Trail of Blood (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    Another really good episode. I adored the Bigfoot and Kate storyline, great interaction between the two and it was great to get some more backstory on the Big Guy. The Father Clark situation is also really interesting and a nice teaser to end the episode on. My theory is that he has something to do with
    Spoiler:
    the new Jekyll and Hyde character played by Ian Tracey, esp with the 'judged your soul not your appearance' line.
    Great mystery, I can't wait to see how it plays out.

The Tesla storyline was also fun, again great interactions and banter between the characters, esp Henry and Tesla. I especially enjoyed the callback to Ashley and the Cabal and the confrontation between Helen and Tesla about him going after the Source blood. I think it shows a change in Helen since last year, where before the scientist in Helen would have agreed with Tesla in trying to salvage some of the blood, after what happened to Ashley I think Helen is more than happy to destroy every last remnant of it.

Only real complaint is the shortened opening credits. Is this happening in other countries as well or is it just an annoying Syfy thing?
    Shortedned opening credits happen so times, but more or less they return to normal.

Oh, I like your spoiler thoery.
    sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

The season just keeps getting better and better. I loved both stories. It was great to see Tesla back doing what he always does, being a pain in the a$$ following his own agenda. The callback to what happened to Ashley was a nice touch, went with the story and wasn't a forced add on (brilliant performance by AT and JY there). The one-liners were as entertaining as ever.
      The only person annoying me was Will and his stick in the mud performance. I mean come on, he's telling Helen what kind of person Tesla is? She's known the guy for a century and half, Will has met him what... two times and now he's an expert?

The second story was long overdue. Kate was a new character in S2 but still got two eps focused (or half focused) on her and her past, but we had to wait till S3 to find out something about Biggie that was more then a random line thrown in. It wasn't much, but it's a start. The last scene with Helen was amazing. Especially the contrast between the visual grandness of the cathedral and the intimacy of the scene.

Shallow note / Helen in jeans + thigh straps =HOT!
      sigpic

Comment

when kate walked in with that hat....lord that was cute. it was funny to see miss badass in a ski bib and silly hat.

I think will was such a stick in the mud simply because that's his job. He's there to question helen and make her think rather than just going along. (and someone had to be the antagonist to kick off all the reluctance.)

he also needed to address the elephant in the room, the fact that every time they've 'helped' tesla, he has had an ulterior motive. he's used them...and if they continued to just help him unquestioning we'd be saying how 'stupid' they are to keep falling for it.

as to father clark
        Spoiler:

my thought is that he's ex cabal and his goal is to take down/takecontrol of the sanctuary. he killed the other priest to gain access and trust with the sanctuary, he'll infiltrate and try to take them down...and then there will be biggie/others tension if biggie believes in Clark and the others are 'umm, really?'
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Good episode. Tesla was a treat as usual. But I loved that they didn't just use him for "fun," they addressed the seriousness of the source blood & how it was used against Ashley.

Great moment from AT when addressing that. And then Tesla turns away and can't look at her. Part of him does feel bad for hurting Helen. And then Helen's reaction when they think Nicola is dead, was great too.

Henry getting sucked in by Tesla and sort of hero-worshipping despite himself was fun. And Will got to be the voice of reason.

It was kind of cute how he and Henry wore the headlamps but Magnus didn't. I had to think Magnus wouldn't think it looked dignified or something.

I liked that we got more backstory on Big Guy. And yeah, I pegged the new "priest" as totally evil from minute one. Great final moment with him and Helen--when she squeezed his arm... sniff.

Oh, and Big Guy and Kate discovering they both love watching that paranormal show was fun. I love how they made Big Guy finding out about his friend the priest come out of a great character moment. It felt natural as you watched.
          They understand that character moments can "advance the story." I used to have issues with another show when they'd say character moments don't advance the story.

Incidentally, did I see that there was a new writer on this ep?

I'm peeved about cutting the opening music again.

and I'm skeptical about next week. Are they copying themselves already? But then Hero had some good moments despite the cheesiness, so they may pull it off again. They have a way of doing that...
          Last edited by jckfan55; 06 November 2010, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

as to father clark
            Spoiler:

my thought is that he's ex cabal and his goal is to take down/takecontrol of the sanctuary. he killed the other priest to gain access and trust with the sanctuary, he'll infiltrate and try to take them down...and then there will be biggie/others tension if biggie believes in Clark and the others are 'umm, really?'
            It seems there are more than one plot/story developing and that is good. With 20 eps it gives room for multiple story arcs like SG-1 and SGA had. So should be interesting how they play out this season.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              The season just keeps getting better and better. I loved both stories. It was great to see Tesla back doing what he always does, being a pain in the a$$ following his own agenda. The callback to what happened to Ashley was a nice touch, went with the story and wasn't a forced add on (brilliant performance by AT and JY there). The one-liners were as entertaining as ever.
              The only person annoying me was Will and his stick in the mud performance. I mean come on, he's telling Helen what kind of person Tesla is? She's known the guy for a century and half, Will has met him what... two times and now he's an expert?

The second story was long overdue. Kate was a new character in S2 but still got two eps focused (or half focused) on her and her past, but we had to wait till S3 to find out something about Biggie that was more then a random line thrown in. It wasn't much, but it's a start. The last scene with Helen was amazing. Especially the contrast between the visual grandness of the cathedral and the intimacy of the scene.
              I enjoyed the overall performances from everyone, and and I thought the mention of Ashley was nice touch, and how Helen reacted to that. You could tell there was still some pain there. I liked how Will talked about Tesla to Helen at the start, and he is right, since his first appearance on the show, he's caused trouble for Helen at some degree, and had his own plans, so Will was right about this time. Yeah Helen knows who he is, but he's also her friend/colleague, so she knew she needed to answer the SOS call. But yeah, Tesla is awesome.

I'm happy we got a big Biggie story, and that Kate got to share this with him. It was also cool that he can tell one when is lying based on how scared they are, and the last scene with Helen and Biggie was very good, I think it showed just how close they are. The last scene when the bad priest walks off, and the credits come up, was a cool effect.

Shallow note / Helen in jeans + thigh straps =HOT!
              I'm also a fan of blue jeans.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              Good episode. Tesla was a treat as usual. But I loved that they didn't just use him for "fun," they addressed the seriousness of the source blood & how it was used against Ashley.

Great moment from AT when addressing that. And then Tesla turns away and can't look at her. Part of him does feel bad for hurting Helen. And then Helen's reaction when they think Nicola is dead, was great too.
              I like that when they bring him on, he doesn't *just* come on, he actually has a story, and it works really well for the episode. I thought it was a good moment when he was talking about "events" and didn't want to say Ashley's name, he didn't want to hurt Helen and I thought that was a noble moment. Yeah, her reaction when she thought Tesla was dead, and alive were great.

Henry getting sucked in by Tesla and sort of hero-worshipping despite himself was fun. And Will got to be the voice of reason.

It was kind of cute how he and Henry wore the headlamps but Magnus didn't. I had to think Magnus wouldn't think it looked dignified or something.
              We should have more scenes with Henry and Tesla because they are the "techno geniuses" on the show, so I would like to see them work together more often, and I would like it to be a "Sam and Mckay" kinda thing.

Helen doesn't need headlamps, she's got her boys to light up the caves.

I'm peeved about cutting the opening music again.
              A soon as I saw that the credits were normal I wondered if they were normal or shortened elsewhere like last week.

and I'm skeptical about next week. Are they copying themselves already? But then Hero had some good moments despite the cheesiness, so they may pull it off again. They have a way of doing that...
              I thought Hero was quite good, it broght some good humor to the episode, and I saw the promo for next week, and it looks to have some good action.

Comment

who was that playing Father Clark?

Great episode.... liked how they referenced Ashley...have to admit, i kinda hope it's a hint to bringing her back... but that's just me..

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                  who was that playing Father Clark?
                  I'm not sure, but I think it was Martin Christopher. The guy who played Lt/Captain/Major Marks on stargate.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                    I'm not sure, but I think it was Martin Christopher. The guy who played Lt/Captain/Major Marks on stargate.
                    i thought it was Marks as well.... but he seems a bit... rounder in the face than i remember..

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                      i thought it was Marks as well.... but he seems a bit... rounder in the face than i remember..
                      It happens.
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Loved the ep. Both Biggie's story and Tesla were great. I love Telsa so much.
                        He has the best lines. Tesla and Henry ep would be awesome. They actors have great chemistry (sp). Despite the whole shady part of his personality Henry sees the genious he is.

A little off topic regarding the eps airing dates:
                        Spoiler:
                        But I get the feeling that next week's ep was suppose to be today (they've said several times it was ep 4) and I think that will break the link between this ep and Animus.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, though I did feel it was a set-up/transitional ep, it had lots of great stuff.

+The Henry/Tesla geek banter had me cracking up
                          +Loved Loved LOVED them showing that Ashley is still a very raw wound for Magnus
                          +Biggie/Kate bonding continues. Soon, I bet, she'll be getting head smacks of her own. (Though I hate it when tv makeup artists do silly things like put shimmery eye-shadow on someone who walks into a tv room with a towel on her head fresh from a shower )
                          +Nikola taking a bug-- total set up to more source blood antics
                          +Father Clark = IMO set up to new big bad. But we'll see.

I'll have to rewatch to remember some of the other things that tickled me. But definitely a keeper.
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

with kate's shower, i cringed with her sitting on the couch, hours later, her hair still up in a turban. Doesn't happen. they're uncomfortable for that long and your hail will be a knotted mess.

but i figured that 'reality' fell victim to the need for a tv image
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode, Tesla is back and he had some great moments with Helen. I simply can't stop smiling about his flirting. I love Tesla.
                              Henry and Nikola together are really funny. I think Henry anmires/worships the guy, because he is a tech genius but on the other hand he hates his attitude. So their interaction is always great

The Ashley Moment was great. I am so glad they didn't simply forget her and Helens reaction showed that there are still deep feelings.

More big guy please!!! I enjoyed the story and I would like to know more about this time.

Kates hat was sweet
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                with kate's shower, i cringed with her sitting on the couch, hours later, her hair still up in a turban. Doesn't happen. they're uncomfortable for that long and your hail will be a knotted mess.

but i figured that 'reality' fell victim to the need for a tv image
                                Agreed. It would have been as effective, IMO, if she came down with a wet head, and maybe a comb.
                                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Working...
                                X