Vigilante (309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    A bit of both? She was very sympathetic and kind to Biggie when she found him wounded. I think she's maybe a bit overly curious, but I was wondering about her motives, too, when she first showed up out of the blue like that. I'm just a bit surprised Will isn't more suspicious.
    Didn't she say almost the exact words F. Jensen said to Biggie when *he* found Biggie shot?
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

pretty close

Father Jensen:
      Here, take my hand. Oh, my God. What are you? What have they done to you? My name is father Jensen. You're with me now. They won't hurt you anymore, I promise you. I've heard of a place where all God's creatures are offered safety, a sanctuary.
      Abby said

Oh, my God... shh... You're safe now. He can't hurt you. I promise. Shh...
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by staceyde View Post
        Has anyone noticed that in the last 4 episodes, i believe they mention Ashley each time....even in the trailer for this coming week, Adam again mentions the loss of a child....Could Ashley be returning? Could she be in Hollow earth?

O.k. A fan can dream can't she?
        My opinion?

They're just doing what they should have done in season 2. Helen lost her child - and they barely mention it again after Eulogy. One time in Pavor, one in Next Tuesday but that's it (IIRC, of course). I understand why they had to move on from Ashley pretty fast in terms of the show, but on Helen's part, I thought she moved on way too fast in season 2. Season 3 keeps referencing Ashley, and that's just good. She was a big part of Magnus' life and she's dead. Personally, I don't want her to be another one of those sci-fi deaths. I just like that they started talking about her and using her character even if she's not there.
        Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 12 December 2010, 07:32 PM.
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
          My opinion?

They're just doing what they should have done in season 2. Helen lost her child - and they barely mention it again after Eulogy. One time in Pavor, one in Next Tuesday but that's it (IIRC, of course). I understand why they had to move on from Ashley pretty fast in terms of the show, but on Helen's part, I thought she moved on way too fast in season 2. Season 3 keeps referencing Ashley, and that's just good. She was a big part of Magnus' life and she's dead. Personally, I don't wait her to be another one of those sci-fi deaths. I just like that they started talking about her and using her character even if she's no there.
          Amen.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            well, french, cambodian, norwegian, Ethopian, Queens English, regular English
            Originally posted by sanctuary girl View Post
            and Zulu (Haunted) and Japanese (Kali 1)
            Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            don't forget Latin. I think she'd have to have learned that in med school. She may have also had to study Greek at Oxford too.
            And American - as in from the Bronx or something like that - re Bank Job!
            Originally posted by staceyde View Post
            Has anyone noticed that in the last 4 episodes, i believe they mention Ashley each time....even in the trailer for this coming week, Adam again mentions the loss of a child....Could Ashley be returning? Could she be in Hollow earth?
            O.k. A fan can dream can't she?
            My theory on why Adam keeps referring to Ashley or rather the loss of a child is more to do with no longer wanting to live or to lose the will to live...that having lost a child, one needs to find a purpose to live as the loss takes that away from you....now Helen needs to live to find the cure even though it will mean her survival because perhaps she really doesn't want to end her life at all. I get the impression that while Helen has been seeking for a cure to her longevity for so long, now that she's actually dying, I don't think she wants to actually die....does that make sense?

I loved this episode. Kinda getting old eh? Loving the newest episode?? Can't help it I'm afraid!
            So, favourite bits -
            Will: How does Magnus do this everyday?
            Biggie: Stayed off twitter!

Loved when John & Helen ell into the pit - loved the laughter - almost more an Amanad/Chris laugh than helen/John...but I loved that they actually laughed together and I love how well they work/play togethr.

Loved Kate...whats not to love about Kate!
            "I've had better showers in juvi"

Tesla...omg that man...he has magnetism in abundance!
            Loved him waving his magic magnetic fingers around and popping the buttons on Abby's shirt!

Helen & John - awwwwwwwwwww!
            I loved when John said "Come sit with me a moment"
            the two of them watching the sunset, Helen still guarding her heart though that guard looks to be falling.
            Helen: "John, take me to London"
            It wasn't just what she said but the way she said it that was so....*big sigh*
            Big heart wrenching moment - Biggie and Kate in the infirmary - Biggie crying??? Noooo! That was just....sad!!
            Oh and then Helen shaking at the end - I wonder how far her illness will go...to deaths door perhaps??? I guess time will tell.
            I still think Tesla did the right thing with the charter and putting Will in charge - at least until Helen is well again. No way would she take care of herself if she was still running the Sanctuary. I really do love how this arc is playing out.
            Can't wait for the next ep.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              And American - as in from the Bronx or something like that - re Bank Job!
              Chicago. Definitely not an NYC dialect.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

didnt Tesla do somthing to John, if I understood part 1

Comment

Oh I forgot to add...the FBI chick...not sure about her just yet...I reckon she could go either way...she seems nice but she's almost like Pete - stalker-ish...I dunno...juries out for me on her.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

yes, john went to tesla, asking that tesla use his magneto powers to try and purge the 'on board energy elemental'. Tesla reports that it didn't work. He also said the reason he didn't tell helen or refuse to help....he's distressingly mortal now and didn't feel like ticking off the 'stone cold killer'
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

My theory on why Adam keeps referring to Ashley or rather the loss of a child is more to do with no longer wanting to live or to lose the will to live...that having lost a child, one needs to find a purpose to live as the loss takes that away from you....now Helen needs to live to find the cure even though it will mean her survival because perhaps she really doesn't want to end her life at all. I get the impression that while Helen has been seeking for a cure to her longevity for so long, now that she's actually dying, I don't think she wants to actually die....does that make sense?
                      On the bolded - wanting a "cure" for her longevity is one thing; she wants to neutralize whatever has slowed her aging to a crawl, allowing her to grow "old" and die naturally. Dying from deliberate radiation poisoning is a different matter. She's not ready to go and certainly not this way.

As to Helen's language abilities. Maybe that's part of her gift, to be able to pick up languages easily? It would be appropriate for someone who's basically immortal, allowing her to live anywhere.
                      DDC

Comment

This episode did quite a bit of setting up for next week, which is cool. I enjoyed the John and Helen moments and most of that plot line. Will being in charge and being totally stressed out and overwhelmed was interesting, but the FBI girl Abby seemed really forced and didn't flow well. Why did she show up, Will didn't remember her but welcomed her in, she had access to high level stuff but wasn't high ranking and she sort of hit on him the whole time? Her involvement in this episode seemed really weird and didn't make much sense to me. Tesla was funny as usual and I felt sorry for the big guy!

Next week should be exciting (or this week )
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                          On the bolded - wanting a "cure" for her longevity is one thing; she wants to neutralize whatever has slowed her aging to a crawl, allowing her to grow "old" and die naturally. Dying from deliberate radiation poisoning is a different matter. She's not ready to go and certainly not this way.
                          Exactly.

As to Helen's language abilities. Maybe that's part of her gift, to be able to pick up languages easily? It would be appropriate for someone who's basically immortal, allowing her to live anywhere.
                          She doesnt need an ability to learn a few or quite a few languages. Nobody does. She knows a few because she's 159 or 160 years old. And as traveled a lot. Also deals with ppl from other countries all the time. She doesnt look lazy enough to stick with english while everyone around her must learn english to speak to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                            This episode did quite a bit of setting up for next week, which is cool. I enjoyed the John and Helen moments and most of that plot line. Will being in charge and being totally stressed out and overwhelmed was interesting, but the FBI girl Abby seemed really forced and didn't flow well. Why did she show up, Will didn't remember her but welcomed her in, she had access to high level stuff but wasn't high ranking and she sort of hit on him the whole time? Her involvement in this episode seemed really weird and didn't make much sense to me. Tesla was funny as usual and I felt sorry for the big guy!

Next week should be exciting (or this week )
                            This. Will notices details. Why would he not remember a pretty girl partnering with him, any of the stuff they were working on... Unless her looks have changed drastically. Makes me suspicious. She did come thru at the end with Biggie though. I was thinking she was the killer for a bit. She just made no sense there til they realized the abnormal connection.

And poor Biggie. He can be violent, but he doesn't kill out unless necessary. And this was revenge, not necessary. Even though he had 3 gunshots (didn't he bleed an awful lot for having that tough layer to protect him? What were they, armorpiercing bullets? This is the second time I've seen blood well out that quickly. Just gushing. Though I've never seen a a real gunshot in that area so have no idea if that's normal) what really got him up again what Fr. Clark threatening to "go after your boss next". And he kept going even after 2 more gunshots! I can see feeling guilty because he killed the guy even after he was neutralized, especially if he knew his friend wouldn't approve. <<hugs Big Guy>>
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Absolutely loved Tesla in this ep. Every expression & every gesture of his hand )))) Yeah, I'm a big great Tesla fan!!! ))) He's amazing! Even when he's somewhere in the background, I can't help looking at him only

About the Big Guy - I think he was influenced by the infection from a beetle bite, just like Henry was when he attacked Kate. So he killed Fr. Clark not because he wanted to kill him, but because he was infected - and that's a different thing. So he's feeling guilty of what he as basically forced to do - making him actually much more human than the maniac Fr. Clark.
                              sigpic
                              Sig: by me. My DeviantART

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                                My opinion?

They're just doing what they should have done in season 2. Helen lost her child - and they barely mention it again after Eulogy. One time in Pavor, one in Next Tuesday but that's it (IIRC, of course). I understand why they had to move on from Ashley pretty fast in terms of the show, but on Helen's part, I thought she moved on way too fast in season 2. Season 3 keeps referencing Ashley, and that's just good. She was a big part of Magnus' life and she's dead. Personally, I don't want her to be another one of those sci-fi deaths. I just like that they started talking about her and using her character even if she's not there.
                                Exactly. Magnus has to be thinking about her. Cancer beat my dad a few years ago and I think about him a lot. "Oh, Dad would have liked this" "This is something I'd ask dad about" etc. Helen doesn't exactly wear her heart on her sleeve, but that doesn't mean she isn't feeling things. Ashley's been gone long enough that I don't know how they'd bring her back w/out a cliche. But I would love to have some flashbacks with Helen and Ashley.

I get the impression that while Helen has been seeking for a cure to her longevity for so long, now that she's actually dying, I don't think she wants to actually die....does that make sense?
                                yes.

Loved when John & Helen ell into the pit - loved the laughter - almost more an Amanad/Chris laugh than helen/John...but I loved that they actually laughed together and I love how well they work/play togethr.
                                Great moment. it was like a moment of John and Helen before he turned JTR.

Helen: "John, take me to London"
                                It wasn't just what she said but the way she said it that was so....*big sigh*
                                Yes. it was about the case, but also practically like a dying request I thought.

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                                My thoughts too.

Comment

Working...
                                X