No announcement yet.

Into the Black (320)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on a very much less serious note....the lotus defense corp lieutenant...lt coxwell

someone's idea of a joke? or have i been paddling around in the gutter too long?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I noticed that too Maybe it's just my (our?) infantile toilet humour or I spent too much time reading Dickens at school but I'm always on the lookout for naughty / silly names!
      "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        on a very much less serious note....the lotus defense corp lieutenant...lt coxwell

someone's idea of a joke? or have i been paddling around in the gutter too long?
        I think it's cogswell

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
          Yeah I noticed that too Maybe it's just my (our?) infantile toilet humour or I spent too much time reading Dickens at school but I'm always on the lookout for naughty / silly names!
          i don't get it, and i've got a dirty mind
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
            I think it's cogswell
            it showed up as coxwell in the subtitles and coxswell in the wiki site

sigpic

Comment

Yes.

sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

it showed up as coxwell in the subtitles and coxswell in the wiki site
                Never trust wiki, you know that Sky.

Ask Damian. I double-dog dare ya.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

not trusting wiki is why i think i got it as coxwell in the transcript.

heck, the wiki site had Franz Kobra (I was having gi joe flashbacks for a few minutes)

I tend to go with the subtitle spellings

it's amazing what they'll have in there, but also what's missing. In out of the blue, they put in 'george' on the other side of the phone, which you couldn't even hear on the episode, but didn't put in the PA chatter in out of the black.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    Never trust wiki, you know that Sky.

Ask Damian. I double-dog dare ya.
                    you should know better than to dare me

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i don't get it, and i've got a dirty mind
                      If you separate the syllables of "Coxwell" you get "swell" as the 2nd syllable and.. erm... something else as the 1st :O
                      "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

you should know better than to dare me
                        Nice way to put it, Sky. Hope he answers.
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
                          If you separate the syllables of "Coxwell" you get "swell" as the 2nd syllable and.. erm... something else as the 1st :O
                          a pesky swollen male chicken?

sigpic

Comment

Brings a whole new meaning to "swelling up like a rooster".

Comment

cock a doodle doo

ahem

sigpic

Comment

Finally found time to watch the episode and wow, I haven't been that surprised by finale ending in a while. Wasn't at all expecting the time travel stuff, but it'll be very interesting to see how the show handles Helen in 1898 and how they plan on getting her back to the present.

Overall I thought it was a very good finale, I like how the various dangling threads of the season (Adam, Praxis, the UN lady, Carentan, etc) all kinda came together, and the global implications of the Hollow Earth invasion should be interesting. I wonder if, as Henry suggested, it may lead to the Sanctuary network coming out to the public to an extent. I find it hard to believe the UN, Sanctuary etc will be able to cover up an event of this magnitude.

The only really weak part of the ep for me was the stuff with the Edge. I thought he looked the part of a leader and did a fair job with the role, but the fight with Will just seemed kinda silly and unnecessary. I'd rather have seen more with Kate and Garrus or Biggie interacting with the abnormals.

re Helen and Druitt, both of their actions made sense to me, and I think Helen was quite sincere in her rejection of Druitt. She's given her heart to the Sanctuary network for the past century and Druitt's basically saying that he wants to undo her life's work. While romantic in a way, I think Helen is right in saying that it's not really love, it's more obsession. If Helen wouldn't give up the network to save Ashley, I highly doubt she'd give it up for another chance with Druitt.

I also think Druitt trusting Adam and getting played a second time was the last straw for Helen. He put his own personal desires above the safety of the entire world, and I don't think that's something Helen would tolerate.

or she kills adam, but not before he treats imogene. helen goes to the future and either doesn't know or can't kill a child and then deals with the fallout of a changed future

of course, saving imogene is what drove adam's quest to figure out time travel. if imogene survives then all his time stuff likely won't happen...so maybe if imogene lives helen will have to make sure she doesn't...or maybe adam's cure doesn't work thus proving that there might be a bit of 'fate' and 'destiny' in it all
                                Oh, that could be really interesting, Helen forced to either kill Imogene or let her die in order to preserve the timeline. Even in the short term if Adam didn't lose Imogene he might not have gone on his crime spree, which prompted the deal the King made with the Five and allowed for the long-term future of the Sanctuary network.

Thank goodness we've only about a 4 months wait for the next season instead of the usually 8! Can't wait for S4.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X