The Sanctuary Challenges Art Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emengee View Post
    I know I'm a little late, but my computer was down.

Here are my two submissions

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ke-d2y1mg5.jpg

and

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ke-d2y1me6.jpg

Sorry it stretched out, I'm not sure how to only do a smaller preview.

Hope you like them!
    Emengee, I love just LOVE the first one. ^^
    I'm glad you posted them! And boo for uncooperative computers! (I know what that's like. ;P)

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
    AWESOME ARTWORK EVERYONE. I knew you would be awesome. It is a pleasure to look at your art.
    Love them all. Great work.

Mine avatars are here :

I think I am not going to make anything more for this challenge. I am busy with my school and I will have to make new banner for new challenge, which is about abnormals
    I hope you like my avies .D
    Sammie, I love the last one! The colors and the picture... it's just great!

So, who is your fav abnormal ?
    Do you like the idea about abnormals ?
    What kind of opinion do you have about BigFoot ?
    Are you happy that Helen is one of the abnormals ?

Let''s talk about them all.
    And I didn't know what kind of banner to make, so I made only this.. there were a lot of abnormals in the TV show
    First, I really the banner! I thought it was cool! ;DD It shows that there are still many many more abbys we haven't seen! (YAY for season 3! XD)

And quick answers to the question you posted because I feel like it:

Well, as I said in the women's challenge, I really like Sophie because I like empaths. I love what you can do with a power like that. ^^
    I also love Sally. Yay for mermaids!

Like? I adore! ^^

I like him? He's funny. For tonigh, that's as far as my opinion will go. Maybe more thoughtful things this weeks...

Err... YEEEESS! Like that's a question. XD
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Let''s talk about them all.
      And I didn't know what kind of banner to make, so I made only this.. there were a lot of abnormals in the TV show
      YAY! So stoked! I've already started capping the season 1 eps i'll need. Should get my season 2 Blu-rays mid week, then i'll work on the season 2 ones.

So, who is your fav abnormal?
      Could you ask a harder question? There are sooo many to pick from. But I love the nubbins and baby steno, both so cute.

Do you like the idea about abnormals?
      Hells yeah, I love the whole idea of them and the story behind them all.

What kind of opinion do you have about BigFoot?
      ITS BIG FOOT, do i need to say anything else? He's just so damn cool! "*ug ugh ug ug UGH* *headslap*"

Are you happy that Helen is one of the abnormals?
      Yes, BUUUT. She did get the bad end of the deal with the five, all of them got long life in one shape or form. So I really hope one day she ends up with a new power.

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
      Love seeing what everyone has come up with! Great work guys!

Seems like a very nice cosy little thread here, I like it!
      Discussing and fanarting Sanctuary, what more can a girl ask for?

btw. love your last banner katjoy, that cap of AT is great, it's funny how Amanda always seems show dimples, no matter what facial expression she has

Edit: Yay abnormals challenge! Which one will I pick...
      Thanks 2Shy! Your art is awesome!

Speaking of Amanda's caps... I cap all the episodes I need myself, and I've only seen one or two caps where she doesn't look good. All the other cast members get blurry caps, but not Amanda, she's so perfect.

You don't have to pick one, most of us are doing as many as we can fit in!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
        Are you happy that Helen is one of the abnormals?
        Yes, BUUUT. She did get the bad end of the deal with the five, all of them got long life in one shape or form. So I really hope one day she ends up with a new power.
        YES!
        I forgot to say that. I agree with you.
        I really do hope we'll get to see her with another power. I've thought about it a lot, and the reason why she hasn't told anybody could be because it's a darker power and one she doesn't like to use it -or maybe something happened while she was using it and decided never to use it again.
        Whatever, I'd like something on that side. ^^
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
          YES!
          I forgot to say that. I agree with you.
          I really do hope we'll get to see her with another power. I've thought about it a lot, and the reason why she hasn't told anybody could be because it's a darker power and one she doesn't like to use it -or maybe something happened while she was using it and decided never to use it again.
          Whatever, I'd like something on that side. ^^
          Tottaly, it would be so awesome to find out she can fire lightning bolts from her hands or something. She needs an active power of somesort, it would be kinda lame if she just had another passive one.

Comment

Awesome banner for this challenge sweetie

Haha I'm not sure if I have fave abnormal
            I would say Helen, but you know I also love Ralphie

I love that idea !!!

Hell YES !!!

OF course I am Helen ROCKS !!!
            The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
            sigpic

Comment

Love seeing what everyone has come up with! Great work guys!

Seems like a very nice cosy little thread here, I like it!
              Discussing and fanarting Sanctuary, what more can a girl ask for?

btw. love your last banner katjoy, that cap of AT is great, it's funny how Amanda always seems show dimples, no matter what facial expression she has

Edit: Yay abnormals challenge! Which one will I pick...
              thanks 2shy! hehe, and they are such cute dimples...

helen obviously... but since im taking this challenge as a non-main cast challenge:

sally - tranquill and love the quiet moments where helen and her communicate telepathically...
              ralphie - awwies, hes so cute in his own way!
              two faced guy - funny
              the morrigan - loved that story

but all in all, so many interesting & weird and wonderful abbys

TOTALLY! the abnormals are sooo cool, and the stories behind them and fascinating! bring on more abbys in s3

ITS BIG FOOT, do i need to say anything else? He's just so damn cool! "*ug ugh ug ug UGH* *headslap*"
              stolen

i think the big guy is awesome! adored him right from the webisodes! gotta love a good headslap

beyond totally stolen ive lost count of how many people ive complained to that helen got screwed over because they all have longevity of some sort... i really, really, REALLY hope that we learn the back story to her active power and why she no longer uses it!

and to answer the question yes! because helen being an abnormal draws on history and i love that part of the show...
              Last edited by katjoy; 06 September 2010, 03:19 AM.
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Thanks 2Shy! Your art is awesome!

Speaking of Amanda's caps... I cap all the episodes I need myself, and I've only seen one or two caps where she doesn't look good. All the other cast members get blurry caps, but not Amanda, she's so perfect.

You don't have to pick one, most of us are doing as many as we can fit in!
                Thanks glad you like what I'm doing, and I would love to make many many many more this week, but if I find the time to do just one, I'll be a very happy camper!

Hard question, since just about every character on Sanctuary is an abnormal, lol! sans Will and Kate of course. *ponders*
                So I have to say Helen. But out of the more creature like abnormals, I think Steve from the webisodes, the 'puppy dog' is one of my fav! (And the baby steno of course )

Yes! It's like they've taken the concept of 'monster of the week' and totally made it their own thing, and really celebrates the value and beauty of being different.

Hey, what's not love, right? Love the big guy!

Yes! As was mentioned, it brings the hole history aspect to the show and the scope and possibilities that brings. And having a 160 year old character also brings a lot of depth and darkness and sorrow to a character that you otherwise wouldn't have in that magnitude, and it creates a very fascinating and captivating character. Because I doubt, no matter how long the show will run, we will never really truly know Helen, she'll always have her secrets. And they're always be new stories to tell.

Comment

Woo! My Season 2 Blu-rays arrived! Time to pump out these art.

Already done one wallie.

Where's everyone else at?
                  Last edited by Kidwizz; 07 September 2010, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Already done one wallie.

Yay for Sanctuary blu-rays, they're shiny, aren't they?

I still haven't picked out what abnormal to use for the challenge, there are so many fun ones Planning on doing a wallie though...

Comment

Already done one wallie.

yay, finally!

as you know im still hunting down pix may try start an actual piece tonight...
                      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                        excuse the double post... but here is my art for the kush challenge

Hey Katjoy really love your banners. They're awesome, glad your having fun making banners! They're really awesome. Can't wait to show off my Sanctuary photoshops (got to watch the whole first season first haha)
                        sigpic

Comment

Yay for Sanctuary blu-rays, they're shiny, aren't they?

I still haven't picked out what abnormal to use for the challenge, there are so many fun ones Planning on doing a wallie though...
                          SO VERY SHINY!

yay, finally!

as you know im still hunting down pix may try start an actual piece tonight...
                          Haha good luck!

Comment

hey guys I'm back internet finally fixed
                            so, we're having an abnormals challenge this week? I hope I'll manage to do something. that if my mojo comes back

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
                              hey guys I'm back internet finally fixed
                              so, we're having an abnormals challenge this week? I hope I'll manage to do something. that if my mojo comes back
                              YAY! welcome back criss

heres hoping you find your mojo for our abbys challenge!

Comment

YAY! welcome back criss

heres hoping you find your mojo for our abbys challenge!
                                thanks kat
                                I think I have an idea about the abnormal I wanna choose
                                how's everyone doing with their art?

Comment

Working...
                                X