No announcement yet.

Hero (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the tiling but I can understand why some don't like it. I'm curious, what is it that you don't like about it?

I've noticed that they are experimenting with it's use and sometimes i think it is used brilliantly and other times not very well. This episode it was so so, nothing really caught my eye as being really well done but by the same token nothing was badly done. Kinda like how the whole episode was for me.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by ljscott View Post
      Speaking for myself only, I've always been an Ashley fan. Just not as loud about it as I should have been apparently. Now I wish I had been.
      Me too. I figured since she was the main characters freakin daughter, and the fact that AT said one of Helen's biggest fears was to lose Ashley, I did not have to jump up and down and say how great she was.

I was busy pushing Tesle and hoping to see Watson again. Had I known that her head was on the block, as it were, I would have been more voiced about it.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
      Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

A bit of an odd episode I felt considering it comes immediately after eulogy. I was kinda hoping we'd still see Magnus in quite a dark place and not trusting Kate. But all in all it was still a pretty good ep. In fact it impressed me with how they managed to make the ludicrous idea of a guy, turned super hero via a bug suit actually very entertaining.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by DaxFlowLyfe View Post
          I honestly cant watch this show anymore.

I watched the webisodes and all of season 1 and it was entertaining.
          But it seems the special FX (if you can even call it that) are getting worse and more and more ridiculous with every episode.

Its one thing to have HORRIBLE effects, its another thing to keep using it as if it isnt horrible.

1. that fairy guy last episode, REALLY!? I almost spit out my food i was eating when i saw that, it was ridiculous and i was just stunned at how horrible it was, so i just blanked it out as if it never happened, but they bring him back later for an extended appearance and it just had to stop watching.

2. This week i decided ill give this show another chance, then this superhero guy. wow... Firstly they want us to believe his suit is made of parasites.. ITS MADE OF FELT and it bends like its made of felt!!! PLUS HOW DO YOU STICH A "V" LOGO INTO PARASITES!?!?

And finally the flying parts, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? thats the worst wire work ive ever seen in my life! Independent low budget movies have better wire work that that, and when he fly's into the sky, they basically just take a picture of him and made it go up and fade away.
          Will running away form the big bug looked really lame. I think its their biggest flaw is when a character has to run. They should have a real floor when someone runs LOL

But the bad wire work, no it was suppose to be like that cos the dude couldnt fly. It was the bugs. Plus he looked really heavy lol

And it was an A not a V. The Adjuster Which could've been glued.

Comment

[QUOTE=DaxFlowLyfe;10778465]I honestly cant watch this show anymore.

2. This week i decided ill give this show another chance, then this superhero guy. wow... Firstly they want us to believe his suit is made of parasites.. ITS MADE OF FELT and it bends like its made of felt!!! PLUS HOW DO YOU STICH A "V" LOGO INTO PARASITES!?!?

QUOTE]

Nobody sticht a V Logo into Parasites he wished for this suit. He wanted it to look like that. In the beginning I was like "wtf why would a parasite look like a superhero-suit?" but towards the end I was like "oh okay thats why". Maybe the mention something about the suit on the podcast.

I liked the episode.....but I do agree that it was sad that nobody mentioned Ashley or what happend to Nikola, John and most important to Dana.
            The scene with the x-ray view...LMAO^^
            SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

Well personally I like this episode, if not for the main stories really, an there were three of them.

But I like how we actually seeing more Sanctuary personnel, an that Helen decided to bring in some muscle the old city Sanctuary. It was always hinted that she had access to these resources in the first season, it nice to actually see it on screen this season. Hopefully we see more of it.

I am not about the Cabal being so easily defeated, it seem like to me that they went away a bit to quickly, this is a organisation that the Sanctuary did not even know existed until few months ago an it already destroyed. I am hoping it not as damage has they are making it out to be.

I actually like Kate an her character in the show. An of cause Magnus knew what happen in the lab, she probably knew about Constantine trying to get into the abnormal business an probably knew she would have to take care of him eventually an was more than happy when Kate did the job for her. I like the like about her not being up for sale. I am sure she will be on the market later through.

Actually not mentioning her daughter made sense to me, she the kind of women who knows what her mission in life is an probably focusing on that at the moment. Of cause ignoring those emotions an concentrating on work never solves the problem but it also better constantly dwelling on something that cannot be change will cause more harm than good. I would rather they gave her a few episodes then bring back those emotions, which seem much more real than constantly crying about it.

Comment

The episode had it's funny moments for me and it was okay for what it was, I just think that a one off humor episode might have been better off down the road a bit. They could have kept the part about Kate, as it was relevant to her acceptance into the Sanctuary by Helen, but I think the episode should have been a little less silly and a little more serious than it was.

Perhaps some mention of Ashley, maybe something happens and Helen says "send Ashley to take care of it" and then realizing Ashley's not there anymore and perhaps a pause then move on. This would have been very realistic imo. In my personal experience and that of others I've talked to, it's a very normal thing to have happen.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Line Noise View Post
                  Anyone else notice the back of the comic book at the end of the episode? It looked like an ad for something called "SPACEDOOR". :-) Stargate reference you think?
                  I didn't notice that. I'll have to go back and check.

Two funny moments that made me laugh, the reference to the casualties at Renaissance Fair re-enactments and the use of the hockey gloves.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                    I love the tiling but I can understand why some don't like it. I'm curious, what is it that you don't like about it?

I've noticed that they are experimenting with it's use and sometimes i think it is used brilliantly and other times not very well. This episode it was so so, nothing really caught my eye as being really well done but by the same token nothing was badly done. Kinda like how the whole episode was for me.
                    I find the tiling annoying as it takes me out of the story. One minute I'm following the characters, and the next I'm having to scan through three different scenes to keep up with what's going on. I'm so worried I'm missing something important that I lose the flow of the story.
                    Maybe I just need things kept simple for me.

I found Hero a wee bit jarring after all the angst of the last three episodes. Perhaps a comic episode would have been better a little later in the schedule.

I liked the idea of the bugs being the suit, and laughed at the looks from Helen and Will at the x-ray vision statement.

I missed there being any mention of Ashley, and it looks like everyone else is now splitting parts of her 'job' between them.

Will doing wheelies was just stupid, to me. Since when does he ride a bike?

I agree with others that Biggie looked strange, and I guess CH wasn't available.

I still don't like Kate, and find her too clichéd a character.

Overall I would have enjoyed this episode more if it had come later in the series. As it was, it was okay, but not one of their better episodes.
                    Last edited by dipsofjazz; 01 November 2009, 10:09 AM. Reason: typo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge300491 View Post
                      seems like there gonna keep doing the multi-cam in every episode now =/.

was good in the car chase scene in the first 2 episodes, but now its just getting a bit annoying.

I didnt mind this episode though, little strange, bit more comical then the last 3 i suppose.
                      Yeah... split screen has got to go....

Bu the eppy would ave done better later on down the road. right now it seemed.... idk... just out of place.
                      sigpic

Comment

I quite liked the episode myself. It could never live up to the epic heights of the first 3 but it was showing a moving on. The team did their mourning for Ashley in episode 3 and I think this was more showing that life in the Sanctuary has to go on.

I also don't think it would have been right for Helen to be actively mourning. Deep in her heart of hearts I still don't think she entirely believes Ashley is gone...

Kate's story was interesting and I'm glad they kept her morally grey. She actively murdered a man after all. Helen I think had a suspicion as to what went on but since she couldn't prove anything, decided to go with trying to make Kate better than punish her. She clearly sees potential. I just hope they never make Kate too good.

I loved Declan's involvement and I think it makes a certain kind of sense that they'll have assistance from other Sanctuaries consider the bulk of the work seems to be on them at the moment.

Oh and on a completely shallow note, Henry looked somehow very hot when he was doing all the tests to try and remove the suit
                        sigpic
                        by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post

Oh and on a completely shallow note, Henry looked somehow very hot when he was doing all the tests to try and remove the suit

He did. i loved how nothing worked on that suit.... lol!! But good ole Henry kept trying. hehe
                          sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=sweetviviane;10779902]
                            Originally posted by DaxFlowLyfe View Post
                            I

I liked the episode.....but I do agree that it was sad that nobody mentioned Ashley or what happend to Nikola, John and most important to Dana.
                            The scene with the x-ray view...LMAO^^
                            This wasn't the orginial episode that was supposed to follow up after Eulogy. The actor who play Nikola, can't remember his name at this moment, had prior commitments and wasn't available until later in the season. Or at least that what I heard.
                            sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post

This wasn't the orginial episode that was supposed to follow up after Eulogy. The actor who play Nikola, can't remember his name at this moment, had prior commitments and wasn't available until later in the season. Or at least that what I heard.

At east we get to see his eppy later on down the road. For right now this was a nice bit of levity to take our minds off the sadness of what happened to Ash.
                              sigpic

Comment

I doubt the split screen is going to go away this season as it's probably pretty much edited already, so we probably need to get used to it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X