No announcement yet.

Hero (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't think this episode was pointless.

1. A new abnormal was introduced, which could be reused later in a battle scene.

2. It was a tension reliever. Something akin to Brain Storm, of SGA Season 5. It relaxed the characters, after all this hypertensive drama in the previous 3 episodes.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I wasn't expecting to like this one, and I didn't. But there were also episodes of SG1 & Atlantis that I didn't like, so I think any series can have an 'off' episode every now & then.

While I would have liked a direct mention of Ashley, I don't think that her loss was completely glossed over. Helen was a bit different somehow, and her expression at certain points, so I think she's still grieving for her daughter.

Another though that I've had is that maybe having Will riding the motorbike was a homage to Ashley. Maybe she had time to teach him to ride one last season.

About Declan's involvement. The London sanctuary was at the least very badly damaged, if not destroyed, and I'd imagine that it would take quite a bit of time to rebuild it. I think this was hinted at in Eulogy, with all the other abnormals arriving in the ship's cargo hold.

I didn't like Kate at all when she was introduced, but now I'm at the point where I don't care. Having her on the show isn't going to stop me from watching or enjoying the show, but at this point I won't care at all if she leaves/dies.

However, I really, really miss Ashley.

Comment

When seeing the Big Guy, I too thought the hair was off, but he wasn't BIG. He was normal size, and not about 2 feet taller than the rest. He just looked like a normal sized person with a mask.

Comment

so he was the 'not so big' guy

Likely had someone standing in for chris
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I honestly cant watch this show anymore.

I watched the webisodes and all of season 1 and it was entertaining.
            But it seems the special FX (if you can even call it that) are getting worse and more and more ridiculous with every episode.

Its one thing to have HORRIBLE effects, its another thing to keep using it as if it isnt horrible.

1. that fairy guy last episode, REALLY!? I almost spit out my food i was eating when i saw that, it was ridiculous and i was just stunned at how horrible it was, so i just blanked it out as if it never happened, but they bring him back later for an extended appearance and it just had to stop watching.

2. This week i decided ill give this show another chance, then this superhero guy. wow... Firstly they want us to believe his suit is made of parasites.. ITS MADE OF FELT and it bends like its made of felt!!! PLUS HOW DO YOU STICH A "V" LOGO INTO PARASITES!?!?

And finally the flying parts, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? thats the worst wire work ive ever seen in my life! Independent low budget movies have better wire work that that, and when he fly's into the sky, they basically just take a picture of him and made it go up and fade away.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
              When seeing the Big Guy, I too thought the hair was off, but he wasn't BIG. He was normal size, and not about 2 feet taller than the rest. He just looked like a normal sized person with a mask.
              I thought there was something off with Big Guy but put it off to my really bad see sight.
              sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                Maybe show Helen making an effort to join in with the lightheartedness but not quite being there yet. She knows she should get back to business but can't quite put her full mind and emotions there yet.
                Yep! Say, have her stand at the door in that last scene, a bit detached from the others, smiling benevolently, amused with the situation but not all that amused herself. Just... not in that mood, not quite there yet.

I dont' know. But that last scene - cheesiness aside, of course - just didn't sit well with me, Helen character wise.

I actually came into this thread to have it confirmed that this episode was in fact the one that was pushed forward for actor availability reasons. And then Realm said it was the next one and I just couldn't find an excuse for the tone of this ep. Too much, too light, too soon.

(On a different note. Kate's 'I'd do anything for my family' line; or whatever it was? Yeah, sure, her brother was right there but it sounded like a sanctuary team reference to me, and it did.not sit right. Could be just me though.)

So, yeah. As a stand alone ep? Good fun. Airing order? Complete miss.
                you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

I have to say this, this episode would have done better later on down the road, but as it stands it was good, a little forced in places,but i am happy with it.

The opening credits were awesome. i like how they added Henry and john to the last picture..... still a little iffy on Kate being there but what the hey.

i liked the big lizard insect thing... that was kewl.

all in all the eppy should have come later on.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kv0921
                    Yes everyone hates that they killed Ashley but Ask yourself. Does Anyone Really Die in Sci-fi? I mean come on Really do they? People are not watching the show anymore because of them killing Ashley.
                    No, that's true. Nobody ever really dies in SF. But you're missing the fact that she's not on the show right now. She might be back next week for all I know (and I don't know because I stay unspoiled as much as possible) but she's not here on my TV screen right here and right now, so that's what I'm judging the show by. I don't judge shows by what might happen in the future.

Having said that, I watch way too much TV to get too bent out of shape over the comings and goings of one character on one show. So it's fine, whatever. All I know is that with Ashley gone and the super annoying Kate on the show, Sanctuary has gone from a must watch on Friday night to something I catch on my DVR sometime Sat or Sunday. Which is still pretty good, there are some shows it takes me a week to get around to watching.

Originally posted by kv0921
                    Dont Knock something unless you try it, Dont Judge People that you know little to none about.
                    I've seen enough to know she's a Han Solo / rogue / thief class chaotic or whatever they call them in Dungeons and Dragons. That's not my cup of tea for a character type. My God, how often do we see this character type on TV shows? Sawyer from Lost, Vala from SG1, that hawt chick from Lone Gunmen, Big Baldwin from Firefly, blah blah blah. They all start out buck wild, face their past a couple times, prove themselves a couple times, come in handy a lot because of their mad thief skillz, backslide once and are forgiven, make you think they've backslide once or twice, and in three seasons they're all respectable and stuff. I've seen this all before and it's tedious.

But I agree with you on one point, even the most annoying character can become likeable with good enough writing. 24 did it in one episode with Ryan Chappelle. One episode. And Sanctuary has great writers, so I'll be patient. We'll see.

Originally posted by Line Noise View Post
                    Anyone else notice the back of the comic book at the end of the episode? It looked like an ad for something called "SPACEDOOR". :-) Stargate reference you think?
                    Nice catch! I didn't notice that.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    dislikes:
                    the jump in time to show us the comic book.
                    I agree. I don't like those kind of time jump epilogues in TV shows, they always bounce me because I start overthinking it and wondering if the next week's episode happens in between the two moments. Even a show like House doing it bugged me in that episode about the photographer.

Originally posted by DaxFlowLyfe View Post
                    Independent low budget movies have better wire work that that,
                    I make independent low budget movies for a living and ... no we don't have better wire work than that. LMFAO However, I do agree with you, their SPFX has seemed weaker this year for some reason. Which is odd because they had what, nine months between seasons? That should be enough time to get it right. I wonder if their budget got slashed as part of their renewel?
                    “When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy.”
                    ~ Jack Hardy

Comment

Originally posted by CarnalPIE View Post
                      I make independent low budget movies for a living and ... no we don't have better wire work than that. LMFAO However, I do agree with you, their SPFX has seemed weaker this year for some reason. Which is odd because they had what, nine months between seasons? That should be enough time to get it right. I wonder if their budget got slashed as part of their renewel?
                      or they're using it for those monsters we're seeing, while the backgrounds are taking a hit.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        no one really seemed to care a rat's behind about ashley until she was offed.
                        Certainly not to this extent and with this level of passion, no. I find this point quite interesting, actually. *ponders*
                        you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Pretty fun ep. I'd rate it "okay". Enjoyed it though it didn't wow me. Plenty of fun moments though. I was very glad Ashley is still pictured in the title sequence.
                          I particularly liked Kate's story. And Helen's smile when Will couldn't stand the egg fluid.
                          Whoever wrote the "meanwhile... months later" text needs a rap on the knuckles, that makes no sense!
                          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Speaking for myself only, I've always been an Ashley fan. Just not as loud about it as I should have been apparently. Now I wish I had been.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                              Pretty fun ep. I'd rate it "okay". Enjoyed it though it didn't wow me. Plenty of fun moments though. I was very glad Ashley is still pictured in the title sequence.
                              I particularly liked Kate's story. And Helen's smile when Will couldn't stand the egg fluid.

I like the whole keeping Ashley's folder and the addition of Henry's to the mix... lol!!

Oh yes and his near vomits fest at the egg goo was hilarious
                              sigpic

Comment

seems like there gonna keep doing the multi-cam in every episode now =/.

was good in the car chase scene in the first 2 episodes, but now its just getting a bit annoying.

I didnt mind this episode though, little strange, bit more comical then the last 3 i suppose.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X