Sleepers (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    Ooooooooo, what an excellent site! I've been wondering where I might find Sanctuary screencaps. (Hoping to find some Tesla ones...)

Comment

Try here first.

"Sleepers" Screencaps
      thank you!

http://sanctuary-caps.com/displayima...um=34&pos=1987

^^ just a second before we see helen looking at tesla, she's glancing at this guy playing with her hair. i want to see 'that' scene too.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i rewatched it tonight. total win and fun!

does anyone have caps of when the blond vamp dude was checking out helen? it was when helen and the gang came to rescue tesla, and then where caught themselves. the dark haired guy had her arms behind her back, but the blond one came up and was checking out helen, even touching her hair. i want some caps of that.
        thank you!

http://sanctuary-caps.com/displayima...um=34&pos=1987

^^ just a second before we see helen looking at tesla, she's glancing at this guy playing with her hair. i want to see 'that' scene too.
        Sally I'm working on my Sleepers grabs for the thunk thread so when I get to that scene I will try to nap that spot for you.
        sigpic

Comment

Does anybody understand the lyrics of the song at the end, during Niko/Helen scene?

Comment

Try here first.

"Sleepers" Screencaps
            That site is amazing
            sigpic
            Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Got to see it eventually and like it very much, although once again I wonder what they did/might do with the devamped kids. They now have a bunch of spoiled rich kids who know about the Sanctuary and vampires and who can't be trusted to keep quiet about what happened.

I can see why they might possibly have devamped Tesla, it may be that there wasn't much else they could do with him as a vampire. Helen can't/won't kill him and he wouldn't have given up trying to bring the vamp race back so there is only so many times they can have Helen manage to stop him in the nick of time.

I agree about the ending, it was lovely, both the scenes between Helen and Tesla and the dedication.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                Got to see it eventually and like it very much, although once again I wonder what they did/might do with the devamped kids. They now have a bunch of spoiled rich kids who know about the Sanctuary and vampires and who can't be trusted to keep quiet about what happened.

I can see why they might possibly have devamped Tesla, it may be that there wasn't much else they could do with him as a vampire. Helen can't/won't kill him and he wouldn't have given up trying to bring the vamp race back so there is only so many times they can have Helen manage to stop him in the nick of time.

I agree about the ending, it was lovely, both the scenes between Helen and Tesla and the dedication.
                Yeah, I wondered what they'd do about the kids but they actually didn't know about the Sanctuary, nothing was mentioned about the Sanctuary in their presence and the records they hacked were Nikola's from Mexico (again nothing mentioned from the docs about Sanctuary). As for knowing about vampires? Now, who is gonna believe a bunch of spoilt druggie rich kids about that?
                -

Comment

Didn't they take the woman back to the sanctuary though? When she was human again they could have sedated her to take her home without her knowing where she was (and if they kept her in the one room whilst she was there she might not have seen too much)but I doubt she would have remained unconcious for the whole journey there. But anyhoo that's adding far more depth than the episodes require.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                    Didn't they take the woman back to the sanctuary though? When she was human again they could have sedated her to take her home without her knowing where she was (and if they kept her in the one room whilst she was there she might not have seen too much)but I doubt she would have remained unconcious for the whole journey there. But anyhoo that's adding far more depth than the episodes require.
                    They said she was sedated and brought her around to consciousness in the chair.
                    -

Comment

So let me see... nikcola designs his fail safe with two ends so all someone would need do is grab ahold of him and pull him close.

Makes perfect sense.

Comment

Finally got ro see this episode. Nikola with no Vamping powers. But being magnetic, that's cool!!!
                        MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                        MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                        POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                        CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                        GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                        VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                        FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

I finally saw the episode, and it was really good.

Sanctuary never disappoints me, and I thought this episode was a really good Tesla story. I thought the science behind how they became vampires was really cool, I loved the Comic Con joke and it was cool seeing Helen kick some butt.

Another thing that surprised me was that vampire girl calling Helen a b**** . I wasn't shocked, just really surprised because I've never heard anyone call a character of Amanda that on any show, and her reaction was cool as well. Another thing that I loved seeing was that move by Helen and Kate, when they jumped outside Tesla's window, it was so cool. And Tesla's joke about Helen being tied up made me smile, but I was sorry to see him lose his vampire powers.

The last scene with Helen and Tesla was sweet, I liked that despite all he's done, she was trying to help him get his powers back, and that moment with the champagne was nice. And I like that he's still got some power in him.

I'll review more in replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            I liked this one. it was a lot of fun, lots of snark and sass.

and wow, tesla is no longer a vamp.

dude.

the whole telekinesis/magnetism is cool, but i bet i know a plot of a s3 episode...tracking down any source blood to see if he can revamp his devamper
                            Originally posted by SciFiGeek17 View Post
                            Same here! I was like 'OMG! NO'! And then his magnetic powers and I was like 'oh yeah!'
                            That was my reaction too, I couldn't believe it, I felt so bad for him. But a big grin came to my face when we saw that he had gained magnetic powers. This was a great episode.

Mixed reviews from me:

Loved seeing Nikola again. So sad that he's not a vamp. Though I can't wait to discover his new powers.

The teenager storyline was cringeworthy and boring. The language and sexual conotations had me wondering why this was only rated PG.

I loved that they dedicated the episode to Azra Young and her cousins. RIP.

Three Children Had No Chance of Escaping Shuswap Lake Cabin Fire
                            Children Killed in Shuswap Cabin Fire Identified
                            I liked the teen storyline, it just goes to show you how teens will do if power goes to their heads. And yeah, it was really touching that the show dedicated the episode to those children. Very sweet.

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
                            Saw it for the second time and it had the same effect in me; made me laugh out loud, make me roll my eyes at some of their story lines, keep me entertained and make me some kind of sad that Tesla is “ordinary” again.

“Wide world domination”LOL cerebro any one?

“The last of the five” that sentence was powerful; it would be really difficult to think that you are the last one of some group like they were, you can see how Helen is terrified of been the last one alive and everybody she had known die or is dying.

I really like the interaction between Kate and Will, they do a good pair but I rather she partner with Henry.

And Henry and the Big guy are away at the San Diego Comic Con. “That’s one of the places he fits” LOL

There were a lot of good lines. "Life's b** and then you don't die" LOL

Helen looked astonish beautiful.

This season has been a very good one just one episode I didn’t like that much so far 9/10

That's all for now
                            I agree on everything you said, especially the Helen looked astonish part. I also like the CC joke, I thought of them at CC promoting Sanctuary. Oh and I loved Helen and Kate jumping off the ledge.

Helen: "I invented it." loved that line.

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                            Definitely one of the best of the episodes we've seen so far. Tesla's vampiric demise brings to mind that the show is going to end at some point.. unfortunately Amanda Tapping isn't immortal, even though her beauty is
                            Amanda is a timeless beauty. I bet she'll still look great at age 70.

Why not? Helen looks great at 158.

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                            I thought it was another excellent episode.

Jonathan plays Tesla so perfectly it's unreal. As the audience I think you can really relate to Helen's feelings about him; you know he's an arrogant arse that causes a world of trouble but you can't help but like him!

The end was pitched perfectly, with the sad shock of him losing his powers and then the reveal. I think they knew the audience wouldn't have been happy if Tesla had been left totally human. It'll be fascinating to see where he goes from here.

There's also an obvious opportunity for him to re-vamp in the future if they wish - it's already been established that he's a genius, so it certainly wouldn't be infeasible that one day he finds something Helen missed.

Definitely hope to see Jonathan back for more episodes next season.
                            I agree to everything you said, Amanda/Helen is and ALWAYS will be my fave on the show, but I'd have to JY/Tesla is my fave guest star. I'd love to see him become a regular next season.

Originally posted by kes View Post
                            She only said Druitt was gone but the last of the 5 line makes me nervous
                            Wonder what happens to Druitt?!

I loved this ep. Magnus/Telsa relashionship rocks! Love the bit when he asks where the weapon is AT played it so well.
                            But it made me sad he's no longer a vamp. Happy with what happened at the end. Hope we'll see more of him in S03

Oh and Kate's lines actually worked this time. I liked her in this ep. Except for the whole bit about garlic, cross and stakes. Thats lame.
                            I was a little bummed that he lost his powers, but I love that he still has some power in him. AT and JY make a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post
                              I don't think events in Sleepers are built from Haunted because Sleepers was originally planed to be episode 4

OMG the shortest hour in my life. This episode did really rock. The ending was quite sad with Helen being the only one of the five. I hope Nikola is still immortal. Can't get enough of him^^
                              Episode 4? Wow I didn't know that.

This wasn't the BEST episode of the season, but it was great, fun, action, and Tesla got a chance to be a hero for once. And Helen looked awesome in white, and kicking butt.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              he may still be immortal in the not aging thing, but i think his 'fall off hte roof and bounce up' days are over
                              I hope so, I hope he's not totally normal, meaning he can age and die. I like to think he still has his immortality.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              Definitely enjoyed this episode. great to see Tesla again. I love his interactions with Helen. And they have an interesting relationship--they have a bond but he still drives her nuts.
                              Though I felt kind of bad for Tesla when he lost his vampness, I was kind of glad too. The show could definitely go overboard with vampires. This opens up some new possiblities.
                              We should definitely see Tesla a few times a season.
                              Looking forward to rewatching this one. (can we hope JY does the commentary on the dvd with AT? please?)
                              to everything, now that he has a new power, he can explore it and see how far he can take it. And yeah, I hope AT and JY to the commentary on the DVD together.

fun episode!

oodles of fun and funny moments, and i just love tesla. the actor (jonathan young?) has totally made this character unique.

LOVED the snark/banter between helen and tesla!!

it really was just cute all around.

but i learned something last night...

when helen finally came on screen, i actually took a gaspy breath... i think i realized how much i love helen now (just her coming on screen brought everything up to a higher level and class). she's a GREAT character, and deserves her own show!

wait, she 'does' have her own show.

now i'll go read replies and repy myself.
                              I had the same experience the other week when penance aired in Canada, I hadn't seen Helen in ages and I missed her a lot, so seeing her was like a breath of fresh air. I love Helen, she's my second fave female TV character next to Sam of course, and I can't think of any other TV character I look more forward to seeing every week. After all, what did you expect? Look who plays her.

Well, there's Dexter, but he's different.

Comment

someone on twitter spoiled the tesla losing his powers thinger , so there's another place to stay away from until i see the ep. but anyways, i'm glad helen and company worked so hard to revamp tesla. really, that's insane to try to make him a vampire again , but that goes to show how much they care for him (helen especially).

i felt a wee bit of interest for a helen/tesla ship, but that was in the scene where tesla said he'd been waiting for this moment, when he had helen tied up and... got to love that character!
                                I'm also glad Helen wants to get him his powers back, and it makes since he's as old as she is and she knows what it's like to live so long and lose people one cares about. That on top of the fact that he's one of the five.

Oh, and I loved that moment with Helen and Tesla too, I'm not surprised he dreams/has fantasies about Helen. He reminds of Mckay like that.

amanda and jonathan play well off each other.

oh, i when vamp chick called helen a b**ch.
                                Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                                "You can Bite me... Biatch"

ahah loved that part.. Helen's experssion was great the whole "I - Will - End- you" look
                                OMG I was really... not shocked, but just really surprised to hear that because I've never heard anyone call a character of Amanda's that before. I like how Helen started off all tough with her.

Helen: "I'll be asking the questions here." And I loved the look on Helens face when the vamp girl called her that.

so, season 3, helen continues to help tesla find his vampness. he thinks he's found it, and by testing it, bites helen... she's either part vampire, or she's drawn to him and... i want to see this happen on the show!

^^ that was speculation, no actual spoilers
                                i 'think', b/c helen actually likes tesla. and, i think she might have felt some empathy with him, maybe wondering what it would be like to lose her 'power'... maybe she realized she'd not be happy with it either?

but this is just guessing.
                                Good ideas, Sal.

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
                                I was thinking about how Amanda has been able to distance the Helen character from the Sam Carter character over at SG-1 and she has done it wonderfully.

I’m like you when I see Helen come on, she is really good and I have to admire her talent to give this fictional "person" that difference and life and she just looks beautiful.

Sam has her own beauty too, I love them both... they are played by the same wonderful actress LOL
                                Agreed on everything, Amanda does it so well that at times you believe that the only connection they have is that they're played by the same awesome actress.

Love the scene with Helen and Tesla; the looks they give each other and the feelings they display are very touchy you can tell Helen really likes Tesla even if he has been a pain in her **s for more than a decade she likes him and also the thought of losing someone else so soon really hits her.

also the reference to the vine Churchill gave her and the looked Kate gives Will at that comment and Will goes long story.

Wonder if they are going to take in that fact on Helen’s life the D Day that be really good…I think.
                                I can make jokes about the bolded part, but I won't. And yeah, the Churchill reference was also cool.

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                                I think Jonathan Young may (at least) get nominated for an award for best supporting actor for this role as Tesla.

Comment

Working...
                                X