No announcement yet.

The Star Trek: XI Speculation/Rumors/Ideas/spoilers/News Thread SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just hoping that it will NOT be a Voyager dominated movie. Ugh. Voyager is great as a show, but not movie material. The characters are way too weak (I didn't feel that I knew anything new about Harry or Chakotay in Endgame all the way from Caretaker through season one- and half the other characters were mediocre at best).

But whatever the movie is, it has to have the EMH.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
      I am just hoping that it will NOT be a Voyager dominated movie. Ugh. Voyager is great as a show, but not movie material. The characters are way too weak (I didn't feel that I knew anything new about Harry or Chakotay in Endgame all the way from Caretaker through season one- and half the other characters were mediocre at best).

But whatever the movie is, it has to have the EMH.
      oh yeah has too
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

There won't be another Star Trek movie as long as that unreal person Rick Bermen is in charge of it at Paramount. In my opinion he is an "idiota". He is an "asno agujero". Yes, I am Hispanic.

Comment

Originally posted by Madacapa
          There won't be another Star Trek movie as long as that unreal person Rick Bermen is in charge of it at Paramount. In my opinion he is an "idiota". He is an "asno agujero". Yes, I am Hispanic.
          I agree with you, and I'm not even Latina.

Well, actually, to soften that a bit j- I feel that poor Rick isn't the only one to blame. There's plenty of blame to go around.

But, to another poster's point, I'm 100% certain that the film won't be centered on Voyager. Why in the world would they do that? That series got piss-poor reviews and ratings. It would be suicide.
          Jezisi, ja s tema hercema nemuzu delat!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RoaringMice
            I agree with you, and I'm not even Latina.

Well, actually, to soften that a bit j- I feel that poor Rick isn't the only one to blame. There's plenty of blame to go around.

But, to another poster's point, I'm 100% certain that the film won't be centered on Voyager. Why in the world would they do that? That series got piss-poor reviews and ratings. It would be suicide.
            However, it was a good show. I enjoyed all seven years of it. Nonetheless, I don't think a voyager movie would be that great...especially since they've returned home.
            sigpic

Comment

Guess what I found on SciFi Wire today

Trek 11 Not Dead?

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=35461

Screenwriter Erik Jendresen told SyFyPortal that his proposed Star Trek: The Beginning, the 11th film in the franchise, is not dead, though Paramount has made no decisions about moving forward with the franchise. More ...
              sigpic

Comment

intersting
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, it is interesting, and it may actually work, but only if Rick Bermen is not involved in ANY way with the project. I can see they are trying to copy the Star Wars 1-3, but that is OK is it gets a$$e$ in the seats. Its all about the MONEY, and the unreal, devil-in-disquise Rick Bermen will continue to his apparent quest to destroy Star Trek if he continues to be involved with it.

Comment

I think this story shows promise. They need to go for somthing different, and a trilogy of Romulan War movies would definatly be interesting. I would love to see this make it to screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                      and a trilogy of Romulan War movies would definatly be interesting. I would love to see this make it to screen.
                      But a Romulan War Movie Trilogy would likely involve the Enterprise Cast, I think.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                        But a Romulan War Movie Trilogy would likely involve the Enterprise Cast, I think.
                        Not nescessarily, but nothing wrong with that.

Comment

This move would take place after Star Trek: Enterprise and before Star Trek: TOS. It would not involve any actors from previous Star Trek shows. As I said before, Star Trek: the Beginning could work and make Viacom a lot of money, but only if RICK BERMEN IS FIRED!

Comment

Originally posted by Madacapa
                            This move would take place after Star Trek: Enterprise and before Star Trek: TOS. It would not involve any actors from previous Star Trek shows. As I said before, Star Trek: the Beginning could work and make Viacom a lot of money, but only if RICK BERMEN IS FIRED!
                            But remember that the Enterprise finale took place just before (and during) the signing of the Charter that started the Federation, which took place AFTER the Romulan Wars.
                            sigpic

Comment

But remember that the Enterprise finale took place just before (and during) the signing of the Charter that started the Federation, which took place AFTER the Romulan Wars.
                              yeah true
                              sigpic

Comment

Looks like a very interesting premise. I sure hope that it makes it to the big screen! :-)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X