This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Rosenbaum NOT Returning to Smallville

Michael Rosenbaum posted today on Twitter that good news is coming, but that a Smallville return is not in the cards.

"Sorry. It's not Smallville related. I've already stated that I'm not returning. I'd never lead you guys on like that. I appreciate your support," he wrote.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16158

Comment

Disappointed, but also glad at the same time. There was no real way to bring him back without a major retcon or some bull**** and unbelievable story. Once Lex learnt the truth, his death was the only realistic end to the character (it's just a shame that they used a guy in a bald cap than Rosenbaum).

So I will be disappointed they won't correct the mistakes (in my opinion) they did with Lex near the end, but also glad they won't make it worse by trying to do some unbelievable story to correct it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        Michael Rosenbaum NOT Returning to Smallville

Michael Rosenbaum posted today on Twitter that good news is coming, but that a Smallville return is not in the cards.

"Sorry. It's not Smallville related. I've already stated that I'm not returning. I'd never lead you guys on like that. I appreciate your support," he wrote.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16158
        Frak.

Comment

I am really disappointed with this. I can't believe he won't return for even a couple of episodes. I really don't get that at all.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I am really disappointed with this. I can't believe he won't return for even a couple of episodes. I really don't get that at all.
            Indeed, it may be because he enjoys comedy more.

Comment

Or it may have something to do with Queen blowing up the truck he was in, and that any return would be a monumental plot disaster. I'm going to give Rosenbaum a lot of credit for deciding not to return.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                Or it may have something to do with Queen blowing up the truck he was in, and that any return would be a monumental plot disaster. I'm going to give Rosenbaum a lot of credit for deciding not to return.
                Didn't they later imply that he wasn't really in the truck?

Heh. I thought most of the stuff with Lex after S7 was bleh. If they want to retcon that, they can.

I'd like to have had Lex back in a couple of eps, but oh well.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

They made his character too borderline insane, overzealous of his work, and justifying his work irrationally. Tess they made more well rounded, but she is still ridiculous. I hope they still reference him in the background still up to something. Or he goes off to become a bigger bad guy or something.

I'm enjoying the Zod storyline currently though, so that might be good.

Comment

They simply cannot leave Superman's ultimate enemy "dead" like this. It just doesn't sit right with me at all.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

They simply cannot leave Superman's ultimate enemy "dead" like this. It just doesn't sit right with me at all.
                      Indeed, I feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        Indeed, I feel the same way.
                        I am glad to know that I am not alone in that regard. I am fine with Smallville building its own lore, changing things, but not this. They can't leave Lex Luthor dead.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I am glad to know that I am not alone in that regard. I am fine with Smallville building its own lore, changing things, but not this. They can't leave Lex Luthor dead.
                          Definitely, Lex Luthor is the most vital character next to Lois Lane. In fact he may be more vital than Lois.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                            Definitely, Lex Luthor is the most vital character next to Lois Lane. In fact he may be more vital than Lois.
                            In some ways, I sure think he is. He has always tested Superman the most IMO, and that shouldn't be ignored by this show.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

UltimateGleek via Twitter: Will Michael Rosenbaum or Kristin Kreuk return to Smallville? And will Allison Mack be on the new season?
                              A source tells me "no chance" for Kristin, even though she's free now after being recast in Josh Schwartz's new pilot. I'm also told that Allison Mack has not yet signed a deal for season 10, but, "I'm sure she'll be there," says this reliable insider. As for the bald beauty that is Lex Luthor, the answer is…Keep the hope alive? Says show runner Brian Peterson: "We have never ever given up hope, but at this point, that's all it is. We have a great relationship with Michael; it just hasn't happened yet. I would never give up hope until the final second." It's not the hell yes! we were hoping for, but it's better than a no, right?

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch...erfeed_kristin

Comment

If we could have Lex pop up in even a couple of episodes, that would work for me. At least let us know he is back in the picture.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X