No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was not really offensive, just a tiny derogatory remark of sorts... and yeah he was totally stared down!
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
      This doesn't really save the post from being complete off-topic but how do it is expressed in English is two people live together in a relationships as they were married but are not? Referring them as husband and wife doesn't seem correct but girlfriend and boyfriend feel off too, specially if they are not very young.
      I have NO idea what you are talking about!
      You might have to lay off that vodka
      (just kidding)

Comment

StarSancFar, It was more like not drunk enough... My family (extended version too) is nice but nearly a week with little peace and quiet tends to stretch my patience Storms that were causing black outs all over the place weren't helping either, I was a bit stressed for my fish and freezer. Luckily my apartment didn't have that kind of problems when we were away

Haha, post count I'd love to get a chance to have a custom avatar but if I keep posting as slow as I have, I'll reach 2,000 in *counts* around 2017 Seems like I'm stuck with this for a while

es,

This doesn't really save the post from being complete off-topic but how do it is expressed in English is two people live together in a relationships as they were married but are not? Referring them as husband and wife doesn't seem correct but girlfriend and boyfriend feel off too, specially if they are not very young.
        Ah I see hahaaa!
        Lol, you'll just have to start spamming other threads with random 'HI!'s

I know that was for es, but do you mean How would you describe a man and a women who lived together in a strong relationship without being married, cause I'd call them partners

Originally posted by es! View Post
        It was not really offensive, just a tiny derogatory remark of sorts... and yeah he was totally stared down!
        Ah, I see, yeah I bet he was a bit stunned!
        sigpic
        Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
        'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
        : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
        I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
        Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
          I don't think they're golf balls, I think they're some other sort of golf-ball looking things.
          OMG 3 DAYS!!!

Dropping off another vid too! I should stop, I really should...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mst4W1Ebxg
          I think you guys will like the start...
          I love the video! and all the lovely arts. Sorry I haven't been doing much of them been stuck in Storybrooke XD but soon I will be back with alot of them
          sigpic

Comment

I knew I was expressing myself badly

What I mean, when people start seeing each other in serious manner, they become boyfriends and girlfriend. What they get married, they become husbands and a wifes. But in modern world, boyfriend and girlfriend often live together (as if they were married) for a long time before they get married, if they get married at all. Is there an English word for a girlfriend-who-lives-together-with-her-boyfriend and a boyfriend-who-lives-together-with-his-girlfriend? Is there a word for that living together but not being married phase?

None of the dictionaries I use have an English translation for that but every time I try speak, say, my over 80 year old grandfather who lived together with his over 70 year old girlfriend I feel like an idiot (And the new year 2012 arriving, I'm trying to expand my vocabulary )

Edit: Thanks, StarSancFar That guestion was pretty much to everyone, I was just reminded of it by es

Now I'll feel much less stupid when I'll have to explain stuff like that next time

Comment

What Star said: partners

Comment

I knew I was expressing myself badly

What I mean, when people start seeing each other in serious manner, they become boyfriends and girlfriend. What they get married, they become husbands and a wifes. But in modern world, boyfriend and girlfriend often live together (as if they were married) for a long time before they get married, if they get married at all. Is there an English word for a girlfriend-who-lives-together-with-her-boyfriend and a boyfriend-who-lives-together-with-his-girlfriend? Is there a word for that living together but not being married phase?

None of the dictionaries I use have an English translation for that but every time I try speak, say, my over 80 year old grandfather who lived together with his over 70 year old girlfriend I feel like an idiot (And the new year 2012 arriving, I'm trying to expand my vocabulary )

Edit: Thanks, StarSancFar That guestion was pretty much to everyone, I was just reminded of it by es

Now I'll feel much less stupid when I'll have to explain stuff like that next time

Ummmmmm, I'm not sure, I think there's a number of ways of saying it:
                - living partners
                -common law marriage - Click
                -cohabitaion - Click

Hope that helps
                sigpic
                I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                Indeed

Comment

ROFL @ "cohabitation"!!!
                  You could say that Nikola and Helen cohabitate when he stays over at the Sanctuary

Comment

Common-law spouse.

Comment

ROFL @ "cohabitation"!!!
                      You could say that Nikola and Helen cohabitate when he stays over at the Sanctuary

HAHAHAA! Especially 'cause:
                      the act of living together and having a sexual relationship (especially without being married)
                      That would be so shippy!!!
                      sigpic
                      Indeed

Comment

Well I was sort of hoping for a more ambiguous meaning but it still works for me :lol

Love your new location, Star! *snort*

Comment

Well I was sort of hoping for a more ambiguous meaning but it still works for me :lol

Love your new location, Star! *snort*
                          Haha, well my inner-shipper couldn't help it!

Haahaa, I changed it last night!
                          sigpic
                          Indeed

Comment

Cohabitation sounds so clinical it sounds hot

Comment

I know! It really sounds like a title of a Teslen fic that would include Nubbins

Comment

Haha
                                sigpic
                                Indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X