No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. I'm back from a week of R & R where my wife and I did some skiing at Heavenly Valley by day and gambling at South Shore at Lake Tahoe. We had a great time and I feel refreshed and alive again (although it's nice be home). Sorry I missed the latest Quiz. I browsed over it and liked the new dedicated question brother Fifth added. I won't miss next weeks.

NOTE: This thread is becoming quite epic. We are all over google and other search engines when questions are asked about DS9 and other scifi related topics.
    The USS Defiant Rocks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
      lol it was all those years keeping my better half company while HE watched TNG (and I heckled it! ) It's amazing how much stuck! (well the riker stuff was a natural... i crushed on him! )
      We all know you are a closet TNG fan Lady Rachelle. In all seriousness - I have probably seen every episode of TOS, TNG, VOY & ENT maybe a half dozen times each, (some episodes a lot more). I have probably seen every DS9 episode (seasons 1-4 a dozen or more times), while watching (season's 5-7 even more times). I find the TNG episodes the most unwatchable. I get utterly bored and find myself reaching for my DS9, VOY or ENT DVD Box Sets instead.
      Originally posted by Rac80
      Wesley Crusher and Rodney Mckay have to be the two whiniest characters in scifi! (although Gaius Baltar comes close!)
      NO one is more whinier than Rodney McKay!, I swear I want to put my foot down his throat some times. Gauis Baltar and Wesley are also very whiny, good calls Lady Rac.

Some other rather whiny and annoying scifi characters off the top of my head are (some I like and some I hate) ....

Rigel from Farscape ... Q from TNG ... Dr. Zachary Smith from Lost in Space... Barclay from TNG ... Deanna Troi (I do like her) from TNG ... Neelix from VOY ... Jar Jar Binks (make me want to vomit) from Star Wars ... Donoven from V ... Ruby Rhod - Chris Tuckers character from The Fifth Element (I love this movie!) ... Cole from Charmed ... Dawn Summers (Buffy's little sister) from Buffy the Vampire Slayer ... Kinsey from Stargate ... I am sure there a lot more I cannot remember right now. Let's here your list my friends
      The USS Defiant Rocks!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

I know that I'm alone here. Maybe it was my age at the time... and the fact that I only saw the movie that one time, in a hotel room, on pay-per-view... and I was bored... and that I was stressed out because we were in the middle of moving to a new city (and country) halfway through the school year... But: I actually liked Jar-Jar Binks.

Comment

Annoying characters of sci-fi.....
          Wesley Crusher is the hands down err.....winner?
          Neelix.....REALLY annoying.
          Jar Jar.....okay, he can share the crown with Wesley.
          Rygel- good annoying!
          Rodney- awesome whiny/annoying!
          Troi.....just annoying.
          Dawn Summers.....annoying, but I LIKED the character. Unlike most fans it seems.
          Quark and Rom.....it grows on you until you can't help but like them for their annoyingness.
          Anakin Skywalker
          Creepy Stalker Boyfriend from Heroes
          Gaius Baltar- SuperEgo!
          Moogie- Ugh.
          Kinsey
          Harmony

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
            I know that I'm alone here. Maybe it was my age at the time... and the fact that I only saw the movie that one time, in a hotel room, on pay-per-view... and I was bored... and that I was stressed out because we were in the middle of moving to a new city (and country) halfway through the school year... But: I actually liked Jar-Jar Binks.
            Hah.....yeah, I did when I saw it at the theater as well. But I was ten and there was an obvious age gap when it came to opinions of Jar Jar- my friends and I all loved him, while our parents and teachers and older siblings.....did not. By the time Attack of the Clones came out we were on the Jar Jar bandwagon of loathing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
              We all know you are a closet TNG fan Lady Rachelle. In all seriousness - I have probably seen every episode of TOS, TNG, VOY & ENT maybe a half dozen times each, (some episodes a lot more). I have probably seen every DS9 episode (seasons 1-4 a dozen or more times), while watching (season's 5-7 even more times). I find the TNG episodes the most unwatchable. I get utterly bored and find myself reaching for my DS9, VOY or ENT DVD Box Sets instead.

NO one is more whinier than Rodney McKay!, I swear I want to put my foot down his throat some times. Gauis Baltar and Wesley are also very whiny, good calls Lady Rac.

Some other rather whiny and annoying scifi characters off the top of my head are (some I like and some I hate) ....

Rigel from Farscape ... Q from TNG ... Dr. Zachary Smith from Lost in Space... Barclay from TNG ... Deanna Troi (I do like her) from TNG ... Neelix from VOY ... Jar Jar Binks (make me want to vomit) from Star Wars ... Donoven from V ... Ruby Rhod - Chris Tuckers character from The Fifth Element (I love this movie!) ... Cole from Charmed ... Dawn Summers (Buffy's little sister) from Buffy the Vampire Slayer ... Kinsey from Stargate ... I am sure there a lot more I cannot remember right now. Let's here your list my friends
              The Whiner winners list for scifi....
              #1 (tie) wesley crusher and Rodney mckay... wesley has the whiney tone down perfect, BUT he is a kid and that is (sort of) natural, on the other hand Rodney is a jacka$$ as well as a whiner so it is a tie!
              #2 goes to Luke skywalker in the original star wars... OMG could he (and did he!) ever whine!
              Not for lack of trying #3 goes to the sweet and lovely Robin Maxwell of V... her voice could shatter glass I swear!
              #4 is a four way tie-- all from Trek... Troi, Neelix, Rom, and Beverly Crusher (we see where wesley got it from!)
              Yes my list is short, mainly because I have "zero whine tolerance" (ask my daughter: whining was guaranteed to get her sent to her room ) and I usually stopped watching a show when the whining got to me. As it is on Atlantis, I tape the ep. and fast forward through most mckay scenes!
              OT:
              Spoiler:
              it took years and YEARS to break my hubby of whining, ok just six years and one sweet kid! Our daughter (who was 5 at the time) asked me one day why daddy could whine and she couldn't ... with her dad standing there. I calmly replied that she had been raised better than her daddy had been. That stopped the whining immediately! He was a youngest kid and a real whiner at times! out of the mouths of babes!

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
              I liked jarjar too. he was a little annyoing, but I liked him.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                Annoying characters of sci-fi.....
                Wesley Crusher is the hands down err.....winner?
                Neelix.....REALLY annoying.
                Jar Jar.....okay, he can share the crown with Wesley.
                Rygel- good annoying!
                Rodney- awesome whiny/annoying!
                Troi.....just annoying.
                Dawn Summers.....annoying, but I LIKED the character. Unlike most fans it seems.
                Quark and Rom.....it grows on you until you can't help but like them for their annoyingness.
                Anakin Skywalker
                Creepy Stalker Boyfriend from Heroes
                Gaius Baltar- SuperEgo!
                Moogie- Ugh.
                Kinsey
                Harmony
                You forgot Vorik.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
                  You forgot Vorik.
                  Who is Vorik?

Comment

Who is Vorik?
                    lol if that was a joke, if it wasn't, VGR: Blood Fever.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
                      lol if that was a joke, if it wasn't, VGR: Blood Fever.
                      No joke. I have no idea who Vorik and I don't know what episode Blood Fever is either. Must be an extremely forgettable annoying character.

Comment

Great picks everyone .... I agree with all of them. Off the top of my head and in no particular order (except for my first 3 picks) ....

1)
                        Grand Nagus Zek (I would rather watch and listen to someone scratch there finger nails on a chalk board than listen to his voice).
                        2)Rodney McKay (I love Rodney but my God, shut the hell up!)
                        3)Half the cast of Babylon 5 (I loved the show, but there has never been a more whiney and annoying cast in all of scifi!)

The rest in no particular order .... Neelix (I have a love/hate relationship with the Neelix character) .... Kes (most forgettable scifi character of all time) Jar Jar (OMG annoying!) .... Dr. Zachary Smith (Great call brother USS Defiant) .... Rudy Rhod from Fifth Element (LOL, another great call brother USS Defiant) .... Kinsey (I hated that guy!) .... Rygel (brilliant and annoying all in one) .... Dawn Summers (I too, liked the Dawn character) .... Baltar (especially the first 2 seasons) .... Damar (until he changed to a good guy) ....
                        Q (I love the Q character but he was annoying) .... Chakotay (more annoying than whiney, fricking meathead) .... Dr. Pulaski (if I was Data I would have told her to go to hell!) .... Dr. McCoy aka Bone's (I loved the character and the actor, but he was always annoying) .... Geordi (there is is just something about him that bugged me) .... Gollum (most annoying CGI character ever) .... That's all I can think of for now
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Hey! Be nice to Rodney. He's earned the right to be whiney. To tell you the truth, I haven't really noticed him being that whiney. Other than that, my list looks pretty much like all of yours.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                          The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

No joke. I have no idea who Vorik and I don't know what episode Blood Fever is either. Must be an extremely forgettable annoying character.
                            here you go
                            Spoiler:

Vorik was a young Vulcan engineer in Starfleet who served aboard Voyager
                            http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Blood_Fever
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
                              Hey! Be nice to Rodney. He's earned the right to be whiney. To tell you the truth, I haven't really noticed him being that whiney. Other than that, my list looks pretty much like all of yours.
                              other than small (under 3 years old)children, NO one has a "right " to be whiney, especiallya 40-something like rodney. i agree with fifth, he needs to shut up! I have dealt with many PhD's in my life and never ever have I run accross a "rodney", no matter how brilliant they are, thaat behavior simply wouldn't be tolerated! he needs to grow up. I liked his sister Jeanie telling him off, she has said much of what I would like to tell him!
                              (just a note... this is from the woman who convinced children at church there was an 11th commandment..."thou shalt not whine" )

Comment

While looking at Brother Fifth's list, Am I the only person who likes Kes?
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X