No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite DS9 character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This poll is a little unfair - out of all the Treks DS9 has done the best job of using its main, recurring and guest characters very well - they are all great in different ways!

In the end I voted with the character I can relate to on some levels, and who I would love to play myself. - Dr Bashir. Alex Siddig did an excellent job of taking this irritating know it all from Starfleet Medical the start of the series, and along with the writers, turned him into a true successor to Dr McCoy, while keeping Julian his own man. - He isn't a copy of McCoy. At first when they did the whole genetic manipulation arc I was worried, but they pulled it off brilliantly.

My runner up? Colonel Kira. For similar reasons. Great character, brilliantly written, potrayed by a powerful actress.

As for the Daxes, I missed Jadzia as well, but they got it right in bringing in Ezri played by Nicole De Boer. They gave us the oportunity to see things from Sisko's perspective. He missed Curzon, but a piece of Curzon carried on with Jadzia though Dax. Ditto for us, as bit of Jadzia has been carried to Ezri in the same way.

I hope that Trek picks up on B5 and SG1 in the DVD movie idea. - A DS9 story would be really cool.
    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
    Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

oohh this was hard.

The Characters that were the main weekly cast were hard enough to pick from, so I will bore you all now and list mine by category:

DS9 Crew cast:

My fave has to be Odo, he was grumpy, withdrawn at the beggining and really lightened up towards the end, he was mysterious and worked so well with many other characters, that said I'd have to choose Garak, who was very well acted, he was again mysterious, witty and at times when it was called from, unforgiving and appeared as cruel Cardassian one minute and a simple defector/Tailor the next.

Bady Guys:

has to be Both Dukat and Weyoun, they worked well on screen together, with their posturing, standoffish-ness and bickering.
      Dukat was complex, you could almost empathise to his side, then the next week you saw a cruel madman the next.

Weyoun was played by a great actor anyway, again he was unique, creepy, dishonst, but on the surface tried to appear genunine, which made his character seem all the more devious!

Runners up were:

Quark
      Kira
      Bashir
      Sisko

all of the others i appreciated, but don't hold with such a high esteem, they worked well, just not my favourites.

sigpic
      In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Nobody beats Quark.....
        Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Dr. Bashir (once he gets over his puppy-eagerness in season 1), Worf, Kira and Gul Dukat, in that order.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
            Nobody beats Quark.....
            except the whole DS9 cast
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Hello, I might be a minority, but I loved Odo in the beginning.
              He was sour, acerbic, and condescending with a great sarcastic bite in some of the dialogue, but I don't know...in a good way! He was one of those characters who you always knew where he stood on an issue. I thought he was so cool when I was a kid. Still watch DS9 a bunch too.

Comment

Working...
              X