Into the Black (320)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
    At the end of the episode, Helen enters the 1800's wearing her present day clothing... so I'm assuming by this there are now two Helen's in the 1800's.
    Given Helen's stoic stance of not changing the past for fear of what it will change in the future ... Just the fact that she is there changes the future. Therefore, I'm hoping it's more than a cat/mouse game through history between present day Helen/ Adam before they push the reset button. Given her physician side to help save lives, I would like to see her wrestle with saving someone, knowing she has the ability to do it vs. letting them die... whether she follows through or not ... just seeing the dilemma would be interesting insight to the character.
    Having Henry and Tesla working together on Adam's machine - I'm betting they will be able to figure out how to bring Helen back. LOL or go back to the past to bring her home ... but having Future Tesla in the past is a scary thought
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    or she kills adam, but not before he treats imogene. helen goes to the future and either doesn't know or can't kill a child and then deals with the fallout of a changed future
    of course, saving imogene is what drove adam's quest to figure out time travel. if imogene survives then all his time stuff likely won't happen...so maybe if imogene lives helen will have to make sure she doesn't...or maybe adam's cure doesn't work thus proving that there might be a bit of 'fate' and 'destiny' in it all
    I agree...I think we'll see two Helen's and two Adam's in 1898...either way I still think this time travel thing will have ramifications for the future...if Helen or Adam saves Imogene, will she bring a positive or negative reaction to the future timeline?
    If anything happens to Adam in the past it will affect the present future...this is the beauty of sci fi!
    All this talk of time travel is haunting me...woke up this morning, turned the telly on just as a military dude said something on the news about "the timeline"...I didn't hear anything else.
    cock a doodle doo
    ahem
    *splash*
    You know I didn't think anything of the name until you lot started talking about it.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

a pesky swollen male chicken?
      Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
      Brings a whole new meaning to "swelling up like a rooster".
      I get the name, but this now I dont get at all.

Seems like my head hasnt been in the gutter enough.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Coxwell sounds like s name from a bad pr0n movie
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Coxwell sounds like s name from a bad pr0n movie
          Still better then 2girls1cup.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

From Twitter
            @GateworldRocky: I uploaded a @YouTube video -- #InnerSpace Talks About #Sanctuary (Into The Black) With @damiankindler http://bit.ly/jLuWog

Comment

It is a real name.
              Coxwell is a station on the Bloor–Danforth line of the subway system in Toronto, Canada. The official address is 1568 Danforth Avenue but it is located on Strathmore Boulevard just east of Coxwell Avenue. It was opened in 1966.

This station is used as a switchover point for eastbound subway operators changing their shift, causing a slight delay while the crew is changed.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coxwell_%28TTC%29

i don't get it, and i've got a dirty mind
              Unfortunately, if you have a dirty mind it sounds like an erection.

Comment

then yes, I do have a dirty mind

and that poor lieutenant musta been teased unmercifully his whole life

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                  At the end of the episode, Helen enters the 1800's wearing her present day clothing... so I'm assuming by this there are now two Helen's in the 1800's.

Given Helen's stoic stance of not changing the past for fear of what it will change in the future ... Just the fact that she is there changes the future. Therefore, I'm hoping it's more than a cat/mouse game through history between present day Helen/ Adam before they push the reset button. Given her physician side to help save lives, I would like to see her wrestle with saving someone, knowing she has the ability to do it vs. letting them die... whether she follows through or not ... just seeing the dilemma would be interesting insight to the character.

Having Henry and Tesla working together on Adam's machine - I'm betting they will be able to figure out how to bring Helen back. LOL or go back to the past to bring her home ... but having Future Tesla in the past is a scary thought

Agreed.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                  Finally found time to watch the episode and wow, I haven't been that surprised by finale ending in a while. Wasn't at all expecting the time travel stuff, but it'll be very interesting to see how the show handles Helen in 1898 and how they plan on getting her back to the present.

Overall I thought it was a very good finale, I like how the various dangling threads of the season (Adam, Praxis, the UN lady, Carentan, etc) all kinda came together, and the global implications of the Hollow Earth invasion should be interesting. I wonder if, as Henry suggested, it may lead to the Sanctuary network coming out to the public to an extent. I find it hard to believe the UN, Sanctuary etc will be able to cover up an event of this magnitude. The only really weak part of the ep for me was the stuff with the Edge. I thought he looked the part of a leader and did a fair job with the role, but the fight with Will just seemed kinda silly and unnecessary. I'd rather have seen more with Kate and Garrus or Biggie interacting with the abnormals.

re Helen and Druitt, both of their actions made sense to me, and I think Helen was quite sincere in her rejection of Druitt. She's given her heart to the Sanctuary network for the past century and Druitt's basically saying that he wants to undo her life's work. While romantic in a way, I think Helen is right in saying that it's not really love, it's more obsession. If Helen wouldn't give up the network to save Ashley, I highly doubt she'd give it up for another chance with Druitt.

I also think Druitt trusting Adam and getting played a second time was the last straw for Helen. He put his own personal desires above the safety of the entire world, and I don't think that's something Helen would tolerate.

Oh, that could be really interesting, Helen forced to either kill Imogene or let her die in order to preserve the timeline. Even in the short term if Adam didn't lose Imogene he might not have gone on his crime spree, which prompted the deal the King made with the Five and allowed for the long-term future of the Sanctuary network.

Thank goodness we've only about a 4 months wait for the next season instead of the usually 8! Can't wait for S4.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Apologies for the double post but the GW nubbins are not letting me MQ or even get to the end of Evenstar's quote.

I agree with most of what you said and will just add a couple of points.

I also liked the way the ending tied all the various threads together but I am a wee bit concerned that the UN will become the equivalent of NID in Stargate. Not a big fan of that storyline so I hope it is not a big part of Sanctuary's future.

I agree with your comments regarding Helen and John. I did not find her reaction at all surprising.

I also agree with the stuff about The Edge. Isn't it ironic that Syfy wanted a tie-in to wrestling yet by the time the ep aired they had moved Sanctuary to Monday? So much for holding the Friday night wrestling crowd. Absolutely no point in the fight between Will and the wrestler.

I agree with those who think there is a tie to Adam and the abnormals who have come from Hollow Earth. It explains why they would revolt so quickly.

Really looking forward to the start of season 4! Can't wait to see helen in Victorian England.

Have to laugh at all the comments regarding solving the problem and the time line. I'm sure solving this one gave the writers headaches!

I was away on the weekend so just saw the episode quickly last night. I'll have to add more once I have a chance to properly watch the ep.

Comment

yeah, the stuff with Edge was just so clumsy and screamed - to me - how much he was dictated to be in the show...and I wonder if the will/thelo fight was even network demanded

Just what you expect when you deal with network demanded stunt casting (which, like you said, went totally unnoticed because of them moving the show. IMHO, they wanted to tease the wrestling crowd they should have done it earlier in the series, not at the end)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        Apologies for the double post but the GW nubbins are not letting me MQ or even get to the end of Evenstar's quote.

I agree with most of what you said and will just add a couple of points.

I also liked the way the ending tied all the various threads together but I am a wee bit concerned that the UN will become the equivalent of NID in Stargate. Not a big fan of that storyline so I hope it is not a big part of Sanctuary's future.
                        Yeah, I'm hoping they don't draw out the Sanctuary vs. UN/LDC turf battle. I think Hangover showed that Dr. Lee is open to the Sanctuary's way of doing things, so perhaps she'll come to side with them against Villinova.

I also agree with the stuff about The Edge. Isn't it ironic that Syfy wanted a tie-in to wrestling yet by the time the ep aired they had moved Sanctuary to Monday? So much for holding the Friday night wrestling crowd. Absolutely no point in the fight between Will and the wrestler.
                        I thought he did a serviceable job as the Hollow Earth people's leader, but the fight felt a little too much like pandering to wrestling fans. Like Sky, I do wonder if Edge's involvement included a note that he needed to fight someone.

I agree with those who think there is a tie to Adam and the abnormals who have come from Hollow Earth. It explains why they would revolt so quickly.
                        I believe Henry discovered in Adam's notes that he'd been meeting with various Hollow Earth tribes, including Thelo, so I think it's safe to say that Adam probably planned the whole invasion. He basically used them to distract that Sanctuary/UN enough so that he could finish his plan almost unnoticed.

Really looking forward to the start of season 4! Can't wait to see helen in Victorian England.

Have to laugh at all the comments regarding solving the problem and the time line. I'm sure solving this one gave the writers headaches!
                        Heh, I wonder if DK 'made' AM write them out of the corner again like he did this season with Kali 3.

I'm kinda hoping they don't resolve it the S4 opener, though that's probably what'll happen. I thought it was quite cool and daring for Fringe to spend part of their season going back and forth between two universes, so I think it'd be neat if Sanctuary did the same with the past and present storylines, at least for a few episodes.

sigpic

Comment

I would love to see Helen trapped in the past for more than one episode! I want to see more of Watson and this is a way we can. Also maybe Adam was wrong in what year they were going to. There's so many possibilities that I really hope it doesn't get wrapped up quickly.
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I'd love to see her spend 2-3 episodes in the past before she can fix it and get to the future.

with a 13 episode season, I don't think we will, but I'd love to see her solve a problem without computers etc. (flashing back to her issues with carentan)

sigpic

Comment

yeah, the stuff with Edge was just so clumsy and screamed - to me - how much he was dictated to be in the show...and I wonder if the will/thelo fight was even network demanded

Just what you expect when you deal with network demanded stunt casting (which, like you said, went totally unnoticed because of them moving the show. IMHO, they wanted to tease the wrestling crowd they should have done it earlier in the series, not at the end)
                              You may be right about the fight, that it was part of the deal.

Was OOC for Will to suddenly get involved in the fight, his job is to talk.

The wrestler was OK but it struck me on the rewatch that all wrestlers are really acting to a large degree and his role was similar to his "role" in the ring, that is, he was agitating and fighting.

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                              I would love to see Helen trapped in the past for more than one episode! I want to see more of Watson and this is a way we can. Also maybe Adam was wrong in what year they were going to. There's so many possibilities that I really hope it doesn't get wrapped up quickly.
                              I'd love to see her spend 2-3 episodes in the past before she can fix it and get to the future.

with a 13 episode season, I don't think we will, but I'd love to see her solve a problem without computers etc. (flashing back to her issues with carentan)
                              I agree with both of you. That would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                                re Helen and Druitt, both of their actions made sense to me, and I think Helen was quite sincere in her rejection of Druitt. She's given her heart to the Sanctuary network for the past century and Druitt's basically saying that he wants to undo her life's work. While romantic in a way, I think Helen is right in saying that it's not really love, it's more obsession. If Helen wouldn't give up the network to save Ashley, I highly doubt she'd give it up for another chance with Druitt.

I also think Druitt trusting Adam and getting played a second time was the last straw for Helen. He put his own personal desires above the safety of the entire world, and I don't think that's something Helen would tolerate.

Thank goodness we've only about a 4 months wait for the next season instead of the usually 8! Can't wait for S4.
                                Can't green ya, but excellent points as usual.

Comment

Working...
                                X