No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm very excited right now. I just subscribed to Blockbuster's online video rental thing. It is 15 dollers a month for unlimited video watching. First on my list are seasons of DS9 and Voyager. I'm finally going to get down to some serious Trek watching. Yay.

Comment

NOTE: Don't forget my friend's - Shiny new Trek Quiz manana. I added a new feature to a couple of the fill-in questions where all parts of the question pertain to a hand picked character of my choosing. It may be just about a characters involvement in a single episode or a characters involvement in a particular movie. If you guys like it I can expand off of it and make one question have 8 or 9 parts instead of the 3 or 4 like I use now.
      Originally posted by philstar22 View Post
      Well, I'm very excited right now. I just subscribed to Blockbuster's online video rental thing. It is 15 dollers a month for unlimited video watching. First on my list are seasons of DS9 and Voyager. I'm finally going to get down to some serious Trek watching. Yay.
      Thats great to hear philstar!, I hope you join us in our episode discussions that USS Defiant likes to lead. They're fun, and filled with all kinds of inside information that makes watching the episode all the better.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
        I love your sleep emoticon Lady Rachelle.

Brother's Fifth, Starbase and myself both lamented the death of Roy Schieder. We were all big fans of his. Some of my favorite Roy movies are -- Jaws .. All That Jazz .. The French Connection .. Blue Thunder .. 2010. My absolute favorite Roy Scheider movie is a rather obscure 1977 film called Sorcerer, which is a remake of the even greater original French film directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot and starring Yves Montand - Le Salaire de la peur or (The Wages of Fear). It tells the story of four desperate men hired by an oil company to drive two trucks packed with volatile explosives (Nitroglycerin) along a rickety road through a jungle to extinguish an oil well fire. They are both two of the very best movies I have ever seen.
        I remember bits of that movie, especially how they kept the tension going non stop, I really felt I was sweating with those guys as they drove those trucks that could explode any minute! Wasn't that the movie with the scene where they get stuck in a large muddy puddle, the truck slips back and traps one of the guys trying to put some form of traction under one of the wheels by running over his legs? I still shudder at the memory of that scene to this day!

Comment

Sorry about the double post....

My laptop went crazy for a momentll!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            Sorry about the double post....

My laptop went crazy for a momentll!!
            Not to be mean, but can always delete one of the posts.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by theFifthRace View Post
              NOTE: Don't forget my friend's - Shiny new Trek Quiz manana. I added a new feature to a couple of the fill-in questions where all parts of the question pertain to a hand picked character of my choosing. It may be just about a characters involvement in a single episode or a characters involvement in a particular movie. If you guys like it I can expand off of it and make one question have 8 or 9 parts instead of the 3 or 4 like I use now.
              Sweet, I will be there.
              Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              I remember bits of that movie, especially how they kept the tension going non stop, I really felt I was sweating with those guys as they drove those trucks that could explode any minute! Wasn't that the movie with the scene where they get stuck in a large muddy puddle, the truck slips back and traps one of the guys trying to put some form of traction under one of the wheels by running over his legs? I still shudder at the memory of that scene to this day!
              That's the one Kris. The whole movie (musical score as well) is very tense, even the beginning before they start the long trip through the jungle driving nitroglycerin over rough roads is intense. He's a guy on the run from the NY Mafia hiding out in a South American jungle town, so he has nothing to lose and takes the job on with 3 other desperate men. The original French version Le Salaire de la peur (The Wages of Fear) with Yves Montand as the star is as good as film making gets. When it premiered in United States in the 1950's, it was immediately pulled from all theaters until they cut out a lot of erotic scenes (including a small amount of nudity). At least you can get the original Directors un-cut version on DVD today.
              The USS Defiant Rocks!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Not to be mean, but can always delete one of the posts.
                I wondered that, I have my dim moments, no hope for me sometimes!

It has been done!

Comment

Star Trek Quiz - lucky #13 This is also my 3,000th post. This Quiz has a Medium Diffculty Level. - With questions about TNG, VOY, ENT, DS9 and even a Trek movie question or two. I am adding character specific question to our fill-in section (all the questions will pertain to said character). I am also adding episode specific questions (where all the questions on one of the fill-in's will pertain to said episode). The last 6 questions are fill-in's, some are 2 and 3 parters - the 2 parters are worth 2 points and the 3 parters are worth 3 points. A perfect score is 33/33 (Biggest one yet)

Rules: NO Internet searches ... Be honest and have fun ... NO commenting on someones elses answers ... Some answers have multiple choice and some answers are fill-in's ... Leave your answers in a reply with a spoiler tag (hidden) ... I will post up results Tuesday night or Wednesday afternoon to give some of our brethren an extra day to take the quiz. Good Luck

NOTE: When filling out your answers in your reply, please just put A, B, C or D next to the number of the question (example 1)A 2)B 3)C 4)D) without "quoting" the quiz. (Same for the Fill-in's). Most of you do it this way anyway. This makes it a lot easier for me when I am grading the Quizzes, and I would greatly appreciate it.

1)- In the last VOY episode "End Game", who helped Voyager by providing the crew with information about transphasic torpedoes and such, with the intent to bring the ship home?
                  A)Reginald Barclay B)Admiral Paris C)The Borg Queen D)Future Kathryn Janeway

2)- Who was behind the untimely death of Gul Dukat's daughter, Tora Ziyal?
                  A)Dukat B)Damar C)Garak D)Female Changeling

3)- Why does Ensign Ro Laren prefer to be addressed as Ensign Ro instead of Ensign Laren?
                  A)Because it makes her stand out B)Because it sounds better C)Because it is an ancient Bajoran tradition D)Because she doesn't like her last name

4)- Captain Jonathan Archer has lived in one American city for most of his life. Which is it?
                  A)Chicago, IL B)Broken Bow, OK C)San Francisco, CA D)Houston, TX

5)- The changelings gave Odo the impression someone powerful was an undercover changeling in the DS9 episode 'Broken Link'. Who was it?
                  A)Gowron B)Federation President C)Martok D)Bashir

6)- How far away did the Caretaker array throw Voyager in the series premiere?
                  A)60,000 light years B)80,000 light years C)70,000 light years D)90,000 light years

7)- In the TNG episode "Gambit", Captain Picard becomes a member of a mercenary crew in search of an ancient weapon. What species did this ancient weapon belong to?
                  A)Vulcans B)Breen C)Romulans D)Cardassians

8)- Several references on ENT are made to the fact that Ensign Travis Mayweather grew up not on a planet, but in space, aboard a variety of cargo ships. What is the nickname given to a person with this type of life experience?
                  A)'Jumper' B)'Boomer' C)'Floater' D)'Drifter'

9)- Where did Sisko first meet Jennifer, his future wife, and mother of Jake?
                  A)Aboard a Starship B)Starfleet Academy C)The Beach D)New Orleans

10)- What condition does B'Elanna's unborn child have?
                  A)Extended forehead ridges B)A curvature of the spine C)A fourth lung D)A defective heart

11)- In the TNG episode "Q-Pid", what does Troi accidentally shoot with an arrow?
                  A)A horse B)Worf's leg C)The Ground D)Data's chest

12)- T'Pol only spoke in her native Vulcan language one time during ENT, what does T'Pol most likely say when responding to Hoshi?
                  A)'Thank you.' B)'You're welcome.' C)'A mistake.' D)'Utterly illogical.'

13)- In the very good VOY episode "The 37s" who did the crew of Voyager find?
                  A)Queen Elizabeth I B)Capain Kirk C)Amelia Earhart D)Shakespeare

14)- Who recruited a 12 year old Kira into the Bajoran Resistance?
                  A)Vedek Bareil B)Shakaar Edon C)Lorit Akrem D)Lupaza

15)- What do Denobulans consider a "complete waste of time" as Dr. Phlox told Trip in the ENT episode "Fight or Flight"? ______

16)- Jadzia is host number? ______ What very big secret did Jadzia find out about that the Trill commision was hiding from all Trill host's for centuries? _______ Whose quarters did Jadzia break into and change the furniture around? ______

17)- There are 2 rather unique things about Wesley Crusher's very brief appearance in the beginning of the Trek movie "Nemesis". What are they? ______ ______ Also in "Nemesis" Data sings a song at Riker and Troi's wedding reception. What was the name of the song? (Data's brother B4 sings the same song at the end of the movie) ______ Who wrote it? (Worf hates the artist) ______

18)- What instrument does Riker play? _______ What is Riker's fathers name? _______ Where is Riker from? ______ What is Rikers middle name? ______ What was Riker's rank in his graduating class at Starfleet? _______

19)- How old is T'Pol? (she only mentioned it once) ______ Whom did she tell her age to? ______

20)- In the great DS9 episode "Explorers" what big news did Jake spring on his father during there solar sail trip? _______ What modern day rapper did Jake and Ben pay homage to during there solar sail trip? _______ What did Ben and Jake's solar sail trip prove when they made it to Cardassian space? _______ How were they greeted by DuKat and the Cardassians? _______
                  Last edited by the Fifth Race; 10 March 2008, 09:21 AM.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                  Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

This quiz wasn't too bad.

Spoiler:

1.d
                    2.b
                    3.c
                    4.c
                    5.a (but it was really martok!)
                    6.c
                    7.a
                    8.b
                    9.c
                    10.b
                    11.d
                    12.d
                    13.c
                    14.b
                    15.sleep
                    16.6, just about every trill can become a host, worf's
                    17. he doesn't whine, and he is a traveler.blue skies?, irving berlin (and shame on worf!)
                    18.Saxaphone,kyle , alaska, thomas, 8th
                    19.66, trip
                    20.he wasn't going to starfleet acadamy he wanted to be a writer,??, that the bajorans went there first,with weapons drawn

ok watch me have my worst score ever!

Comment

Spoiler:

1) D
                      2) B
                      3) C (I wouldn't call it a tradition though, but rather "the way it is" (having the family name first))
                      4) A
                      5) A (haven't we had this question before?)
                      6) C
                      7) C
                      8) C
                      9) C
                      10) B
                      11) C
                      12) C
                      13) C
                      14) B
                      15) _____
                      16) 7, That many more thrills are "viable for joining" than they officially admit, Odo's?
                      17) _____ _____, _____, _____
                      18) Flute?, _____, _____, Thomas. _____
                      19) _____, _____
                      20) He wanted to be a writer rather than a starfleet officer, _____, That Bajorans had developed interstellar travel before the Cardassians (coincidentally the Cardassians found an old solar sail ship that very same day which proved that ), Fireworks

Fill-ins killed me as usual. Fun quiz though

*edit* Typos.
                      Last edited by ./freelancer; 10 March 2008, 01:46 PM.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                      The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Spoiler:

1) D
                        2) B (though, ultimately, Dukat himself was responsible)
                        3) C
                        4) C
                        5) A
                        6) C
                        7) A
                        8) B
                        9) C
                        10) A
                        11) D
                        12) A
                        13) C
                        14) D
                        15) Sleep
                        16) 7; That over half the population was compatible with Symbiodes; Odo
                        17) _________, _________; __________; __________
                        18) Saxophone; ___________; (Canada! Heh, no) Alaska; Thomas ; Second
                        19) 67; Archer
                        20)That he is going to writer's school on Earth; ______________;That Bajorans had been to Cardassia in the distant past; With fireworks.
                        Last edited by gopher65; 10 March 2008, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          1. D
                          2. B
                          3. C
                          4. C
                          5. A
                          6. C
                          7. A
                          8. C
                          9. C
                          10. B
                          11. D
                          12. D
                          13. C
                          14. C
                          15. ??
                          16. 8 / all Trill's can have a host / Odo
                          17. ?? / ?? / ?? / Irving Berlin
                          18. Trombone / ?? / Canada / Thomas / ??
                          19. 50 years old / Trip
                          20. He was'nt going to Starfleet / ?? / Bajorans did it a 1,000 years before the Cardassians / Fireworks and a celebration
                          Great quiz as usual!. Brother ./freelancer said it best "these quizzes are fun!".

Comment

Spoiler:
                            1. D
                            2. B
                            3. C
                            4. C
                            5. A (Well Odo thought it was Gowron but it ended up being Martok)
                            6. C
                            7. A
                            8. C
                            9. C
                            10. B
                            11. D
                            12. D
                            13. C
                            14. B
                            15. Sleep
                            16. 8, ?, ?
                            17. Hes in his 20s and hes wearing a Starfleet uniform, Blue Skies, ?
                            18. The trombone, Kyle, Alaska, Tom, ?
                            19. ?, ?
                            20. That Jake was gonna become a writer, ?, Bajorans had insterstellar travel capabilities for a long time, fireworks

That wasn't so bad
                            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Well, this is my first try. Not too bad, though I really don't know Enterprise very well.

Spoiler:
                              1) D
                              2) B
                              3) C
                              4) C
                              5) A
                              6) C
                              7) A
                              8) B
                              9) C
                              10) D
                              11) A
                              12) D
                              13) C
                              14) B
                              15) Sleep
                              16) 7; Over half the population of Trill can actually be joined; Odo
                              17)- He's wearing a uniform and isn't a Traveler;Blue Skies; Irving Berlin
                              18)- Saxaphone; Kyle; Alaska; Thomas; 7th
                              19)- 67; Archer
                              20)- He didn't want to go to Starfleet; ?; That the Bajorans could have made it to the Cardassian system much before the Cardassians had interstellar travel; They were rescued and told that what the'd just discovered had been found by the Cardassians when the found ruins of a sailship.

Comment

Spoiler:

1.D
                                2.B
                                3.C
                                4.C
                                5.A
                                6.C
                                7.C
                                8.B
                                9.C
                                10A
                                11.D
                                12.C
                                13.C
                                14.B
                                15)??
                                16.8, more Trill are able to be joined than symbiotes available, Odo
                                17.only seen that movie once, so don't know
                                18)trombone,???,???, Thomas,???
                                19)207, Archer
                                20)He wants to be a writer,???, the Bajorans reached Cardassia in their space sailing ships, formally welcomed and Cardassia announced finding archeological remains proving the ancient Bajorans reached their planet

Tough quiz, but fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X