No announcement yet.

Revelations, Part 2 (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*grumbles* Damn, someone on Gateworld that's cleverer than me.

Sorry, but I do speak Latin, do YOU?!

And I'm not delusional! *am I sparkly elves?*
    ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

*sigh*

Geek wars in here?

You can both share Henry and erm..Tesla...Each a week and than you trade...etc

As for geeky...can I start with speaking another language as well*grins* ...

That brings me to Helen, do you think she was a very geeky kid/teen? or wasn't it like that in that time? With the victorian time and all, women didn't had the same rights as they have now...
      lame way to get my post on topic again
      sigpic

Comment

the last two episodes were fantastic 9.9/10

loved the challenges, gregory must have really hated tesla , sucks the sherlock holmes died

one thing ive wondered is did ashley have latent teleportation? and the cabal helped bring it out, or was her power retarded aging and the cabal modified her blood so she could access both
        Last edited by mr_kennedy; 13 January 2009, 12:49 PM.
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

my question about ashley - as cliched as 'turning the kid against the mother' is....was that even her? or was it some sort of clone or something?
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okay it just ended, and while that was totally coming.... Omg, from a mile away... I have to say I absolutely just adore Tesla.... he's such the little boy....
            I also have to say that this I believe was the best episode of the season....
            Definately two thumbs up...
            Okay now running back to catch up.....

Oh, and Sky, I was totally thinking the same thing....
            how do we really know that was Ashley.... It just seemed to easy....
            sigpic
            awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

i'm sure helen would never be so crude, but there were moments between teh 'boys' that i wanted to say 'oh, hand over a ruler and let them settle it once and for all'

the bicker is fun

i just felt like i was watching part 2 of 3
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okay, this will be my first proper post on the forum, so hello! I got stuck on Sanctuary, and then started watching SG-1 over the last couple of months, so I thought it was high time to join the forums at GateWorld.

My thoughts... (repeated from a livejournal group, but hey, I figure there isn't to much crossover)

I'm glad I did not download this episode early, since it allowed me to watch it in all its unfolding glory... even with commercials.

I did not go in totally spoiler free, sadly, but that didn't diminish the enjoyment factor for me.

I think what was the most fabulous about this episode was all the inner-quibbling. The little digs the men kept shooting at one another as if to remind one another that yes, this indeed a contest -- either to prove themselves or to impress Helen, who I get the feeling is not all that impressed with any of them by now. Been there, done that. What made it so good in my opinion was because beneath the lightness of it was depth and humanity -- Watson's increasing frustration, John's guilt, and even Tesla I think is desperately searching for someone to care about him.

There were some excellent scenes -- Watson and John in particular. I felt bad for John because you can tell that his past is eating him up inside. Watson seemed more angry about the betrayal of his best friend (which is understandable) than anything else. I don't think it was a knock to his intelligence as much as a jab to the heart that John would do such terrible things. Even Tesla seems to regard John with a certain amount of suspicion and disdain -- that's ironic, when you consider he's the vampire.

I felt so bad for Helen when Watson died -- she was heartbroken. The others were impacted too, but his sudden mortality hit her hard. It was an interesting twist, having him age so rapidly. I'm just sorry he is gone, because he was a fantastic character. (I'm still wondering why he has so much in common with Will, but I suppose a father/son relationship would be too cliched at this point? Or not. It would certainly explain a lot.)

The tasks were exceptionally cool. Not much else I can say about them. Combining John and Watson's was clever. Helen's had a nice twist. Tesla's was bloody hard! Claire's might have been the easiest if she hadn't freaked out -- although getting Will to take most of his clothes of probably was not needed in order for her to succeed. LOL

LOVED the snark in this episode. Adored it. Tesla is so quotable, I probably will not shut up about him for days. He is so fantastic. All of them are, actually...

... what will happen with Ashley? I don't know, but I totally could have told her not to drink that... whatever it was.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                  Could be. I had to rewind to hear and maybe I heared what I wanted LOL

I'm really digging Druitt. The actor is so freaking cool!
                  This episode added so many things to his character. Loved it. Helen and Druitt are my favorites.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Toomi

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    i'm sure helen would never be so crude, but there were moments between teh 'boys' that i wanted to say 'oh, hand over a ruler and let them settle it once and for all'

the bicker is fun

i just felt like i was watching part 2 of 3
                    Hehe, watching Druitt, Tesla, and Watson all squabbling between each other was quite fun. They must have driven Helen mad when they were all at Oxford.

It did kinda feel like part 2 of a three-parter, but I found it enjoyable nonetheless, especially the tests for the Five and the final scenes from when Druitt rescues Ashley and Henry to the end.

Ashley stealing the Source blood at the end was a bit predictable, but I didn't expect her to get Druitt's transporting powers, which I guess the cabal have brought out in her. Makes me wonder if she has Helen's longevity as well. I'm really looking forward to a confrontation between mother and daughter after this.

I'm guessing the Cabal have put Ashley under their control with the parasite from Warriors, but it'll be interesting to see how Helen and the others track her down to remove it since she can teleport now.

Kudos to the cast and crew for a good ending to a very enjoyable first season. At least I'll have BSG to tide me over until season 2 starts.

sigpic

Comment

Before I talk about the last episode of Sanctuary, I got to tell y'all, I was so excited to see the Lost Webisodes on TMN, I've never seen them before, so it was awesome to see them on the first time on the big screen. But the best part of the whole webisode premiere, it was that extra special treat we got, Amanda appeared on screen and gave the intro to part 1 and 2 of the webisodes . I was so happy to see her face , she was in a good looking white house, and she gave the intro to the Lost Webisodes . I really wasn't expecting that, that was a big bonus . And to think I could have been working tonight, I had to call in sick to see the finale, and if I hadn't I'd have missed Amanda.

HOLY COW I saw the final episode of Sanctuary, Revelations, Part 2 and WOW, talk about a whopper of a season finale, and cliffhanger . The twists and turns and surprise were brilliant. It starts "Previously on Sanctuary" with Helen saying the words yet again , and it showed clips of Revelations, Part 1, and after the clips, we find the team in where the city was destroyed, they start talking about what could have happened to the city and they come up with that (I think) that what happened to the city happened 100 years ago, and I liked the little tension between John and Watson, and I loved how Helen how to put them in their place . She's the boss . We go back to the Cabal building and find Henry and Ashely still captive, and the evil boss lady tells Ashely how she's going to help them. Then it cuts to the opening credits.

After the credits, we find the team still looking for a way in, and Druitt appears to Helen and tells her that he can't find another way in, Helen thinks they should go and come back tomorrow, but Watson believes there has to be way into the labyrinth. I love how Will and Watson were able to put their brilliant minds to work to try and discover how to get in, I was particularly impressed with how they were able to reconstructed the old city using their minds, and I like how it was the same image. Great minds think alike . We get back to Henry, and the doctors are poking him with needles, trying to get him to change, they start asking him questions, and explain what their intentions are with him, I thought Ryan was very good in those torture scenes very well. We find Ashely talking to the boss lady and she offers Ashely a drink, she checks to see if it's bottle is rigged or something, than she talks with Ashely about how there is a war going on with humans and abnormals, and her mom is on the wrong side.

We get back to the team and we find them moving rocks that lead to a secret underground stairway. They start to climb down and we they get down, they find Nikola Tesla down there waiting for them, he begins to tell them of how he got down there and how he needs their help to find the source blood for his own reasons, but he decides to put their needs ahead first. He lights a bunch of lamps simply by touching one and from there he joins the group. They find a round table and Helen realizes her farther made it and that each of them need to be there to find there source blood because one alone couldn't find it without the other four. They spilt off into specified teams, Helen and Nikola, he thought it was because Helen's farther thought they'd make a good couple, John and Watson and Will and Clara. I really liked how worried John was about Helen going with him, and I liked how he warned Nikola what would happen if he let anything happen to her, and I love Helen's adolescent line. I forget the order they get to their tests, so bare with me, Helen and Nikola get to a room hall with-- I forget what they're called, and he's scared to go in to get the key because he knows he'll get zapped, but he does it anyway and gets zapped. John and Watson find their tests, and it's two rooms that are sealed, and one door says "Lies truth" the other says "Truth lies" they begin to decide which is the right door, because if John teleports through the wrong one, he could end up in solid rock. And Will and Clara find a room with the key at the other end, but they can't get across because the floor starts to collapse.

At the Cabal building, Ashely refuses to tell them anything, and demands to know what's going on with Henry, she boss lady shows him on a screen, and that he's safe, but when we cut to "real time" Henry is screaming in pain and his face begins to change into a wolfs, be he's able to fight the transformation, the doctor explains to him that he's been off the pills for a day now and that he can't keep fighting it, and he tells him that he just wants Henry to change so he can be studied. Nikola finally gets through the test and is able to get the key, and says to Helen that her farther really didn't like him , then he starts walking back to her, with Will and Clara, Will realizes that she needs to become invisible to get the key, but she's scared, so of course she makes Will take off his clothes too. John and Watson are still trying to figure it out, and as they try, they start arguing about what happened between them in the past, and that's when Watson figures out which door is the right one, so John teleports them both inside, and that's where they find the key. John doesn't teleports them both back outside and the second door opens to give them the other key. I loved Johns joke, I thought these two did their scenes very well. Once Nikola gets to Helen he almost collapses from exhaustion, and he tells that he saw that she was really concerned about him, and that she likes him, but she reminds him that he tried to kill her, but he explains that everyone hurts the people they love.

Back with the Cabal, I can't remember a bit, but Ashely starts to get dizzy and and she eventually faints, then Helen and Nikola find Helen's test and when she walks into the room, Nikola gets locked out, leaving her in there alone. She looks at a description on a table and it's like a math puzzle, we quickly cut back to Henry, who's locked in a room, but he's able to break out using his strength, we cut back to Helen and using her smarts, she's able to figure out the riddle and get they key . She gets out and her and Nikola head back to the entrance, and after some trouble, Clara is finally able to get the key, but the floor starts to collapse even more, which causes a cave in, and I loved Helen's bloody hell line. Once their all safe and back together, they put all 5 keys in the proper locks, and a wall opens to reveal the source blood. They start to smile and such, but poor Watson collapses and when they go to him, he's an old man, he tells them that the machine keeping him alive has failed and that he knew it would happen. He tells everyone how he feels about them and he tells Will that there's something they've missed, and that he must figure it out. We find Ashely waking up on a moving stretcher and Henry is moving her, she gets up and Henry gives her a gun, and they had to a room and Ashely calls Helen, while Henry downloads a copy of the info they need, after he does, the bad guys come in with guns, Henry doesn't know what to do, but Ashely tells him to wait another second, then bang, John teleports in, grabs them and teleports them all back to the Sanctuary with all the others. But soon after Ashely faints, and Helen quickly tells John to get her to the infirmary, he teleports there, and Helen asks Henry what happened, but he tells them they were apart most of the time.

It's night now, and Clara finds will on the roof overlooking the city, and he talks to her and asks her stay, but she tells them that she doesn't think she can, meanwhile, we find Helen checking on Ashely, and John is there also watching too, he asks to stay, and Helen says it's OK, and she also thanks him, they close the door on in a wicked way, Ashely opens her eyes. On the roof, Will keeps think about what Watson said, and he gets freaked out and goes to look for Helen, meanwhile, Helen and Nikola are in the lab, and the source blood disappears, Helen gets nervous, and we find Henry trying to download the data, but it's all fake. Helen runs up to John with a gun and she accuses of taking the blood, that's when Will runs in and say somethings not right, then she gets a call from Henry about the data and then she checks on Ashely via computer screen, then BOOM I love this shot, they all look out a window and the camera quickly pans from them, from the Sanctuary, and around the earth, where we find Ashely and that boss lady together. The music was so tense, it was perfect with what was going on, and the look on Ashely's face was wicked, I wasn't at the edge of my seat, I was standing up . The BOOM the screen goes blank and those freaky words come up: "To Be Continued". I watched the ending credits, and I couldn't believe it, that was the end of Sanctuary season 1.

WOW, WOW, WOW! This has been a phenomenal season, and an even more phenomenal journey for the cast and crew. The effects, the stories, and most of all, the acting was all outstanding. The pilot surpassed my expectations, and so did Requiem. There were some ups and downs, but more ups than downs. I'd like to thank everyone involved for all their long and hard work, it wasn't easy, but they stuck to it, and something truly amazing and unique came out of it. Let's hear it for them.

Of course I have to thank Amanda, because she's largely responsible for it all. I honest to God can't thank of anything new to say, so I'm gonna have to repeat myself-- a lot .

Thank you Amanda for taking a massive leap of faith, and moving on into her new venture. Sanctuary would have died before it even started. And like I've said many times, I'm glad and proud Amanda choose Sanctuary, IMO it was the right move. Atlantis was done, and if Amanda had stayed, she would, like she's said "killed" Sanctuary right there and then, she'd be out of work along with the other Atlantis cast, and she'd have missed out on the spot light for Sanctuary, none of all the those trips and what not to promote show would have happened, and like she said, she would have killed a potentially great franchise, and put those people out of work too.

She made a decision, it was very hard, and everything that followed afterwards was hard, but it was the right decision, it all worked out for her, all her long and hard work paid off, the shows getting a second season, and it's because she was determined, dedicated, she wasn't lazy, and didn't give up. Amanda took control of herself, stepped away from her safety net and moved on into the unknown, and now thanks herself, she has the opportunity to make something of Helen, and whatever that something is, it'll be up to Amanda. But this time it was harder, she moved into her own show, her own studio, she took on the roles of lead actress, and Ex. Producer and much more, and no matter how hard it got, she got through, and she did it for all the right reasons. Not money, not fame, not the goal of most celebs, but she did it because she knew it was right, and it was the most beneficial for a lot of people. And that's the Amanda we all know and love and that's what makes her a winner . Thank you Amanda for all that, and thank you for the best gift of all, for being you . Let's hear it for her.

Here's to an amazing first season, and here's to season 2

(((((SEASON 2)))))
                      Last edited by Rocky89; 10 January 2009, 02:58 PM.

Comment

random observations -

i wish watson wouldn't have died!

ashley's going to get a spanking.

speaking of ash; was she zipping around/teleportig like her dad?

NOT ENOUGH HELEN!

so it looks like helen doesn't have a power, just the longevity. not sure if i'm disappointed or glad.

very glad tesla's still alive.

i have to say that the five are VERY interesting. i'd watch a show just with them.

looks like the cabal brainwashed ashley AND maybe ignited some of her father's gifts???

no matter what the cabal did to henry, he's still able to control his urges. or so i hope.

i felt sorry for john. he's really a very interesting character, played wonderfully by chris.

i wonder if we'll ever meet moriarty? i mean, if there's a sherlock holmes...

so the cabal's got the blood. i spit on the faces of the cabal!

now, seeing as there's a LOT of replies already, i'll let it be with this post and then catch up tomorrow.

revelations part 2 rocked!!
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          *sigh*

Geek wars in here?

You can both share Henry and erm..Tesla...Each a week and than you trade...etc

As for geeky...can I start with speaking another language as well*grins* ...

That brings me to Helen, do you think she was a very geeky kid/teen? or wasn't it like that in that time? With the victorian time and all, women didn't had the same rights as they have now...
                          lame way to get my post on topic again
                          *Cough*.. they Share Tesla! i think not

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                          the last two episodes were fantastic 9.9/10

loved the challenges, george must have really hated tesla , sucks the sherlock holmes died

one thing ive wondered is did ashley have latent teleportation? and the cabal helped bring it out, or was her power retarded aging and the cabal modified her blood so she could access both
                          I assumed that the Cabel brought it out and it was Dormant in her Genes... I think you Mean Gergory.. instead of George

Originally posted by lupinskitten View Post
                          Okay, this will be my first proper post on the forum, so hello! I got stuck on Sanctuary, and then started watching SG-1 over the last couple of months, so I thought it was high time to join the forums at GateWorld.
                          Spoiler:

My thoughts... (repeated from a livejournal group, but hey, I figure there isn't to much crossover)

I'm glad I did not download this episode early, since it allowed me to watch it in all its unfolding glory... even with commercials.

I did not go in totally spoiler free, sadly, but that didn't diminish the enjoyment factor for me.

I think what was the most fabulous about this episode was all the inner-quibbling. The little digs the men kept shooting at one another as if to remind one another that yes, this indeed a contest -- either to prove themselves or to impress Helen, who I get the feeling is not all that impressed with any of them by now. Been there, done that. What made it so good in my opinion was because beneath the lightness of it was depth and humanity -- Watson's increasing frustration, John's guilt, and even Tesla I think is desperately searching for someone to care about him.

There were some excellent scenes -- Watson and John in particular. I felt bad for John because you can tell that his past is eating him up inside. Watson seemed more angry about the betrayal of his best friend (which is understandable) than anything else. I don't think it was a knock to his intelligence as much as a jab to the heart that John would do such terrible things. Even Tesla seems to regard John with a certain amount of suspicion and disdain -- that's ironic, when you consider he's the vampire.

I felt so bad for Helen when Watson died -- she was heartbroken. The others were impacted too, but his sudden mortality hit her hard. It was an interesting twist, having him age so rapidly. I'm just sorry he is gone, because he was a fantastic character. (I'm still wondering why he has so much in common with Will, but I suppose a father/son relationship would be too cliched at this point? Or not. It would certainly explain a lot.)

The tasks were exceptionally cool. Not much else I can say about them. Combining John and Watson's was clever. Helen's had a nice twist. Tesla's was bloody hard! Claire's might have been the easiest if she hadn't freaked out -- although getting Will to take most of his clothes of probably was not needed in order for her to succeed. LOL

LOVED the snark in this episode. Adored it. Tesla is so quotable, I probably will not shut up about him for days. He is so fantastic. All of them are, actually...

... what will happen with Ashley? I don't know, but I totally could have told her not to drink that... whatever it was.
                          Welcome to the Fourm!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          random observations -

i wish watson wouldn't have died!

ashley's going to get a spanking.

speaking of ash; was she zipping around/teleportig like her dad?

NOT ENOUGH HELEN!

so it looks like helen doesn't have a power, just the longevity. not sure if i'm disappointed or glad.

very glad tesla's still alive.

i have to say that the five are VERY interesting. i'd watch a show just with them.

looks like the cabal brainwashed ashley AND maybe ignited some of her father's gifts???

no matter what the cabal did to henry, he's still able to control his urges. or so i hope.

i felt sorry for john. he's really a very interesting character, played wonderfully by chris.

i wonder if we'll ever meet moriarty? i mean, if there's a sherlock holmes...

so the cabal's got the blood. i spit on the faces of the cabal!

now, seeing as there's a LOT of replies already, i'll let it be with this post and then catch up tomorrow.

revelations part 2 rocked!!
                          I really liked Watson until he started and kept questioning John about the Ripper cases. I love John he's on of my Favorite characters i thought that was pretty mean.

To the bolded part: Mee to!
                          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

I felt the opposite. I enjoyed this episode very much, and SGA's finale not so much. But it's just a matter of what each individual prefers.

I very much enjoyed the tension between the character's while their were on their quest. I was extremely sad to see Watson died as I enjoyed the bantering/bickering between him and Druitt. And Tesla -- well he was so electricfying I have to admit that I am disappointed that the very intelligent Will did not understand the full meaning of word naked. He's just going to have to brush up on his word definitions and get it right the next time. I was heart broken for Helen when it appeared that Ashley has betrayed them. More importantly, I'm eager to learn more about Helen's past and how she became who she is today.

I'm so very much looking forward to season 2.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Fantastic season finale! I have only one complaint: There isn't another episode next week! LOL

I can't help but wonder how Helen's dad set up all of those tricks. I guess the vampires must have helped him. I bet it was one of the last things they did actually, since I bet the Cabal followed him there and then tried to destroy the place 130 years ago to get to the source blood. Which, of course, they didn't.

Such a shame they killed Watson. And not just because Peter Wingfield makes me go thunk. I thought he was so interesting. I don't think Watson is necessarily Will's dad, though. There was certainly affinity there, I don't deny that, but that was Watson's gift- to become a smarty pants. Will's a natural smarty pants. Will's almost like the next evolution of humanity, which might explain why Helen was watching him.

I'm very glad Henry was able to keep control over himself. It's a good step forward for him in accepting his power. No doubt he'll be beating himself up over the whole Ashley thing though.

Poor screwed up in the head Ashley. I think the fact that she had many bandaids on her arm was to signify the many things they did to her, ie the brain washing and activation of her transportation ability. I still have to wonder if Helen somehow disabled that in Ashley when she was young since she never did it before. Of course, I don't think most people stand there and try to shift inter-dimensionally, so it's possible she could always do it and just didn't know. But I think the Cabal did it to her.

I'm not surprised the whole mission was a set up to get the vampire blood. The question, of course is why. If the Cabal wants to rid the world of abnormals, and the vampire blood makes abnormals, are they just going to kill the whole world?

And Bigfoot! Is he too far gone to come back? So many questions. I hate cliffhangers!! Any ETA on Season 2?
                              sigpic

Comment

Good episode. Watson will be missed. But I can see why they can't have all the members of the 5 hanging around all the time... Loved Tesla--good to see him back. Hope he makes a couple of appearances next season.

I don't really need to see invisible girl again.

Fave line: "Honestly. I'm surrounded by adolescents!" (closely followed by Tesla's about Helen's dad preferring H/T to H/J.)

like majorsal I always wish for more Helen.

oh, the cliffhanger. Let the Sanctuary (withdrawal) shakes begin.

Comment

Working...
                                X