No announcement yet.

What if it wasnt an Intrepid in the delta quadrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I am not a big fan of the mirror universe episodes and Voyager being the only Trek series to never explore a mirror universe (VOY props). It was the one series I would have liked to seen what a mirror universe looked like. Maybe the characters in the mirror universe would have turned out like the ones we saw in the episode Living Witness, that showed a very evil VOY crew including the ultra evil Capt. Janeway, which turned out to be a false recollection/alternate reality.

Comment

The intrepid was nice, but if it was a sovereign it would be pretty cool. Although a lot of the ships from Star Trek: Armada that you see very little of in the series' or films would be cool. Especially that one that fired the really big torpedos, or the one that could make photon torpedos bounce between all the enemy ships (ive not played it in a while, cant remember the names)
      When all technology has failed and all hope is lost, we will realize we had the ultimate advantage all along...

MAY BANJOS RULE THE WORLD!!!
      The reason my chemistry teacher hates me:
      Spoiler:
      MBA (my chemistry teacher): What is Avagadros constant?
      Me: 6 and a bit times 10 to the 23.
      MBA: Yea, you know that "bit" is two billion trillion?
      Me: Im barnsley and hung over, a bit will do
      AND
      MBA: What do we do to the number of moles to get the number of atoms?
      Me: Times it by that really big number!
      MBA: Yes, that really big number, what is it?
      Me: How should i know?
      MBA: Its on the board
      Me: Then whats the point in asking???

Comment

I also for one think a galaxy class would have been the best ship being traped, I didnt think voyager sucked after it started intoduceing more of the borg, voyager didnt own any borg cubes intill the last episode of the sries with those amazeing trans phaseic torpeods, the ship did have a formor borg drone to its advanatge, which as we saw in first contatc with picard really came in helpful when the enterprise e destroyed both a cuber and speher, and its onle one ship even though it is a soverighn, I enjoyed voayager as a series especialy since we learned alot more about the borg as a speicies,

Comment

I liked the idea of a regular Starfleet ship being lost in the Delta Quadrant. It was the second ship of a brand new class, but it wasn't a war ship, a weak science ship, or a monstrosity like the Enterprise-D. It was an average size starship designed for space explorration, scientific missions, and tactical missions when necessary. The crew often called the ship small, but when you compare it to other Starfleet ships of the time period, it's really an average-size ship.

I loved that it could land, too. We saw the ship land six times over the coarse of the series plus a crashlanding in "Timeless" which featured an alternate future.
          Originally posted by Naonak
          Which just goes to show how lame Voyager was as a show, when that one ship starts taking out Borg cubes all over the place...
          In which episodes did Voyager take out Borg cubes? The only episode I recall where this occured is "Endgame" where Voyager had transphasic torpedoes from the future thanks to Admiral Janeway's timetraveling shuttlecraft.
          Last edited by Daniel Jackson; 01 October 2006, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
            Although I am not a big fan of the mirror universe episodes and Voyager being the only Trek series to never explore a mirror universe (VOY props). It was the one series I would have liked to seen what a mirror universe looked like. Maybe the characters in the mirror universe would have turned out like the ones we saw in the episode Living Witness, that showed a very evil VOY crew including the ultra evil Capt. Janeway, which turned out to be a false recollection/alternate reality.
            I would catorgorize Living Witness as the Mirror universe episode for that series. Really well done imo.

I think the Akira would have been a good size vessel to get lost in the DQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
              Although I am not a big fan of the mirror universe episodes and Voyager being the only Trek series to never explore a mirror universe (VOY props).
              The original show only did one episode. It was DS9 that brought the Mirror Universe back for five episodes. We only saw the Mirror Universe on ENT, because Manny Coto was a big fan of the original show and the episode "Mirror, Mirror." Personally, I didn't like ENT's 2 episodes. They had nothing to do with the actual show. You might as well have produced two "lost TNG episodes." Oh, wait, they made one lost TNG episode.

TNG never explored the mirror universe either. The closest they came was Season 7's "Parallels" which did not feature the Mirror Universe.

It was the one series I would have liked to seen what a mirror universe looked like. Maybe the characters in the mirror universe would have turned out like the ones we saw in the episode Living Witness, that showed a very evil VOY crew including the ultra evil Capt. Janeway, which turned out to be a false recollection/alternate reality.
              DS9's "Crossover" established that the Federation fell a century ago. The episode aired before VOY began, so that killed off VOY's chances of doing a Mirror Universe episode, because whut are the chances that that same situation would happen in the Mirror Universe? Come on, now... They could have done a parallel universe episode that featured a reallity that was similar, but not the mirror universe. The closest thing we have are a few "alternate timeline" episodes like "Year of He**, Parts 1 & 2" and "Timeless" for example.

I don't count "Living Witness," because that's just a holographic misrepresentation in the distant future.

Personally, I found the mirror universe to be redundant. I want to see different parallel reallities, not the same one. Seven episodes is enough!!!

Comment

Well actually in the alternate mirror universe there was nothing to stop the Caretaker from stealing ships from the badlands, of course the only ship that ever came close to a federation ship in the mirror universe was of course the almost identical "Defient" a ship based upon plans stolen by smiley in season 3 and featured in season four "Shattered mirror" the rest of voyager crew was never seen in the mirror universe with the only exception to that was Tuvok in season 3 who joined the rebelion the rest of the crew ie B'Lanna and Chakotay were never seen, maybe they lived happy lives or were drawn to the dark side of the alliance, although i can't see the Marquis characters being defectors so they were probably out there a raider probably both B'lanna and Chakotay......hell Seska probably even duped the marquis into thinking she was human......what weak foreheads we all have.....the same or similar events that happened in VOY season 1 and 2 could have happaned in the Alpha quadrant.
                For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

here's a thought,
                  it might seem unlikly, but what if a fleet of ships got sent to the delta quadrant; Voyager, the enterprise, the defiant , a galaxy class, an akira class and a prometheus class.

lol, then it would truely become Star Trek Ass-kicking/ Star Trek Pwnage

I think the kazon would be like this:
                  Spoiler:
                  "we are soo f-ked"

Comment

what I still can't get over with is that Voyager had a former borg drone on board their vessel (with all the borg tech knowledge she would have possessed, having been part of the collective) yet she never provided them with any offensive/defensive borg tech (let alone transwarp drives)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver
                      what I still can't get over with is that Voyager had a former borg drone on board their vessel (with all the borg tech knowledge she would have possessed, having been part of the collective) yet she never provided them with any offensive/defensive borg tech (let alone transwarp drives)
                      Maybe she didn't "remember" that information. I think there was an episode that dealt with that aspect. Borg tech sure would have helped with the Krenim.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                        Maybe she didn't "remember" that information. I think there was an episode that dealt with that aspect. Borg tech sure would have helped with the Krenim.
                        heck, it would have helped against just about any hostile they encountered throughout the show (but it also would've made it too easy for them I guess -)

which episode was it?
                        Last edited by SoulReaver; 04 October 2006, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Well she did help in a number of ways:

1. Some of the borg tech installed on Voyager in "Scorpion" was left as it improved the systems.
                          2. Seven of Nine was crucial in the development of the Astrometrix lab.
                          3. Seven was a vital member of the team which constructed the slipstream drive, which ultimately failed.
                          4. Seven used her knowledge as a drone to create the chamber used to hold omega particles.
                          5. Seven is vital in defeating borg vessels on a number of occassions.
                          6. Seven's knowledge of borg tech is a vital component in the construction of the Delta Flyer.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.
                          //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                          Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

the borg enhancements were made when she was part of the collective. As for defeating the borg vessels they encountered after that it was more tactical advice than anything else. She didn't provide Voyager with borg military tech (such as borg shields, or the ability to analyze enemy shields & adapt, etc)
                            The delta flyer is probably the only substantial thing where she may have played a hand, and even then I believe it's Tom Paris who designed it on his own (though I can't remember for sure)

Comment

It couldn't ever have been the Prometheus. If it was a Soviergn class ship, it would've been the USS Soviergn.
                              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
                                here's a thought,
                                it might seem unlikly, but what if a fleet of ships got sent to the delta quadrant; Voyager, the enterprise, the defiant , a galaxy class, an akira class and a prometheus class.

lol, then it would truely become Star Trek Ass-kicking/ Star Trek Pwnage

I think the kazon would be like this:
                                Spoiler:
                                "we are soo f-ked"
                                *Key original Battlestar Galactica music*
                                The rag-tag fugitive fleet, fleeing the Kazon/Krenim/Borg/Voth tyrany!

Comment

Working...
                                X