No announcement yet.

Sleepers (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he may still be immortal in the not aging thing, but i think his 'fall off hte roof and bounce up' days are over
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Definitely enjoyed this episode. great to see Tesla again. I love his interactions with Helen. And they have an interesting relationship--they have a bond but he still drives her nuts.
      Though I felt kind of bad for Tesla when he lost his vampness, I was kind of glad too. The show could definitely go overboard with vampires. This opens up some new possiblities.
      We should definitely see Tesla a few times a season.
      Looking forward to rewatching this one. (can we hope JY does the commentary on the dvd with AT? please?)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        the kiddie vamps were cringeworthy at points. not much depth given to them

but i loved the rest. and how tesla's arrogance bit him (pun intended) in the end. he's messing with stuff he didn't totally understand, and then has to clean up the mess
        Can't help but wonder if that was intentional or not. I live right next door to a prep school and believe me when I tell you the lack of depth in the majority (but not all) of these kids is astounding. They have rich parents and don't think beyond their next pair of expensive shoes etc... So, spoiled rich kids lacking in depth seems spot on to me. I was actually watching this ep, looking at the kids and thinking "that's about right".

Onto other things: Loved this ep. Loved the visuals, loved Tesla, loved all of the one liners (too many to post now). Magnus hotter than ever. All in all one of my favorites in regards to both seasons.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post
          I don't think events in Sleepers are built from Haunted because Sleepers was originally planed to be episode 4

OMG the shortest hour in my life. This episode did really rock. The ending was quite sad with Helen being the only one of the five. I hope Nikola is still immortal. Can't get enough of him^^
          It had re-writes.

Comment

Amazing episode!

But a little thing hit me, very small, but I wanna know if I'm alone to have noticed that :
            When Kate said "Magnus, shout him!" that made me think much to "Mum, Shout him" from Ash in the first episode.
            Damn, I'm getting crazy but, is that could be a clue to show that Kate remplaced Ashley???

Anyway, I love Magneto Man... xD even if I'm gonna miss Vampy Niko =°(

the "Focus, Nikola." was awesome! ahhhh <3
            The final scene was Epic too, Helen to be closer to Niko than before, I'm sure she prefer him without his vampire side if he got this magnetic power =P

And... does anyone know the song name in that final scene?????

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
              the "Focus, Nikola." was awesome! ahhhh
              Yes. Tesla was great, but then Helen's response really completed the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post
                I don't think events in Sleepers are built from Haunted because Sleepers was originally planed to be episode 4
                Whilst it was originally intended to be ep 4 it was rescheduled very early on to be episode 11 and work didn't progress on it till much later so what Sky said is probably spot on.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                Definitely enjoyed this episode. great to see Tesla again. I love his interactions with Helen. And they have an interesting relationship--they have a bond but he still drives her nuts.
                Though I felt kind of bad for Tesla when he lost his vampness, I was kind of glad too. The show could definitely go overboard with vampires. This opens up some new possiblities.
                We should definitely see Tesla a few times a season.
                Looking forward to rewatching this one. (can we hope JY does the commentary on the dvd with AT? please?)
                I can see how if Tesla stayed a vamp it could be limiting to storylines if they kept him true to character. Hopefully the devamping, as you say, will open up more possibilities with the character. I do enjoy both the character and the actor very much.

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                Can't help but wonder if that was intentional or not. I live right next door to a prep school and believe me when I tell you the lack of depth in the majority (but not all) of these kids is astounding. They have rich parents and don't think beyond their next pair of expensive shoes etc... So, spoiled rich kids lacking in depth seems spot on to me. I was actually watching this ep, looking at the kids and thinking "that's about right".

Onto other things: Loved this ep. Loved the visuals, loved Tesla, loved all of the one liners (too many to post now). Magnus hotter than ever. All in all one of my favorites in regards to both seasons.
                I believe it was intentional, it was too consistent between the youngins' not to be and it was a good counterpoint to Tesla's Grand Plan

Yeah the visuals in this ep were really, really good.

The only down side of the ep for me is that Kate was there. She STILL annoys me! Nope, don't like her at all, sorry Damian but your plan for the fans to love her by the end of the season has failed with this one fan
                -

Comment

At first I was ready to hate it because it looked like another Will and Helen episode. As I was proven wrong I enjoyed the story as it was another selfish Tesla moment. And it was fun at the end seeing the reprecussions of Tesla's action. But I have two nitpicks

1. I rolled my eyes at the notion of triple helix DNA. It was so stupid.
                  2. Given everything he has done it seem rather careless for Helen to let Tesla go
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Loved that Tesla had set up shop in Mexico, I was having flashbacks of Harry Maybourne in the Caribbean I really enjoyed it when stuck up rich vampire girl made fun of Kate's god-awful "thrift shop" clothing.

Nikola was hilarious all the way through the episode. From setting up shop in Mexico, to making fun of the stuck up morons, "you've taken a symphony and turned it into rock and roll! French-Canadian rock and roll!" How easily he manipulated them--even if it was a bit predictable. Making fun of Kate in the closet, and telling the kids they're done ("You're fired", "sit, stay", "hey Chad, my man, my bro"). Hilarious, all the way through

"Last of the Five" is a little ridiculous though. Druitt's not dead, he's just out there again. Just like he'd been for a century before the end of S1/beginning of S2 episodes. There's two of 'em. No drama in that line at all, and because it's incorrect, it fails to answer why she's so frantically trying to help Nikola.

I'm not sure what to make of de-vampiring him though. Why would he make the weapon double-ended? Why would he make a weapon to de-vampire his halfbreeds that would work on himself? I'm a bit baffled by his telekinesis/magnetism. Should be interesting to see where that ends up!

Really terrific closing scene of the episode, with Helen and Nikola. Something very, very nice about it. And the music over it was perfect too. Fun episode this week

edit; Oh, here's a thought. Druitt's MIA because he was hunting down ever last member of the Cabal. At last check, the Cabal has the vampire source blood. Am I predicting an eventual re-vampire-ization of Nikola? Yes I am
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ok, i must confess, I was ready to hate this episode: Teen Vampires are a scourge on our televisions!

But, I found my self liking this episode. I guess the evil genius in me totally got Tesla's problem with the Vamp-pack's plan: They have no idea what they are, and they are as subtle as a hammer!
                      Plus, humans beat vamp's before, with them being the best and brightest. These clowns got beat in a couple days! Can you imagine a vampire kingdom created by people who only know twilight as the only source of vampire knowlege?
                      Why didn't Tesla just fry the kids with electricity before they threw him off the roof? I'm going to miss his CGI vamp face, but I hope the PTB will see clear to him becoming more than he was (maybe, he'll become the Abnormal leader I've been waiting for...he does have magnetisim now!)

Comment

fun episode!

oodles of fun and funny moments, and i just love tesla. the actor (jonathan young?) has totally made this character unique.

LOVED the snark/banter between helen and tesla!!

it really was just cute all around.

but i learned something last night...

when helen finally came on screen, i actually took a gaspy breath... i think i realized how much i love helen now (just her coming on screen brought everything up to a higher level and class). she's a GREAT character, and deserves her own show!

wait, she 'does' have her own show.

now i'll go read replies and repy myself.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

i had the same question about hte double ended devamper (there has to be a writer's room joke in there)

why make a vulnerability into it?

then again, he underestimated them accidentally getting vamped by death, he underestimated their strength and power, he underestimated their quest for power...so he probably just didn't think through his devamper....he made it, it should work, good enough

not enough troubleshooting

which is one of nikola's weaknesses, his own arrogance
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            fun episode!

oodles of fun and funny moments, and i just love tesla. the actor (jonathan young?) has totally made this character unique.

LOVED the snark/banter between helen and tesla!!

it really was just cute all around.

but i learned something last night...

when helen finally came on screen, i actually took a gaspy breath... i think i realized how much i love helen now (just her coming on screen brought everything up to a higher level and class). she's a GREAT character, and deserves her own show!

wait, she 'does' have her own show.

now i'll go read replies and repy myself.
                            back of the line Sally.

Very funny

One of my favorite scenes in this one is when they go to rescue Tesla and take on the Vamps and this is part of the conversation that takes place in the car:
                            Magnus: they may be rich, spoiled, insolent children but that doesn't mean we shouldn't save them.
                            Will and Kate exchange looks
                            Magnus: That's a terrible sales pitch.
                            Will and Kate nod in unison.

Amanda's expressions in this scene were perfect. Also, in this (or another thread) *has fuzzy memory skills* we discussed how much some of us liked seeing the darker side of Helen and the occasionally out of control Helen but I also love seeing the humor that comes through as well.

The character of Helen has developed a lot this season and it's been nice seeing the different sides to her as opposed to the somewhat stiff and stoic Helen we were first introduced to in the beginning of Season 1
                            sigpic

Comment

Well... I can work with that!

Excellent, fun episode, with some bittersweet moments too. I rather liked the 'last of the Five' bit - I was thinking the same thing myself before Helen said it. Also, Helen saying she'd invented that move was nice.
                              I quite liked the vampkids coming back to life scenes too.
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                                I thought it was another excellent episode.

Jonathan plays Tesla so perfectly it's unreal. As the audience I think you can really relate to Helen's feelings about him; you know he's an arrogant arse that causes a world of trouble but you can't help but like him!

The end was pitched perfectly, with the sad shock of him losing his powers and then the reveal. I think they knew the audience wouldn't have been happy if Tesla had been left totally human. It'll be fascinating to see where he goes from here.

There's also an obvious opportunity for him to re-vamp in the future if they wish - it's already been established that he's a genius, so it certainly wouldn't be infeasible that one day he finds something Helen missed.

Definitely hope to see Jonathan back for more episodes next season.
                                someone on twitter spoiled the tesla losing his powers thinger , so there's another place to stay away from until i see the ep. but anyways, i'm glad helen and company worked so hard to revamp tesla. really, that's insane to try to make him a vampire again , but that goes to show how much they care for him (helen especially).

i felt a wee bit of interest for a helen/tesla ship, but that was in the scene where tesla said he'd been waiting for this moment, when he had helen tied up and... got to love that character!

amanda and jonathan play well off each other.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X