Trail of Blood (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    And you think the leader wouldn't have protection against people like that? Thats what is hard to accpeat.
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    i think the cabal was intensely arrogant. they didn't think that anyone could or would come after them.

by the time they realized they were wrong, it was too late and they were on the hit list
    Agreed, Sky. I don't think they thought abnormals would know enough about them to go after them. Perhaps they thought John was too unstable. Dude, they killed his *daughter*. And they were in Nicola's way for his plan of world domination (as well as Nicola having known Ashley). They had to be destroyed. So John teleports in, they each kill in their own way, teleport out. Or they split up and each take out a section. I'd imagine a combination of that. Those two "adolescents" can't be around each other for long.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I LOVED this ep. My personal favourite so far.

I liked that there was two stories for us to follow, coming together at the end only with that beautiful scene in the cathedral. (It was the same place as Ashley's funeral, right?)

And overall, since the beginning of this season, I'm really happy to see more of Biggie. He's well thought in the episode, doesn't feel thrown in. Since 301, I'm just totally in love with him! I'm really glad of how he turned out.
      I agree with what some others have said, his background episode was overdue. I'm glad we got it!

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      Another really good episode. I adored the Bigfoot and Kate storyline, great interaction between the two and it was great to get some more backstory on the Big Guy. The Father Clark situation is also really interesting and a nice teaser to end the episode on. My theory is that he has something to do with
      Spoiler:
      the new Jekyll and Hyde character played by Ian Tracey, esp with the 'judged your soul not your appearance' line.
      Great mystery, I can't wait to see how it plays out.
      That's what I thought too.
      When he talked to Biggie by the end of the episode, I told myself, 'How convenient, another priest to help him.' I should have known he was a baddy. At the end though, I laughed, 'Of course! Why didn't I see it coming?' I think whatever he really is will make an interesting story. So far, I'm not that much into it, but I still loof forward to the next ep he'll appear in.

The Tesla storyline was also fun, again great interactions and banter between the characters, esp Henry and Tesla. I especially enjoyed the callback to Ashley and the Cabal and the confrontation between Helen and Tesla about him going after the Source blood. I think it shows a change in Helen since last year, where before the scientist in Helen would have agreed with Tesla in trying to salvage some of the blood, after what happened to Ashley I think Helen is more than happy to destroy every last remnant of it.
      Ahhh, the Ashley reference. I was sooo happy to hear it. IMO, we should have had more of it in season 2, but I'm glad it was brought in in this episode. Felt completly right, and you can finally see how much it affected Helen. Not that I thought it didn't, but you know, they moved on so fast after Ashley's death in season 2 - they had to, it's a TV Show - that I was a little disapointed. It was a really nice call back and a great opportunity to see how Helen feels, the shock of her death now passed.
      I liked how Nikola didn't want to tell her, but knew he had to. It was a nice moment.

Originally posted by sanctuary girl View Post
      Henry and Nikola together are really funny. I think Henry anmires/worships the guy, because he is a tech genius but on the other hand he hates his attitude. So their interaction is always great
      I agree! Henry was really funny. He totally hates him because, let's face it, Nikola is/can be a jerk, but he is a genius. ;P

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
      and on Helens outburst (which was really infomative, too), that's what i wrote in msn:
      Spoiler:
      I think she's overreacting.. but not only because she still hasn't got over Ashley (to be honest.. who gets ever really over the death of their kid?), but also, because she fears something similar would happen to Nikola..
      I don't know just how close she was with James and Griffin, but i always see them as her (really good) friends. Apart from the fact that they're also dead, all three people that
      correction:
      two of the three people she really LOVED, her almost husband and her child where used by dark stuff connected with the blood and became her villains.. i think that's even harder to watch than to know they died kinda peacefully..
      so i can see why she doesn't want to lose the last of her most beloved ones.. and certainly not because of the same thing like the others
      Not spoilered 'cause it's related to this ep:
      It's interesting. I thought something along those lines, but more centered on The Five.
      Griffin's dead, Watson's dead. God knows what happen to Druitt at the end of Haunted. Three of the four men she's closest to already 'died' - I put John in the dead category because we don't know anything right now. I think that's where her reaction comes from when she understands Tesla intends on sacrificing himself. If he dies, then she really is the last of The Five.

anyone notice, the scene of 'operation paranormal' investigation? from Instinct in season one. the warehouse and reporter episode.

so multiple call backs.
      Yep - I noticed it! Made me laugh.

Originally posted by suse View Post
      I hope not. I love his overweening sense of importance. As much as I love seeing him, I'd rather him not be there too often. He'd take over the show.
      I agree. I think we love Nikola because we don't get to see him often. If he's there every episode, it would ruined the fun, IMO.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      first off, the guy that was accused to killing the priest... right away i knew i knew that guy, and then realized it was the mongol kid from 'emancipation' that kidnapped sam! i wouldn't have been able to recognize him if i hadn't seen that ep recently.
      That's why he looked familiar!

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Yeah, I'm wondering what they wanted with Helen and Nikola...was it for food or simply a source for more blood...not killing them as that would deplete there source blood?? I guess that's where fan fiction may step in.
      I thought it was because there blood is more 'pure' than the one in the cave, so the insects felt more attracted to it.
      Something like that anyway.
      sigpic
      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

FINALLY around to posting my thought about this episode.... In defense to myself however Sanctuary has been what's keeping me busy

Anyways on with the critique or rather my humble opinion which you know what they say about opinions

Overall I ADORED the episode, I mean come on how could you not? A nice little action adventure and while Will and Helen were 'playfully annoying' each other over Tesla in the background Henry was the voice of logic and then he's being annoying with Tesla so it was just PERFECT!!!

Let me just go on record as saying I don't ship Helen with anyone so I look at this from a friendship perspective and it was very clear that despite what others may read as concern and love between this person or that I saw Helen and Nikola simply have that 'deep friendship/ respect' thing going on and it was really nice. Everything from the way he started to tell the story and not tell it at the same time and to her wink when he was rescued and he thanked her to her patting him on the back before the scene cut away. I have to also say that Nikola's 'several thank you's' always directed at Helen spoke volumes as well; Will & Henry are helping to save his life and he only thanks the lady...NICE. LOL

The call out to Ashley, the Cabal and the Source Blood was really nice and the story was woven together in just the right way so it didn't feel rushed or forced. It also gave us a chance to see despite the losses how much Tesla hasn't changed and how much Helen has!!!! I totally agree with her desire to destroy the nest and her statements and anger about never seeing another Cabal or another 'Ashley' created in the pursuit of Source Blood.

Though it wasn't my favorite storyline because well I just don't usually get into the b-story like I do the a-story; I tend to follow the lead characters not supporting so much, but this was WONDERFUL!!!! Despite all the fan fiction I've read, the discussion, even what was shown in the webisodes no one imagined that the Big Guy met Helen that way or that a priest who understood abnormals was involved. It was greatly done and showed a depth and understanding of his character that we haven't seen before. He's really growing by leaps and bounds this season in my humble opinion of course.

I caught all the little nuiances specifically the paranormal operations aka Ghost Hunters and Fort Deleware reference right away but only because I watched ALL those hours live just case Amanda was there...it was 'interesting' for sure.

The end with Helen and the Big Guy was just great, as he was there for her in Eulogy she was there for him in this episode and it just showed in a simple touch how much strength and love could be conveyed. It was GREAT.

And despite what folks say I have to say that the funniest scene in the ENTIRE episode, and may Magnus and all the other characters forgive me, was Kate coming in with that hat and outfit on. LOL I mean come on, SERIOUSLY and talking about this frequent flier thing...How could anyone NOT laugh about it? LOL

Overall again GREAT job Team Sanctuary!!! Keep em comin' for a long, long time. Unlike SG1 or SGA I've gotten involved with this show from the first moment not in repeats and I'm likin' it, I'm lovin' it, I'm wantin' more of it. LOL (Lord almighty that was corny even for me )
        Sanctuary RULES!!!!
        Melissa

Comment

Was fun to see the guy survived even though I really dislike the vampire fad these days. But he's not a vampire anymore! He's magneto.

Helen said ******* again, lol.

Nice reference to Ashley, glad to see things from the past still affect her so. I was hoping for a queen bee with the bug things.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            Agreed, Sky. I don't think they thought abnormals would know enough about them to go after them. Perhaps they thought John was too unstable. Dude, they killed his *daughter*. And they were in Nicola's way for his plan of world domination (as well as Nicola having known Ashley). They had to be destroyed. So John teleports in, they each kill in their own way, teleport out. Or they split up and each take out a section. I'd imagine a combination of that. Those two "adolescents" can't be around each other for long.
            Those vampires they created in S2 were no match for John and Druitt without creating a weapon. I don't buy it. If they are smart as they were portrayed then they would have protection against Tesla and Druitt from just easily killing them. For example they would have also used an EM shield against Druitt.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
              Another really good episode. I adored the Bigfoot and Kate storyline, great interaction between the two and it was great to get some more backstory on the Big Guy. The Father Clark situation is also really interesting and a nice teaser to end the episode on. My theory is that he has something to do with
              Spoiler:
              the new Jekyll and Hyde character played by Ian Tracey, esp with the 'judged your soul not your appearance' line.
              Great mystery, I can't wait to see how it plays out.

The Tesla storyline was also fun, again great interactions and banter between the characters, esp Henry and Tesla. I especially enjoyed the callback to Ashley and the Cabal and the confrontation between Helen and Tesla about him going after the Source blood. I think it shows a change in Helen since last year, where before the scientist in Helen would have agreed with Tesla in trying to salvage some of the blood, after what happened to Ashley I think Helen is more than happy to destroy every last remnant of it.

Only real complaint is the shortened opening credits. Is this happening in other countries as well or is it just an annoying Syfy thing?
              I agree with your comments, well said.

In Canada, we get the full opening credits. I am beginning to like the new opening theme music.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              The season just keeps getting better and better. I loved both stories. It was great to see Tesla back doing what he always does, being a pain in the a$$ following his own agenda. The callback to what happened to Ashley was a nice touch, went with the story and wasn't a forced add on (brilliant performance by AT and JY there). The one-liners were as entertaining as ever.
              The only person annoying me was Will and his stick in the mud performance. I mean come on, he's telling Helen what kind of person Tesla is? She's known the guy for a century and half, Will has met him what... two times and now he's an expert?

The second story was long overdue. Kate was a new character in S2 but still got two eps focused (or half focused) on her and her past, but we had to wait till S3 to find out something about Biggie that was more then a random line thrown in. It wasn't much, but it's a start. The last scene with Helen was amazing. Especially the contrast between the visual grandness of the cathedral and the intimacy of the scene.

Shallow note / Helen in jeans + thigh straps =HOT!
              LOL. I never even noticed the jeans and thigh straps.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Good episode. Tesla was a treat as usual. But I loved that they didn't just use him for "fun," they addressed the seriousness of the source blood & how it was used against Ashley.

Great moment from AT when addressing that. And then Tesla turns away and can't look at her. Part of him does feel bad for hurting Helen. And then Helen's reaction when they think Nicola is dead, was great too.

Henry getting sucked in by Tesla and sort of hero-worshipping despite himself was fun. And Will got to be the voice of reason.

It was kind of cute how he and Henry wore the headlamps but Magnus didn't. I had to think Magnus wouldn't think it looked dignified or something.

I liked that we got more backstory on Big Guy. And yeah, I pegged the new "priest" as totally evil from minute one. Great final moment with him and Helen--when she squeezed his arm... sniff.

Oh, and Big Guy and Kate discovering they both love watching that paranormal show was fun. I love how they made Big Guy finding out about his friend the priest come out of a great character moment. It felt natural as you watched.
              They understand that character moments can "advance the story." I used to have issues with another show when they'd say character moments don't advance the story.

Incidentally, did I see that there was a new writer on this ep?

I'm peeved about cutting the opening music again.

and I'm skeptical about next week. Are they copying themselves already? But then Hero had some good moments despite the cheesiness, so they may pull it off again. They have a way of doing that...
              I agree (no surprise there).

It was a new writer, Gillian Horvath. Met her on the tour but didn't get much time to talk to her. Thought she did a great job on this ep.

anyone notice, the scene of 'operation paranormal' investigation? from Instinct in season one. the warehouse and reporter episode.

so multiple call backs.
              One other, Damian used to write for a show called PSI Factor, about paranormal activity.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I guess I'll have to be different. I'm not in love with it like everyone else. It was not overly bad but it was good either. It was just meh. I found the Tesla slow going and uneventful for a while. It seemed like to have little point. Even when they were locked in a Cabal bunker and got more interesting as they explored the reasons Tesla was down here something was still off. I can't put my finger on it. Don't get me wrong, the discovery of what happened to the source blood was interesting but something just didn't click which is sad because Tesla episodes are usually good.

Speaking of the Cabal since they were referenced, am I the only one who finds their demise a tad unrealastic. A shadow organization older then the Sanctuary network should be more resourceful then to crumble at the end failure of one mission.The B plot makes up for a lot of things because I found it really interesting. I liked seeing the backstory of who the Big Guy was and where he came from. And how and why those two murders occured will be an interesting development for future episodes.
              Re: bolded part. No you are not alone. While I get not want Season 2 to become all about the hunting down of the Cabal, their demise was way too easy and quick IMO. If it was so easy for Tesla and John to wipe out the Cabal then why weren't they doing that earlier?

I loved the return of Tesla, In addition to his banter with Helen, which I have always loved, I really enjoyed the Tesla/Henry banter. I will say this again, I am loving the return (to me) in Season 3 to the LOL Henry lines.

Loved the reference to Ashley and seeing how painful it still is for Helen.

On a side note, we saw the cave set on our tour, very cool. The floor which looks like dirt is actually little rubber pellets. Less messy and very cushy underfoot!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
                Couldn’t help but notice AT was wearing her F*Cancer bracelet throughout the entire episode. A very nice touch.
                I thought I saw that! I did a double take but said "nah!" V. cool that AT has one. I bought one a while back when work started getting to me to be a visual reminder of why I got into my line of work in the first place. Visual cues can be amazing attitude adjusters!

Still have to do a rewatch at some point. Most likely Friday before the new ep airs.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

so multiple call backs.
                  I *thought* that was it. Somehow I didn't notice the bluejeans. I will have to check on rewatch. Though jeans are pretty practical for what they were doing.

Comment

Just rewatched and came up with my list of favorite quotes:

Breakfast isn’t the time for salted cod- Will to Biggie

What if he’s posing as the king of a lost mountain tribe and wants me to be his queen? - Helen to Will

Hope you brought your headlamps—which I know you did because I packed them for you. – Henry

Maybe he’s building the mother of all wine cellars – Henry

Look away, I’m hideous. – Nikola

Hold still, Genius. – Henry to Tesla

Boys! – Magnus before caving in the cave

... it has a few drawbacks, like if you’re not careful, your razor sticks to your face – Tesla

Care to assist? – Tesla
                    HELL YEAH… I mean… whatever –Henry

Dude, did you not see The Fly? You could become half vampire, half centipede! – Henry

sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                      I thought it was because there blood is more 'pure' than the one in the cave, so the insects felt more attracted to it.
                      Something like that anyway.
                      maybe they thought they were mummy and daddy?

Comment

maybe like the SGA episode, where sheppard could walk into the lair of the iratus bugs because he was changing into one

except, in this case, the centipedes probably saw magnus and tesla as 'source blood' for the next generation of buggies.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
                          haha, thanks, now i know finally why he looked hinda familiar XD
                          Your welcome. I can't help it, I watch Star Wars too much, LOL!! But on a serious note, I agree with a few posts above, it was most likely the guy who played Major Marks on Stargate.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

What a great episode, I kind of felt like the Tesla plot was the main plot of the episode but then at the end the Big Guy/Kate plot took over in interest for me and arc significance. I'm wondering if fake priest had to first make an emotional connection with the Big Guy before he could get inside his head.

Tesla = the new Magneto
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              i love the helen/tesla relationship!

while i mildly ship them, it's their individual personalities being made to spend time together that fuels the fun in watching them.

and besides, i think helen has a thing for bad boys (like i think sam did too)
                              not so sure about Sam, Amandas on record saying that Helen is a much more sensual character than Sam was. Helen was defiantly into the idea of being the Queen of the tribe :-)
                              ----------------------------
                              You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

I have to say I was a little disappointed in the episode. Maybe I was spoiled by the other Tesla shows being so over the top great, that this one was good, but didn't seem as good as the Tesla ones usually are.

I guess I missed some of the one liners. I kept falling asleep. Not a good sign. The magnet thing isn't as cool as the electricity or vampire I guess. I have to agree with Tesla on that one.

Oh. The bugs reminded of me of replicators. I wonder if they used the same sound track or noise effects for their feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X