Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Dukat, soo I don't mind if he wins

I think DS9 might be my fav show of all time, not just of all the star treks, I even kind of enjoy the lame episodes,

I think my second fav show of all time would probably be Frasier

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    There's no such thing, Archie.
    I Was just wondering if Dr Faustroll had maybe watched it too much, that is all
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 13 June 2015, 02:18 AM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

one of my favorite DS9 moments was Sisko clobbering Q in a conjured boxing ring

"You hit me.....Picard never hit me"...."I'm not Picard"

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post

Why am I not surprised
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Why am I not surprised
          the blooper of that scene is hilarious too

"What are you gonna do...ravage me?" (he was supposed to say "thrash")...."....I might"......ROFL!

Comment

So Rare to find a show where I just love all the characters and all heroes and villains alike, Dax might be my least favourite of the show, but she is still a pretty cool character......

I even love all the relationships between the characters, just such an amazing show,

its probably my 5th re-watch of ds9, but it never grows tired , Deep Space Nine Superior but not just between all of the Star Treks, every show ever
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
              So Rare to find a show where I just love all the characters and all heroes and villains alike, Dax might be my least favourite of the show, but she is still a pretty cool character......

I even love all the relationships between the characters, just such an amazing show,

its probably my 5th re-watch of ds9, but it never grows tired , Deep Space Nine Superior but not just between all of the Star Treks, every show ever
              I think it would've been neat to have Guinan as the new bartender of DS9 after the destruction of the Enterprise-D. That way if Q had ever made another visit to DS9 just sic Guinan on him and he'd be like "aw man even with the destruction of the Enterprise I still can't get away from you"

Comment

But I liked Quark, maybe he could hire her to take over for him for when he wasn't working, or she could have been a rival to Quarks bar? idk

And DS9 did just fine without Q showing up again, but it might have been neat to see him one last time in one of the TNG movies
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Guinan doesn't really fit in with the DS9 environment for the same reason most of the characters on TNG don't work on DS9. They are not flawed.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I agree most of them just wouldn't fit in, the only one I can think of that would have worked would have been Gordi. He could have been helping out another ship get their engines back online during the war and say their engineering staff was killed or something. I can picture scenes with him and O'Brian trying to the fix the ship under time pressure or explosions. The thing about him is he could be a guest star without having the episode being about him.

Where as Picard, Data and Riker (the real one) would be the whole focus. Diana and Beverely wouldn't really have any reason to be there.
                    sigpic

Comment

Posted in another forum about Trek and the political philosophies it espouses.

There was one Ds-9 Ep that showed that the writers of Trek understood the advantages of a profit motive. One of the younger Ferengi engineers a series of trades, which feature networking, negotiation, opportunity awareness with profits all around and benefits all around. Sisko is away from the station and his desk is used to initiate all the trades. The desk is returned at the end, but not after using it to leverage the deals.

Treachery, Faith and the Great River (of Opportunity) was the name and it shows that above all IDIC is the ruling principle (Infinite Diversity Infinite Combinations).

Above all Trek teaches us to understand and embrace differences.

Deep Space Nine Rules.

Comment

that episode is one of my favorites.

Almost as good as the one that features the soulless minions of orthodoxy

Comment

And the delivery by Sisko was spot on! Best Q scene ever!

the blooper of that scene is hilarious too

"What are you gonna do...ravage me?" (he was supposed to say "thrash")...."....I might"......ROFL!

I think it would've been neat to have Guinan as the new bartender of DS9 after the destruction of the Enterprise-D. That way if Q had ever made another visit to DS9 just sic Guinan on him and he'd be like "aw man even with the destruction of the Enterprise I still can't get away from you"
                          I agree with those said Guinan wouldn't fit in. I love the fact that Whoopie Goldberg asked Roddenberry for a part in TNG.

I love the fact that DS9 is darker. I've seen it called Trek Noir on another forum. It has the smokey bar room feel from the old 40's movies. (a better setting for Picard's Dixon Hill holo-suite programs than the enterprise for sure!)

Comment

Originally posted by jazzy72 View Post
                            And the delivery by Sisko was spot on! Best Q scene ever!

I agree with those said Guinan wouldn't fit in. I love the fact that Whoopie Goldberg asked Roddenberry for a part in TNG.

I love the fact that DS9 is darker. I've seen it called Trek Noir on another forum. It has the smokey bar room feel from the old 40's movies. (a better setting for Picard's Dixon Hill holo-suite programs than the enterprise for sure!)
                            just really wish we'd found out why Q was afraid of Guinan...whether or not Guinan has any power to go toe-to-toe with Q and quite possibly win

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
                              Posted in another forum about Trek and the political philosophies it espouses.

There was one Ds-9 Ep that showed that the writers of Trek understood the advantages of a profit motive. One of the younger Ferengi engineers a series of trades, which feature networking, negotiation, opportunity awareness with profits all around and benefits all around. Sisko is away from the station and his desk is used to initiate all the trades. The desk is returned at the end, but not after using it to leverage the deals.

Treachery, Faith and the Great River (of Opportunity) was the name and it shows that above all IDIC is the ruling principle (Infinite Diversity Infinite Combinations).

Above all Trek teaches us to understand and embrace differences.

Deep Space Nine Rules.
                              I liked that episode...esp. the funny scene at the end where O'Brien and Nog are about to breathe a sigh of relief ("Ah like you say the river will provide") then Martok calls for O'Brien in a loud voice so naturally O'Brien thinks that the whole series of trades and deals was about to unravel so he says "The waters just got choppy again"

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                                I like Dukat, soo I don't mind if he wins

I think DS9 might be my fav show of all time, not just of all the star treks, I even kind of enjoy the lame episodes,

I think my second fav show of all time would probably be Frasier

I Was just wondering if Dr Faustroll had maybe watched it too much, that is all
                                one of the funniest Dukat scenes was the one where Sisko is confronting him with the bottle of poisoned kanar and Weyoun is present as well and Weyoun just starts chugging a glass of the poisoned drink and Dukat is like "Wha...?" and then after he remarks on its toxicity Dukat is like "Are you INSANE?!?!"

And then "Vorta are immune to most form of poison...comes in handy when you're a diplomat" and Sisko's rejoinder "Especially when you're working with Cardassians"

Comment

Working...
                                X