Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
    I watched the entire run of Voyager last year. That will hold me for awhile.
    you did? nah just kidding

I think I will try Farscape. So many different people on GW have recommended it, or are fans. I want to see those puppets everyone keeps talking about.
    oh those puppets especially one is awesome you'll see

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Those are fighting words. I have no idea what you mean with tournament.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=5442
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think I will try Farscape. So many different people on GW have recommended it, or are fans. I want to see those puppets everyone keeps talking about.
      Yes! Do it! It's an awesome show, and I love it. Beats SG-1 any day imo. Like brother Jumper said though, it's a very different show. Just don't give up if you find the first season a bit...odd. Trust me, after season 4 and Peacekeeper Wars you'll wish there were 10 more seasons

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
      The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
        Yes! Do it! It's an awesome show, and I love it. Beats SG-1 any day imo. Like brother Jumper said though, it's a very different show. Just don't give up if you find the first season a bit...odd. Trust me, after season 4 and Peacekeeper Wars you'll wish there were 10 more seasons
        Blasphemy.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Blasphemy.
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

But SG-1 is a very close second!

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
              I have been thinking about doing (in the near future) a specifically dedicated Trek Quiz that only has questions about what ever Trek movie might be chosen to view, First Contact would be a good start. What do you all think?.

I have also thought about doing a similar Trek Quiz where I pick a small group of episodes (maybe 3 or 4) from let's say season 5 of DS9 and have all the questions pertain to only those episodes.
              The limitations some or most of you might have that do not have access to most or even some of the Trek Library make this kind of dedicated Quiz a dicey proposition. I think it would probably work better for a Trek movie.
              I like this idea. I bought the full set of the movies quite recently so I'm ok there with the quiz for the movies. All I need to do then is to actually remember the sorts of things that you will be picking out with your expert quizmaster's eye!!

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
              Has anyone else pre-ordered (or plans to rent) the new Stargate movie The Ark of Truth that is coming out on DVD next week?. I'm looking forward to it, especially since I have avoided all spoilers about it.
              I’m off to my local store that has been very good for all things Stargate, they always have the season sets on the shelf, so hopefully there aren’t too many Stargate fans in Maple Ridge and it will be on the shelf when I get there. If not I’ll have to brave the construction mess that is the Pitt River bridge at the moment into Coquitlam which is the town next to us and has a bigger Mall with Future Shop or HMV. I will brave anything, even the traffic to get hold of a copy of AoT!! LOL! A friend is looking forward to seeing it too and he has a home cinema system with a huge pull down screen so I’m going to take it round there and enjoy watching it on a large screen. Of course I may not be able to resist watching it before I get a chance to arrange the viewing round at his house!!

I’ve managed to avoid spoilers too thankfully so I’m really looking forward to this!

Sweet!, I pre-ordered it online along with Rob & Big's DVD Box Set (yes, I am a fan of Rob & Big). So I probably won't probably won't get my copy of The Ark of Truth until Friday next week.
              This type of thing has happened to me as well Trek_Girl. I was on a thread about Atlantis and got tipped off to how Stargate season 9 ended. Ever since then I have been very careful about what I read on certain threads.
              The Internet was just starting to get huge when DS9 first aired. By the time DS9 ended in 1999 there were literally hundreds if not thousands of Trek fan sites.

I was actually one of the few who was writing spoilers for upcoming DS9 and VOY episodes. Let me explain ..... My father was a big electronics nerd (like myself) and we had one of those big Satelite Dishes (not like the mini-dishes they have today) all through the 1980's and 1990's. They used to have what they called "Back-Haul satelites and channels" where you could actually search through all these obscure satelites and pirate up-links that networks were downloading to there affiliates. So I would get a block of let's say 4 or 5 TNG, DS9 and VOY episodes weeks in advance of when they would be aired nationally. Talk about cool!, I had access to programming that NO one else had. I remember brother Fifth Race and Starbase used wait anxiously to borrow Video Tapes I made of those episodes.
              That is really fascinating. I remember those dishes, the size of a house LOL! Hope it wasn’t like that one in ‘Stay Tuned’ that sucked people into the crazy world of TV, literally! I loved that movie!!

I remember reading the spoilers for DS9 on occasion in SFX a British Sci Fi magazine but they never really gave away major plot spoilers like what goes on now online. It seems not being such an avid watcher of SGA as I was with SG-1 has paid off since I very rarely visit any SGA thread so spared the spoilerage! This means I also have season 4 of SGA to enjoy when the DVD comes out with hardly anything spoiled.

Go for it, it is an amazing show. Very different.

Comment

My Top Sci-Fi
                #1: Trek
                #2: Stargate
                #3: The Pretender
                #4: Twin Peaks
                #5: X-Files
                #6: Battlestar
                #7: Justice Legue
                #8: Ghostbusters
                #9: Blade
                #10: Ghosthunters

Comment

I love that idea brother Fifth, especially with the Trek movies.

Has anyone else pre-ordered (or plans to rent) the new Stargate movie The Ark of Truth that is coming out on DVD next week?. I'm looking forward to it, especially since I have avoided all spoilers about it.

Yep i am eagerly awaiting the ark of truth. I am a huge SG1 and SGA fan! I love both shows and those are the DVD sets I buy (trek is still a bit too pricey for me!) I have all of SG1 and the available ones of SGA. I admit I am a spoiler addict though! I see
                  Spoiler:
                  the spoiler tags and I have to read them!

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  WOW that must've been awesome!!!!!!!!

IDK if any of you check out the Farscape section but Celsius has a neat little tournament going over there. basically everybody votes for their favorite eps from each season. why am I telling you this? well I thought it's a cool game and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in voting for our favorite eps from every season of DS9?
                  sounds fun, IF i can remember which episode is which.

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  Wow! I have no idea who Geraldo Rivera is, but that's horrible. You'd think people would pick up the sense not to do stupid things when there's a camera about, even if you think no one's watching.....

But pretty sweet to see what goes on behind the scenes.
                  many a politician has learned to be more aware in his time! I still laugh at the youtube vid with John Edwards coming his hair to I feel pretty! (anyone but me remember Reagan and the "open mic"? atleast he had a sense of humor! )

He's a investigator journalist who rose to National (American) popularity in 1980's. He does good work and is always interesting, but he is also a pompous jerk.

I would literally spend hours searching and watching this kind of Raw Satelite Feeds and being fascinated the whole time. I wish I would have saved some of the Video tapes I made, a lot of them would be hugely popular on YouTube today.
                  I too love to people watch, my hubby and I will go to a mall, sit on a bench and just watch the people who pass us. it can be a lot of fun. (psych major here )

Comment

I know the feeling Race80. The only Trek, I can watch these days is Voyager. *mutters*Stupid Spike and their 2 am showing*mutters* If we do this, I'll be visiting, Memory Alpha a lot.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I know the feeling Race80. The only Trek, I can watch these days is Voyager. *mutters*Stupid Spike and their 2 am showing*mutters* If we do this, I'll be visiting, Memory Alpha a lot.
                      Yeah me too. I enjoy voyager on spike when I can get to it! yesterday they showed one of my favorite voyager epsiodes- The raven. I always enjoyed the first few epsiodes with seven as she is learning to be human again.
                      I always seem to forget to tape DS9 and honestly even if I do tape it, I don't have time to watch more than one or two eps a week. maybe this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                        I admit I am a spoiler addict though! I see the spoiler tags and I have to read them!
                        LOLOL, I know exactly what you mean. I try to avoid spoilers most of the time. But sometimes I see that spoiler tag and I swear it's calling to me to open it up an read it.
                        Originally posted by Rac80
                        I too love to people watch, my hubby and I will go to a mall, sit on a bench and just watch the people who pass us. it can be a lot of fun. (psych major here )
                        I'm with you Lady Rac. I also enjoy to people watch, fortunately both my jobs (running my family seafood business and weight training clients at Gold's gym) both lend themselves to some great people watching. Although my current girlfriend tends to get rather jealous when she sees my eyes wandering. I think it's human nature with our natural born curiosity, people watching just comes natural.
                        Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        I like this idea. I bought the full set of the movies quite recently so I'm ok there with the quiz for the movies. All I need to do then is to actually remember the sorts of things that you will be picking out with your expert quizmaster's eye!!
                        I like brother Jumper One's idea of doing some kind of favorite episode tournament. I also like the idea of doing a Trek movie dedicated quiz. I would give ample warning (a couple weeks in advance) to give people a chance to get a copy of the picked movie and view it. Maybe we will do these both in the near future.
                        Originally posted by Krisz
                        That is really fascinating. I remember those dishes, the size of a house LOL! Hope it wasn’t like that one in ‘Stay Tuned’ that sucked people into the crazy world of TV, literally! I loved that movie!!
                        LOL, my dad bought one those dishes as well. I think our Dish was like 14' and it would move (motorized servos) when you change satellites, unlike the mini-dishes today. I was semi-worried that the CIA was going to show up at our door because the damn thing was so big. I think he payed about $20,000 to set the whole thing up. Brother USS Defiant taught us how to find all these back-haul broadcasts and raw feeds, it was like a voyeur's dream. I also remember there were probably 12 or so XXX rated (totally uncensored) satellite stations that had a genre to suit every ones, and I do mean every-one's taste (so to speak). You could also tune in Networks (large and small) on the East Coast or Mid-West so you could watch all your favorite shows 2 or 3 hours earlier than where I lived (West Coast), very cool. Large Satellites were the fist to use an on-screen menu because the weekly guide book was like a fricking novel. There were probably 600 or more channels available (not counting raw feeds or back-hauls).
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                          LOLOL, I know exactly what you mean. I try to avoid spoilers most of the time. But sometimes I see that spoiler tag and I swear it's calling to me to open it up an read it.

I'm with you Lady Rac. I also enjoy to people watch, fortunately both my jobs (running my family seafood business and weight training clients at Gold's gym) both lend themselves to some great people watching. Although my current girlfriend tends to get rather jealous when she sees my eyes wandering. I think it's human nature with our natural born curiosity, people watching just comes natural.
                          I like brother Jumper One's idea of doing some kind of favorite episode tournament. I also like the idea of doing a Trek movie dedicated quiz. I would give ample warning (a couple weeks in advance) to give people a chance to get a copy of the picked movie and view it. Maybe we will do these both in the near future.
                          LOL, my dad bought one those dishes as well. I think our Dish was like 14' and it would move (motorized servos) when you change satellites, unlike the mini-dishes today. I was semi-worried that the CIA was going to show up at our door because the damn thing was so big. I think he payed about $20,000 to set the whole thing up. Brother USS Defiant taught us how to find all these back-haul broadcasts and raw feeds, it was like a voyeur's dream. I also remember there were probably 12 or so XXX rated (totally uncensored) satellite stations that had a genre to suit every ones, and I do mean every-one's taste (so to speak). You could also tune in Networks (large and small) on the East Coast or Mid-West so you could watch all your favorite shows 2 or 3 hours earlier than where I lived (West Coast), very cool. Large Satellites were the fist to use an on-screen menu because the weekly guide book was like a fricking novel. There were probably 600 or more channels available (not counting raw feeds or back-hauls).
                          keep me posted on the movie quizzes, my hubby likes an excuse to get me to watch TNG movies . It will serve two purposes and make him smile. It is amazing to me how much TNG I picked up keeping him company while he watched them. Usually i read or did a craft while he watched, but some sunk in.

I am sure you people watch only for "human interest" not "purient interest", gently exxplain that to her and she should understand!

Comment

I admit I am a spoiler addict though! I see
                            Spoiler:
                            LOL, I couldn't help myself

Comment

Yep i am eagerly awaiting the ark of truth. I am a huge SG1 and SGA fan! I love both shows and those are the DVD sets I buy (trek is still a bit too pricey for me!) I have all of SG1 and the available ones of SGA. I admit I am a spoiler addict though! I see
                              Spoiler:
                              I love my Stargate DVDs- especially my SGA ones these days. Though I'm still missing SG-1 seasons 5, 7, and 8. They are sooo much cheaper than Trek- we manages to get seasons 1-3 for $18 each! Can't believe tonight is the SGA season finale already- it feels like the season only just started- but at least we move right onto Ark of Truth next week!

Comment

You think the Trek boxes are expensive? Try getting a hold of the Farscape Starburst edition season one DVDs. Volume 1 (which includes seven episodes) costs $130 on amazon.com!!

Comment

Working...
                                X