Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    Spoiler:

Eh? Well it changed in 2005 from 15 compressions to 2 breaths. I'm pretty sure when I took CPR 8000 years ago that it was 5 compressions to 1 breath.

ETA: http://firstaid.about.com/od/cprbasi...ave_a_life.htm
    Spoiler:
    So you were in the 5990 BC CPR class too? You are looking great for your age !!!!!

I also learned 5:1. In three different classes 5 years apart.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
      Spoiler:
      So you were in the 5990 BC CPR class too? You are looking great for your age !!!!!

I also learned 5:1. In three different classes 5 years apart.
      Yes, in the time before there was a Helen Magnus.

I just rewatched where Will teases Helen about her age and she calls him a cheeky monkey...
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

i think the most important thing my CPR instructor told me.....don't stress about doing it perfect, just do it. cause if htey need cpr, ain't like you're gonna hurt them. (ie they're dead, can't get much worse)
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've gotten used to bad CPR on TV. I hate it, but accept it for what/why it is. What I hate is injections into people's necks. Especially with long needles. I'm pretty sure that human physiology on TV is the same as off tv. Makes me yell at the tv. And injecting straight into a vein without an IV. Not done in modern medicine except by injection drug users. Which is not in modern medicine.

Back to your regularly scheduled episode critique.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

LOL

I do the same thing with Dexter. LIke last season how they found DNA in cremains, found mitochondrial DNA to link mother and son...and this season used Luminol (the stuff csi's use to see blood) to see blood without the uv light

great show, great story, just a BIT shaky on the research

sigpic

Comment

Hey I know it is a picky point, but as a CPR Instructor I find it frustrating when here it is 2010 and they are still doing it wrong. It is almost as frustrating as the misuse of the AED. For heavens sake-it is the most idiot simple device known to man. It not only tells your where to put the pads and where to plug it in, it also tells you when to deliver the shock.
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

yeah that is true. I tell my students it isn't like dead and almost dead, like in the Princess Bride. They are dead. I suspect with all the misinformation out there, that is why they are going to compression only in Europe anyway.
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

alrighty time for my review

wasn't equally as dodgy as the first one.. i think i liked the first one better tho.. some good moments.. like how Henry always gets sucked into Kate's ways and Big Guys. matrix kung fu .. also Walters massive run tot the phone and it being cut ahahah... bit sad not to see a show down between kate and helen.. would have been awesome... overall.. average epsiode got a bit of a laugh out of it... 6/10

EDIT: oh and i love Helen's trench coat :O *luffs*
                  sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                    alrighty time for my review

wasn't equally as dodgy as the first one.. i think i liked the first one better tho.. some good moments.. like how Henry always gets sucked into Kate's ways and Big Guys. matrix kung fu .. also Walters massive run tot the phone and it being cut ahahah... bit sad not to see a show down between kate and helen.. would have been awesome... overall.. average epsiode got a bit of a laugh out of it... 6/10

EDIT: oh and i love Helen's trench coat :O *luffs*
                    I loved Walter running to find a phone... lol!! and then he had to pull up his pants before they fell off!!! lmao!!

Helen's is awesome!! I want it!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I went in with very low expectations considering the fact i thought Hero wasn't my favourite episode. However i thought the sequel was pretty solid.
                      I'm interested to see if they are taking the Henry/Kate thing anywhere after the kiss. I thought there was quite a nice chemistry between them when she first came on the scene but they backed away from it(i guess so they could develop the character).

Other small things i liked. Walter pulling his pants up while running(great comic timing and felt so natural). Kate's delivery of 'just glad to be home'

Comment

a plot hole I think

at the end, kate is unconscious. walter says he'll take her back to the sanctuary so she can get there as quickly as possible....but helen and biggie - the two canon medical people - are both still in the city. Biggie KO'd by Kate no less.....so what good did it do to get Kate to the sanctuary if the people that can help her are still in the city?

sigpic

Comment

You are right, that might be a small problem

I haven't noticed it yet, but the Sanctuary is kind of empty at the moment. Who treats Kate? Lizzard guy?
                          sigpic

Comment

This episode was merely ok for me. I had a good time watching it and I'll admit once seeing the previews my expectations were quite low. That being said it did beat my expectations. Going into the episode I couldn't imagine why they would bring that suit back, but they pulled it off.

Next week looks awesome! I love Henry and seeing his Abnormal Wolfy side would be fun!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KaKaCarter View Post
                              I went in with very low expectations considering the fact i thought Hero wasn't my favourite episode. However i thought the sequel was pretty solid.
                              I'm interested to see if they are taking the Henry/Kate thing anywhere after the kiss. I thought there was quite a nice chemistry between them when she first came on the scene but they backed away from it(i guess so they could develop the character).

Other small things i liked. Walter pulling his pants up while running(great comic timing and felt so natural). Kate's delivery of 'just glad to be home'
                              i think the kiss is more because she was being controlled by her base instincts, if you have an attractive friend your probably not gonna kiss them like that, but with higher reasoning gone you probably would

Comment

We haven't seen chuck lately either

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X