Revelations, Part 2 (113)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    No body likes agreeing with me. They're just forced to do it because I'm always right.
    Not right about getting Henry... *grumbles*

~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
      Pretty close. Mitosis refers to the replication of the chromosomes within a eukaryotic cell. If you're referring to the actual physical division of a cell into two identical cells, then you're talking about cytokinesis.

Did they use that word (mitosis) when talking about what they'd done to Ashley?
      I thught cytokinesis was that the cytoplasma of the cell is parting, and mitose is the whole division/replication process?

Because you have mitosis and meiosis....if I recall correctly...

Sorry if I translate it bad, but I'm not a native speaker...certainly not with this stuff!

I don't think they used that word. I think I could remember it if they did.

LiliJ thinks they could have found it all out from Helen's father. I think that's highly plausible.
      It is indeed.

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
      No... I think I was thinking about osmosis.
      osmosis is something else entirely...because that doesn't has to do with the cells replicating(or whatever) but it makes more sense that Ashley had to drink...the stuff they put in her would have been more spread over her system.

Oye...my head...somebody pass me the aspirin

Me too. Not that I like agreeing with YOU, seeing as you intend to fight me for Henry *narrows eyes*...
      You two fight over Henry..I'll take Will
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        I thught cytokinesis was that the cytoplasma of the cell is parting, and mitose is the whole division/replication process?
        Cytokinesis is the physical division of the cytoplasm, the organelles within the cell, the nucleus, and the cell membrane. Whereas mitosis refers specifically to the division of the genome (the chromosomes). Together they're a part of the cell's cycle leading to replication and division.

Because you have mitosis and meiosis....if I recall correctly...
        Meiosis refers to the reductional division of the genome in gametes and such.

osmosis is something else entirely...because that doesn't has to do with the cells replicating(or whatever) but it makes more sense that Ashley had to drink...the stuff they put in her would have been more spread over her system.
        It makes more sense for the simple reason that if what the Cabal gave her was some sort of solution that made it's way into her bloodstream and was able to pass through the cells' membranes, then it would explain the "adequate cellular penetration" line.

Oye...my head...somebody pass me the aspirin
        :: tosses over a fistful ::
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the right explanation! See...I shouldn't have been drooling at my teacher last year but actually listening to what he said...oh wait...I did graduate...so does it really matter?!?!?

*grabs aspirin* Thanks, that should help. Now I still need to write this paper

Also do many people in here think that Will is somehow family of Watson, because in a way they did had the same ability!
          sigpic

Comment

That was great wan is season 2?
            sigpic

Comment

ummm...excuse me Professor Pandora...quick question ma'am...

does this mean that if LiliJ and Henry were to ever....umm...what's the word...ah! get it on...

would their child have green eyes like Henry's when he semi-changed into werewolf...and would their offspring be...

hirsute?
              sigpic

Sam Carter Tribute

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                Yep, osmosis is what I was thinking of. I took biology a while ago, but I still remember some of the processes and terms (though not neccersarily in the right order, lol!).

You two fight over Henry..I'll take Will
                You can have him! I only really like him with his top off () - he's too perfect and too obvious for me. Henry all the way!

Btw, if anyone has any Tesla caps PLEASE post them on the artwork thread here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=62714, as I am trying to make a sig for a friend but am sadly lacking in caps!

Comment

Originally posted by pinielf View Post
                  That was great wan is season 2?
                  I don't think we know yet when s2 will be aired, although I suppose it could be in October, like s1.

Whenever it does air, it's far too long to wait, as far as I'm concerned.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    I don't think we know yet when s2 will be aired, although I suppose it could be in October, like s1.

Whenever it does air, it's far too long to wait, as far as I'm concerned.

Indeed
                    sigpic

Comment

Watson spoilers
                      Spoiler:

On my 2nd viewing I noticed something. When Watson is dieing he looks at John then at Tesla and says to Helen: "Your choice."

Am I hearing things or did Watson kinda gave Helen, the go ahead and forgive him (John)?
                      kinda like sure he is JtR but its still better ten the Vamp LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                        Watson spoilers
                        Spoiler:

On my 2nd viewing I noticed something. When Watson is dieing he looks at John then at Tesla and says to Helen: "Your choice."

Am I hearing things or did Watson kinda gave Helen, the go ahead and forgive him (John)?
                        kinda like sure he is JtR but its still better ten the Vamp LOL
                        I think

Spoiler:
                        he said "You I shall miss"
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bossluna View Post

does this mean that if LiliJ and Henry were to ever....umm...what's the word...ah! get it on...

would their child have green eyes like Henry's when he semi-changed into werewolf...and would their offspring be...

hirsute?
                          :: pushes glasses up bridge of nose ::

Ahem....

First off, there will be no "getting it on" with Henry unless I am the one doing the getting.

Secondly, I guess it would first depend on whether or not 2 organisms of different, albeit similar, species can breed viable offspring. I know the fantasy genre is full of conflicting theories; some say yes, some say no, some say only with a magical fairy, a full moon, and a bucket of chicken feathers present (okay, I made that one up, but you get my point).

Thirdly, and this is purely conjecture, if the offspring were viable, I don't see he/she would be any more hairy than any normal human. At least when in human form. If it were to possess Henry's abnormality then things have the potential to get very hairy.

As for the eyes, depends on the mother's eye colour, but I doubt the colour of Henry's alter-ego would play a role in determining the "human" colour.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand........I feel like more of a geek now than I did 5 minutes ago. Thanks for that.
                          Last edited by Pandora's_Box; 08 January 2009, 07:51 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                            I think

Spoiler:
                            he said "You I shall miss"
                            Could be. I had to rewind to hear and maybe I heared what I wanted LOL

I'm really digging Druitt. The actor is so freaking cool!

Comment

Originally posted by bossluna View Post

hirsute?
                              Eye colour depends on dominant genes, and green eyes are subdominant. Most likey they would be brown, like mine! I'm not sure whether the kid would be a werewolf, or a witch, like me. Possibly a mix. Nice topic!

And Pandora is WRONG - Henry is MINE and she knows it, she just won't admit defeat.

PS: If our kid's a girl she'll be called Lycea. Because I think Lycan is Latin, or Greek or something for werewolf. And now I feel even geekier than Pandora...

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                                And Pandora is WRONG - Henry is MINE and she knows it, she just won't admit defeat.
                                You're ill. I will allow you this delusional fantasy.......for now......

PS: If our kid's a girl she'll be called Lycea. Because I think Lycan is Latin, or Greek or something for werewolf. And now I feel even geekier than Pandora...
                                :: pushes glasses up bridge of nose....again...

Ahem...

Actually lycan is just a slang term used in the movie Underworld. Lycanthrope comes from two Greek words meaning wolf and human/man and is the "official" term.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X