Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    ...Bob the bigfoot.

But I agree with Mousie I don't think there was really time to show him, to be honest, I didn't even thought about him till I came online and several people missed him. I think/hope he is going to be okay in the end...but we have to wait a very long time before we know that

I am curious how Ashley went so fast to the other side...what did they do to her?!?!
    my theory is a refined version of the scarab mind control

as for bigfoot. we didn't need to see him, his condition is unchanged, most of the ep happened away from the sanctuary, so there wasn't really the opportunity, and the fact he is still uncured is just one more thing to anticipate for season 2
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Looking by how fast she took the blood, it appears to me, her ability is a little better then John's. Possibly because of the mix Helen/John. it would be cool if she was stronger then him.

Comment

I think it's some sort of control and that it's not voluntary on her part, I know she's annoyed with Helen for not telling her about her father and she may well be worried that she will inherit her fathers traits, including going pshyco, but I don't see her willingly turning against Helen. The Cabal could have played on John being a killer and offered her a way to cure or prevent that happening but I just don't see it.

When Ash woke up there where 2 marks on her arm where they had done stuff so I think that they inserted some sort or tech device whilst also doing some conditioning on her whilst she was unconcious. The drink they gave her must of contained some sort of activating chemical that activated preprogrammed commands.

I think that she is definately under Cabal control now, but that will be the main theme of season 2, the Sanctuary guys trying to get Ashley back and stop/fight the outbreak of the virus.
        sigpic

Comment

Is season 2 starting yet?!?!

That was a perfect finale. It was great to see The Five back together, or to be more exact The Four and a quarter plus the new guy. The interactions between them were simply stunning. The heart to heart John and Watson had about the past, all the Helen/Tesla sparks, how devastated they all were when Watson died. Of course there was all the snark between the boys, and Helen playing the referee. I wonder if that's how it's always been. They're all alpha male personalities (I guess so was Griffin if his granddaughter's attitude is anything to go by), so there's gotta be some tension, and Helen looked well practiced in stopping them with just one word.

It was a little predictable that Ashley would switch sides, especially since the evil lady (Dana?) told her that she would help them against Helen and then they just decided to kill her. However I did not see the transporting happening, so that was very cool.

Can't wait for the next part.
          sigpic

Comment

WHY did I not discover this thread sooner?! I've been dying to discuss this ep, but now I'm all whacked out on painkillers (have a killer chest infection) so I'm not going to provide much coherant conversation...

But WOW! SUCH a good ep!

Helen:
            Spoiler:
            *disappointed* that we didn't get to see her powers - I too think that she must have got some powers besides immortality. I think they should be subtle and graceful though, and perhaps not we would normally see as "powers" - perhaps something like empathy?

Tesla:
            Spoiler:
            Hehe, more Tesla! Love him, and it's great that he ended up at the Sanctuary - I can see that causing some sparks at the beginning of S2... I do feel slightly sorry for him, though, that Helen doesn't share his feelings *huggles Tesla*

Will:
            Spoiler:
            Shirtless. Need I say more?

Clara:
            Spoiler:
            Nice confidence issues - I can see her and Will hitting it off really well... I love her spark as well, and her shady past. Nice new character - hope to see more of her. But does the extreme eye make-up annoy only me?! Being a brunnette, I hate blue eyeshadow with brown eyes...

Ashley:
            Spoiler:
            ARGH!!!!! *cries* Noooo, she has to come back! She's one of my favourite characters and... and... she just can't be evil! *pouts*

Watson:
            Spoiler:
            Can't believe he died! He was the only character with an immaculate English accent! *cry*

Henry:
            Spoiler:
            Yay! Great ep for his character! I especially loved the scenes in the lab... Very steamy and yet full of anxiety for Henry. And the shirtless ranting scene... Concluded very nicely with a sweet "awesome" from Henry! Definately my new favourite word.

Btw is it Kabal or Cabal?

Can't wait for S2!
            ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

...Bob the bigfoot.

But I agree with Mousie I don't think there was really time to show him, to be honest, I didn't even thought about him till I came online and several people missed him. I think/hope he is going to be okay in the end...but we have to wait a very long time before we know that

I am curious how Ashley went so fast to the other side...what did they do to her?!?!
              Bob's a cool name

has season 2 even got an airing date?
              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post

Btw is it Kabal or Cabal?
                That's a good question, people have been using both forms so I've just looked in the dictionary at it's Cabal. If you type Kabal in, it's not recognised and offers Cabal instead.

Main Entry: 1ca·bal
                Pronunciation: \k?-?bäl, -?bal\
                Function: noun
                Etymology: French cabale cabala, intrigue, cabal, from Medieval Latin cabbala cabala, from Late Hebrew qabb?l?h, literally, received (lore)
                Date: 1614
                1: the artifices and intrigues of a group of persons secretly united in a plot (as to overturn a government) ; also : a group engaged in such artifices and intrigues
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                  my theory is a refined version of the scarab mind control

as for bigfoot. we didn't need to see him, his condition is unchanged, most of the ep happened away from the sanctuary, so there wasn't really the opportunity, and the fact he is still uncured is just one more thing to anticipate for season 2
                  I thought that first as well, but all those patches Ashley had on her make me doubt it...I almost think they've done something else to her...she also looked in a way different in that last scene.
                  I do want to know exactly what they've done to her, in a way I can't believe its that scarab/bug thing. They must have used better ways because it was her...even with Will and Helen's father and that bug they knew better I think if that was implanted in Ashley she would have warned the others.

We just have to wait a few months before we know more about Bigfoot...
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm betting it was the drink. And Dana said "there should have been adequate cell penetration by now" (or another word similar to "penetration" - it was two days ago!), so probably a chemical introduced into her system by mitosis or something that enhances her powers. Btw I reckon her powers (the teleporting) are directly linked to the violence she feels - remember Druitt aluding to it in "The Five"? It's what drove him to attack all those women. So I'm betting the Cabal used that to their advantage and possibly added some extra drugs into the drink to make her docile and obediant. Maybe also using brainwashing or behavioural triggers while she was unconcious (think River from Serenity).

Have I thought about this too much...?!

And I never realised that Cabal was a real term. Cool!

EDIT: Helen used her own blood in Revelations 1 on Bigfoot to see if the Source Blood would work. If memory serves. So I assume he's ok.

Comment

I'm betting it was the drink. And Dana said "there should have been adequate cell penetration by now" (or another word similar to "penetration" - it was two days ago!), so probably a chemical introduced into her system by mitosis or something that enhances her powers.
                      Eukaryotic cellular genome replication?

:: scratches head ::

Btw I reckon her powers (the teleporting) are directly linked to the violence she feels - remember Druitt aluding to it in "The Five"? It's what drove him to attack all those women. So I'm betting the Cabal used that to their advantage and possibly added some extra drugs into the drink to make her docile and obediant.
                      That's what I'm thinking too, that Druitt's psychosis had something to do with his ability and is now affecting Ashley and the Cabal are using it to their advantage.

This would imply that the Cabal knows a heck of a lot about Druitt and The Five. How?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post

Ummm... Cheese?

That's what I'm thinking too, that Druitt's psychosis had something to do with his ability and is now affecting Ashley and the Cabal are using it to their advantage.

This would imply that the Cabal knows a heck of a lot about Druitt and The Five. How?
                        How indeed? Possible S2 ep plotlines! But I reckon it's through Helen's father - they did have control of him for a long time and goodness knows what they found out. They certainly knew about the Source Blood...

Comment

May I scratch my head too...

I am really bad at ...that stuff...I did finish biology in high school...but that's all

If I understand it correctly something was inserted in Ashley that replicated(with a lack of other words...because mitose means that cells are multiplying, right?) and it took over her system.

Am I close to it or not

I thought that as well, and because of the blood etc Druitt got from Helen his psychosis went better...after every jump he takes it gets worse again(or at least before)

If the Cabal indeed knows so much about them I am curious how they all found it out and what they exactly want...etc
                          sigpic

Comment

If I understand it correctly something was inserted in Ashley that replicated(with a lack of other words...because mitose means that cells are multiplying, right?) and it took over her system.

Am I close to it or not
                            Pretty close. Mitosis refers to the replication of the chromosomes within a eukaryotic cell. If you're referring to the actual physical division of a cell into two identical cells, then you're talking about cytokinesis.

Did they use that word (mitosis) when talking about what they'd done to Ashley?

I thought that as well, and because of the blood etc Druitt got from Helen his psychosis went better...after every jump he takes it gets worse again(or at least before)

If the Cabal indeed knows so much about them I am curious how they all found it out and what they exactly want...etc
                            LiliJ thinks they could have found it all out from Helen's father. I think that's highly plausible.
                            sigpic

Comment

Did they use that word (mitosis) when talking about what they'd done to Ashley?
                              No... I think I was thinking about osmosis.

LiliJ thinks they could have found it all out from Helen's father. I think that's highly plausible.
                              Me too. Not that I like agreeing with YOU, seeing as you intend to fight me for Henry *narrows eyes*...

Comment

No... I think I was thinking about osmosis.
                                That makes more sense....sort of...

Me too. Not that I like agreeing with YOU, seeing as you intend to fight me for Henry *narrows eyes*...
                                No body likes agreeing with me. They're just forced to do it because I'm always right.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X