Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the finale...

Spoiler:
    Did Sisko die or ascend in the fire cave? Is that why the Prophets didn't want him to get married? How are the Pah-Wraiths stuck in that cave anyway?
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Sisko went to the Celestial Temple to be with the Prophets. He is very much alive, just no longer living a linear existence. The Prophets knew Sisko was leaving his linear world and knew if he married Kassidy, he would have to abandon his wife and unborn child. The Prophets banished the Pah'Wraiths to the Fire Caves centureis ago. They are still there because Dukat failed
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
        I've never seen B5, but I'm sure if I tried to watch it now I'd just compare it to DS9.
        There are some superficial similarities—a space station, a galactic war story—however, that's where the similarities end for me. The Dominion War and the Deep Space 9 characters are vastly different from the B5 plotlines with its multiple concurrent conflicts. The feel of the two shows is completely different too, as well as the technology involved and the mythos behind the various alien races. I would go ahead and watch B5, try not to compare the two shows, and enjoy B5 for its own merits.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          There are some superficial similarities—a space station, a galactic war story—however, that's where the similarities end for me. The Dominion War and the Deep Space 9 characters are vastly different from the B5 plotlines with its multiple concurrent conflicts. The feel of the two shows is completely different too, as well as the technology involved and the mythos behind the various alien races. I would go ahead and watch B5, try not to compare the two shows, and enjoy B5 for its own merits.
          I concur completely. B5 is a far different show to DS9. I will not say it is "better" or "worse", just that it is another worthwhile show.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Wow. Haven't posted on Gateworld in a VERY long time. Hello, Trek friends!
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I'm up to season 4 episode 7. I'm watching it as part of a self-directed "get your unfit-arse back on the bike" program, where I ride my trainer every morning before work for the duration of one episode, playing in front of me as I ride (and sweat).

I watched the show originally when it aired, and liked it. But in Australia most SciFi TV shows are always shown sporadically or out of order, so it was hard to keep up. I never saw much mast mid season 4 so I'm looking forward to the Dominion War.

I just recently watched the episode "Rejoined" - apparently the 5th televised lesbian kiss scene on television. Though canonically, they aren't lesbian at all of course, and conveniently their attraction originated when they were both in separate sex hosts. But still ... one of the first lesbian kiss scenes, first major role for a black woman, one of the first interracial kisses, ... Star Trek overall sure did some pioneering over the decades.

Comment

Deep Space Nine is so progressive. I dont think Picard would have been so open as his previous relations with Giuyna were never really revealed.
                sigpic
                Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
                "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                etc.....

Comment

Picard had previous relations with Guinan?
                  Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
                    Picard had previous relations with Guinan?
                    He did meet her for the first time in the late 19th or early 20th century during Time's Arrow
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                      He did meet her for the first time in the late 19th or early 20th century during Time's Arrow
                      But I dont recall any romance blossoming between the two its hinted that there could be but it never develops in fact Picard specifically tells her that they are just very good friends and not naything more during those episodes.
                      Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

While I never saw a romance, they almost have this special friendship that rises above that in some ways. Some kind of special bond for sure.
                        sigpic

Comment

Picard is too reserved to really have a romance for anyone so no I do not think he had a romance with Guinan
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                            While I never saw a romance, they almost have this special friendship that rises above that in some ways. Some kind of special bond for sure.
                            Their bond is unique. They've both suffered at the hands of the Borg, and they have shared experiences that are an intricate part of a temporal predestination paradox—the events in the Time's Arrow 2-parter. And then there's the experiences surrounding the Nexus. Picard definitely didn't these kinds of ties with other people.
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice to see Doctor Phlox and Keiko O'Brien in the first episode of Intelligence on CBS. Looks like we'll be seeing more of both of these characters as well!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Picard is too reserved to really have a romance for anyone so no I do not think he had a romance with Guinan
                                Well that's not true. You see him having a romance with Crusher, Vash and also that Science officer he falls for. He's not too reserved when it comes to romance, he just insists on the proper time and place.
                                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X