What if it wasnt an Intrepid in the delta quadrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
    Hell yes it would be funny to see a Sovereign class Voyager blow the Kazon to pieces. But, what if it was a Valor class(the class right after the Pheonix).
    Valor class? Do you mean Valiant? I don't recognize that one. I've been watching so much more Stargate than Star Trek in the last couple of years so I could be just brain farting and this could be a common ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
      Valor class? Do you mean Valiant? I don't recognize that one. I've been watching so much more Stargate than Star Trek in the last couple of years so I could be just brain farting and this could be a common ship.

Oh, right it was Valient class. But that would be funny right? here's a website where you can look at the strengths of various ships. DITL
      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
        Maybe she didn't "remember" that information. I think there was an episode that dealt with that aspect. Borg tech sure would have helped with the Krenim.
        It did help. Seven came up with temporal shielding.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Anybody wanna continue this thread?
          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Doesn't look like it....

Comment

We saw how badly a Nova science vessel faired in the Delta Quadrant.

As for another ship class... I expected to see Voyager travelling at warp 9+ all the time. Instead, they're at warp 5 or 3 or 2 or whatever ridiculously low speed it is this week. Any of the major ships from the 'modern' era could easily have covered the same distance that Voy did under its own power.

A Galaxy would have already had the built-in generational aspect, should the situation come to that. A Sovereign wouldn't have the families, but it certainly had the same holodecks and science labs, etc. that the Intrepid and galaxy had. I'd really have loved to see a Defiant in the Delta Quadrant. The confined space, the raw nerves, the sneaking cloaked through Borg space, the action sequences...
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

It would've been fun to see a Defiant class take out a Kazon ship just after decloaking (Only Defiant had a cloak). But it wouln't survive in the Delta quadrant it hasn't got the man power and isn't equiped for long deep space missions (Goes through torps and phasor coils far to easily).

But a Soveriegn would've been fun to watch 1 quantum torpedoe ripping through a Kazon ship and the type xiii? phasors cuting one in half in seconds. Porbably could've survived the pounding on it for weeks before loosing shields.

BTW Seven did provide help and borg tech when needed. Seven and possible the other drone they had for an ep upgraded the shields and weapons from the bridge and the drone says something like 'Your systems have been upgraded as much as was within there limit'. Also some of the things they could've added would have hampered the ships abilities like certain peices of tech that twisted the hull like the slipstream drive Voayger just wasn't built for it.
                if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                  We saw how badly a Nova science vessel faired in the Delta Quadrant.

As for another ship class... I expected to see Voyager travelling at warp 9+ all the time. Instead, they're at warp 5 or 3 or 2 or whatever ridiculously low speed it is this week. Any of the major ships from the 'modern' era could easily have covered the same distance that Voy did under its own power.

A Galaxy would have already had the built-in generational aspect, should the situation come to that. A Sovereign wouldn't have the families, but it certainly had the same holodecks and science labs, etc. that the Intrepid and galaxy had. I'd really have loved to see a Defiant in the Delta Quadrant. The confined space, the raw nerves, the sneaking cloaked through Borg space, the action sequences...
                  Well they could only sustain Warp 9+ for so long... Their anti-matter manufacturing (is that even the right term?) capabilities are significantly less than the other larger ships.. and it seemed like they were encountering some sort of anomaly every week which would prevent them from going max speed.

If it were the Sovereign or any of the larger ships I think we'd own the Kazon right off the bat. As for the Defiant... I think there would be a lot of drama. So many people crammed into that one small ship. It's a fighting ship... battle-wise it would whoop it on but the logistics would be the problem.

Comment

Mind If I dive in with my opionions this late on in the thread??

Deffinately belive a soverign would have been better. bigger, better armed and almost as fast as an Intrepid (wheras a galaxy clas is slow as my dead grandad) it could have given a hoosing to anyone, and not had to worry about running out of power/torpedoes/etc

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
                    I have wondered this myself over the years.

I wonder if Voyager was an Akira Class. What would have happened? Are Akiras considered heavy cruisers? I think I read that in the DS9 manual.
                    Akira's designated a Carrier, I believe, because of, well, the fact it has a huge flight deck that hold starfleet fighters aboard. can't remeber how many.
                    They would have been handy whilst the akira was fighting. run interence, take out shields/weapons systems.
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                      Mind If I dive in with my opionions this late on in the thread??

Deffinately belive a soverign would have been better. bigger, better armed and almost as fast as an Intrepid (wheras a galaxy clas is slow as my dead grandad) it could have given a hoosing to anyone, and not had to worry about running out of power/torpedoes/etc
                      No one is going to dispute that. The Sovereign is an Explorer II... Federation lingo for "Bust Out A Keg O' Whoopa$$ Battle Cruiser."

Where do you get that a Galaxy Class ship is slow...

Galaxy Class Ship
                      Normal Cruising = Warp 6
                      Max Cruising = Warp 9.2
                      Max Speed = Warp 9.6-9.9 (12h)

Sovereign Class Ship
                      Normal Cruising = Warp 6
                      Max Cruising Speed =Warp 9.7
                      Max Speed = Warp 9.9 (12hrs)

The Sovereign is helluva lot more sleeker looking than a Galaxy class ship but there isn't a dramatic difference between the two speed-wise.

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                      Akira's designated a Carrier, I believe, because of, well, the fact it has a huge flight deck that hold starfleet fighters aboard. can't remeber how many.
                      They would have been handy whilst the akira was fighting. run interence, take out shields/weapons systems.
                      Akira is classified as a Heavy Cruiser... that's what all the sites I've visited said so far... it's been awhile since I've discussed anything in depth Star Trek related. All I know is that this ship is stacked with Torpedoes (up to 300) and Launchers and several Type X (10) phaser arrays while the Intrepid has a handful (40ish I believe) and possibly used Type VIII phaser arrays.

Comment

No one is going to dispute that. The Sovereign is an Explorer II... Federation lingo for "Bust Out A Keg O' Whoopa$$ Battle Cruiser."

Where do you get that a Galaxy Class ship is slow...

Galaxy Class Ship
                        Normal Cruising = Warp 6
                        Max Cruising = Warp 9.2
                        Max Speed = Warp 9.6-9.9 (12h)

Sovereign Class Ship
                        Normal Cruising = Warp 6
                        Max Cruising Speed =Warp 9.7
                        Max Speed = Warp 9.9 (12hrs)

The Sovereign is helluva lot more sleeker looking than a Galaxy class ship but there isn't a dramatic difference between the two speed-wise.
                        If I remeber my theory correctly, the differenc ebetween warp 9.2 and 9.7 is actually really big. I know it sounds like they should be really close, but there is a difference.

Akira is classified as a Heavy Cruiser... that's what all the sites I've visited said so far... it's been awhile since I've discussed anything in depth Star Trek related. All I know is that this ship is stacked with Torpedoes (up to 300) and Launchers and several Type X (10) phaser arrays while the Intrepid has a handful (40ish I believe) and possibly used Type VIII phaser arrays.
                        I got that Star Trek files things a few years ago....you know, one of them weekly fan magazine things. It said the Akira class was a carrier/cruiser (could fulfil both) I think. I'll check on that. But c the flat bit in the bow, like on the NX enterprise, well, unlike the NX, on the akira its a large hangar bay equipped with federation fighters. That's were they whipped them all out of during the Dominion war. The Akira and Thunderchild, I believe, came along with all the guns ever AND fighter craft! Kinda like the Daeddy of the Trek universe
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

The warp factor scale is non-linear, so yeah, there could be a really big difference between 9.2 and 9.7

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                          The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Yes I know... but the a Galaxy class ship is far from slow.

Comment

Despite what their top speeds or max cruising speeds are, following Voyager's example, they'd never be travelling @ warp 9+ on a regular basis. Top speed is great in a pinch to outrun your enemies, but the whole 'get home under our own power' argument wouldn't really matter no matter what ship you're on, since it'll still take more than a century to get to Earth if you're not maxing out the warp core all the time.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Few things: Seven did design weapons for them. She designed the "Borg inspired weapons array" on the Delta Flyer. That's why it was able to blow up reaaaaalllly big things, even though it was a shuttle.

Second, as someone already mentioned, anti-matter doesn't just materialize out of nothing. Federation ships use fusion reactors as a power source, and any extra power that is left over is pumped into anti-matter generators, which produce (generate) anti-matter, which is then stored for use at a later date.

Warp takes up so much energy that Federation ships can only sustain it for a relatively brief period before they need to stop and refuel (days or weeks, depending on the class of ship). Then they stop, suck in a bunch of hydrogen and deuterium (that's what the big red things on the front of their nacelles are for - they're bussard collectors), and spend a few days at impulse rebuilding their anti-matter supply. That's why Voyager spent so much time at sublight speeds.

And of course, you don't want to run the tank empty, cause your shields also depend on that anti-matter. Indirectly at least. During a battle it's been shown that a Starfleet ship can recharge its shield capacitors in only a few tens of seconds. When running off fusion reactors only it takes them many, many hours. In a battle you really don't have hours to recharge your shields. You may not even have that 1 minute that you need.

Comment

Working...
                                X