Hero (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatG View Post
    I doubt the split screen is going to go away this season as it's probably pretty much edited already, so we probably need to get used to it.
    I think I'm the only person who likes the split screen. which is weird for me, b/c normally I hate split screen but in santunary case I like it.
    sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
      I doubt the split screen is going to go away this season as it's probably pretty much edited already, so we probably need to get used to it.

I'm sure we'll get used to it, bt some of us still won't like it. LOL!!

But it is growing on me I must say. It gives more perspective... And it is different.
      sigpic

Comment

I like the split screen too. I thought it was really nicely done in Hero, where the 3 little screens showed in time with some sort of sound effect .. seemed comic-like to me.

I liked the episode for what it was. A stand alone, fun episode. Though I also agree that it was a bit weird to have such a light episode after Eulogy.

The end though .... "meanwhile ... months later" ... weird. How can it be meanwhile and months later? I thought it was a nice add on, but as someone else wrote, I will be thinking in the next ep, how does this relate to the "months later" part.

Does anyone notice the weird facial colours? They look too yellow-orange to me.

I think it's fine that Will knows how to ride a bike, but stunting like that? Uhuh ...

Liked that Kate did the right thing. Though, killing the guy seemed harsh. When watching I also figured that Helen totally knew what Kate had been doing and therefor taking her in to the team.

Looking forward to next week
        Last edited by SamJackShipLover; 01 November 2009, 11:31 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post
          I think I'm the only person who likes the split screen. which is weird for me, b/c normally I hate split screen but in santunary case I like it.

I think the split screen works for Sanctuary. Dosen't bother me at all.
          SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post

Liked that Kate did the right thing. Though, basicly killing the guy seemed harsh. When watching I also figured that Helen totally knew what Kate had been doing and therefor taking her in to the team.

Looking forward to next week

I would have done what Kate did, if t was my brother, heck yeah I would have let the guy exploiting him get eaten.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
              I would have done what Kate did, if t was my brother, heck yeah I would have let the guy exploiting him get eaten.
              Messing with family= getting killed. Makes sence too me.
              sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                Will running away form the big bug looked really lame. I think its their biggest flaw is when a character has to run. They should have a real floor when someone runs LOL
                Yes, it's been the floors that I notice in running scenes. I see no problems with the backgrounds generally--I'm watching the characters.

Comment

Messing with family= getting killed. Makes sence too me.
                  lol!! Well I would have, and I would have slept well after it. Kate just gained a few points in my book by doing that. She not only protected the Sanctuary and the Residents but she protected her bother...

Guy getting eaten... yup, I'm good with it,
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post
                    I think the split screen works for Sanctuary. Dosen't bother me at all.
                    I get that they're trying for a distinctive look, I'm just not used to it yet.
                    The other thing about the look is the outdoor scenes almost seem too realistic looking compared to the rest of the show. Too bright or something.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      I get that they're trying for a distinctive look, I'm just not used to it yet.
                      The other thing about the look is the outdoor scenes almost seem too realistic looking compared to the rest of the show. Too bright or something.
                      Yeah, as apposed to the first season when most of the outdoor scenes were night time adding to the darkness of the show.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        I actually like Kate an her character in the show. An of cause Magnus knew what happen in the lab, she probably knew about Constantine trying to get into the abnormal business an probably knew she would have to take care of him eventually an was more than happy when Kate did the job for her. I like the like about her not being up for sale. I am sure she will be on the market later through.
                        Oh, I'm sure 'Sally' <<<-- "she has a proper name, you know" filled Helen in. Constantine spent an awful lot of time (relatively speaking) staring in awe at her. I'm sure she got a good look at exactly what he thinks of abnormals. And told Helen.

I agree with Sky. Helen is pragmatic enough to not lose sleep over a guy that treats abnormals as something to be sold/killed as a trophy. Kate took care of a a situation that would have been messy.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          I agree with Sky. Helen is pragmatic enough to not lose sleep over a guy that treats abnormals as something to be sold/killed as a trophy. Kate took care of a a situation that would have been messy.

suse

and poetic justice it was one of the abnormals that took care of Constantine
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                            I quite liked the episode myself. It could never live up to the epic heights of the first 3 but it was showing a moving on. The team did their mourning for Ashley in episode 3 and I think this was more showing that life in the Sanctuary has to go on.

I also don't think it would have been right for Helen to be actively mourning. Deep in her heart of hearts I still don't think she entirely believes Ashley is gone...
                            Yeah, I also saw Eulogy as the transition episode, so I wasn't too upset at the lack of Ashley in this one. And I don't see Helen actively mourning while going about the day-to-day work of the Sanctuary, I think she's learned to compartmentalize her emotions enough to get the job done. I think she's still mourning Ashley, but it's done privately, probably spending more nights alone on the roof or in Ashley's room.

I like the tiling too, there are a few times where it just seemed odd, but I think it works for the most part. It definitely gives the show a more comic-book feel, which is something I think they've always wanted.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                              Yeah, I also saw Eulogy as the transition episode, so I wasn't too upset at the lack of Ashley in this one. And I don't see Helen actively mourning while going about the day-to-day work of the Sanctuary, I think she's learned to compartmentalize her emotions enough to get the job done. I think she's still mourning Ashley, but it's done privately, probably spending more nights alone on the roof or in Ashley's room.
                              I agree. But I'm hoping we get glimpses of that. Maybe at some point Will has to find her for some emergency and he finds her in Ashley's room. They wouldn't even have to say anything. Just knowing where it was and a look would tell us Helen's still not over it. something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                I agree. But I'm hoping we get glimpses of that. Maybe at some point Will has to find her for some emergency and he finds her in Ashley's room. They wouldn't even have to say anything. Just knowing where it was and a look would tell us Helen's still not over it. something like that.
                                Or he could find her looking at old albums of when Ashley was just a child.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X