Vigilante (309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    A bit of both? She was very sympathetic and kind to Biggie when she found him wounded. I think she's maybe a bit overly curious, but I was wondering about her motives, too, when she first showed up out of the blue like that. I'm just a bit surprised Will isn't more suspicious.
    speaking of fbi chick...

did the phrase she said to biggie, when she kneeled at his body when she found him injured - wasn't that the same thing the nice priest said to biggie all those years ago? i'm not sure it was word-for-word, but i think it was very close.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

it was pretty close to word for word what fr jenson said to him

Father Jensen: Here, take my hand. Oh, my God. What are you? What have they done to you? My name is father Jensen. You're with me now.
      They won't hurt you anymore, I promise you. I've heard of a place where all God's creatures are offered safety, a sanctuary.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        it was pretty close to word for word what fr jenson said to him

Father Jensen: Here, take my hand. Oh, my God. What are you? What have they done to you? My name is father Jensen. You're with me now.
        They won't hurt you anymore, I promise you. I've heard of a place where all God's creatures are offered safety, a sanctuary.
        And what Abby said was something along the lines of the bolded bit. Probably more, but I don't recall it at the moment.

Comment

Abby said

Oh, my God... shh... You're safe now. He can't hurt you. I promise. Shh...

so most of it

sigpic

Comment

Abby said

Oh, my God... shh... You're safe now. He can't hurt you. I promise. Shh...

so most of it
            Maybe "Father" Jensen had a daughter.

Comment

she was certainly open minded and non-judgmental for a person seeing a bigfoot for the first time....especially a bigfoot that had just strangled a priest (she didn't know that fr clark was a serial killer, all she had to go on was that fr clark was dead, strangled, and biggie had been shot...unless of course, she didn't realize what biggie had done, and presumed that both men were victims)

sigpic

Comment

A bit of both? She was very sympathetic and kind to Biggie when she found him wounded. I think she's maybe a bit overly curious, but I was wondering about her motives, too, when she first showed up out of the blue like that. I'm just a bit surprised Will isn't more suspicious.
                I guess we'll just have to wait and see if she's in any more episodes.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                  Well (spoilers for upcoming ep One Night)
                  Spoiler:
                  According to an interview I read with Robin Dunne, Will tries to go on a date with Abby in this episode and runs into complications. So would say yes on the new girlfriend, and I guess we'll find out if she's ends up causing trouble.
                  Sounds interesting!
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I just had a wacky thought: what if whatever Tesla did actually got rid of the energy bering in John and the reason he has stayed away was that Helen said she could never forgive him and couldn't forgive herself for not seeing that he was a murderer sooner. (In this scenario I'm imagining, only John knows the truth. He would have told Tesla it failed so he'd go away.) Perhaps John thought staying away was the best thing for everyone and he was doing drugs or whatever in Cambodia to dull the pain of being whole again but having lost Helen. Since John has come back to the Sanctuary, he just seems very much in control of himself. He is protective of Helen. I don't know - it's just an idea.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I would think summer is unlikely since they now have 20 episodes per year, and they are done filming all of them. They just have to put together the episodes, and while that does take quite awhile, I would think a few months is not unlikely. However, summer is.
                      I'm thinking more the SyFy end. It wouldn't be the first time they took more then a 3 month hiatsus. Added on they SyFy tends to divide thier programs into quarters if it doesn't return in April then it will probably be July. That said I would put more money on April. It doesn't seem them will have many projects ready for spring.

As for the episode its one of my favorites. Unlike sally I don't think this is the Helen() show. I liked the development it brought for Will and the Big Guy. It seemed like Will has come a long way since the pilot. So I like seeing how deals with the stress of challenges of running a Sanctuary house. It was also interesting to see him take charge as they investigate the mystery in the Big Guy's friend murder.

Speaking of the Big Guy this episode really highlighted him showing his anger of losing his friend. The final scene was quite sad. I personally probably would have done what he had done if it was me but its still interesting to see how this tears him up inside.

The keystone search feels like just going through the motions to set up the mid season finale
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I love the irony of Abby the fbi agent.....and abby for abnormal

coincidence? i think not
                        LOL, I didn't even think of that connection!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        I agree it seemed disjointed (and not just because of the fact I watched it in pieces). After the last two weeks of full on stories dealing with Hollow Earth it seemed odd to go back to an A and B story. Especially since the B story was inserting some very light moments of Will in charge.
                        Yeah, it seemed a bit like Eulogy in that respect to me, though not nearly as big a tonal difference between the A and B storylines.

I also thought that the priest storyline was going to be a much bigger arc. Seems a bit odd to have started it so long ago (or so it seems) and then it ends rather quickly.
                        I have a feeling the storyline will continue at bit more, but more in relation to Abby's involvement in the case. It would be a shame for it to have ended this quickly.

Interesting that you and so many others are suspicious of Abby. I didn't get that vibe but, as I said, will have to view it again. I will say that I liked her character and would be fine if she becomes recurring and a love interest for Will. Found her interesting as opposed to Clara who was, to me, annoying.
                        The main thing I found suspicious about Abby was how she got access to all that top secret data that Kate said even Magnus didn't have access to. And it seemed odd for Will not to remember her, I think as a profiler he'd be good at remembering people. It makes me wonder if she's targeting Will for some reason.

I do agree, I found her much more interesting and likable than Clara.

Again, I agree that he seemed too much in control given the last two times we have seen him. Having said that, I do love CH as Druitt and he and AT are so wonderful together. I can overlook some inconsistencies in his behaviour just because I love seeing them in any scene together. Perhaps we can explain the inconsistencies as just John fighting against the abnormal inside of him. Sometimes he is winning the battle and sometimes not.
                        I can see that, plus perhaps whatever Tesla did to Druitt may have subdued the creature for a while like what happened in the Five. Though I'm guessing with all the teleporting it may be slowing regaining its strength.

Been looking forward to this since August! Can't believe it is finally here but I also can't believe we have been through 9 eps already. Thank goodness this is a 20 ep season!
                        I know! I was just thinking today that in S1 or 2 we'd be almost done with the season, but now we're still have half of it left.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        i did feel when at the end, with helen coming in to see will, she literally asked permission *to enter her own friggin office*!! i've never seen what's so spectacular about will for him to be second there...
                        Well, he was in his own office in that last scene (as well as the earlier scene with the files with Bigfoot), so I can see Helen asking permission in that case.

sigpic

Comment

Okay, I watched this episode last night after a marathon 36 hours in the labor room and barely remember anything other than Helen and John zorting around and a rather unsatisfying B-story. I thought that Father Clark thing was rather anticlimactic, and I really felt like it was only the means to the end of getting Will a love interest, which I thought was just too bad, as it had some really great potential. I'm going to watch it again today to get a better hold on the main storyline.

Off to read everyone else's opinions.
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

So Henry has a girlfriend now (the girl lycen from "Animus"). And it looks like Will just might have a girlfriend.

What I want to know is when is Biggie going to find a girlfriend, and when is Kate going to find a boyfriend?

And, also, since when has the Sanctuary started giving tours to people they've just met, just because they ask for a tour? Or, at least, suggested a tour at some later point in time?
                            Hee! So with you on every word.
                            Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post

If John Druitt had become fluent in French - what if Helen and John had a conversation in French in order for others listening not to understand them? I just like picturing the two of them speaking French to one another.
                            Helen and John (and the rest of the Five, as well) would have been fluent, or at least highly conversant in French. Until only very recently, French was the language of Science and Diplomacy and you weren't considered to be a person of any education during Victorian and earlier times if you didn't speak French. Even my dad (who is about to turn 72) was required to have 3 years of university-level French as a Biology major. Poor guy, who has no facility for languages at all.

I can't find the list of episodes that I saw recently, but after "Hollow Men", it showed reruns of a few episodes ("Firewall" among them), so maybe they'll show reruns for a month or so and then into the second half of the season.
                            +
                            Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I'm thinking more the SyFy end. It wouldn't be the first time they took more then a 3 month hiatsus. Added on they SyFy tends to divide thier programs into quarters if it doesn't return in April then it will probably be July. That said I would put more money on April. It doesn't seem them will have many projects ready for spring.
                            = Yup. I wouldn't put it past syfy to make us wait and wait and wait. Not that I'm still bitter over BSG or anything.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            speaking of fbi chick...

did the phrase she said to biggie, when she kneeled at his body when she found him injured - wasn't that the same thing the nice priest said to biggie all those years ago? i'm not sure it was word-for-word, but i think it was very close.
                            That was the impression I got as well.
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                              If John Druitt had become fluent in French - what if Helen and John had a conversation in French in order for others listening not to understand them? I just like picturing the two of them speaking French to one another. Sexy, no?[/I]
                              Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                              Helen and John (and the rest of the Five, as well) would have been fluent, or at least highly conversant in French.
                              Helen does seem to be pretty fluent in other languages. There was a phrase she used in another language at the lecture she was giving in the episode where Tesla first showed up. It seems to me she's spoken in another language or two in other episodes, as well. And when Will asked her how to say a phrase in (whatever language it was) the last episode, it pretty much rolled off her tongue in that language as though she'd been speaking it her whole life (and Will called her a show off for knowing it). It would be interesting to find out just how many languages Helen does know.

Comment

well, french, cambodian, norwegian, Ethopian, Queens English, regular English

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X