No announcement yet.

Vigilante (309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of set up in this one. The Underground city is getting more and more interesting.

All of the Helen and John moments were a nice touch. Has he learned to control that elemental that bonded with him or is it weakening? He was a lot less Ripper and a lot more worried ex.

Nice twist with the new priest. Serial killer was not one of the options I was thinking of. The Biggie and Kate bonding moments were great.

What's with the lady FBI agent? New girlfriend for Will or new trouble for later in the season?
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      Lots of set up in this one. The Underground city is getting more and more interesting.

All of the Helen and John moments were a nice touch. Has he learned to control that elemental that bonded with him or is it weakening? He was a lot less Ripper and a lot more worried ex.

Nice twist with the new priest. Serial killer was not one of the options I was thinking of. The Biggie and Kate bonding moments were great.

What's with the lady FBI agent? New girlfriend for Will or new trouble for later in the season?
      A bit of both? She was very sympathetic and kind to Biggie when she found him wounded. I think she's maybe a bit overly curious, but I was wondering about her motives, too, when she first showed up out of the blue like that. I'm just a bit surprised Will isn't more suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        Very entertaining episode tonight.

The main thing I wanted to see was Will and the others show Helen they're main reason for wanting to use Adam to find the city is for Helen's survival. I liked when Will went at Adam when he wasn't being serious, and how John asked Adam to give him a reason to hurt or kill him. I loved the Helen and John scenes, especially the one with them on the rock, and when they both fall into the canyon and started laughing. I liked the scene when John had the library dude hanging from the bell tower, and how he was teasing him. One thing I really liked was when John saw Helen taking her meds, and you could tell her was worried about her, and even though the fight was really short, it was sweet. I like then the 2 of them are a team, it's something special. Overall there story was really good, and I hope to see more of them together.
        Loved all of the John and Helen scenes. John seeing helen take the meds made him worry about her more and more. The fight scene was short and sweet with John teleporting them out.... and john tormenting the guy was hilarious!!!

John: I think I'm getting a cramp!

I lost it after he said that and that guy freaked out!!

Totally LOVED this episode! All of it!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          Well (spoilers for upcoming ep One Night)
          Spoiler:
          According to an interview I read with Robin Dunne, Will tries to go on a date with Abby in this episode and runs into complications. So would say yes on the new girlfriend, and I guess we'll find out if she's ends up causing trouble.

sigpic

Comment

I really loved this episode. A very different feel from Breach and For King And Country (which were each very different from each other), but I liked it a lot. What struck me were that the pairings in each scene were SOOOO wonderful!

Of course, the Helen-John interaction was fantastic. Everything from their fall and having a moment to laugh to a quiet moment sitting on a rock (where Helen's guard is still up) to working in tandem to retrieve the keystone. John's care and concern for Helen was obvious everywhere. What's going on with the energy creature inside him? Could all the time he spent in Cambodia all drugged up have actually done something to dispel or quiet the creature? The way she said, "John, take me to London." The look on her face, the look on his face. I desperately love the interaction between these two characters and these two actors together. More, please!!!

Tesla was hilarious, as usual. He was taking such delight in toying with Abby (the FBI gal) and seemed to be pushing for Will to hit on her. And he had some terrific lines:
            "Shoot your employee day comes but once a year." "Keep that up and one day you're going to be worth something to this organization." "Brawny and Marie." "I don't need to see an episode of House to find our probably cause." I wished there could have been a little more Helen-Nikola interaction, but it's hard to complain with so many other wonderful pairings happening in this episode.

Love that Will discovers how incredibly tough it is to run the Sanctuary. Will: "How does Magnus do it?" BECAUSE HELEN MAGNUS IS AWESOMENESS PERSONIFIED!!! And of course she speaks Norwegian. By the way - I found an interview with Chris Heyerdahl that was done in French - done in Montreal to promote the Twilight movie when it was coming out - and I thought that was SOOO hot. If John Druitt had become fluent in French - what if Helen and John had a conversation in French in order for others listening not to understand them? I just like picturing the two of them speaking French to one another. Sexy, no?

I really liked the character of Abby. I kept wondering throughout the episode if she was trustworthy or not. She had access to that top TOP secret data that even the Sanctuary didn't have access to, but it was because she came across them in files she was just suppose to file away. Who is doing all this covering up? Kate says the official autopsy report she and Magnus saw doesn't match what were in the files Abby provided. If she were some sort of bad guy, would she be providing info to help Will solve their case? Unless the whole purpose of the exercise was to gain his trust? I really liked the moment she had with Biggie which echoed his first meeting with Father Jensen (another time he had been shot up and lying in an alley). I'm hoping she is legit because I really liked her. And she could keep Will on his toes since she studies behavior and could tell when he was holding back. And frankly, I think they're a cuter couple than Will and Clara (invisible girl) were.

Enjoyed the little nods of recognition of the characters. Abby recognizes the name Nikola Tesla and the museum curator was starting to tell John which historical person he resembled. Fun.

I was glad we finally tied up Biggie's storyline. My heart broke for him when he woke up in the infirmary and starting crying. He wished he hadn't killed the man because Father Jensen would have been disappointed in him. So often we get a revenge thread going and the good guy either backs down from killing or the baddie escalates his deeds and there isn't guilt in killing him. But I loved that this weighed on his heart and how Kate was there to comfort him, too.

For years I've been saying, "Amanda Tapping deserves all the prizes!" Well, I think Chris Heyerdahl deserves some, too!

REALLY looking forward to next week's episode, but I've got to prepare myself for the fact that it'll probably have a big cliffhanger that will drive me nuts.

P.S. The last two episodes of Sanctuary were so amazing that I had to buy them on iTunes as soon as I could. I'd save myself $12 (well now $6) if I buy a season pass instead of buying the eps one and a time. I didn't want to do this since I know I'll be buying the DVDs, but I'm not sure I can help myself!!! Aagghhh!!!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I love the irony of Abby the fbi agent.....and abby for abnormal

coincidence? i think not

I'm torn about her. I wonder if she'll be a good ally or something like fox mulder, trying to dig deeper into stuff and inadvertently hitting the mother lode
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Loved this episode (as well as the previous, and the entire story arc!). Tesla was brilliant as always.

"Bring me back some Mongolian wine. On second thought, don't."
                The entire scene when the FBI agent entered was brilliant - including actually introducing himself as Nikola Tesla, and unbuttoning her shirt.

Druitt was awesome as well - nice to see him teleporting again, I've missed that. Led to some great and hilarious moments as well (teleporting out of the museum, onto Big Ben, stealing the keystone in a way otherwise impossible...).

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                  I really loved this episode. A very different feel from Breach and For King And Country (which were each very different from each other), but I liked it a lot. What struck me were that the pairings in each scene were SOOOO wonderful!

Of course, the Helen-John interaction was fantastic. Everything from their fall and having a moment to laugh to a quiet moment sitting on a rock (where Helen's guard is still up) to working in tandem to retrieve the keystone. John's care and concern for Helen was obvious everywhere. What's going on with the energy creature inside him? Could all the time he spent in Cambodia all drugged up have actually done something to dispel or quiet the creature? The way she said, "John, take me to London." The look on her face, the look on his face. I desperately love the interaction between these two characters and these two actors together. More, please!!!

Tesla was hilarious, as usual. He was taking such delight in toying with Abby (the FBI gal) and seemed to be pushing for Will to hit on her. And he had some terrific lines:
                  "Shoot your employee day comes but once a year." "Keep that up and one day you're going to be worth something to this organization." "Brawny and Marie." "I don't need to see an episode of House to find our probably cause." I wished there could have been a little more Helen-Nikola interaction, but it's hard to complain with so many other wonderful pairings happening in this episode.

Love that Will discovers how incredibly tough it is to run the Sanctuary. Will: "How does Magnus do it?" BECAUSE HELEN MAGNUS IS AWESOMENESS PERSONIFIED!!! And of course she speaks Norwegian. By the way - I found an interview with Chris Heyerdahl that was done in French - done in Montreal to promote the Twilight movie when it was coming out - and I thought that was SOOO hot. If John Druitt had become fluent in French - what if Helen and John had a conversation in French in order for others listening not to understand them? I just like picturing the two of them speaking French to one another. Sexy, no? etc.............
                  ok....and again...freakin awesome.....quite honestly i could of done without the beetle story, but...ahhh those John/Helen moments were fantastic. and did anyone catch when
                  Spoiler:
                  Will is asking her why she is going to Mongolia, he says, "let's just send Druiit alone" Helen says" he's barely lucid, and it's John" she corrects Will.
                  FREAKING AWESOME. Allowing the viewer to see that she is seeing him as John her lover, not Druitt the killer.....OMG OMG...the play on words....dear LORD......Sanctuary is just freaking awesome.........
                  Last edited by prsweety; 11 December 2010, 05:46 AM. Reason: grammar

http://sanctuary-caps.com/index.php
                  Check out my fanfichttp://www.fanfiction.net/u/1763762/staceydj

Comment

Originally posted by staceyde View Post
                    ok....and again...freakin awesome.....quite honestly i could of done without the beetle story, but...ahhh those John/Helen moments were fantastic. and did anyone catch when
                    Spoiler:
                    Will is asking her why she is going to Mongolia, he says, "let's just send Druiit alone" Helen says" he's barely lucid, and it's John" she corrects Will.
                    FREAKING AWESOME. Allowing the viewer to see that she is seeing him as John her lover, not Druitt the killer.....OMG OMG...the play on words....dear LORD......Sanctuary is just freaking awesome.........
                    i actually took that as she wanted to go with him to keep an eye on him, as well as in a sense its a "quest" to save her life. i know i'd wanna be a part of it if i was in that situation... plus John is playing the non ripper card atm, but who knows when he will change

i really enjoyed this episode, the A story line was great "you know i'm a bit of history buff, did you know that you look alot like *zort*" ahaha classic

I really enjoyed the Helen/ John interaction, the sunset scene was second to last weeks bittersweet moment with the two of them. i'm really interested in how this will futher their relationship.

Tesla was amazing as always, unbuttoning her shrit ahah classic . had some fantastic one liners as well. I liked the fact that Will discovered how difficult Magnus' job really is and how he coped with it, Will is starting to bug me tho... I did like the end scene with his reassurace

Henry was great. "dude you broke it" XD...The kate and Biggie scenes.. especailly in the infirmary were brilliant I'm really starting to love their relationship, Biggie must now see her how he see's henry.

The FBI agent was great, pretty sure shes gonna be seen again

overall great episode can't wait for next week.. Polly Walker whoooop! XD
                    sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                      Love that Will discovers how incredibly tough it is to run the Sanctuary. Will: "How does Magnus do it?" BECAUSE HELEN MAGNUS IS AWESOMENESS PERSONIFIED!!! And of course she speaks Norwegian. By the way - I found an interview with Chris Heyerdahl that was done in French - done in Montreal to promote the Twilight movie when it was coming out - and I thought that was SOOO hot. If John Druitt had become fluent in French - what if Helen and John had a conversation in French in order for others listening not to understand them? I just like picturing the two of them speaking French to one another. Sexy, no?
                      I saw that interview. He speaks so well in French. o.o I was kind of surprise in fact, but it made me smile!
                      Would I love to see Helen and John talking French? ABSOLUTELY! 'Cause I could understand them - without the subtitles they would put on anyway. XD But in general, I love it when Helen speaks another language. I think it adds to her character. I do believe John and Nikola to speak other languages too. We know the real Tesla did anyway.

But French is hard when you don't know it and I don't think the actors can that in French (except CH of course!). So I don't think we'll hear them. ^^

Remembers me that I loved seeing Montreal in the season 2 opener.

I really liked the character of Abby. I kept wondering throughout the episode if she was trustworthy or not. She had access to that top TOP secret data that even the Sanctuary didn't have access to, but it was because she came across them in files she was just suppose to file away. Who is doing all this covering up? Kate says the official autopsy report she and Magnus saw doesn't match what were in the files Abby provided. If she were some sort of bad guy, would she be providing info to help Will solve their case? Unless the whole purpose of the exercise was to gain his trust? I really liked the moment she had with Biggie which echoed his first meeting with Father Jensen (another time he had been shot up and lying in an alley). I'm hoping she is legit because I really liked her. And she could keep Will on his toes since she studies behavior and could tell when he was holding back. And frankly, I think they're a cuter couple than Will and Clara (invisible girl) were.
                      I agree with what you said, especially with the bolded. I liked Clara, but thought she was a bit too much for Will. Over all, I'm just curious where they'll go with her character.

Originally posted by staceyde View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                      i actually took that as she wanted to go with him to keep an eye on him, as well as in a sense its a "quest" to save her life. i know i'd wanna be a part of it if i was in that situation... plus John is playing the non ripper card atm, but who knows when he will change
                      I'm thinking... something like a bridge between your ideas?

I really don't think she sees John as a lover again - she still had some of her barriers up during that moment on the rock in Mongolia. I do admit that some fell. She allowed him to touch her and they were rather close - compared the other scene on a rock we've seen in Revelations part I.

But I do think the way she corrected Will in saying 'It's John' (not Druitt) is to tell him that he still means something to her and she needs time alone with him - which she is unlikely to get at the Sanctuary. So, they're everything BUT lovers again, but there is definitly some furthering of their present relationship going on and I like it.
                      sigpic
                      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Another brilliant ep, at least the part that related to Hollow Earth.
                        I liked that they showed us Will trying to run the Sanctuary and how hard it is but the Priest story didnt work very well. I have a feeling there's more to it then what we saw. I hope there is, otherwise I will be very disappointed.
                        There was just something fishy about that FBI agent.

Wonderfull moments between Magnus and Druitt.
                        I love Tesla and JY steals every scene, but he was seriously underused in this ep. Less pointless Kate more Tesla.
                        I dont care how wonderfull you all thought her moments with Biggie was. Its been a while since we've seen her and that's because she's pointless to a Sanctuary related story.
                        *Dodges tomatoes thrown by Kate lovers*

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                          Pretty good episode, felt a bit disjointed between the two storylines, but I did like that they brought Father Jensen back and resolved that storyline. Absolutely lovely stuff from Bigfoot and that last Kate and Bigfoot scene was very nicely done. I really like that they've switched up the pairings a bit this season, lots more of Kate and Bigfoot together as well as Will and Henry working together.
                          I was out and caught the late repeat showing of Sanctuary about 15 mins in then saw most of the start this morning. I really need to watch it through to comment properly but a lot of your comments reflect my early impressions.

I agree it seemed disjointed (and not just because of the fact I watched it in pieces). After the last two weeks of full on stories dealing with Hollow Earth it seemed odd to go back to an A and B story. Especially since the B story was inserting some very light moments of Will in charge.

I also thought that the priest storyline was going to be a much bigger arc. Seems a bit odd to have started it so long ago (or so it seems) and then it ends rather quickly.

I agree that the Biggie/Kate scene near the end was lovely. Loved his reaction to having killed someone.

Will trying to run the Sanctuary was fun, though Helen still pretty much kept her autonomy in tracking down the keystone. The FBI agent seems rather suspicious (she has access to top secret data even Helen doesn't?) but I can see why Will seems a bit taken with her, she's almost exactly where he was before he joined the Sanctuary. I wonder if, now that he's the boss, he'll let her in on the Sanctuary secret.
                          Interesting that you and so many others are suspicious of Abby. I didn't get that vibe but, as I said, will have to view it again. I will say that I liked her character and would be fine if she becomes recurring and a love interest for Will. Found her interesting as opposed to Clara who was, to me, annoying.

The Helen and Druitt storyline felt rather by the numbers, though the character beats between them in that field and on top of that building in Hong Kong were quite nice, though Druitt seems a bit too in control considering how we last saw him.
                          Again, I agree that he seemed too much in control given the last two times we have seen him. Having said that, I do love CH as Druitt and he and AT are so wonderful together. I can overlook some inconsistencies in his behaviour just because I love seeing them in any scene together. Perhaps we can explain the inconsistencies as just John fighting against the abnormal inside of him. Sometimes he is winning the battle and sometimes not.

We finally get to see Hollow Earth next week and yay for Polly Walker! I just hope we don't have to wait too long for the 2nd half of the season.
                          Been looking forward to this since August! Can't believe it is finally here but I also can't believe we have been through 9 eps already. Thank goodness this is a 20 ep season!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

This eppy was pretty good I mean I didn't particularly agree with what happened with Druitt/Magnus. But other than that it was a great ep

Except...
                            Spoiler:
                            Even though I'm not a Magnitt shipper I do sort of like that scene where they both fall in the hole and Magnus falls on Druitt But I'd RATHER SEE Teslen scenes than Magnitt scenes -_-
                            sigpic
                            My tumblr

Comment

The highlight of the ep for me was definitely the continued search for the way to Hollow Earth. All the Helen/John scenes made the shipper in me very very happy. I like the fact that we don't know if John is really good or at what time the abnormal in him will take control and what will happen then.

The priest guy story was kinda rushed like few people already mentioned, and I hope we'll see more of it in the future. What I did like about it was CH and his amazing skill to portray so much emotion while buried under tons of make up. Even Kate was kinda tolerable.

Tesla was his usual self and as always entertaining. And I love Adam more with each episode.

Will... and the FBI girl I found just painful to watch, it reminded me way too much of the many teen movies out there with over the top awkward kids that don't know how to act around each other. *shudders*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Again, I agree that he seemed too much in control given the last two times we have seen him. Having said that, I do love CH as Druitt and he and AT are so wonderful together. I can overlook some inconsistencies in his behaviour just because I love seeing them in any scene together. Perhaps we can explain the inconsistencies as just John fighting against the abnormal inside of him. Sometimes he is winning the battle and sometimes not.
                                Thought something along those lines too.
                                I also think the creature inside of him will take control if it thinks Druitt's about to try and get it out - which probably happened after Haunted. That's why he tried different drugs. It was better for both of them not to have any control than to let it control.

But now? He's too worried about Magnus to try anything. His inner demon is the last thing he thinks about. His attention is foccused on Helen. Knowing this, I think it is resting, 'cause it knows John won't try anything.

Just MHO.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                Will... and the FBI girl I found just painful to watch, it reminded me way too much of the many teen movies out there with over the top awkward kids that don't know how to act around each other. *shudders*
                                I think I can agree - to a certain point. I'm telling myself it's Sanctuary, and if she were to come back, I'm hoping for better character developpement. But I guess we'll see. I personnally decided not to read much into it.
                                sigpic
                                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Working...
                                X