Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more prequels.

Comment

If there were a new Trek Film would you want to continue with Picard and other members of the Enterprise or would a new captain make the series fresher and more interesting? Picard is getting older and while his ability to captain and his greatness doesn't seem likely to diminish, at this point, would having him in the captain's chair be beneficial to the series?

For me he was the only good thing about Nemesis but I don't think he alone can save the series anymore.

Second question.

Can Star Trek introduce new charachters on the big screen and then spin them into a new series or would it be wiser to start a new TV series, introduce all new characters and work from there? That is, keep the current methodology.

I think it would be an interesting change of direction for them if they could look at the franchise with new eyes and rather than starting with known small-screen entities, create a self contained film with the potential for a series. It would give them an opportunity to feel out the audience and not feel obligated to include characters just for the sake of having them there for familiarity.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
        If there were a new Trek Film would you want to continue with Picard and other members of the Enterprise or would a new captain make the series fresher and more interesting?
        I think it would be an interesting change of direction for them if they could look at the franchise with new eyes and rather than starting with known small-screen entities, create a self contained film with the potential for a series.
        Picard was undoubtedly a great captain but his time is past and I don't think Patrick Stewart would want to do any more anyway. New captain please, let me see, what haven't we had... looks like an Asian or possibly black female this time.

Raising the finance and backing for an all-new Trek film with unknown characters would be difficult, I imagine. Same goes for a new series I suppose. I have no idea of the figures involved, but I would bet money would be one of the biggest factors.
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

As much as I loved Picard (my favorite ST captain!), as I have said many times before on different threads, I want the next ST series to be based hundreds of years in the future from where TNG, Voyager and DS9 were based. I want all new characters, new technologies, new alliances, new enemies and new Starfleet ships .

I know you based this thread on a new ST movie, that being said, I have NO problem with Picard and any other TNG characters being in the next movie!.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
            As much as I loved Picard (my favorite ST captain!), as I have said many times before on different threads, I want the next ST series to be based hundreds of years in the future from where TNG, Voyager and DS9 were based. I want all new characters, new technologies, new alliances, new enemies and new Starfleet ships .

I know you based this thread on a new ST movie, that being said, I have NO problem with Picard and any other TNG characters being in the next movie!.

I would prefer it to be set after all the series with new character.

Comment

They should make a klingon based Star Trek, that would be awesome to the EXTREME.

Comment

guys google startrek the new voyages. It is a fan run thing, and it just contiunes the five year mission of the original series. Hell they have checkov, and the assioacte producer, and gene rodenberry's son saying the project is good.
                Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
                  They should make a klingon based Star Trek, that would be awesome to the EXTREME.
                  I would be interested in that. Klingons, Klingons, and more Klingons.

Comment

I'd like to see more prequel stuff like on Enterprise. Perhaps something on the Terran-Romulan War. I just can't relate as well to the uber-advanced Star Trek society.
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                      If there were a new Trek Film would you want to continue with Picard and other members of the Enterprise or would a new captain make the series fresher and more interesting? Picard is getting older and while his ability to captain and his greatness doesn't seem likely to diminish, at this point, would having him in the captain's chair be beneficial to the series?

For me he was the only good thing about Nemesis but I don't think he alone can save the series anymore.

Second question.

Can Star Trek introduce new charachters on the big screen and then spin them into a new series or would it be wiser to start a new TV series, introduce all new characters and work from there? That is, keep the current methodology.

I think it would be an interesting change of direction for them if they could look at the franchise with new eyes and rather than starting with known small-screen entities, create a self contained film with the potential for a series. It would give them an opportunity to feel out the audience and not feel obligated to include characters just for the sake of having them there for familiarity.

Picard was good and he's been the captain of the Enterprise for over 15 years. Nemesis put closure on all the Next Generation crew. So I think it's time for a new captain and crew. Star Trek can introduce new characters on the big screen.
                      Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                      Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

I hate to be pessimistic, but I think Trek is done for. I loved it but I just don't see how it can come back. Even if there's a new crew, people might just hate it. But then again people may not want the next gen cast back without Data. Every scenario I play out in my head just ends in Trek being over

Comment

I've had this idea for a while. Have any of you read the Star Trek:New Frontier book series? Why don't they make that into a TV series? It's already got characters, a plot, all the stuff that has sucked in the past few ST series. It would be hard to mess it up. I think that would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                            I hate to be pessimistic, but I think Trek is done for. I loved it but I just don't see how it can come back. Even if there's a new crew, people might just hate it. But then again people may not want the next gen cast back without Data. Every scenario I play out in my head just ends in Trek being over
                            Star Trek was completely tied up.

The Romulans doing away with the Neutral Zone after Starfleet helped kill evil-Picard (I can't remember his name) and the fact that the Romulan government all got destroyed. A Federation captain finally said frak this and threw in the towel and introduced a virus into the Borg collective (at its source no less) and completely destroyed the Borg's capability to leave the Delta Quadrant (the Transwarp Hubs). The Klingons are at peace (and their arses had gotten thoroughly handed to all during that time: Dominion War). The Maquis are officially o'er (reconciled with Starfleet I'm sure:The Dominion War kind of made their movement, which was to fight the Cardassians from their homes, pointless and the majority of them were Starfleet officers). And we got to witness the first days of the Federation. Star Trek is officially done. There's nothing they can do. In fact, the one thing they SHOULD HAVE DONE was NOT make Insurrection. Insurrection was useless, stupid, pointless, and did not fit in at all to the Federation timeline. I thought it the most stupid and disinteresting movies, and completely spat in the face of the best trek movie ever made IMVHO (First Contact-and it's voyager companion pieces Dark Frontier, Unimatrix Zero, and Endgame). Evil clone Picard was not a way to go out either, though it did tie up the Romulan plotline (you know, the one in Next Generation about reform in the Romulan Government). Final Question: what happened to Sela?
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

i have to admit it would be strange to see Forrest Gump in a starfleet uniform but I guess the franchise could do worse.
                              Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Type casting is a big problem actors worry about.

Comment

Working...
                                X