• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat-Man vs Bugzilla was the cheeisest thing I ahve ever saw

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      And the Kate story line...well I'm still not sure about how I feel about Kate, but they did try to show how she is changing. I just wonder about her feeding the bad guy to the 'creature'. Wouldn't that be considered murder? And if Helen knew about it (like it seems she knows everything that happens at the Sancturay) would she really condone that? I mean Helen was willing to kill the parasitic abnormal that was killing Walter, to save Walter even though she didn't like having to kill it. This part just sat wrong with me I know he was the bad guy, but there were many other things that could have been done (less deadly abnormals) than to have someone eaten
      Taking this out there, maybe killing this guy save her (Kate) the trouble of having to deal with him again in the future and saving her brother from further retaliation; yes I considered it murder but “justifiable” in some sort of way.

Helen; assuming she did know, (I think she did) accepted it as something that couldn’t be reverse nor for that acceptable, lest be bold; she knows firsthand what an enemy can do to you or your love ones; in this case all her abnormals could have been threaten;(reason enough to keep him in a cell but they could not do that) if the guy had been allowed to go free he would have cause havoc in the future so she just accepted as right what Kate did (dark Helen showing there) certain one was allow to go but that guy was more scare than nothing so maybe there was no really any harm on letting him go free.

As per the abnormal feeding from Walter and sucking his life away was not acceptable, they didn’t know the abnormal motives for doing just that but it was threatening a human life, “the cause justified the means” exchanging an innocent life for one that was doing harm, just as in the case of the abnormal they were chasing.

Sorry JMOP
      sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
        Taking this out there, maybe killing this guy save her (Kate) the trouble of having to deal with him again in the future and saving her brother from further retaliation; yes I considered it murder but “justifiable” in some sort of way.

Helen; assuming she did know, (I think she did) accepted it as something that couldn’t be reverse nor for that acceptable, lest be bold; she knows firsthand what an enemy can do to you or your love ones; in this case all her abnormals could have been threaten;(reason enough to keep him in a cell but they could not do that) if the guy had been allowed to go free he would have cause havoc in the future so she just accepted as right what Kate did (dark Helen showing there) certain one was allow to go but that guy was more scare than nothing so maybe there was no really any harm on letting him go free.

As per the abnormal feeding from Walter and sucking his life away was not acceptable, they didn’t know the abnormal motives for doing just that but it was threatening a human life, “the cause justified the means” exchanging an innocent life for one that was doing harm, just as in the case of the abnormal they were chasing.

Sorry JMOP
        All opinions welcome, so no need to be sorry
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I so agree with many of the comments here too..I think the episode was way to light and gitty after such a emotionally draining past 3 episodes. My thought is that they could of just hinted that Magnus was in solice for a couple of weeks in her room, at least to let people know she did mourn for that period of time. Then start the hero episode. It was just to sudden to be laughing about and all...I mean it was daughter for crying out loud...I"ll use Helen's words "She was her LIFE"......they really needed to place this ep. somewhere else in the season, not right after Eulogy.

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
          Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            And the Kate story line...well I'm still not sure about how I feel about Kate, but they did try to show how she is changing. I just wonder about her feeding the bad guy to the 'creature'. Wouldn't that be considered murder? And if Helen knew about it (like it seems she knows everything that happens at the Sancturay) would she really condone that? I mean Helen was willing to kill the parasitic abnormal that was killing Walter, to save Walter even though she didn't like having to kill it. This part just sat wrong with me I know he was the bad guy, but there were many other things that could have been done (less deadly abnormals) than to have someone eaten
            That brings up an interesting question. It seems like, while she'd prefer to capture them alive, Helen doesn't have too much of a problem killing threatening abnormals, like the crypt monsters from Fata Morgana.

But have we seen her kill threatening humans? I mean, she threatened but didn't kill the fight club guy from Warriors, and she seemed to disapprove of Druitt and Tesla handling the Cabal by killing all of them. So would Helen really have condoned Kate's handling that mob guy by just killing him? I'm not sure...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              we don't need to dwell on ash's death...but you know, since a motor cycle was involved, a tiny shot of two bikes parked outside the sanctuary, with a third one there with ash's helmet hanging off the side...that's all it woulda taken.
              I like it.
              Originally posted by staceyde View Post
              I so agree with many of the comments here too..I think the episode was way to light and gitty after such a emotionally draining past 3 episodes. My thought is that they could of just hinted that Magnus was in solice for a couple of weeks in her room, at least to let people know she did mourn for that period of time. Then start the hero episode. It was just to sudden to be laughing about and all...I mean it was daughter for crying out loud...I"ll use Helen's words "She was her LIFE"......they really needed to place this ep. somewhere else in the season, not right after Eulogy.
              Maybe show Helen making an effort to join in with the lightheartedness but not quite being there yet. She knows she should get back to business but can't quite put her full mind and emotions there yet.

Comment

I liked it. It was a funny ep, the story worked for me. and I'm really digging Declon (sp), I wish he was the new addition!

But just as I feared, a funny ep after Ash death, didnt work!
                Perhaps if Pavor Noturnus had been nr 4 and this nr 5.

Oh and Magnus sure warmed up to Kate real fast.

Is it just me or did the Big Guy look different? Was it CH playing him?Its wasnt just the hair LOL
                Oh and Will sure learned out to ride a bike really fast and really well
                Last edited by kes; 31 October 2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Anyone else notice the back of the comic book at the end of the episode? It looked like an ad for something called "SPACEDOOR". :-) Stargate reference you think?

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                    What's up with the 'funny' episode so soon after Ashley's demise?
                    Since when is Helen into kidnapping innocent citizens (the hero)?
                    Vala-wannabe still gets on my nerves
                    And I still don't like the split screen technique that Martin seems to be so fond of.
                    Agreed to all. Just such a let down.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                    Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by kv0921
                      People are going to have there opinons, Honestly everyone is intitled to them but I have seen my fair share of bashing charectors they dont even know properly to bash like Kate Freelander, We all know the real reason people are bashing her is because Shes the new kick ass girl in replace of Ashley Magnus. This season is where Kate Grows and I hated Kate Freelander During End of Nights Part 1, She became okay after Part Two of End of Nights.

Yes everyone hates that they killed Ashley but Ask yourself. Does Anyone Really Die in Sci-fi? I mean come on Really do they? People are not watching the show anymore because of them killing Ashley. That is there choice but give it a chance. Sanctuary never ceases to amaze me and beyond the 'death' of Ashley is a great season with stories that need to be told and need fans like us to watch it. If you dont already know there is a storyline planned for season three involving our much loved bag and tag em girl.

Dont Knock something unless you try it, Dont Judge People that you know little to none about. Especially Dont Judge a show entirely on a charector that was killed off especially if its Sci-fi i mean come on. She isnt dead shes just in the multiverse.

Thats my Doctor Phil moment of the day.
                      i agree.

no one really seemed to care a rat's behind about ashley until she was offed. having read the replies on scifi wire (two different topic/posts re ashley), i find some unbelievably wtf responses. where was the love 'before' the character died? maybe if she'd been a fan fave, she wouldn't have been chosen to be offed.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        i agree.

no one really seemed to care a rat's behind about ashley until she was offed. having read the replies on scifi wire (two different topic/posts re ashley), i find some unbelievably wtf responses. where was the love 'before' the character died? maybe if she'd been a fan fave, she wouldn't have been chosen to be offed.
                        Maybe it's just that we never expected such a major character and unfinished storyline to be killed off. We didn't know we had to talk her up.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          Maybe it's just that we never expected such a major character and unfinished storyline to be killed off. We didn't know we had to talk her up.
                          i also think i'm coming off reading some really stupid and lame butt responses on scifi wire... i should prob leave that place alone.

i've *always* loved the mother/daughter relationship of sanctuary, but it was mostly what i wanted it to be, not what was shown. but it's not over for that storyline until the show's over.

but 'hero' *needed* a moment of grief from helen. that's my only real gripe. (maybe i should go to scif wire now and stomp my feet)

onto other things about the ep -

nice scene where hero guy put his hand up on the glass, and the creatures followed suit. nice symbiotic love affair.

i'm glad kate killed off the jerk. he would have never stopped. but i'm more glad she chose sanctuary.

loved helen officially bringing her in.

neat super hero suit.

i laughed when wil was complaining about being hurt (while bigfoot was soothing his owied head), but i when he said he'd go and cough up blood or something.

cute lines through out.

dislikes:
                          the jump in time to show us the comic book.

too funny after ashley's death, with no mourning moments.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            i also think i'm coming off reading some really stupid and lame butt responses on scifi wire... i should prob leave that place alone.

i've *always* loved the mother/daughter relationship of sanctuary, but it was mostly what i wanted it to be, not what was shown. but it's not over for that storyline until the show's over.

but 'hero' *needed* a moment of grief from helen. that's my only real gripe. (maybe i should go to scif wire now and stomp my feet)

onto other things about the ep -

nice scene where hero guy put his hand up on the glass, and the creatures followed suit. nice symbiotic love affair.

i'm glad kate killed off the jerk. he would have never stopped. but i'm more glad she chose sanctuary.

loved helen officially bringing her in.

neat super hero suit.

i laughed when wil was complaining about being hurt (while bigfoot was soothing his owied head), but i when he said he'd go and cough up blood or something.

cute lines through out.

dislikes:
                            the jump in time to show us the comic book.

too funny after ashley's death, with no mourning moments.
                            I actually I think they did that (and used the font they did) to make the episode look a comic book; as they have said before Sanctuary is supposed to have graphic novel look to it. This time they included a comic book look
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

it's possible that Constantine has been a thorn in Helen's side, exploiting, murdering abbys to sell thier parts, so helen didn't mind him dying

she seems to have that philosophy...i won't kill the pest, but if i happen to see someone threatening to kill said pest, i'm not obligated to stop them if it makes my life easier to let them be
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                That's not correct, it was ep 5 the Tesla ep that got switched, Hero was always slotted here.

So...

A request to Damian & Co : please do not waste one of a short season of 13 episodes on an obligatory "funny" episode every season.

Seriously.

DON'T

I went in to this episode with no expectations, a good thing really because I found it quite mediocre. There were some good parts and I thought the concept of the suit was quite good but overall - meh (not even Meh just meh). It was OK to watch once but... I'm adding to my list of not gonna watch again episodes (Warriors now has company).

Way to go team! No mention of Ashley
                                I disagree. I think there should be at least 1 funny episode a season, it lightens things up, and and it gives us a good laugh. And from what I've seen in the trailer for next week, it looks amazing.

Look at SG-1, they had funny episodes.

Originally posted by kv0921
                                People are going to have there opinons, Honestly everyone is intitled to them but I have seen my fair share of bashing charectors they dont even know properly to bash like Kate Freelander, We all know the real reason people are bashing her is because Shes the new kick ass girl in replace of Ashley Magnus. This season is where Kate Grows and I hated Kate Freelander During End of Nights Part 1, She became okay after Part Two of End of Nights.

Yes everyone hates that they killed Ashley but Ask yourself. Does Anyone Really Die in Sci-fi? I mean come on Really do they? People are not watching the show anymore because of them killing Ashley. That is there choice but give it a chance. Sanctuary never ceases to amaze me and beyond the 'death' of Ashley is a great season with stories that need to be told and need fans like us to watch it. If you dont already know there is a storyline planned for season three involving our much loved bag and tag em girl.

Dont Knock something unless you try it, Dont Judge People that you know little to none about. Especially Dont Judge a show entirely on a charector that was killed off especially if its Sci-fi i mean come on. She isnt dead shes just in the multiverse.

Thats my Doctor Phil moment of the day.
                                I agree, we shouldn't bash anyone unless we know for sure who she is. And as for the bolded parts, I know of used MS/Daniel as examples before, but there's also PM/Carson from SGA, he died near the end of S3 and came back in S4.

All I'm saying is, wait until this is season over, or watch a little more of it then make up your minds.
                                Last edited by Rocky89; 31 October 2009, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X