X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    my review -

i enjoyed the ep!

didn't love it, but i didn't think i would. i 'know' every ep can't continue the seasons mythology, but...
    I liked it quite a bit, I thought it was fun and kind of a way for them to cut loose and have some fun.

things i liked and disliked, in random order:

*HELEN!

Spoiler:
    i'm sure that surprised some ppl. sorry for throwing out that surprise
    The only thing that surprises me is that you took so long to bring her up.

*cute bantery scenes, with henry/kate/helen, and with henry/walter.

*kate. i enjoyed kate. this ep cemented me liking her more than ashley. she just 'feels' a better fit for me. (though i DO miss mom/daughterness)

*i think too much time was spent on experimenting on kate.

*the bad guy was cute. i liked it that he wasn't really 'that' bad, like being concerned of kate's pain, and backing down to helen at the end.

*the bald guy that hit will was another stargater actor.

*LOVED kate's line at the end, where she said she was just glad to be home.
    Nicely said.

*helen's leather jacket.
    The woman has got style.

*kate getting back at the dudes in the warehouse.
    She knows how to fight.

*kate kissed henry! but henry didn't have time to really return it. dang.
    It still made some fans happy.

*walter being the hero. and that suit rejecting him for becoming a butt-weasel.
    I liked that moment, the suit saw him for who he'd become and it made him see it too.

*henry's niiiice arms.
    Nice arms? I didn't notice his arms.

on a side note... does anyone else notice that helen isn't IN as much of the eps as she used to be?
    It's still early in the season, and she had a lot to do in Bank Job. Anf there's still episodes to come that I know will have a lot of Helen.

I have noticed this though, last week was a Biggie/Tesla centric episode, this week was a Kate centric, and next week looks to be about Henry, then it follows Breach, which looks to have a lot of Helen. Do you think they're doing centric episodes for the characters one at a time?

the helen-will-kate-henry-biggie-tesla team feels like family. i like that. i LOVE that actually.

^ someone needs to make smilies of this group
    That sounds like a good idea.
    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      amanda's gorgeous.

oops, wrong thread.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

I actually quite enjoyed this episode. I had to laugh when I saw the runner/sneakers hanging off the wires when Walter was running to find the pay phone....silly random stuff like that is kinda cool.
        I didn't like Kate being tortured...I'm a bit over watching stuff like that since Ashley was tortured by the Cabal...actually it reminded me of what happened to Vala in Memento Mori. I did love the raunchy side of Kate but I think I would have liked to have seen a little more of the after effects on Kate. I'd love to see more of the fun side of Kate because she is such a fun character to watch and Agam plays her so well IMHO...she's awesome.
        Chris Gauthier was better in this ep...for me anyway. I think he's kinda cute...in a cute little brother type way.
        Loved Helen - as always.
        Felt a little bit sorry for Will...two concussions...poor bugger.
        I loved when Biggie did the old kung-fu stance and gestured to Kate to come get him...then she KO's him...giggled a bit at that part too.
        I wouldn't mind seeing Virgil again coz he seems like a guy who went off the rails somewhat...I don't think he's pure evil or anything like that so maybe he can pop back one day as a friend or someone who becomes an ally to the Sanctuary....just an idea.
        Still not liking the "Hank" thing...I adore Kate but I just don't like it when she calls Henry Hank. Loved when she kissed him though.
        One thing I noticed was Helen hesitating to shoot Kate...she did it with Ashley and she did it again with Kate...can she really afford to hesitate? I wonder what would have happened had she shot her when she had the chance? Would things have gone better or worse?
        the Normandy reference...did it sound like Helen may have been slightly annoyed that Henry and Kate were playing with her "mementos"? I mean she smirked when Kate asked if she had been at Normandy but when she realised that they had found the knife and Luger, she almost seemed annoyed that they "played" with her toys. What do you think she was about to say when she said..."to be honest...."
        The weapons inventory that Helen wanted from Kate - *Spoiler for future ep*
        Spoiler:
        could that also be a hint to the future ep with PDL's character Ernie coming back?

I did enjoy the ep. Have not been disappointed with any of season 3 yet...so I'm looking forward to next week.
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 November 2010, 11:49 PM.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I have noticed that Amanda seems to be in the background more often this season. It kinda buggs me but at the same time, I'm glad we get more face time with the other characters...

Now if they could just bring John back as a reoccuring character NOW, that would be great!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Emengee View Post
            I have noticed that Amanda seems to be in the background more often this season. It kinda buggs me but at the same time, I'm glad we get more face time with the other characters...

Now if they could just bring John back as a reoccuring character NOW, that would be great!
            well at least we'll get to see her very much up front in the historical episodes this season. i think magnus in her moment, outside and away from will, henry, big foot, kate, amongst her "peers" as it were, is stuff that i really really enjoy, something that i'd trade for seeing less of magnus here and there if i really had to. yes i'd rather see magnus all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by nesais View Post
              i didnt expect to like this episode. i didnt dislike it as much as i thought i would though. i didnt like the "wormhole x-treme" feeling it gave me with walter making a movie out of it. i thought kate in that costume would be cheesy based on the promos and trailers, but it wasnt at all cheesy imo when watching it in the epsiode. i liked when walter ran across the road to the pay phone, put the receiver to his ears/mouth and he realised it wasnt attached. dunno why i was amused by that but the music built up to it well.
              the fact that he'd smashed his phone barely a minute before he needed it, made that funny

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                the fact that he'd smashed his phone barely a minute before he needed it, made that funny
                yes! in the warehouse too, he smashed his phone there, and then when he was listening to the bad guys, behind those barrels he reached for his pocket, but lol no phone

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  I liked the ep.

Being a history buff, all the talk of Helen being in Normandy in '44 was very cool.

Just a thought about the Russian mob boss, could he be an abnormal that Helen helped at some point and that's why she knows him?

And what guy wouldn't want to see Kate in a cat suit or Helen for that matter?
                  Lol you sound like you want them to remake the Banned Avengers episode "A Touch of Brimstone" it was banned in the USA because of Diana Riggs outfit.
                  ----------------------------
                  You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    Haha omg that's awesome! Thanks for sharing.
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 November 2010, 10:19 AM. Reason: Tags changed.
                    sigpic
                    My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Emengee View Post
                      i'm hoping that means there's MORE helen later in the season
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Really? 5 compressions to 1 breath? Who taught these people CPR. Although we are going to have changes in the next few months-it is 30 compressions to 2 breaths for everybody with 1 person CPR and even in the clinical setting for adults, with two people-it is still 30 compressions to 2 breaths. Do they not have anybody on the set with any idea? It is so frustrating to watch these shows and have people get something this important wrong.
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                          Really? 5 compressions to 1 breath? Who taught these people CPR. Although we are going to have changes in the next few months-it is 30 compressions to 2 breaths for everybody with 1 person CPR and even in the clinical setting for adults, with two people-it is still 30 compressions to 2 breaths. Do they not have anybody on the set with any idea? It is so frustrating to watch these shows and have people get something this important wrong.

O.o
                          I dont recall CPR in this ep.

Comment

Oh you know what, I haven't been able to follow this show carefully and watched a few episodes together on line-this was Kali part 3. my bad.
                            I also did enjoy this episode. Kate has managed to grow on me. I just don't understand why Helen's daughter was written out and where John went.
                            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                              Spoiler:

Eh? Well it changed in 2005 from 15 compressions to 2 breaths. I'm pretty sure when I took CPR 8000 years ago that it was 5 compressions to 1 breath.

ETA: http://firstaid.about.com/od/cprbasi...ave_a_life.htm
                              Rescue breathing is still a part of CPR, but 10 years ago the ratio of compressions to breaths was 15:2 (5:1 if two rescuers worked together).
                              Last edited by suse; 14 November 2010, 03:20 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

and ALL shows have to do it wrong. or else they'd kill the actor playing dead

the only time they can approach doing it right is if there's a dummy on the bed/gurney/ground and not a real person.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X