Sleepers (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alder View Post
    * And, what, Tesla made the de-vamper work from both ends? Well that was just...not...smart. I'm disappointed in you, Nikola...
    Well, he is arrogant. I don't think he ever imagined the devamper might be used against him like that - or, for that matter, that his entire plan might be ruined by a bunch of stupid kids. I suspect that he suffered from a touch of 'tunnel vision' (for lack of a better term) - he thought of only what he wanted to happen, not all the things that could go wrong.

Black J/T sig made by Blencathra, Keller sig by Krissie, all others made by me

My Fics (updated 7/29/09)

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
      * And, what, Tesla made the de-vamper work from both ends? Well that was just...not...smart. I'm disappointed in you, Nikola...
      Not really. If he's holding it in the middle, and then "stabs" someone, then sees another behind him, he might just want to swing his arm back, rather than turn around and stab the guy from the other end.

* Magnetism. Huh.
      Magnets. The Answer to Everything.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

As much I hated seeing Tesla lose his identity as the last vampire, his place among the Five (if they still exist) and not to mention his immortality, I still prefer they not hit the dreaded reset button. IMO the reset button destroys the tapestry of the show... Instead of telling a story and building on it, it's just constantly re-witting what's already been written, and it loses any drama - so please no resets.

What I would like to see for future eppy/season. Tesla lost the identity he has held for more than a 100+ years. He has a new ability ... How will he adjust? Where does he go from here? Does he stay at the Sanctuary as he explores his ability or does he leave again? There are lots of things he has to relearn.
        Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 28 December 2009, 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling / grammar

Comment

Loved this episode. The whole Helen and Tesla dynamic worked really well. Didn't expect him to lose his vampism though, interesting twist.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shanna1 View Post
            Well, he is arrogant. I don't think he ever imagined the devamper might be used against him like that - or, for that matter, that his entire plan might be ruined by a bunch of stupid kids. I suspect that he suffered from a touch of 'tunnel vision' (for lack of a better term) - he thought of only what he wanted to happen, not all the things that could go wrong.
            That pretty much describes Tesla to a T.

As for the bolded bit, this is exactly why he has never actually succeeded in taking over the world.
            sigpic

Comment

I love this eps Tesla is so cool

My favorite parts were when Helen,Will and Kate were tied up and Tesla is flirtting with Helen she so wants him and when there fighting the jr vamps very cool and the end scene between Helen and Nickola i love how he say's loosing his vamp side wont stop him taking over the world lol

Tesla with Magnetic abilities very cool
              sigpic
              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I think this episode is just making me fall more in love with Santuary while pointing out all the reasons why I'm so overwhelmingly still disappointed with SGU. The camaradarie, the snark, the constant plot twists and turns that make you realize that you have no idea what is going to happen next. The characters are all strong characters, and the writers are not afraid to hit you upside the head with some new twist that came far out of left field. It's fast, fun, and it makes me forgive the sometimes funny looking aliens or definitely computer generated backgrounds when something hiccups. A good show to end the season on.
                sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

Sanctuary is very much - here's the people having adventures and stories and oh by the way, here's our sets and monsters

with other shows it's - look at our great sets and wonderful effects, aint they cool...oh, an by the way, we got people too

I don't mind if things look a bit 'cheesy' at times. Like they've said in hte pod casts, they're not aiming for photo real, it's more a graphic novel so it's ok to be a bit 'cartoony'
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iamdragonrider View Post
                    I think this episode is just making me fall more in love with Santuary while pointing out all the reasons why I'm so overwhelmingly still disappointed with SGU. The camaradarie, the snark, the constant plot twists and turns that make you realize that you have no idea what is going to happen next. The characters are all strong characters, and the writers are not afraid to hit you upside the head with some new twist that came far out of left field. It's fast, fun, and it makes me forgive the sometimes funny looking aliens or definitely computer generated backgrounds when something hiccups. A good show to end the season on.
                    You've hit it dead-on. SGU just isn't Stargate in my opinion. I'm convinced that Martin Wood and Damian Kindler were what made Stargate Stargate.
                    I'm just glad they started a new project all on their own. And now we get Sanctuary! And Nikola! And amazing plotlines! And Nikola! And snark! And--
                    Well, I think you get it. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by iamdragonrider View Post
                      Well said. The Sanctuary team recognizes that as cool as the effects might be, the audience keeps tuning in for the characters and their stories.
                      Heck, most of the time I forget a lot of it is CG. I think that's a tribute to the actors and the stories.

Comment

Yeah I usually have to rewatch an episode to get a good look at the background. With the plots going on, character development, and intense situations they give us. I just don't really catch on that some of the CG is a bit low on the pole.
                        O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

I think most of the time when I notice a CG hiccup it's just that. The characters or scenery is moving so quickly or changing that the angle looks off, and for a few seconds, you can clearly see that the background is a screen. Other times, it is totally worth it, and you get these amazing backdrops you'd never get anywhere else.

And a lot of the monsters, some of them are just kinda silly looking.

But I don't mind it. Because the characters work. They work with one another, they unite against a common enemey. They recruit those with a shady background, and welcome them into their fold. They mourn their friends (though I wish they hadn't killed Will's invisible woman friend, she was too cool). Magnus is such a different character from Sam Carter, that even though with eleven years of Carter behind Tapping, Magnus is different enough that aside from a few occaisional facial expressions, she's different enough that I can forget Carter and see Magnus. Magnus is stronger, more confident, in charge, uses every tool at her disposal including her femitiy. She's a bit of a self proclaimed vigilante, and sometimes her friends and coworkers even question her motives and how far she'll go. But they'll all rally around her if she can make them believe in her plan no matter how far out there. There's this unwavering loyalty she seems able to foster, even in those she has barely met.

Anyway, SGU may have more impressive special effects, sets, props, costumes, and backgrounds sometimes. But it's too much like BSG IMO, and after a season or two of that episode, I got tired of the sniping. There's no trust, no chemistry. They are stranded light years from home, and no one trusts one another. Everyone has some hidden agenda, no one makes any sacrifices for the greater good. They are too busy backstabbing and seeking their own pleasures and ensuring their own personal survival rather than the safety and survival of the whole. It emphasizes all the deeper, darker, more depressing sides of humanity, and when there is humor, it's usually the lame, boring make fun of the geek sort, rather than the light, banter, snarking between friends sort.
                          sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

Sanctuary, everyone is working towards a goal. SGU, like you said, it's everyman/woman for themselves

makes a huge difference.

however, if we want to continue this topic, we should probably take it to another thread.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

At first I was very much in mourning for the loss of Tesla's vampirism because it was cool but the character is so much more than just his vampiric qualities that I now find myself looking forward to what they will do with him next season.

Side note: Is anyone else wondering how he put the tray down? Can he turn it on and off or did Helen have to pull it off his hand? *ponders*
                              sigpic

Comment

It's funny how the vamp-kids got the 'making more vamps' thing wrong... they mustn't have watched any of the right shows
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X