What if it wasnt an Intrepid in the delta quadrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobJones View Post
    A question I've wondered time and time again. Voyager was an Intrepid class ship - fast, agile, well armed for its size. But at the end of the day, it isnt a war ship. 13 Medium Type X Phaser arrays, 4 Photon Torpedo Launchers with a max spread of only 12 shots (i think), Only photon torpedoes, limited shielding. It cant take on too many vessels at once.

What if a more battle designed ship had been thrown into the delta quadrant? Say, a Galaxy class, Prometheus class, Defiant class, Sovereign class, Akira class? Think what a situations Voyager has been in, and then think what would of happened if voyager had been a Sovereign class ship? Complete with all the sovereigns weaponry, technology and shielding!

How do you think the storylines would of gone? What would happen? Would the "new" Voyager of faired any better than the Intrepid Voyager?

Then again, what would of happened if Voyager had been of an older design? Constitution, Excelsior, NX (LOL), Miranda...

What would of happened?
    i never thought of that .i will post more later
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

No matter what, it would be cool to watch.
      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by RobJones View Post
        Prometheus because of its weaponry, speed, its seperation mode (with each section warp capable)
        yet the Prometheus still managed to get hijacked by a bunch of romulans
        (how? go figure)

Comment

Enterprise E-2372
          Prometheus-2374
          Soviergn-2371
          Start of ST Voyager-2371
          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Also seven of nine did try to supply voyager with trans warp drive, unfortunately due to some technobable, I believe tactilons leaked into the warp core, and nearly cause warp core breach. Also she was the one that design and built the the temporal sensor the astrometix had and other technology. she design and built the astrometrix all of it was virtually base on Borg technology.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              Also seven of nine did try to supply voyager with trans warp drive, unfortunately due to some technobable, I believe tactilons leaked into the warp core, and nearly cause warp core breach.
              which episode wuz that ?

I know one where they tried to steal a transwarp thingie from the borg (s5 Dark Frontier ?) but I can't remember what happened next

Comment

Nope wrong episode. The Day of Honor.
                season 4 episode 3
                Here the link to a summary.
                http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...ode/69028.html

The one you are talking about is when the crew planned to obtain a transwarp coil from a Borg sphere, the mission goes alright but seven gets captured. Janeway, Tuvok and Paris using the transwarp coil goes and get seven of nine back, in the delta flyer, using seven of nine parents to research to avoid capture.. After they complete their rescue mission they head back to voyager. The they use
                the it to get voyager ten thousand light years further home. You can find a more detain story on the linked I provided.

Comment

mm yes I remember this one - it was before 7/9 donned that ugly brown outfit (which unfortunately she kept throughout the rest of the show )
                  I think that was the episode where she cut her hand & was disappointed that the cut didn't heal instantly (as it would have if she'd been a drone)

Comment

Originally posted by Frinky View Post
                    Wasn't Voayger stranded before the soverign, prometheus and akira designs were implemented for construction within the fleet? That said, I think that a Galaxy class would have been the best suited, at that time, for being stranded in the Delta Quadrant.
                    Don't think so. Ent-E came out in 2372, so the design had to have been created sometime before the Ent-E was built. Earth was working on anti-Borg tech for awhile, so I'm guessing the Ent-E was completed in 2370. The Intrepid-class is an old class (not nearly as old as the Galaxy, but old). She was created sometime when they found that travelling at high warp caused damage in subspace. This has since been corrected and hence why the Federation no longer needs Voyager type nacelles.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                      Don't think so. Ent-E came out in 2372, so the design had to have been created sometime before the Ent-E was built. Earth was working on anti-Borg tech for awhile, so I'm guessing the Ent-E was completed in 2370. The Intrepid-class is an old class (not nearly as old as the Galaxy, but old). She was created sometime when they found that travelling at high warp caused damage in subspace. This has since been corrected and hence why the Federation no longer needs Voyager type nacelles.
                      The USS Sovereign came out in 2371. Maybe before or after Voyager got stranded in the alpha quadrant. Most likely before. Enterprise E did come out in 2372.

Comment

The Akira, Defiant, Steamrunner etc etc are all doomed. They are not built for long-range explorations or other endavours, and would not have enough room, food or energy to survive on the long run. A galaxy class or sovereign class would be best suited for the long trip, but bear in mind that intrepid class ships were the fastest warp ships (9.975) available at that time.

Comment

True, but the Sovereign would've been funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                            yeah it would have been
                            sigpic
                            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                              why funny? or do you mean it would have been funny watching the kazon getting blown to pieces...heck a sovereign could have beaten the kazon and used the caretaker array to get home
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                                why funny? or do you mean it would have been funny watching the kazon getting blown to pieces...heck a sovereign could have beaten the kazon and used the caretaker array to get home
                                Hell yes it would be funny to see a Sovereign class Voyager blow the Kazon to pieces. But, what if it was a Valor class(the class right after the Pheonix).

Comment

Working...
                                X