Enterprise cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockwave
    no, the TCW is dead, daniels said in storm front part 2 that it now never happened

future guy is from the 27th century
    vosk from the 29th century
    daniels from the 31th century
    Actually Daniels stated that the TCW was coming to an end, he never said that it never happened. He said that it was 'coming to an end' meaning that the factions that have temperal abilities, were laying down their arms, and moving towards a brighter tomorrow.

My "episode" would allow follow all four timelines to co-exsist in one space. See if Vosk was from the 29th century, he would go back to the 20th century. He would be trapped in the temperal vortex, and would be allowed to shift freely into anytime period, but he would never be able to breach the temperal horizon, meaning that he couldn't be anything other than ShadowFutureGuy. Daniels can monitor this from the 31st century, and Vosk/SGF can have most of his impact in the 27th century, making it appear as if he came from there, but we would know that he did, which would be revealed later on. He could then influence the 23 century and influence the Cabal. It could work.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
      What? Seeing Hoshi topless in "Shockwave (Pt. II)" wasn't enough for you? NB - kidding!
      I'll miss her too, and her teddy bear. Don't ask me why, but I remain convinced that Hoshi had a rather battered teddy bear sitting on her bunk...

Anyway, I'm not really surpised that Enterprise has gone down the tubes, just that it's taken four years for Paramount to realise no one was watching the darn thing.
      Yes, it was a nice idea.
      Yes, the sets etc looked fantastic.
      But where in the name of the Great Bird of the Galaxy did they dig that whole Temporal Cold War/Xindi business up from?
      See that was part of the problem. The sets looked too good. The Enterprise while it was slower than the "newer" ships it's Universe Shrinking Drive worked even better. While their weapons sucked they were able to disapear and come back as needed by plot lines. Really in a way that mattered how was the Enterprise more primitive than the other 3 Enterprises?
      Oh and Xzyl you are exactly correct. Bermaga used way to many left over Voyager plots to flesh out the series. The shows are supposed to feel different and Enterprise really never had it's own feel. As a long time ST fan I found it comforting in a "mom's home cooking" sort of way but it didn't ever excite me and that's really annoying because they had so many possibilities that they didn't use.

Comment

Originally posted by animoid
        LOL! They didn't resolve that? Worse than I thought. But then again, think about the lame excuse of an explanation they would have provided for us. Maybe we're better off this way..
        It was Anubis.

Comment

just a plug here.... anyone here who loved ENT and wants it back, go discuss it here:

http://www.trekunited.com/forum/

it's the LET THE FANS PAY FOR SEASON 5 campaign....

we're on a mission, and we need every fan we can get our hands on!!!!

we have backing, we just need the fans

Comment

it's the LET THE FANS PAY FOR SEASON 5 campaign....
            I read something about this plan on teletext yesterday. And it bothers me.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, honestly, but am I the only one thinking that fans organising a fundraiser to raise £19million just to get 20 episodes of their favourite TV show is a bit...disturbing...considering all the poverty, starvation etc there is in the world today?

I don't want to sound preachy here, really, and I do understand the desperation not to have a show you adore cancelled. But it was just that my first reaction on reading the teletext page was that if fans want to get together and raise such an enormous sum as £19million pounds, surely it could be for a better reason than to revive their favourite show?

Sometimes, I think we lose sight of the real world in our love of Stargate or Enterprise or whatever and forget it's not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Or maybe I just find it slightly saddening that people can find the energy to get together to raise this kind of money for a TV show they love, but not to save lives or give to charity.

Albion
            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
              I read something about this plan on teletext yesterday. And it bothers me.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, honestly, but am I the only one thinking that fans organising a fundraiser to raise £19million just to get 20 episodes of their favourite TV show is a bit...disturbing...considering all the poverty, starvation etc there is in the world today?

I don't want to sound preachy here, really, and I do understand the desperation not to have a show you adore cancelled. But it was just that my first reaction on reading the teletext page was that if fans want to get together and raise such an enormous sum as £19million pounds, surely it could be for a better reason than to revive their favourite show?

Sometimes, I think we lose sight of the real world in our love of Stargate or Enterprise or whatever and forget it's not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Albion
              I agree that when you hear a figure like £19 million it can seem a shocking thing that it's being spent on something less worthy than disaster relief.

But looked at another way, how much would you pay for a box set of a show you liked when you saw it on TV? Plenty of people spend £20 - £70 for an entire series/season of some shows they like, even though they've already seen it. If a large number of Enterprise fans all paid £20 - £70 in order to get a whole series/season of their favourite show extra, that can't really be much different, can it?

Originally posted by Albion
              Or maybe I just find it slightly saddening that people can find the energy to get together to raise this kind of money for a TV show they love, but not to save lives or give to charity.
              How do you know they don't also do good deeds and give to charity? Most people do that privately, I think.

Madeleine

Comment

yes... all of us that i know of are considering this part of our entertainment budget... MANY people have raised the concern that we should instead by focusing our efforts to raise money for charity, but basically that's not the money we're asking you to donate... here's our basic policy/thoughts on the money:

-if ya wanna donate to charity also, there's certainly nothing stopping you charities are well worth supporting i've supported quite a few charities before so i can understand the position of wanting to help other groups who need it

-most (if not all) of the money paid by people is under the consideration that if you wanted to buy the season on dvd it would cost over $100, so getting more episodes for the same price per person (or less ) seems well worth it

-along those lines, as far as man-power goes, money isn't necessarily what we need from everyone we have quite a few people pledging support by keeping the attitude up and the enthusiasm going, as well as people donating time

-we will likely be holding auctions and possibly selling sponsor items to raise moneyif you want something physical to buy instead of a donation

-if the campaign ends up not working out, everyone will be refunded using paypal so there's no risk

-the money can't be released without 3 signatures, so you don't have to worry about someone taking off with it!!

-with millions of fans worldwide only a portion of these fans need be reached to raise the money

if you have any more questions, add them here or email me at [email protected]

and visit our campaign website at www.trekunited.com

glad to hear the word is at least getting around

Comment

How do you know they don't also do good deeds and give to charity? Most people do that privately, I think.
                  Maybe they do. But my comment wasn't a general one, it was specific in the context solely of raising this particular £19 million. I personally believe if you're going to raise £19 million, it's better given to charity than a TV show, was the point I was making. I wasn't intent on making any general points about charity giving beyond this project. In the context of my point, any other giving of funds to charity is irrelevent. I'm talking solely about this, specific sum of £19 million and where it and it alone will be spent. And that where it will be spent is what discomfits me, personally.

I take your point about paying for boxed sets, but for me it's not the act of raising the money for a personal or collective fan project per se that makes me uncomfortable and which I was registering my discomfort with. Rather in this case it's the sheer scale of the money being raised that takes it out of the league of anything else I've heard of in the past. I just can't help feeling those way out of the ballpark figures make it rather depressing, given the motivation behind it.

But, hey, that's just me. Must admit I've always kind of felt this way about fans raising large sums of money to take out ads in newspapers celebrating an actor's birthday or whatever. I sometimes wonder if the actor themselves - especially if they advocate a personal charity - wouldn't rather the thousands be spent on charity instead of something that the next day will be used to wrap fish and chips.

But this is getting off the topic for the thread, so I'll say no more. And anyway it's only my opinion. I wish those who don't share it well in their quest. They certainly don't need my approval to do it.

most (if not all) of the money paid by people is under the consideration that if you wanted to buy the season on dvd it would cost over $100, so getting more episodes for the same price per person (or less ) seems well worth it
                  Which is why I refuse to buy Trek boxed sets. <g> And a couple of other shows I love too. Personally, I'm pretty ticked that a UK company wants over £100 for the complete Robin of Sherwood. Gits. And that's for half the episodes of most US seasons (about 13 IIRC) and few to no extras. All I can say is thank goodness Stargate sets are a little more reasonably priced. Even here in Rip Off Britain.

In closing, if those donating to your cause, Emily, do also put in an equal amount to a charity as they donate to Enterprise, as you suggest, it'll be a very worthwhile project.

Albion
                  Last edited by Albion; 10 February 2005, 05:58 AM.
                  Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

hey... personally i'msurprised i haven't been laughed away and insulted here at gateworld!! (not cuz i think the people here are rude, but because we all got much worse at trekbbs where the whole idea originated ) so hey, i understand your opinion too... but i just think of it as SOMEONE is paying for these shows and not charities, so why not have that be us plus, entertainment (and especially in this day in age THOUGHT-PROVOKING and intelligent television like scifi!!!) is what i like to call a VERY GOOD THING what with all that (pardon the expression ) reality trash out there....

as for the dvds, i have only ONE trek box set in my collection and it's VOY season 3, and only because i got it at a KILLER deal (for trek anyway) at around $50.... which is what i pay for stargate but i will be buying ENT once it goes down to about $75 or so the other shows'll have to wait til they get cheaper

Comment

Voyager 7 years - Enterprise 4 years?? that's just plain wrong.

And to anyone making the argument that, if raised, this money should go to charity...along this line of reasoning logic would dictate that the budget for every entertainment event/show/movie/play/etc should all go to charity. What does it matter if the money comes from the fans or the studio, in this line of thinking it is all superfluous waste in the grand scope of humanity. So to anyone making this argument, you had better feel very guilty next time you even watch TV for a second and worse still when you pay your cable bill or buy a movie ticket.

Added: Guess I need to clear this up a little. I am not against this idea and in fact I am one of the people that has already put money into the pot. My mini-rant is aimed at anyone who pays for any sort of entertainment but then says that I should have donated my money to charity instead of supporting Enterprise.
                      Last edited by zebrok; 28 February 2005, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zebrok

And to anyone making the argument that, if raised, this money should go to charity...along this line of reasoning logic would dictate that the budget for every entertainment event/show/movie/play/etc should all go to charity. What does it matter if the money comes from the fans or the studio, in this line of thinking it is all superfluous waste in the grand scope of humanity. So to anyone making this argument, you had better feel very guilty next time you even watch TV for a second and worse still when you pay your cable bill or buy a movie ticket.
                        Ok, look. They said if they can't make the deadline, or if they have excess funds it will go to A CHAIRITY. So calm down people! Learn to ****ing read the reports. They have that posted all over their sites.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by zebrok

ok, maybe i'm understandng wrong, in which case i apologize...

but it sounds like you're saying oneshould feel guilty for NOT donating to charity but shouldn't donate any "enterainment money" either...
                          must say... certainly the most UNIQUE angle i've ever heard about charity....

Comment

I'm completely horrifide. Enterprise may have not have been the best star trek, but i like it. I just hope that in the future we haven't seen the end of Star Trek.

Comment

To all those who glad that enterprise is canceled, so that Stargate will be the king of sci-fi, when Stargate has 5 TV shows, a run lasting 40 years and 10 movies under its belt, get back to me.

I'm still really mad it's been canceled. Many of us are writing to sci-fi to see if they will pick it up. It's a long shot, but maybe it will work. I guess when it's over I will watch SG-1. When they were in competition enterprise won without contest, but now that it isn't there, I will watch SG-1 along with SGA and Galactica.

Comment

I wonder what JMS would do with his ST......?

Comment

Working...
                                X