No announcement yet.

Trail of Blood (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, wet unstyled hair that could have dried into, well flat dry hair would have made more sense
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      yeah, wet unstyled hair that could have dried into, well flat dry hair would have made more sense
      Of course, I'm not complaining about the false eyelash/eyelash extension epidemic that has made it on to what seems like every show on tv, including Sanctuary. Today. (But it does have me staring at the bazillion mascara choices in the drug store and Sephora and wondering which one will give me the closest thing, lol.)
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        It gets better every season, every episode.
        100 correct!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        I'm very interested to see what Father Clark is up but wasn't the hood a bit too Emperor Palpatine?
        haha, thanks, now i know finally why he looked hinda familiar XD

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        as to father clark
        Spoiler:

my thought is that he's ex cabal and his goal is to take down/takecontrol of the sanctuary. he killed the other priest to gain access and trust with the sanctuary, he'll infiltrate and try to take them down...and then there will be biggie/others tension if biggie believes in Clark and the others are 'umm, really?'
        spooky.. I just was about to write almost exactly the same!!

As for the biggie storyline: It was really, really interesting and I love that Biggie and Kate work together. we see Biggie outside and we see them watching dvds together.. (with popcorn an towel XDD

As for the Tesla storyline: *sqeeee* absolutely great there were hilarious quotes, very awsome and sqeesome scenes ("Thank you" ) and a very interesing insight to Helen and Nikola's characters.
        Nikola gets in trouble on his own and manages to drag the others in as always, but if I'm not wroong he hasn't mentioned world domination once.. he just wants to become his old and for him "real" self again.. he has yet to learn that there's more about him than only being a vampire..
        and on Helens outburst (which was really infomative, too), that's what i wrote in msn:
        Spoiler:
        I think she's overreacting.. but not only because she still hasn't got over Ashley (to be honest.. who gets ever really over the death of their kid?), but also, because she fears something similar would happen to Nikola..
        I don't know just how close she was with James and Griffin, but i always see them as her (really good) friends. Apart from the fact that they're also dead, all three people that
        correction:
        two of the three people she really LOVED, her almost husband and her child where used by dark stuff connected with the blood and became her villains.. i think that's even harder to watch than to know they died kinda peacefully..
        so i can see why she doesn't want to lose the last of her most beloved ones.. and certainly not because of the same thing like the others

All in all: I LOVED it.. and.. does that mean they take Nikola now with them to the Sanctuary?^^
        sigpic

Comment

Another great ep!
          The Tesla story was great, another one of those where it starts off in one place and ends up somewhere completely else. What looked like something that could have turned out as a regular bug hunt was in fact something much deeper, with the source blood as a trigger.

Tesla always being Tesla, checking Helen out despite he’s in mortal danger.

And as have been mentioned before the Ashley call back was very nice and gave depth to the story, the confrontation scene between AT and JY was fantastic. And I got the feeling Tesla was trying to keep the findings on the hard drive a secret not as much to not let anyone know what he actually was up to but more to protect Helen form the truth, knowing what kind of scar the source blood have left. It was obvious he was weary of even mentioning Ashley’s name in the first place. And when he turned away, not even being able to look at Helen I even got the feeling he was ashamed of what he done.

As always everything laced with humor that I love, got a different vibe from this episode though. More like they’re were throwing snarky sarcastic comments at each other. Will to Helen, Helen to Will, Tesla to Henry and vice versa. Which fits perfectly with the mood of the show with everybody being a bit irritated through out; Will and Henry for being dragged out on a ‘save Tesla’ mission, Helen for Tesla never being honest, Tesla because you know, he’s Tesla.

The Biggie story was nice, still unbelievably how CH can convey so much emotion through all that prosthetics. And Kate and Biggie play so well together so I was very happy to see another story line with just the two of them. Will be very interesting to see where this will go though, pretty sure we haven’t seen the last of that guy.

Have to admit though when I saw the hooded guy the first time I was sure it was Druitt (or Johnny as Tesla apparently calls him ) I had high hopeds for a Druitt/Big guy fight scene

And just a few small bits, and then I’m done…
          I do miss the full length opening though, love the new music so it’s sad they have to cut it. (Though this way AT gets her name on display twice )

Loved the hint to Ghost Hunters and Fort Delaware where AT did her ghost hunting.
          Couldn’t help but notice AT was wearing her F*Cancer bracelet throughout the entire episode. A very nice touch.

And yes Helen in blue jeans! Remember seeing on of the first s3 trailers with a lot of fast cuts, the thing that stuck in my mind was: Helen in blue jeans?! Seriously?! It just seemed so unHelen like. LOL! But yeah, they definitely suits her, with the high boots and thigh straps, it works just fine.

Comment

anyone notice, the scene of 'operation paranormal' investigation? from Instinct in season one. the warehouse and reporter episode.

so multiple call backs.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Absolutely loved this episode. have to say they had me for a second with Tesla sacrificing himself. I seriously thought he was dead and only thing that gave me pause was that there was still plenty off time left in the episode.

Like others i thought the hooded figure was going to be Druitt. It was an odd introduction if the priest is going to be a major villain as i thought it was very much the B story to Tesla time.

Loved Helen's quip about Nikola wanting her to come to be his queen.
              Loved tesla's completely inappropriate timed flirtings.
              Loved tesla baiting henry.

Really hope that we see plenty more of tesla this season. I'm half wondering if they are slowly going to arc him away from his world domination plans so he can be brought more within the fold as a regular guest star.

Comment

Holy mollie this was my favorite episode so far of season 3!! Just everything was brilliant! Especially between Helen & Nikola It made me laugh so hard.
                sigpic
                My tumblr

Comment

my review - (i had one going, but hit a wrong key... did everyone feel the eruption of my tickedness? )

i really enjoyed the ep!

first off, the guy that was accused to killing the priest... right away i knew i knew that guy, and then realized it was the mongol kid from 'emancipation' that kidnapped sam! i wouldn't have been able to recognize him if i hadn't seen that ep recently.

i'll say this right off the bat, and it won't be a surprise to anyone... i really wish this was the helen magnus show.

k, the rest of the review-

loved the ashley reference! and helen's reaction to this.

loved tesla feeling bad about the situation. he loves helen, and no matter how much he wants to return to vamp, he genuinely doesn't want to hurt or disappoint her.

fun bantering with everyone. (and wil was right about tesla )

how did tesla survive? did he pull the door or other metal around him to survive the explosion?

nice side story about biggie. he's not a fave character of mine, but i like what they're doing with him this season. loved the scene where the nice priest told biggie that there was a place, where all god's children were welcome... i just wish they could have showed biggie meeting helen for the first time.

i was not sure about that second priest, but as soon as he made the comment of thanking biggie for sharing his sadness (or burden?) with him, i started suspicioning him.

cute moment/reference to the ghost hunters type show and ep that biggie and kate were watching. total reference to amanda's time on the show.

were the bugs attracted to helen and tesla b/c they sensed the same type of blood in them that was in themselves? but why? like a child to parent thing? and when they cocooned tesla, where they going to feed off him?

~thinks~

i'll go read other posts now, before saying more.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Is it me but does it seem like the music and effects have stepped up a notch this season? It just seems better quality and more time and effort went into it.
                    i've noticed it too. not that the series wasn't up to par, but i do notice they've raised the bar this season. (dollars to donuts, the series has some more money to spend )
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I guess I'll have to be different. I'm not in love with it like everyone else. It was not overly bad but it was good either. It was just meh. I found the Tesla slow going and uneventful for a while. It seemed like to have little point. Even when they were locked in a Cabal bunker and got more interesting as they explored the reasons Tesla was down here something was still off. I can't put my finger on it. Don't get me wrong, the discovery of what happened to the source blood was interesting but something just didn't click which is sad because Tesla episodes are usually good.

Speaking of the Cabal since they were referenced, am I the only one who finds their demise a tad unrealastic. A shadow organization older then the Sanctuary network should be more resourceful then to crumble at the end failure of one mission.

The B plot makes up for a lot of things because I found it really interesting. I liked seeing the backstory of who the Big Guy was and where he came from. And how and why those two murders occured will be an interesting development for future episodes.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Nice episode...didn't give me the "wow" feeling I had last week but I did love the Biggie/Kate storyline and I did enjoy seeing Tesla again...I think Jonathon Young is just adorable....but I didn't like the convenience of how he survived the explosion...I mean I'm happy that he did but it was kinda too unreal how he did...did that make sense?
                        So just a little teeny snippet of Biggie's back story...cool. I wonder if we will ever find out who did shoot him back in 51.
                        Felt a little bored with the Father Clark story...he hasn't struck me as an interesting character to watch...yet.
                        I wonder what the bugs would have done to Helen had they caught her? They ran past Tesla after having already had him once....so do you think they wanted to encase her in their cocoon veins thingys like they had done with Tesla?? And then what? I know it was her blood they wanted but I just wonder what they would have done had they captured her.

Can't wait for next weeks ep.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by KaKaCarter View Post
                          Absolutely loved this episode. have to say they had me for a second with Tesla sacrificing himself. I seriously thought he was dead and only thing that gave me pause was that there was still plenty off time left in the episode.

Like others i thought the hooded figure was going to be Druitt. It was an odd introduction if the priest is going to be a major villain as i thought it was very much the B story to Tesla time.

Loved Helen's quip about Nikola wanting her to come to be his queen.
                          Loved tesla's completely inappropriate timed flirtings.
                          Loved tesla baiting henry.

Really hope that we see plenty more of tesla this season. I'm half wondering if they are slowly going to arc him away from his world domination plans so he can be brought more within the fold as a regular guest star.
                          I hope not. I love his overweening sense of importance. As much as I love seeing him, I'd rather him not be there too often. He'd take over the show.
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            Nice episode...didn't give me the "wow" feeling I had last week but I did love the Biggie/Kate storyline and I did enjoy seeing Tesla again...I think Jonathon Young is just adorable....but I didn't like the convenience of how he survived the explosion...I mean I'm happy that he did but it was kinda too unreal how he did...did that make sense?
                            So just a little teeny snippet of Biggie's back story...cool. I wonder if we will ever find out who did shoot him back in 51.
                            Felt a little bored with the Father Clark story...he hasn't struck me as an interesting character to watch...yet.
                            I wonder what the bugs would have done to Helen had they caught her? They ran past Tesla after having already had him once....so do you think they wanted to encase her in their cocoon veins thingys like they had done with Tesla?? And then what? I know it was her blood they wanted but I just wonder what they would have done had they captured her.

Can't wait for next weeks ep.
                            I'd think he used his magentism to repel the worst of the explosion.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              but in what way? using a metal wall to protect himself?
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                                Yeah, I kinda got that part...but how??? It just felt like a convenient plot hole.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X