Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, all those shirtless men...

Spoiler:
    I really liked it. It wasn´t the most thrilling cliffhanger ever but Sanctuary isn´t about action but about an atmosphere and a gradation.
    I LOVED interactions between characters in this episode. Actors in all male roles were awesome with a great chemistry. Especially Chris with Peter as John and James. Their talk about John´s reasons for murdering was great. I love the smile on John´s (and Chris) face. It´s so mysterious that you never know what to think. I also loved the temporary friendship between Will and James. It was so nice, two people with such great ability. It shows that Will doesn´t have to be "abnormal" to be special. (but I would like to see him to have some abnormal ability ) I liked how his ability was presented here. But as someone mentioned here - I also thought for a minute that James is gonna say: "I am your father, Will" Well, technically, we know nothing about Will. Only that his mother was killed by some monster so for all we know, he could be even Helen´s brother or whatever I can´t wait to know more about Will and his past. There wasn´t much about it in S1.
    Scene between Clara and Will was great, too.

The twist in the end - well, I expected Henry or Ashley to betray but in Henry´s case, it was unprobable and more obvious. But that Ashley gets John´s ability was a total suprise. I always thought that if she should have some ability than immortality after her mother.

I hate that they killed Watson He was fantastic. I also liked Tesla. What is a name of that actor?

Now, something for what you probably are gonna kill me (virtually). I am not a big fan of Amanda. I have never been her fan. But this show works for me...but in last episodes, I don´t know - it seems to me that she is pushed back by other actors who are (at least for me) more interesting or have a chance to develop (Robin Dunne e.g.). But it´s the way they wrote her lately - she seems just state the obvious or say some scientific stuff or waving with gun, switching two or three face expressions, and all the work are doing the others. I don´t know. I hope I will get a better impression in S2. This is a difficult role. Helen is 150 years old woman who should have the age written in her face and eyes. It doesn´t look like it in Amanda´s case. I like her when she acts a little crazy, smiles or makes some unusual stuff. She is probably a very good comedian so that´s maybe the reason why she doesn´t fit me here.
    I hope I didn´t make anyone angry, but this is the way I see it and the only problem why I can´t call this show "good" instead of "great".

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I loved it!
      sigpic
      Sig by Toomi

Comment

I don't want to read too many spoilers as I haven't seen the ep, but I was surprised from the little I know that Bigfoot isn't even mentioned in this ep. Does anyone know his fate??

das
        sigpic

Comment

Watched it tonight and loved it.....But

I HATE CLIFFHANGERS

So when is the next season coming I'm not impatient or anything
          sigpic

Comment

I've just realised..did they mention the big guy? Is he still lying at deaths door?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
              I've just realised..did they mention the big guy? Is he still lying at deaths door?
              He wasn't mentioned at all in this episode.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                He wasn't mentioned at all in this episode.
                That's a bit odd but part of the cliffhanger I suppose. Still, if they were going to kill him off they would have done it for the effect. I think it's good news then.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm trying desperately not to read anything... but was this episode aired early or what? I thought it wasn't on TV until Friday?
                  sigpic

Comment

*does a dance*

Spoiler:
                    What a awesome end to the season! Totaly suprised at Ashley's power! Loved Tesla. I missed him after the five. He has to be my Favorite Great epsiode can't wait till season 2

I thought John was fantastic in this espidoe. He's starting to grow on me heaps.
                    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                      I'm trying desperately not to read anything... but was this episode aired early or what? I thought it wasn't on TV until Friday?
                      It aired on Monday in the UK.

Stick to your guns and don't spoiler yourself, it will be well worth the wait!!
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        It aired on Monday in the UK.

Stick to your guns and don't spoiler yourself, it will be well worth the wait!!
                        Oooooh, I getcha! Thanks! *resists the spoilers*
                        sigpic

Comment

Re the no mention of BF. Whilst it might seem odd I can understand it from a timescale perspective. I'm sure the Cabal lady said at one point that they had Ashley and Henry in their clutches for a day so really Revelations 1 & 2 doesn't cover that large a time frame.

The majority of the episode Helen was either trying to get into the labyrinth or going through the trails so she simply may not have had time to check on him in any way. It's only towards the end of the ep that they where back at the Sanctuary and she immediately had Ashley collapsing on her and had to deal with that and then started working on the blood with Tesla.

It seems like it wouldn't have taken very long for her to add a line when they where working on the blood like "the Big guy doesn't have long so we need to get a cure urgently" but given all that happened in those last few minutes I really don't think they had the time to include it. It may be that they did have something but it had to be cut.

I wonder if he has a proper name. We have heard Will and some of the others call him Big Guy or the big guy (the second usually when they are asking about him, not to his face) but I can't see Helen calling him that. Maybe his name is unprenouncable but has he picked a regular name for himself?
                          sigpic

Comment

like... bob?
                            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Shame they didnt show the Big Guy.Helen could've had a comp screen in the lab with an image of him. Like the security camera from the isolation chamber.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                                like... bob?
                                ...Bob the bigfoot.

But I agree with Mousie I don't think there was really time to show him, to be honest, I didn't even thought about him till I came online and several people missed him. I think/hope he is going to be okay in the end...but we have to wait a very long time before we know that

I am curious how Ashley went so fast to the other side...what did they do to her?!?!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X