Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Can't believe tonight is the SGA season finale already- it feels like the season only just started- but at least we move right onto Ark of Truth next week!
    Me to. I have'nt watched a single Atlantis episode for the last 10 weeks. I have them all recorded on my Tivo and plan to start watching them tomorrow. I have read a few spoliers including that Ronan and the new Dr. have the hots for each other. Teyla's people are missing or some thing like that. And Teal'c teaches Ronan a lesson or two.
    Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
    You think the Trek boxes are expensive? Try getting a hold of the Farscape Starburst edition season one DVDs. Volume 1 (which includes seven episodes) costs $130 on amazon.com!!
    What the heck. I thought the Starburst collection was made to bring the cost of buying Farscape on DVD down. What the heck is the Starburst collection?. I own all seasons of Farscape in the original DVD Box Sets (including the Peacekeeper Wars) which I bought years ago. Those cost me about $85 each.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

You think the Trek boxes are expensive? Try getting a hold of the Farscape Starburst edition season one DVDs. Volume 1 (which includes seven episodes) costs $130 on amazon.com!!
      Yeah, but that's because it's out of print, so of course the prices of the few sets left are going to inflate.

Fifth, regarding that Ronon/Keller thing (not really a spoiler)
      Spoiler:
      They seem to have completely forgotten that episode ever happened, because there hasn't been a hint of it since.

Comment

Yeah, but that's because it's out of print, so of course the prices of the few sets left are going to inflate.
        Yes, I realize that (all Sony's fault ), but $130? That's ridiculous!

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
        The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

The Trek DVDs are expensive, seemingly more expensive than other DVD sets. The only TV shows I've shelled out the money for on DVD are SGA seasons 1-3, Firefly, and Earth 2 (anyone else like that--it was on NBC for only one season). DS9 all 7 seasons is on my wish list.

Which is why I really love Netflix. You can rent quite a few DVDs per month for a reasonable price. So when we get ready to do the episode specific quizzes, I can rent the appropriate disc.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
            The Trek DVDs are expensive, seemingly more expensive than other DVD sets. The only TV shows I've shelled out the money for on DVD are SGA seasons 1-3, Firefly, and Earth 2 (anyone else like that--it was on NBC for only one season). DS9 all 7 seasons is on my wish list.

Which is why I really love Netflix. You can rent quite a few DVDs per month for a reasonable price. So when we get ready to do the episode specific quizzes, I can rent the appropriate disc.
            Pricey indeed, I've got all of BSG, Buffy box set, Angel (missing season four!), Firefly, most of SG-1/all of SGA, a couple of Trek fan collectives and I paid $100 for one season of Doctor Who which was the ultimate treat to myself and I probably won't do again because that's just a lot of money for one set when you're a student in my financial situation.

I'll buy BSG S3 and then my DVD shopping is going to grind to a halt for awhile.

Never seen Earth 2.

Comment

I love my Stargate DVDs- especially my SGA ones these days. Though I'm still missing SG-1 seasons 5, 7, and 8. They are sooo much cheaper than Trek- we manages to get seasons 1-3 for $18 each! Can't believe tonight is the SGA season finale already- it feels like the season only just started- but at least we move right onto Ark of Truth next week!
              We have the Orginal BSG... with the cylon-head boxtop! this is the series from 1978 ish. Got that a number of years ago when my hubby had to have foot surgery (as his podiatrist says...he isn't built right ) and he was laid up for 6 weeks. Yeah I too am very cheap and when I see a good deal on dvds at sam's or costco that is when I grab them. Recently grabbed each SGA season for under $30 a piece and am eagerly waiting for the ark of truth!
              I am eagerly awaiting the season finale tonight - I have taped all the eps this season to hold me over until the dvds come out. (learned my lesson there!) Although my dvd player decided to stop working this afternoon, luckily we have two in the house so it is no crisis! dunno what is up with the electronics maybe I am cursed!

Comment

Yeah Doctor who... crazy! I've wanted to get Farscape for a long time now, but last time I checked they were 120 dollars here. That's a bit too much for me. Even Enterprise wasn't that much when I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                  We have the Orginal BSG... with the cylon-head boxtop! this is the series from 1978 ish. Got that a number of years ago when my hubby had to have foot surgery (as his podiatrist says...he isn't built right ) and he was laid up for 6 weeks. Yeah I too am very cheap and when I see a good deal on dvds at sam's or costco that is when I grab them. Recently grabbed each SGA season for under $30 a piece and am eagerly waiting for the ark of truth!
                  I am eagerly awaiting the season finale tonight - I have taped all the eps this season to hold me over until the dvds come out. (learned my lesson there!) Although my dvd player decided to stop working this afternoon, luckily we have two in the house so it is no crisis! dunno what is up with the electronics maybe I am cursed!
                  That cylon head is funny, I couldn't imagine how to store that thing with the rest of a DVD collection. I've bought pretty much all of my sets on sale too- all of my Angel's were under $30, same with most of my Stargates, and I got a fantastic deal on Buffy- most stuff can be got for pretty good deals if you're patient, to build up a nice little collection. Costco is definitely the place to go, I hope some time they do get DS9 in (I notice they have the sets online but not at any spectacular price), when I actually have money.

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                  Yeah Doctor who... crazy! I've wanted to get Farscape for a long time now, but last time I checked they were 120 dollars here. That's a bit too much for me. Even Enterprise wasn't that much when I bought it.
                  I know what you mean about Farscape- as much as I'd love them, I have to stick with borrowing from the library which is missing (and not likely to acquire) the last ten eps of S4, so I haven't seen those yet. And sadly the price of Doctor won't likely go down any time soon, it seems a huge factor in those is the use of licensed music in the show and the Doctor Who confidential segments- add in the fact that BBC stuff tends to be more expensive anyway.....I'd love some Red Dwarf as well, but $45-50 for six half hour episodes! The price of Enterprise is ridiculous- I've never seen any of the sets for under $110- Paramount must make an absolute fortune off these DVDs at that price.

Comment

I really want Farscape on DVD (and I will, eventually), but I do want the Starburst editions. So I'm waiting for the right time. Something that I really regret is turning down someones offer to sell me the entire series on Starburst + PKW for $200 about 6 months ago. What the hell was I thinking?!

Comment

FYI here's the link to the season 1 tournament thread
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=52480FYI
                      Last edited by Jumper_One; 07 March 2008, 05:42 PM.
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Wait...what? I must be a lot more tired than I thought. I was sure you posted that tournament in this thread

Comment

Wait...what? I must be a lot more tired than I thought. I was sure you posted that tournament in this thread
                          nope
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

PC got hacked, had to re-install windows, might not be online much. Wow takes like 11 hours to install, not counting patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
                              My Top Sci-Fi
                              #1: Trek #2: Stargate #3: The Pretender #4: Twin Peaks #5: X-Files #6: Battlestar #7: Justice Legue #8: Ghostbusters #9: Blade #10: Ghosthunters
                              Great list brother Davis. I have'nt done an all-time favorite scifi franchise list in awhile so this should be painfully fun to pick and choose....

1) Star Trek ... simply the best
                              2) Stargate (Atlantis included) ... a very close second
                              3) Farscape ... silly, fun, very twisted and quite smart.
                              4) Firefly ... fell in love with this show after buying DVD box set.
                              5) Babylon 5 ... good scifi
                              6) Battle Star Galactica ... sometimes its slow moving, but always entertaining.
                              7) Lost ... truly a great show
                              8) Jeremiah ... an obscure scifi show from Showtime, rent it on DVD, it's truly fantastic!.
                              9) Hero's ... highly entertaining and moving up my list
                              10) Dr. Who (modern version) ... go Dr. go.

Honorable mentions ....Buffy the Vampire Slayer....the 4400....Surface (love this show)....X-Files....Twilight Zone....Lost in Space....Night Gallery (creepiest show ever!)....Dead Zone....V.
                              I'm sure I forgot a few.
                              NOTE: I have a shiny new Trek Quiz all set for Monday morning.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Okay, I'll do a list too. I'm not sure on the order since it tends to change a lot. Here is the current order.

Favorite Science Fiction/Fantasy Franchises'
                                1. Star Wars
                                2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel the Series
                                3. Star Trek DS9/Voyager
                                4. Harry Potter
                                5. Stargate SG1/Atlantis
                                6. Superman (especially Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman)
                                7. Battlestar Galactica
                                8. Firefly
                                9. New Amsterdam (there have only been 2 episodes, but I'm already hooked)
                                10. X-Files

Comment

Working...
                                X