Enterprise cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrekWeb
    "Daedalus" spun a 1.9/3 Fast National performance, matching "The Forge" but coming in below for the last 2004 episode "Kir'Shara", which earned 2.1/4 final ratings and proved to be one of the most-watched so far this season.

http://trekweb.com/stories.php?aid=4...&topBrowse=all
    Hope that helps.

Also:

Originally posted by TrekWeb
    Friday's first-run presentation of STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE's "Observer Effect" has won a dubious honor: that of lowest-rated episode of the season. Earning a 1.6/3 in the Fast National ratings, according to 'Cyrus' who posted the figure at TrekBBS, "Effect" comes in below even "Storm Front, Part 2" in the estimated figures. "Front" earned a 1.7 earlier this season.

http://trekweb.com/stories.php?aid=4...&topBrowse=all

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

So did you not use the 'average' that ET got, but the most recent episode? I'm a bit confused on what you posted. Did you only average BSG and SGA?
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I can't say I'm depressed or anything over Enterprise being cancelled. I've been expecting this since before the season started, so that probably has something to do with it. I'm more concerned with the future of Trek franchise itself. Hopefully it'll take a couple years off then come back with a vengeance. But please, for the love of god, GET RID OF BERMAGA!
        MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

AT:E hasn't gone above 1.8 this entire season. I took 1.7 as a high average. BSG has had 3.2 for all of it's episodes so far this season. 3.0 is SGA's ~average. It's been between 2.8(Hide And Seek, Suspicion) as the lowest and 3.2(season opener) as the highest. So 3.0 is about the average. SG1 has either been 2.8-2.9 never passing that. So they are all approximate averages. They are pretty much on the dot. I jsut didn't want to keep typing that other stuff out.

None the less, ST:E has been getting destroyed by SG1's 8pm slot. SG1 is damn near doubling ST:E's viewers. P.S. I don't even think SG1's stories so far have been that interesting.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

It's such a pity Ent has been cancelled. I'm one of the apparently few people that really loves the show.
            I hope someone else does pick it up. I know it's unlikely, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
              Hope that helps.

Also:
              Those are the fast national ratings. You are comparing the final numbers with the fast nationals, thats why the gap is so large. Enterprise, BSG and both stargates usually average in the high two million to low three million area. Those are the numbers that show the actual number of viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Servo
                I am so upset it has been canceled. It is the best sci-fi show on TV and it deserves more. Hopefully someone elso will pick it up. Sci-fi should get rid of andromeda and put enterprise in it's slot. The show gets better neilsons then any of the other sci-fi channel shows, and it would be a great lineup for friday night.
                Well, it was improving, but the best show? I don't know, but it's been up and down since the beginning and frankly, I'm surprised it made it this long.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexx
                  I can't say I'm depressed or anything over Enterprise being cancelled. I've been expecting this since before the season started, so that probably has something to do with it. I'm more concerned with the future of Trek franchise itself. Hopefully it'll take a couple years off then come back with a vengeance. But please, for the love of god, GET RID OF BERMAGA!
                  Supposedly, Berman has been tossing around an idea for a new series (or movie) that is to take place between Archer's time and Kirk's time and will deal specifically with the new Federation, Klingon conflict, Klingon-Romulan Alliance, etc. It's supposed to have all new characters and some some characters that overlap like Capt. Christopher Pike, etc. Honestly, I don't know if this will come into being, but it's stuff I've been reading.

Also, there's talk of a final TNG/Voyager/DS9 movie to sort of create some closure to various topics like Dominion, Borg, etc. I don't know if it's worth it by now, but I know I will miss Trek in whatever form it's offered to me.

I was bummed when Voyager went off the air too. I think TNG and Voyager were among the best of the Treks.

Also, Andromeda isn't on any more is it? I mean, did Sci-fi cancel that piece of junk or will it be back? Man after Season 2, it sucked. I could barely watch it without laughing or sneering. Talk about sci-fi cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                    AT:E hasn't gone above 1.8 this entire season. I took 1.7 as a high average. BSG has had 3.2 for all of it's episodes so far this season. 3.0 is SGA's ~average. It's been between 2.8(Hide And Seek, Suspicion) as the lowest and 3.2(season opener) as the highest. So 3.0 is about the average. SG1 has either been 2.8-2.9 never passing that. So they are all approximate averages. They are pretty much on the dot. I jsut didn't want to keep typing that other stuff out.

None the less, ST:E has been getting destroyed by SG1's 8pm slot. SG1 is damn near doubling ST:E's viewers. P.S. I don't even think SG1's stories so far have been that interesting.
                    If you don't like Stargate, or think the writing is substandard, why don't you find an Enterprise or Xindi forum? The point of Gateworld is for people who like it, not who bash it. Go find a Crewman Daniels forum or something.

Comment

Well......there goes my only reason of watching UPN. I don't even think I'll bother with watching the remaining episodes. Why would anyone when you know the show is being cancelled?

It's a shame it wasn't on at 9pm, I'm sure it could have pulled more viewers....at least I wouldn't have had to switch back and forth or record one or the other (SG-1)....Just when the show was getting to be a must see for me (these past one and a half seasons).....oh well, cya Scott (Bakula), cya Linda (Park) ....and the rest of the cast and good luck in the future....

Comment

I was shocked that they released this so early, I thought they were going to wait until after February sweeps. Seasons 1-3 were complete crap, mainly because B&B ran the show. Season 4 has been good with Manny Coto running it, but it was too little too late. I think it is best for the franchise as a whole, especially if a new series comes out with no involvement from B&B at all! Let Stargate's reign truly begin as king of Sci-Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                          If you don't like Stargate, or think the writing is substandard, why don't you find an Enterprise or Xindi forum? The point of Gateworld is for people who like it, not who bash it. Go find a Crewman Daniels forum or something.
                          Why can't you just keep your mouth shut!?! Seriously man! You run around, following everything I post, and then you bash it. All I said, was so far, I haven't liked SG1's writing as compared to ST:E's 4th season! Calm [mod snip]down. You talk about me bashing, all you do is take my like of ST and turn it into a double edged sword, and I get stabbed by both sides. Leave me and my posts alone [mod snip]!
                          Last edited by Madeleine; 05 February 2005, 05:34 AM.

Comment

If anyone wants a cup of tea and a biscuit, I'll put the kettle on. Then we can talk about Enterprise getting cancelled.

The personal argument stuff doesn't belong in here.

Madeleine

GW Moderator

PS - I'll not miss it much, but I will miss playing How Many Minutes Till The Blue Underwear Appears This Week.

Madeleine

Comment

Obviously there will be a new ST show in the future. I really hope that Bermaga have nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                                It's such a pity Ent has been cancelled. I'm one of the apparently few people that really loves the show.
                                I hope someone else does pick it up. I know it's unlikely, but still...
                                i loved the show too!! and after watching tonight's episode, it makes it even WORSE that it's cancelled cuz it just keeps getting better and better!

Comment

Working...
                                X