No announcement yet.

Sleepers (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a pretty good episode. Wasn't much of a fan of those kids, but Helen, Will, and Tesla kept it fun.

Some interesting thoughts for me:
    Liked the SDCC reference and Biggie. I wonder if the "bloody awful" line was an intentional reference to Top Gear? I'm trying to figure out why the "I'm ordinary" delivery seems familiar, like I've heard it somewhere before. I'm also curious about Helen's line about John.
    Spoiler:
    Perhaps it relates to the events of Haunted, probably why it should have aired first...

And then there's Tesla's new found talent...

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      Goodbye Dracula, Hello Magneto!!

A very fun ep!
      LOL! Well said and how true.

This was a pretty fun episode. The rich kids storyline got annoying rather fast, but Tesla and his interactions with Helen and Will, and Will, Helen, and Kate tracking down Tesla were entertaining.

Was surprised to see Tesla's no longer a vampire, but his new powers could be interesting. And I liked that it was magnetism, which is probably related to his previous ability to control electricity.

And LOL for Henry and Bigfoot being fanboys and going to Comic-con. Though I hope they're not conveniently elsewhere for the rest of the season like in this ep and Next Tuesday.

sigpic

Comment

I really like this episode is was very funny. Tesla was very funny and charming, and definitely my second favorite vampire. Those kids were brats and very annoying I completely understand why they were Tesla's nightmare, anybody could see they were very stupid and arrogant and wouldn't last long. I like the interaction between Helen, Will, and Kate. They worked like a team and Helen is really giving Kate a chance to prove herself. I like the simultaneous jump that Helen and Kate did and I was laughing so hard when they were tied up and Will tried to get Kate to untie him and just made her fall, just for him to fall as well. And who knew Helen kept a knife in her boot. Even though I feel bad that Tesla got devamp I'm glad he got the magnetize power, maybe this means his powers are not completely gone, or maybe with the loss of his vampiric powers a new power resurface, probably the one he would have gotten if he hadn't turn into a vampire in the first place. All in all my favorite episode of the season.

Comment

Definitely one of the best of the episodes we've seen so far. Tesla's vampiric demise brings to mind that the show is going to end at some point.. unfortunately Amanda Tapping isn't immortal, even though her beauty is

Comment

I thought it was another excellent episode.

Jonathan plays Tesla so perfectly it's unreal. As the audience I think you can really relate to Helen's feelings about him; you know he's an arrogant arse that causes a world of trouble but you can't help but like him!

The end was pitched perfectly, with the sad shock of him losing his powers and then the reveal. I think they knew the audience wouldn't have been happy if Tesla had been left totally human. It'll be fascinating to see where he goes from here.

There's also an obvious opportunity for him to re-vamp in the future if they wish - it's already been established that he's a genius, so it certainly wouldn't be infeasible that one day he finds something Helen missed.

Definitely hope to see Jonathan back for more episodes next season.
            sigpic
            by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
              It was a pretty good episode. Wasn't much of a fan of those kids, but Helen, Will, and Tesla kept it fun.

Some interesting thoughts for me:
              Liked the SDCC reference and Biggie. I wonder if the "bloody awful" line was an intentional reference to Top Gear? I'm trying to figure out why the "I'm ordinary" delivery seems familiar, like I've heard it somewhere before. I'm also curious about Helen's line about John.
              Spoiler:
              Perhaps it relates to the events of Haunted, probably why it should have aired first...

And then there's Tesla's new found talent...
              She only said Druitt was gone but the last of the 5 line makes me nervous
              Wonder what happens to Druitt?!

I loved this ep. Magnus/Telsa relashionship rocks! Love the bit when he asks where the weapon is AT played it so well.
              But it made me sad he's no longer a vamp. Happy with what happened at the end. Hope we'll see more of him in S03

Oh and Kate's lines actually worked this time. I liked her in this ep. Except for the whole bit about garlic, cross and stakes Thats lame.

Comment

Gotta be quick...Sleepers was brilliant. Loved Tesla, and Helen was awesome as ever!
                Spoiler:
                Loved that Helen drinks Earl Grey tea...very cool! Loved the "move" that Helen invented...the references to ComicCon and Churchill...the wine!!!
                What a wonderful ep to end the year on...well done to the Sanctuary team yet again!

Also, the tribute to Azra and her cousins...absolutely beautiful.
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

the kiddie vamps were cringeworthy at points. not much depth given to them

but i loved the rest. and how tesla's arrogance bit him (pun intended) in the end. he's messing with stuff he didn't totally understand, and then has to clean up the mess
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Tesla rules, id watch a series just about him.

Its one of those situations where a side character is better written than the regular cast (*cough* Kate Walker).
                    I love it when extras grow larger than the main cast.

And of course they are going to give him magnetic powers, hes Nikola Tesla gddamit!
                    Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

I loved this episode and can't wait for the next. What was Will thinking? Of course Helen had a knife.

Comment

From what I've read elsewhere and I'm gonna keep it vague....Haunted SHOULD have aired first.

Because events in Sleepers (or at least a bit) is built from Haunted.

And that's all I'll say.

sigpic

Comment

ahaha loved it!

"i've imagined this moment.. you. tied up.. its a shame you brought the kids" *dies of laughter*

magneto!
                          sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

the transcript to this will be a scream to read

sigpic

Comment

Now that he's gotten the whole 'Resurrect The Vampire Race!!' thing out of his system, maybe Tesla can get around to the project he should've been working on this whole time: Operation Resurrect Watson and Griffin. He can devote the whole of Season 3 to it, that's fine, but the Five are one of the best things about this series and they've been dropping like flies!

Speaking of which, was anyone else disappointed that Tesla didn't hide the Devamper in a copy of The Invisible Man or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes? The entire time they were in Magnus's library, I was like 'Head over to Arthur Conan Doyle, people!' Le sigh.

Someone needs to track down Druitt and inform him Tesla's no longer immortal. I think Druitt would actually be kind of irritated: here's this obnoxious little know-it-all that he can no longer push off of skyscrapers. How's he supposed to let off steam without maiming Tesla?

And for that matter, I'm crying foul on the whole 'teen vamps take down Tesla' thing. The man hobnobbed with Sherlock Holmes and spent an inordinate amount of time ****ing off Jack the Ripper: you don't do either without picking up some skills. Though that shot of Tesla getting hit by a car was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                From what I've read elsewhere and I'm gonna keep it vague....Haunted SHOULD have aired first.

Because events in Sleepers (or at least a bit) is built from Haunted.

And that's all I'll say.
                                I don't think events in Sleepers are built from Haunted because Sleepers was originally planed to be episode 4

OMG the shortest hour in my life. This episode did really rock. The ending was quite sad with Helen being the only one of the five. I hope Nikola is still immortal. Can't get enough of him^^
                                SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

Working...
                                X