No announcement yet.

Vigilante (309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another solid ep, imho. Of course my favorite parts, as always, involve Magnus andthe Five. Loved the Helen and John moments. I can really see that they were a couple. You could see Helen fighting back the desire to just sit and enjoy the sunset with John like old times.
    AT & CH are wonderful together.

Nice moment at the end with Magnus and Will.

The other storyline was fine too. I don't really trust the FBI agent, though she seemed to show she was on Biggie's side at the end. I was just glad Will restrained himself from giving her the full tour.

Comment

As I've said before I don't ship anyone officially with this show, I just like the show cause of the show overall as geeky as that sounds. LOL

It was a good episode overall, I put it in the same category this season as Animus but it's not one I'd watch more than once or twice. I don't normally say this about Sanctuary episodes but honestly it was a little too 'busy' with me, too many subplots within the subplots.

We have Helen dying
      We have them searching for Hollow Earth
      We have Will trying to take over for Helen and learning her job really sucks and is hard
      We have the beetles missing
      We have the nefarious person trying to kill abnormals
      We now have the 'Five' of those around trying to find the real keystone
      We have some FBI girl aka Abby showing up and making google eyes at Will...

Yes they all tied together over the series and they did an excellent job but to address it all in one episode just seemed too 'BUSY' to me!!! Pick one or two plots an episode folks please, it helps my mind.

But overall a GREAT episode as Sanctuary, it did not disappoint though this whole Helen sick thing though making for great television is driving me to distraction. I don't like to see my heroes hurt, at least those I really like and I really like her!!!! :-D

I wonder how long they'll have us wait between the mid season finale and the second half of the season?
      Sanctuary RULES!!!!
      Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        snipped by me

I agree it seemed disjointed (and not just because of the fact I watched it in pieces). After the last two weeks of full on stories dealing with Hollow Earth it seemed odd to go back to an A and B story. Especially since the B story was inserting some very light moments of Will in charge.

I also thought that the priest storyline was going to be a much bigger arc. Seems a bit odd to have started it so long ago (or so it seems) and then it ends rather quickly.
        Yes this but I didn't mind the light-hearted moment of Will in charge.

[/me enjoying snipping Eht's words again]

Interesting that you and so many others are suspicious of Abby. I didn't get that vibe but, as I said, will have to view it again. I will say that I liked her character and would be fine if she becomes recurring and a love interest for Will. Found her interesting as opposed to Clara who was, to me, annoying.
        Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        The other storyline was fine too. I don't really trust the FBI agent, though she seemed to show she was on Biggie's side at the end. I was just glad Will restrained himself from giving her the full tour.

I forgot to quote Jaminago..."Will... and the FBI girl I found just painful to watch, it reminded me way too much of the many teen movies out there with over the top awkward kids that don't know how to act around each other. *shudders* "

I was also suspicious and shuddered a bit with the "awkward kids" scenes but didn't find her annoying like Clara. I do see potential for furthering their relationship.

Again, I agree that he seemed too much in control given the last two times we have seen him. Having said that, I do love CH as Druitt and he and AT are so wonderful together. I can overlook some inconsistencies in his behaviour just because I love seeing them in any scene together. Perhaps we can explain the inconsistencies as just John fighting against the abnormal inside of him. Sometimes he is winning the battle and sometimes not.
        Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
        Thought something along those lines too.
        I also think the creature inside of him will take control if it thinks Druitt's about to try and get it out - which probably happened after Haunted. That's why he tried different drugs. It was better for both of them not to have any control than to let it control.

But now? He's too worried about Magnus to try anything. His inner demon is the last thing he thinks about. His attention is foccused on Helen. Knowing this, I think it is resting, 'cause it knows John won't try anything.

Just MHO.
        Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Another solid ep, imho. Of course my favorite parts, as always, involve Magnus andthe Five. Loved the Helen and John moments. I can really see that they were a couple. You could see Helen fighting back the desire to just sit and enjoy the sunset with John like old times.
        AT & CH are wonderful together.
        I too love the Magnus and The Five parts and especially Helen and John. I'm not known to be a shipper but I just love this relationship and how they are portraying it.

And I'll build on LadyGalaxy's thoughts. Could the drugs have weakened the creature enough so John could maintain some control. In addition to his love and concern for Helen helping him to maintain control atm? Helen is wary because she doesn't even know how long this will last. Yes, AT & CH are wonderful together and do an excellent job with their subtle portrayal of the complex relationship.
        sigpic

Comment

Really good episode but it could as well have been a two part episode for me. There would have been enough plot and some scenes could have been a little more detailed
          I love Tesla and his childish behaviour. Great moment with Abby and her shirt. and with Will (Shoot your employee day)
          I am normally no shipper and if, I tend to Helen/Nikola, but I really liked the Helen and John moments. The two are great together. Last episode as well. There is something between the two and AT and CH are doing a really good job in conveying that.
          Big Guy hates Will or loves to pester him I liked the moments when he rubbed in that Will has no idea what it means to run the sanctuary.( "stayed off twitter")
          I'm not sure if I like Wills friend. She seems nice though.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaAdams View Post
            I wonder how long they'll have us wait between the mid season finale and the second half of the season?
            I can't find the list of episodes that I saw recently, but after "Hollow Men", it showed reruns of a few episodes ("Firewall" among them), so maybe they'll show reruns for a month or so and then into the second half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I can't find the list of episodes that I saw recently, but after "Hollow Men", it showed reruns of a few episodes ("Firewall" among them), so maybe they'll show reruns for a month or so and then into the second half of the season.
              Its more likely they will show a reruns for a few weeks and Sanctuary will go blank from SyFy until Sanctuary returs in either April or the summer.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                I think I can agree - to a certain point. I'm telling myself it's Sanctuary, and if she were to come back, I'm hoping for better character developpement. But I guess we'll see. I personnally decided not to read much into it.
                I have a feeling she'll be back. But the biggest question now is, who the heck is she anyway? Will doesn't remember her and she has access to files even Helen can't get too. I doubt any of that is a coincidence.
                sigpic

Comment

me neither. which is part of why i don't trust her

at best, she's a rogue agent either spying in stuff she shouldn't be, or she's a bad guy trying to work her way in....either way i think it'd be a good thing for will or helen to do a little background check on miss Abby
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Its more likely they will show a reruns for a few weeks and Sanctuary will go blank from SyFy until Sanctuary returs in either April or the summer.
                    I would think summer is unlikely since they now have 20 episodes per year, and they are done filming all of them. They just have to put together the episodes, and while that does take quite awhile, I would think a few months is not unlikely. However, summer is.

Comment

it'll probably be back in feb or march, ending by may

then the show will be on hiatus until sept or so
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        I love the irony of Abby the fbi agent.....and abby for abnormal

coincidence? i think not

I'm torn about her. I wonder if she'll be a good ally or something like fox mulder, trying to dig deeper into stuff and inadvertently hitting the mother lode
                        Love it. Abby the Abnormal. hehe

What exactly is she up to? I am leaning more toward her using her "abbynormal" force for evil as opposed to being an ally. She just seems to be trying to sway Will from checking her out on paper. Instead he is nerdily swayed by her abnormally stereotypic beauty. Oh Will, I am too stupid to understand anything.... please help me with your big male brain. *bats eyes*

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          it'll probably be back in feb or march, ending by may
                          I really hope you're right... Don't think I can wait till summer...
                          sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                          - R.E.M.

Comment

So, just how did Abby get Biggie back to the Sanctuary?
                            sigpic

Comment

With Will and Kate's help?

Comment

i wasn't in a very good mood last night when i saw this, so it might have colored my thoughts on the episode. we'll see...

after two eps in a row of such heavy helen screentime, this ep screeched to a halt for me. and it really hit home just how boring i find will (and kate and biggie too), when it focuses so much on him.

i found nothing wrong with this ep, other than i was bored most of the time. even some of the helen stuff was so so, b/c she was hooked up with john and i'm not *into* their ship. i'm not an anti shipper (the only ship i can think of that i'm actually anti is sam/pete), but i also don't get off on it. i enjoy the idea of helen/john more than i do actually seeing it (it's prob b/c i'm not sexually attracted to chris h).

i did feel when at the end, with helen coming in to see will, she literally asked permission *to enter her own friggin office*!! i've never seen what's so spectacular about will for him to be second there...

i'm thinking my bad mood *did* effect my viewing opinion on this ep. (and i'm still not in the best of moods)

so anyways, an alright ep.

heck, if they just made the sanctuary series about *the 5*, i'd be a super happy camper.

~disclaimer: the opinions brought up in this post must be taken with a grain of salt. the person posting is rather hormonal and goes from the exorcist girl to mary poppins at the drop of a hat. and !
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X