Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Faustroll View Post
    Avery Brooks is very awkward and unnerving on camera (the way he stares at people/the camera is just plain creepy and off putting and I dare you to say otherwise).
    *raises hand* I'll dare. I have no idea what you're talking about.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      *raises hand* I'll dare. I have no idea what you're talking about.
      Rewatch any episode, especially the early ones, he stares at people too long and his smile makes him look like an insane villain.

Comment

No one has watched more DS9 than me (except maybe brother Fifth) and Sisko does none of these things
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          No one has watched more DS9 than me (except maybe brother Fifth) and Sisko does none of these things
          Agreed, Jel. That being said, what Brooks does have is a definite level of gravitas that in some ways exceeds any of the other captains.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I think he shows more emotion than the other captains. One of my favorite DS9 episodes is In the Pale Moonlight. I don't see Picard or Janeway showing those emotions of anger or desperation like Sisko.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I think he shows more emotion than the other captains. One of my favorite DS9 episodes is In the Pale Moonlight. I don't see Picard or Janeway showing those emotions of anger or desperation like Sisko.
              Ditto. Always love the closing section of his personal log. Plus the way its delivered definitely makes use of his long experience on the stage.

Comment

I would beg to differ i've watched all of the star trek series over and over and over more times than i can remember. I've seen every ds9 episode at least 20-30 times, some episodes many times more than that and sisko does all of these things ad nosieum.

Comment

Got season five from the library, so I can do continue my re-watch.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

About ready to do my own re-watch. Well, maybe in a month or so since I am watching all the Stargate I own and am about 80% done. Amazed that this thread just keeps on trucking. It's nice to wait a few years and re-watch. I am old enough now that I forget things so a lot of it is fresh...

Comment

I would beg to differ i've watched all of the star trek series over and over and over more times than i can remember. I've seen every ds9 episode at least 20-30 times, some episodes many times more than that and sisko does all of these things ad nosieum.
                      We don't doubt that you see it Faustroll, we're just saying that the rest of us don't.

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610 View Post
                        About ready to do my own re-watch. Well, maybe in a month or so since I am watching all the Stargate I own and am about 80% done. Amazed that this thread just keeps on trucking. It's nice to wait a few years and re-watch. I am old enough now that I forget things so a lot of it is fresh...
                        It's been over a year since my last rewatch now too... might need another.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          It's been over a year since my last rewatch now too... might need another.
                          If you don't watch the great Sisko at least once a year then Dukat has already won
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Kenton-Atlantis View Post
                            Wait till you get to the fifth season and on it gets great !! I know the first 4 season are good but the show goes to another level
                            Thanks but Your mistaking me for someone who hasn't seen it right through this is my 4th complete Star Trek re-watch, DS9 Is my favourite.

and it really does get much better during seasons 4-7

if you claim to be noticing these things, and you have indeed watched ds9 that many times then maybe you have watched ds9 too much?
                            Last edited by mr_kennedy; 30 May 2015, 04:09 PM.
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                              if you claim to be noticing these things, and you have indeed watched ds9 that many times then maybe you have watched ds9 too much?
                              There's no such thing, Archie.

Comment

Rewatched DS9 again, first time in about five years. I think five years ago was when I was talking to the Fifth Race and he helped convince me that 2010 was a good year to go for it, haha.

Yep. It's still superior. jelgate's right, Dukat wins if you don't keep up.
                                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                                X