Hero II (305)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had an uncle named virgil

i went into this with low expectations because Hero was one of the only episodes, when i rewatched them before TSE, i refused to rewatch. I consider it the shows low point and just how painfully cheesy it CAN be.

this was better. they didn't humiliate kate, which is a plus. they set it up so the guys didn't get to oogle her, another plus (a 'fun' thing show makers tend to like to do, humiliate the female characters by letting the boys see them naked). Walter seemed to learn a lesson, which was good.

I think it was as good as it could be. but it was like a sequel to Wormhole Extreme or Emancipation. if you dind't like the original that much, any sequel will fall flat
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      Agam did a great job in this episode, I'm glad that she got an episode to herself, and I wonder if she did the fighting moves herself.
      It was spot the stunt double time. The women that did Agam's stunts is bigger then her. You can clearly see the difference in the "apology scene".
      -------------------

This was a bit weaker then the other eps, but not bad. Kinda like Bank Job. It just wasnt that funny. But the scenes with Walter at the office (with Magnus), at Henry's lab and then with the Big Guy were fun lol
      Oh and the Big Guy getting ready to fight Kate! Major LOL moment!

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
        So the few redeeming things about this ep.
        - The comic book switches between the scenes really added to the feel of the ep
        - The interaction between Helen and Virgil (Tho' who names their kid Virgil? It's like saying this child will grow up to be the bad guy)
        - Helen's hair (yes it is a redeeming quality, leave me alone)
        OMG, that was classic. Loved it. Absolutely fitting.

Congrats, btw.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

i will probably have to rewatch this one to get a better feel, but it wasn't my favorite. I didn't love the first hero ep either, so I'm not surprised.

My favorite part of the ep was the few minutes of Henry and Kate pestering Mom Magnus over Normandy.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but as much as I am growing to love Kate, the suit was really distracting to me because when a spandex suit is hanging off your body that way, I want you to eat a cheeseburger. I'm not normally bothered by Kate's small size when she's dressed in her everyday Kate-wear, but the suit kind of annoyed me. Also, the faux cleavage was just silly.

The stunt doubling and cut backs to Kate also distracted me to no end.

Regarding next week:
          Spoiler:

I wish they'd put a team episode in between secondary character episodes. Love Henry and am super interested in learning more about his abnormality, but after an entire episode of Kate, I want more Magnus and mythology. Also, I need me a Druitt fix.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

The "Bad Guys" from Hero II is Zach from S01E11 Instinct : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1363452/

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              i will probably have to rewatch this one to get a better feel, but it wasn't my favorite. I didn't love the first hero ep either, so I'm not surprised.

My favorite part of the ep was the few minutes of Henry and Kate pestering Mom Magnus over Normandy.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but as much as I am growing to love Kate, the suit was really distracting to me because when a spandex suit is hanging off your body that way, I want you to eat a cheeseburger. I'm not normally bothered by Kate's small size when she's dressed in her everyday Kate-wear, but the suit kind of annoyed me. Also, the faux cleavage was just silly.

The stunt doubling and cut backs to Kate also distracted me to no end.

Regarding next week:
              Spoiler:

I wish they'd put a team episode in between secondary character episodes. Love Henry and am super interested in learning more about his abnormality, but after an entire episode of Kate, I want more Magnus and mythology. Also, I need me a Druitt fix.
              Agree! I was really enjoying tha bit at the start.

AT's clothes were tighter the Agam's lol
              But the suit on Walter wasn't fitting right either. Specially the mask in the nose area

Comment

Okay, I'll throw my 2 cents in to say: ME TOO as far as it was fine, but not my fave. I too didn't really enjoy the first Hero that much, and as I recall (vaguely, w/o looking it up) part of the reason was that I still was mourning Ashley but no one else seemed to be, but I digress....

Honestly, I was a bit distracted while watching this so to be fair I need another viewing. Bottom line, I felt it was just a way to sex Kate up, which she did beautifully. (And my husband greatly appreciated...He was particuarly mad at Magnus for covering her up in a certain scene. What a prude

The suit itself was cool and the concept was cool, but in a nutshell, the episode was one dimensional to me.

I do hope the wrestling fans stuck around and liked it But hoping for better things next week and SO LOOKING FORWARD TO BREACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace ya'll! Off to write fic now!
                sigpic
                A poor, struggling fanfic author...*holds cup out for reads and reviews*...chat w/me on Twitter or read fic here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nocleversig or on SFF.net

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  . Also, I need me a Druitt fix. ;
                  Just wanted to say a gigantic DITTO! on needing a Druitt fix. Not enough of him this season I'm sensing....sigh
                  sigpic
                  A poor, struggling fanfic author...*holds cup out for reads and reviews*...chat w/me on Twitter or read fic here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nocleversig or on SFF.net

Comment

Just to add my two cents this week as I didn't until late last week for that episode... *ponders if I reviewed Trail of Blood now or not*

Anyways this episode let me say just for the record it wasn't my favorite episode of the season nor was Hero my favorite episode from last season but I don't think these shows are designed to be favorites just funny little 'one shots' in a way...like a story, like Bank Job was this season. This episode turned out far better for me than I thought it would be but allow me to say that I think my feelings toward it are because I'm honestly NOT a comic book enthusiasist. *Ducks the tomatoes coming my way* Yes I know it's hard to believe and I do enjoy a good comic book in an area I'm interested in now and then but it's just not something I'm crazy over.

The way that they had Walter involved in the episode really impressed, I mean really. I thought he was just going to be a background/stick around, pay homage to the first 'adjuster' character and he wasn't...he had a legitimate part of the action and I really liked that.

This episode was by far in my opinion or so far one of Kate's (Agam's) shining stars in the Sanctuary world. I have to say she's growing on me and yes I know people may HATE me saying this but I actually think she fits in a little 'better' with the world of Sanctuary than Ashley did. Not that I'm dissing the actress before you all start throwing things, Emille is great and I've become a fan of her work, but just try in your mind to see Ashley in the situations we've seen since about episode 6 of last season, Fragments, and it just can't be done. She had too much history with the Sanctuary 'team', there wasn't enough tension and insecurity about what she had to do. But my point is I think Kate is fitting in very well and her scene at the end with Helen was perfect, she was just glad to be home and it was clear on Helen's face she was glad she was home too.

Though we didn't get to see a lot of Helen in this episode, at least not as much as I would have liked, I have to say the parts she was in rocked. But let me ask a question and NO I do not NORMALLY notice this people as I'm a girl but it just hit me wham bam last night. Amanda looks extremely HOT in that hazmat suit and I do mean in a good way. Normally when I've seen them in shows and movies they are very unflattering to an actor or actress but she looked comfortable, it fit tight enough to show off just enough of her figure and she made it look GOOD!!!!

Overall a great episode, all the characters had a great bit of growth in this show and it's one I'd watch again. As I said not my favorite episode of the season but I went into it not expecting it to be, just a fun little foray into the Sanctuary world and I got what I was hoping for. I'm going to rewatch it today
                    Sanctuary RULES!!!!
                    Melissa

Comment

Well, it was better than I had feared. They managed pretty well to walk the cheese line. It had a few good moments, but it's not in danger of becoming a favorite of mine.

I liked that Walter was treated as a real character.

I liked that the suit was kind of a character itself.

I liked the little moment where Kate said she was glad to be "home." It actually didn't feel forced to me.

Loved Magnus' long coat.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                        Agree! I was really enjoying tha bit at the start.

AT's clothes were tighter the Agam's lol
                        But the suit on Walter wasn't fitting right either. Specially the mask in the nose area
                        Well if they used his old suit...he has lost a lot of weight...

This episode turned out to be fun to watch. I should know better than to form opinions before hand (slap my own hand). My only concern, we need to get more people to watch. This show is much too good to go away too soon. I want another 3 to 5 years (or more if possible). So lets make sure there is plenty of word of mouth comments about the show!
                        Last edited by llp; 13 November 2010, 09:48 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

What happens with this season? It started so well, but the last 2 episodes were kinda lame

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            Well, it was better than I had feared. They managed pretty well to walk the cheese line. It had a few good moments, but it's not in danger of becoming a favorite of mine.

I liked that Walter was treated as a real character.

I liked that the suit was kind of a character itself.

I liked the little moment where Kate said she was glad to be "home." It actually didn't feel forced to me.

Loved Magnus' long coat.
                            Yea, I felt the same, it was much better than Heros I and I found Walter's character more endearing. I didn't mind Kate in this one, her Cat Woman wasn't as cheesey as I feared it may have been. I also agree with what someone said about not embarassing the female character by having every one see her naked. It was handled well and yes, now we know why Magnus wears long coats

I also like that Kate was dealing with the guilt she felt for hurting everyone.
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

A quite good episode but it won't become my favorite episode of the season. It was a solid episode with some really good moments in it. The previous episodes were simply better.
                              In my opinion there were not enough character interaction moments. But I really loved the beginning with Henry and Kate trying to get an answer from Magnus. Amandas face is just great and the end: Nice that Kate feels at home at the Sanctuary. Btw: I want that place at the window with the great view
                              I would have liked it better if Kate had spend more time running around searching for people from her past. In my opinion she was tied up too long.
                              The mob boss thing was nice
                              I really hope we learn more about Helens time in France in `44

Originally posted by NoCleverSig View Post
                              Just wanted to say a gigantic DITTO! on needing a Druitt fix. Not enough of him this season I'm sensing....sigh
                              I totaly agree! It's about time for Druitt to return
                              sigpic

Comment

After a couple of episodes liking Kate more, I didn't like her much in this one. I did like the comic book flashes between scenes and Helen in leather. This season hasn't had much of Helen in leather, it needs more

Comment

Working...
                                X