Sleepers (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    someone on twitter spoiled the tesla losing his powers thinger , so there's another place to stay away from until i see the ep. but anyways, i'm glad helen and company worked so hard to revamp tesla. really, that's insane to try to make him a vampire again , but that goes to show how much they care for him (helen especially).

i felt a wee bit of interest for a helen/tesla ship, but that was in the scene where tesla said he'd been waiting for this moment, when he had helen tied up and... got to love that character!
    I'm also glad Helen wants to get him his powers back, and it makes since he's as old as she is and she knows what it's like to live so long and lose people one cares about. That on top of the fact that he's one of the five.

Oh, and I loved that moment with Helen and Tesla too, I'm not surprised he dreams/has fantasies about Helen. He reminds of Mckay like that.

amanda and jonathan play well off each other.

oh, i when vamp chick called helen a b**ch.
    Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
    "You can Bite me... Biatch"

ahah loved that part.. Helen's experssion was great the whole "I - Will - End- you" look
    OMG I was really... not shocked, but just really surprised to hear that because I've never heard anyone call a character of Amanda's that before. I like how Helen started off all tough with her.

Helen: "I'll be asking the questions here." And I loved the look on Helen's face when the vamp girl called her that.

so, season 3, helen continues to help tesla find his vampness. he thinks he's found it, and by testing it, bites helen... she's either part vampire, or she's drawn to him and... i want to see this happen on the show!

^^ that was speculation, no actual spoilers
    i 'think', b/c helen actually likes tesla. and, i think she might have felt some empathy with him, maybe wondering what it would be like to lose her 'power'... maybe she realized she'd not be happy with it either?

but this is just guessing.
    Good ideas, Sal.

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
    I was thinking about how Amanda has been able to distance the Helen character from the Sam Carter character over at SG-1 and she has done it wonderfully.

I’m like you when I see Helen come on, she is really good and I have to admire her talent to give this fictional "person" that difference and life and she just looks beautiful.

Sam has her own beauty too, I love them both... they are played by the same wonderful actress LOL
    Agreed on everything, Amanda does it so well that at times you believe that the only connection they have is that they're played by the same awesome actress.

Love the scene with Helen and Tesla; the looks they give each other and the feelings they display are very touchy you can tell Helen really likes Tesla even if he has been a pain in her **s for more than a decade she likes him and also the thought of losing someone else so soon really hits her.

also the reference to the vine Churchill gave her and the looked Kate gives Will at that comment and Will goes long story.

Wonder if they are going to take in that fact on Helen’s life the D Day that be really good…I think.
    I can make jokes about the bolded part, but I won't. And yeah, the Churchill reference was also cool.

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
    I think Jonathan Young may (at least) get nominated for an award for best supporting actor for this role as Tesla.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      I've now watched this ep twice as I needed time to think things over before giving my thoughts on it.

Not really my fav ep, but that might be because of the whole vampire theme. Anymore, IMO, vampires are so obsolete. When Buffy came on the scene, it was fresh and excitingly new, but I've grown tired with the hype surrounding vamps for now what with Twilight and everything else. Personally, I'm more than glad TPTB decided to drop this power in Tesla and decided to pick up something a bit more unique and fresh. I'm definitely looking forward to Tesla exploring more of his 'Magneto' side and can't help ponder some of the exciting plots involving him using this.
      I don't think any kind of "abnormal" or "monster" can become obsolete, I mean TV networks and what not keep finding ways to spice it up. Even if it's been used a lot, as long as it's done right, I think fans will support them.

Can't agree with you more as I also wondered about this. You'd think he would take into consideration all the possible outcomes in making this de-vamper. Hate to say it, but Tesla deserved everything he got for his inflated ego.

One that note, I did love Kate's response to Tesla name for his creation:
      "I call it...the Devamper!'
      "Your a genius and that is the best name you can come up with?"

This part did make me laugh outright. Her disdain was so dripping.
      I've never seen Tesla as a jerk, or someone with a big ego, and I did feel bad for him when he lost his powers. And yeah, I love all of Helen's expressions.

I do hope Henry and BF make an appearance soon in the shows to come, though images of them surfing and going to the San Diego CC as fanboys does make me smirk. I love how TPTB have a sense of humor rather than say they were away on business which is just dull. They do love to titillate our imaginations.
      I'm glad they have a sense of humor too, so far it's been either them at a beach, or at CC, not that they're trying to capture some abnormal

Helen as usual took my breath away with her beauty and she was so spot on with her lines and reactions. I do know my gf was poking me quite a bit with my intense interest when we watched it together. Of course, she can't help but agree with me on the subject..heh.
      Cel, you know better than to check out Helen when your special someone is around.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      I'm not sure if Helen is accepting as much as....these guys are the only ones that REALLY know what it's like. they're the only ones that know what it's like to keep outliving everyone, to see history repeating itself over and over

it's also possible that, 'a hundred years ago' when helen founded the sanctuaries, tesla, watson, griffin all helped her. they helped her achieve her dreams so she owes them her dreams, and the lives of every abby she's helped.

there's a bond and 'blood debt' that will always exist

it would be like, to drag sg1 into it, sam and her team will always be there for each other, always.
      I agree, things change in a 158 years, John, Tesla and the rest were bonded together by the source blood, and they've lived through the best and worst of history, and that's a bond like no other. Maybe Helen sees something in Tesla that reminds her of her, and she doesn't want to lose that/him.

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
      I love this eps Tesla is so cool

My favorite parts were when Helen,Will and Kate were tied up and Tesla is flirtting with Helen she so wants him and when there fighting the jr vamps very cool and the end scene between Helen and Nickola i love how he say's loosing his vamp side wont stop him taking over the world lol

Tesla with Magnetic abilities very cool
      I loved that scene too, when Tesla put his hand in Helens jacket, I thought for sure be was going to due something.

Originally posted by iamdragonrider View Post
      I think this episode is just making me fall more in love with Santuary while pointing out all the reasons why I'm so overwhelmingly still disappointed with SGU. The camaradarie, the snark, the constant plot twists and turns that make you realize that you have no idea what is going to happen next. The characters are all strong characters, and the writers are not afraid to hit you upside the head with some new twist that came far out of left field. It's fast, fun, and it makes me forgive the sometimes funny looking aliens or definitely computer generated backgrounds when something hiccups. A good show to end the season on.
      Every episode makes me fall in love with the show over again, every episode is something new and fresh. This show doesn't disappoint, and I believe this should continue to grow and show the world what it's made of.

Sanctuary is very much - here's the people having adventures and stories and oh by the way, here's our sets and monsters

with other shows it's - look at our great sets and wonderful effects, aint they cool...oh, an by the way, we got people too

I don't mind if things look a bit 'cheesy' at times. Like they've said in hte pod casts, they're not aiming for photo real, it's more a graphic novel so it's ok to be a bit 'cartoony'
      Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Well said. The Sanctuary team recognizes that as cool as the effects might be, the audience keeps tuning in for the characters and their stories.
      Heck, most of the time I forget a lot of it is CG. I think that's a tribute to the actors and the stories.
      Originally posted by iamdragonrider View Post
      I think most of the time when I notice a CG hiccup it's just that. The characters or scenery is moving so quickly or changing that the angle looks off, and for a few seconds, you can clearly see that the background is a screen. Other times, it is totally worth it, and you get these amazing backdrops you'd never get anywhere else.

And a lot of the monsters, some of them are just kinda silly looking.

But I don't mind it. Because the characters work. They work with one another, they unite against a common enemey. They recruit those with a shady background, and welcome them into their fold. They mourn their friends (though I wish they hadn't killed Will's invisible woman friend, she was too cool). Magnus is such a different character from Sam Carter, that even though with eleven years of Carter behind Tapping, Magnus is different enough that aside from a few occaisional facial expressions, she's different enough that I can forget Carter and see Magnus. Magnus is stronger, more confident, in charge, uses every tool at her disposal including her femitiy. She's a bit of a self proclaimed vigilante, and sometimes her friends and coworkers even question her motives and how far she'll go. But they'll all rally around her if she can make them believe in her plan no matter how far out there. There's this unwavering loyalty she seems able to foster, even in those she has barely met.

Anyway, SGU may have more impressive special effects, sets, props, costumes, and backgrounds sometimes. But it's too much like BSG IMO, and after a season or two of that episode, I got tired of the sniping. There's no trust, no chemistry. They are stranded light years from home, and no one trusts one another. Everyone has some hidden agenda, no one makes any sacrifices for the greater good. They are too busy backstabbing and seeking their own pleasures and ensuring their own personal survival rather than the safety and survival of the whole. It emphasizes all the deeper, darker, more depressing sides of humanity, and when there is humor, it's usually the lame, boring make fun of the geek sort, rather than the light, banter, snarking between friends sort.
      Sanctuary, everyone is working towards a goal. SGU, like you said, it's everyman/woman for themselves

makes a huge difference.

however, if we want to continue this topic, we should probably take it to another thread.
      I couldn't agree more with all of you. I've seen and read about shows like that, where there's trouble on set, and one actor fights with another and so on. I'm glad it's a stable, healthy and friendly working atmosphere with the Sanctuary cast. And they've made sacrifices, cutting their pay and giving it to the show, and so on. These people do what they do not for money, fame and all that other stuff, which is the goal for a lot of celebs, they do it for the fans and to bring something cool to TV.

I don't watch the show to check out the effects, I used to watch it 99% for Amanda, but now I watch it for the people, and to see who they are and what their stories are. This is a good cast, and it has something a lot of shows lack, SG-1 had that and... it's... it's something so special it doesn't even have a name. Maybe it's like Amanda's always said, perhaps it's because no one has a big ego an they kept their heads below the clouds.

i rewatched it tonight. total win and fun!

does anyone have caps of when the blond vamp dude was checking out helen? it was when helen and the gang came to rescue tesla, and then where caught themselves. the dark haired guy had her arms behind her back, but the blond one came up and was checking out helen, even touching her hair. i want some caps of that.
      thank you!

http://sanctuary-caps.com/displayima...um=34&pos=1987

^^ just a second before we see helen looking at tesla, she's glancing at this guy playing with her hair. i want to see 'that' scene too.
      That kid may have been a jerk and arrogant, but at least he knows VERY beautiful woman when he sees one.
      Last edited by Rocky89; 10 June 2010, 06:57 PM.

Comment

I liked how the young vamps were treated. They were like we are so COOL and then they killed their friend instead of turning him! That was downright funny.

I loved the look on Tesla's face when he go this new powers. Seemed be like a little boy getting a birthday present.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post

I loved the look on Tesla's face when he go this new powers. Seemed be like a little boy getting a birthday present.
          Or a kid in a candy store
          ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

I have to say this was one of my favourite episodes of the series - partly because Nikola was in it I think he just brings something so brilliant to the show. I love his wit and his snarkiness - and he and Helen just seem to have a real chemistry there that I think you would have if you'd known each other for over a century - just that fact that they know how each other thinks I thought was a nice touch.

Really disappointed he got ''de-vamped'' but I have high hopes that we will see more of him in Season 3 - especially since we were shown him discovering his magnetism
            sigpic
            ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I was doing a rewatch in anticipatijon of season 3 starting, can't wait for that!!!! Anyways I just happened to think of a question and though I know why it didn't actually happen because SyFy and the powers that be wanted Ashley gone why, theoretically of course, would Nikola's devamper not have worked on Ashley?

Nikola was altered using the source blood and she was basically 'him' at least her abilities. In my mind it would have at least worked partially, perhaps dulling her abilities and never even in fan fiction has this been addressed. I just wondered why no one thought to ask before?

Then again I've watched this episode multiple times and it just hit me today...LOL, oh how I miss my brain. Any guesses anyone?

Melissa
              Sanctuary RULES!!!!
              Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaAdams View Post
                I was doing a rewatch in anticipatijon of season 3 starting, can't wait for that!!!! Anyways I just happened to think of a question and though I know why it didn't actually happen because SyFy and the powers that be wanted Ashley gone why, theoretically of course, would Nikola's devamper not have worked on Ashley?

Nikola was altered using the source blood and she was basically 'him' at least her abilities. In my mind it would have at least worked partially, perhaps dulling her abilities and never even in fan fiction has this been addressed. I just wondered why no one thought to ask before?

Then again I've watched this episode multiple times and it just hit me today...LOL, oh how I miss my brain. Any guesses anyone?

Melissa
                Interesting. I think... it would have worked, at least a little, but I don't think the de-vamper was invented at the time though. IMO, Tesla did it afterwards, along with the Mexico facility and everything.

As to why I didn't think about it before you mentionned it, I'd have to say that since Sleepers happens a while after EoN, I never thought about Ashley precisely while watching the ep. Maybe it's the same thing for other people?

But it's an interesting thought as I've said before. If they were to somehow find Ashley (which I think is very unlikely) this could be a solution to the "super-Ashley" problem.
                sigpic
                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

True point and I'm not saying it's 'likely' to happen in real life but it's just ironic to me that no one ever, EVEN in a fan fiction story that no one thought of this. *Grins(

Lots of folks write 'Ashley didn't die' fiction and have come up with some rather impressive solutions on how to deal with things but no one ever, EVER thought of this that I recall ever reading. It's just funny to me and then it hit me this morning while watching it like...DUH why didn't you think of it last year you dumb Melissa you?? LOL
                  Sanctuary RULES!!!!
                  Melissa

Comment

Well, I guess we find out new things everytime we rewatch an ep. This just happens to be a bigger one than usual. ;PP
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I cannot remember how many times I rewatched this episode and still enjoy it so much! Tesla was cute, lovable and although he was de-vamped I think he would make good use of his new powers to revive the vampires race.
                      sigpic
                      Sign by me

Comment

it's the last scene for me.... JY's acting coupled with the music.... AWESOME.

Cannot help but grin when the platter slides towards his hand...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

I totally agree!!!
                          Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                          it's the last scene for me.... JY's acting coupled with the music.... AWESOME.
                          Although I don't like the "teenage-vampires" Sleepers is my favourite Sanctuary episode so far. It never gets boring.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CorinaEder View Post
                            I totally agree!!!

Although I don't like the "teenage-vampires" Sleepers is my favourite Sanctuary episode so far. It never gets boring.
                            Oh yes, it definitely is.. not at last because it's so much Nikola (& Teslen)
                            His quotes are some of the coolest and Vampires are great.. Magneto, too XD
                            sigpic

Comment

I have to say that I love Nikola as much as the next person, but I can't believe the absence of strong condemnation of his unethical human experimentation, both on the boards and among the characters in the episode. One's right to informed consent and self-determination of what happens to one's body is a core ethical principle in medicine, and is why human medical experimentation is so heavily controlled.

Nikola's actions--messing with the teens' genetic codes without their knowledge--IMO are really scary and along the same lines of what the Cabal do.

The thing is, he's one of my favorite characters outside of this episode, and on top of that the other characters, Magnus included, don't seem horrified by his actions, nor does the episode portray his actions is a horrific light, which then makes it seem less disturbing even though I know I should be disturbed.

Therefore, I just pretend that this episode doesn't exist so I can love Nikola in the other episodes and see him in a similar light as Magnus does. If I didn't, I would have to despise him and conclude that Magnus has no ethical principles for continuing to associate with him.

Comment

I watched this episode again today, and I adore the final scene between Helen and Nikola. Amanda looks stunning, the dialogue is great, and the music is fabulous. I can watch that scene over and over.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X