No announcement yet.

Trail of Blood (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fired up his own personal electromagnetic shield?

as to the cabal, it wasn't just one failed mission that sank them, druitt, and it was just revealed, tesla, went a little 'jaffa revenge' on the cabal. Any organization like them and if you kill off the right leaders, the rest just crumble. and that's probably what they did, assassinated the leaders and the rest scurried away.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      first off, the guy that was accused to killing the priest... right away i knew i knew that guy, and then realized it was the mongol kid from 'emancipation' that kidnapped sam! i wouldn't have been able to recognize him if i hadn't seen that ep recently.

loved the ashley reference! and helen's reaction to this.

loved tesla feeling bad about the situation. he loves helen, and no matter how much he wants to return to vamp, he genuinely doesn't want to hurt or disappoint her.

how did tesla survive? did he pull the door or other metal around him to survive the explosion?

nice side story about biggie. he's not a fave character of mine, but i like what they're doing with him this season. loved the scene where the nice priest told biggie that there was a place, where all god's children were welcome... i just wish they could have showed biggie meeting helen for the first time.

cute moment/reference to the ghost hunters type show and ep that biggie and kate were watching. total reference to amanda's time on the show.
      -LOL same here with the kid who was off of "Emancipation". I knew I recognized him too
      -Yea I loved the Ashley reference too. It was great that they mentioned her.
      -Hee Yea I liked how Nikola wanted to be a vamp again & that he shows how he cares for Helen. **hint** By thanking her when he held her hand
      -Yea I'm pretty sure he used his abilities to surround himself in metal.
      -Omg yessss!! I wish we could've saw when he met Helen! That would've been so great ^_^
      -I've been wanting to see her in that show but I don't know where to see it at.
      sigpic
      My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post
        Shortedned opening credits happen so times, but more or less they return to normal.
        I hope so, it just annoys me that it seems like it's only SyFy that's shortened the opening, Space in Canada seems to be showing the full one.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Incidentally, did I see that there was a new writer on this ep?
        Yep, this was new writer Gillian Horvath's first episode.

but in what way? using a metal wall to protect himself?
        Yeah, it looked like he used that metal wall to shield himself from the brunt of the fire of the explosion.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

as to the cabal, it wasn't just one failed mission that sank them, druitt, and it was just revealed, tesla, went a little 'jaffa revenge' on the cabal. Any organization like them and if you kill off the right leaders, the rest just crumble. and that's probably what they did, assassinated the leaders and the rest scurried away.
        Yeah, I figured Tesla and Druitt took out the Cabal leadership, so while the separate cells may still exist they're not the global threat they used to be. Kate did mention in Firewall that they're a lot of ex-Cabal people still running around. Personally I like that the Cabal isn't still the big bad on the show, these occasional callbacks are enough for me.

sigpic

Comment

kill the leaders and you remove the paycheck. remove the paycheck and the loyalty goes with it

they'll still keep up what they were doing, or alter what they were doing - such as becoming bounty hunters or trading in the trafficking of abnormals, or a few might go underground with their research.

but instead of one giant agency with a limitless pocketbook, there are a bunch of little cells that are a pain, but not insurmountable.

it's actually what SG1 would have faced with the goa'uld. Kill off the main baddies and little ones step up. soem better, some worse. but it can almost be more work to topple the little cells than it was to kill the main 'big bad'

this is also the first time we've known that both tesla and druitt hunted the cabal. prior to this, we just knew it was druitt.

sigpic

Comment

this is also the first time we've known that both tesla and druitt hunted the cabal. prior to this, we just knew it was druitt.
            i could have sworn it was mentioned before, b/c i knew the both were hunting them.

i rewatched the ep today. (ff through some biggie stuff)

i'm very curious on what this notpriest guy wants. he's prob an abnormal, seeing as he murdered the cop (how, i don't know).

i picked up on some stuff i first missed in the ep, like nikola saying it was same blood type that made the little critters attracted to him (and helen). i still don't know what they were doing with nikola in that cocoon, and whether that was what they would have done with helen. i *really* hope it wasn't for 'food'.

and i think notpriest guy is that major marks actor too.

LOVED helen's outfit on this mission! --> need pics!
            sally

sigpic

Comment

if i understood it right, the source blood permeated the rocks, making the super centipedes. obviously made them smart and sentient.

they sensed the same blood in tesla, and seemed to want to keep him for some reason. it obviously wasn't food or he'd have been eaten by now. once they got close enough to helen, they sensed it in her too.

same premise as naqahdah i think. the bugs sensed it just like one goa'uld senses another

sigpic

Comment

when helen and wil opened up that metal ceiling, and we saw the nest... the first thing that popped into my head was the 'aliens' movie and those creepy nests.

~images team magnus coming into contact with the aliens from 'aliens'... x 100~

i hope, in some furture ep, biggie thinks back to his first meeting with helen... i could *love* to see that.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

i love the helen/tesla relationship!

while i mildly ship them, it's their individual personalities being made to spend time together that fuels the fun in watching them.

and besides, i think helen has a thing for bad boys (like i think sam did too)
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                    who was that playing Father Clark?

Great episode.... liked how they referenced Ashley...have to admit, i kinda hope it's a hint to bringing her back... but that's just me..
                    Yeah, I second that idea.
                    sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

I'm certain it was mentioned that it was both. More focus was on Druitt, but I'm sure it was mentioned that both went after the Cabal. Eulogy, I think. Will have to rewatch.
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

my review - (i had one going, but hit a wrong key... did everyone feel the eruption of my tickedness? )
                        What?

first off, the guy that was accused to killing the priest... right away i knew i knew that guy, and then realized it was the mongol kid from 'emancipation' that kidnapped sam! i wouldn't have been able to recognize him if i hadn't seen that ep recently.

i'll say this right off the bat, and it won't be a surprise to anyone... i really wish this was the helen magnus show.
                        I kinda had a feeling about that kid, but I didn't really think much of it, but I'm glad you picked that up. You should say that to Amanda next time you meet her about the new name for the show.

loved the ashley reference! and helen's reaction to this.

loved tesla feeling bad about the situation. he loves helen, and no matter how much he wants to return to vamp, he genuinely doesn't want to hurt or disappoint her.

fun bantering with everyone. (and wil was right about tesla )
                        I liked that moment when he was about to say Ashley's name, but didn't, only to keep Helen from getting hurt. He may flirt with her a lot, and act all cocky, but I believe he cares and respects her a great deal.

how did tesla survive? did he pull the door or other metal around him to survive the explosion?

nice side story about biggie. he's not a fave character of mine, but i like what they're doing with him this season. loved the scene where the nice priest told biggie that there was a place, where all god's children were welcome... i just wish they could have showed biggie meeting helen for the first time.

i was not sure about that second priest, but as soon as he made the comment of thanking biggie for sharing his sadness (or burden?) with him, i started suspicioning him.
                        He did say he used his powers to shield himself with all sorts of metal, so maybe that took most of the blast.

I'm glad they gave Biggie a story of his own, and we got to see bit of how he came to be, and how he found the Sanctuary. I still wish we could have seen him meet Helen in the 1950's.

I didn't suspect the priest until the very end.

cute moment/reference to the ghost hunters type show and ep that biggie and kate were watching. total reference to amanda's time on the show.

were the bugs attracted to helen and tesla b/c they sensed the same type of blood in them that was in themselves? but why? like a child to parent thing? and when they cocooned tesla, where they going to feed off him?

~thinks~
                        How awesome would it have been to hear Biggie or Kate make a reference about Amanda on the show?

Kate: Oh, who's that chick?
                        Biggie: She's from an old Syfy show, and she's there promoting some new show of hers. I hear it's good.
                        Kate: Oh yeah, her and some wrestler dude.

i've noticed it too. not that the series wasn't up to par, but i do notice they've raised the bar this season. (dollars to donuts, the series has some more money to spend )
                        That's what happens when it's allowed to go on for 3 years, it evolves and gets better.

when helen and wil opened up that metal ceiling, and we saw the nest... the first thing that popped into my head was the 'aliens' movie and those creepy nests.

~images team magnus coming into contact with the aliens from 'aliens'... x 100~

i hope, in some furture ep, biggie thinks back to his first meeting with helen... i could *love* to see that.
                        Team Magnus.

Comment

And you think the leader wouldn't have protection against people like that? Thats what is hard to accpeat.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

i think the cabal was intensely arrogant. they didn't think that anyone could or would come after them.

by the time they realized they were wrong, it was too late and they were on the hit list

sigpic

Comment

i could have sworn it was mentioned before, b/c i knew the both were hunting them.
                              Originally posted by suse View Post
                              I'm certain it was mentioned that it was both. More focus was on Druitt, but I'm sure it was mentioned that both went after the Cabal.
                              I thought it was mentioned previously too...I don't know why but it certainly didn't come as a surprise to me when it was revealed that both John & Nikola toppled the Cabal.
                              I still think that we haven't seen the last of the Cabal yet. I would however, like to know what happened to Dana Whitcombe - what did John do to her?? Add her to his list of ripper killings or do something more heinous...give back to her what she did to Ashley perhaps??
                              i still don't know what they were doing with nikola in that cocoon, and whether that was what they would have done with helen. i *really* hope it wasn't for 'food'
                              Yeah, I'm wondering what they wanted with Helen and Nikola...was it for food or simply a source for more blood...not killing them as that would deplete there source blood?? I guess that's where fan fiction may step in.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

if i understood it right, the source blood permeated the rocks, making the super centipedes. obviously made them smart and sentient.
                                That explosion wouldn't have taken out the source blood. Not if it left the room in that condition.
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X