Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by es! View Post
    Re: Friends with benefits:

I can't wrap my mind around this concept in RL and I wouldn't like it for Teslen, even if I am alone with this opinion.

I mean, they both have to be very desperate to get laid to agree to something like that
    I like to think that their relationship is something more special.
    I totally agree with you. I don’t think Friends with benefits would do either character justice. There is to much potential.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Heh. No matter what everyone thinks, I do appreciate that we can actually discuss the possibilities. Just imagine how hard it must be to decide what happens on screen if we, actual shippers, already have a difficult time figuring out what a relationship should be like.

The Mojo loves it
    Some simple artwork:

Oh so pretty…may I scrunch, please. ?

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
    Welllll, I'm probably in the minority here but for me, FWB = just wanting to have sex with someone who isn't a stranger but without any commitments or responsibilities. To me there'd be something really lacking in that type of arrangement. BUT I respect that everyone doesn't feel that way. I want more than that for Helen and Nikola though.

Very pretty art, Nad. At first I assumed the quote would be Helen saying that to Nikola, but actually it could go either way.
    You are not in the minority…I don’t agree with FWB, it lacks all connectivity to a person on an emotional level which is what humans need.

Originally posted by lillypilly View Post
    John/Aeryn (Farscape)!! One of the best written couples (on one of the best written shows) of all time. They had MASSES of UST from the start. Things were kiiiiind of complicated with them at times, but technically they got together in season three, and by the end of the series they were
    Spoiler:
    married and had a baby.
    They are a perfect example of how, with good writing that stays true to the characters, and lets them grow and develop individually as well as together then a TV couple never has to get boring or kill the show.
    One of the most amazing shows and ships of all time.

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    Tom/B'lana (sp?) on Star Trek: Voyager. They had LOADS of UST at the beginning (actually, they hated each other at first ), but eventually
    Spoiler:
    they got married. And later on they had a baby

And even though it's been a while since I've watched the show (I was like, 10? when it ended), I don't remember their ship ever becoming stale or boring or ridiculous. From what I can recall, everything about their ship was written pretty well and realistically, and even after the ST was "resolved" their personalities didn't change drastically and they were still sort of snarky

Actually, thinking about it now, I'd love for Teslen to develop like their relationship did. It wouldn't be far-fetched or too fluffy.
    One of the best aspect of that show, were these to characters, they were human and people relate to them.

So on to Teslen...i would love to see them have a real relationship, on or off screen. As long as it is written right and it makes sense, i do not want to see them together just to be together. I want it to make sense and it be something both of them want and realize that they want.
    Having them just be together with not explanation would just be pointless. But anyway. This thread has really started to pick up in the discussion of the ship, and i like to read everyone opinion.
    Also i would like to comment that no one has gotten bent out of shape if they disagree with someone else opinion, it show maturity in our ship.
    sigpic
    Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Spoiler:
      It sounds terrible and when I first saw it I was like but my next thought was: He's totally playing them.

The one thing we know about Nikola -- he always has an agenda! I'm sure there's more going on than it seems. So I'm not too worried... (Okay I'm kind of worried, but only because I can just imagine Helen's reaction when she finds out. Yikes!)

Spoiler:
      First I was afraid that they would turn him into an evil character but then I remembered Amandas interviews that they trust each other implicitly and that she knows that he would never truley hurt her and in some trailer we saw him fighting with Henry I think against the bad boys and then the kiss in the last ep and the mentioned flirting.
      So I guess he has something other in mind or really goes undercover after Helen convinces him to do so or she shakes him down, because I doubt they know he is a vamp and if they would know, maybe he would get problems and even ends a test object himself.
      So maybe it sounds much more terrible than it really is, because if he would really do cruel experiments with Abnormals, I doubt Helen would forgive him and Damien said that he has a deep place in his heart for her, so I doubt he would do that to her.
      So maybe it is one of his crazy ideas and in the end he even needs to be safed by Helen^^
      Last edited by Altariel; October 14, 2011, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Yeah, that's probably what I'll do. LOL

Um, I'm not sure if TLM is online...I'll look for it and PM you
        Thanks

That's true. But I am sort of wondering what he is doing in his free time. I mean, he is a hunk. A brilliant, decadent, wine-sampling hunk. I bet he could have all girls out there. Maybe he could even find one or two smart ones who could entertain his brain and stroke his
        Spoiler:
        ego

for a couple of nights
        *smirks*
        I don't think sex has even been top of Niko's list of priorities... but I don't think he would refrain entirely either. I think it's one of those things he could take or leave... even with Helen. I think he values her scientific curiosity and intellectual challenges as much as he would value a physical relationship with her - just another thing I love about Helen/Niko dynamic. It's not ALL about sex, but you just know when they got down to it it would be... explosive

^ maybe Helen activates a searchlight with a bat-shaped insignia over the lens? Like, in Batman?

I am sorry I'm in a crack-up mood
        Maybe she sticks an X on the window and shines a light on it

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
        Do you really think it is possible for a man to stay celibate for so long, even if he loves only Helen and that he thinks she is something very special to him? With Nikola it is difficult to say, even more cause he is also a vampire, maybe he has more control on his needs? I´m still undecided if he has girls or not.
        I think certainly it's possible to stay celibate if he's focused on experiments / discovering his abilities / other things etc.

Oh yes. For a girl too
        Especially if a person is very busy (taking over the world) and has no time to think at length about it
        Sex is not important to everybody in the same way. I am with Mimzy that Niko is more the intellectual type. Doesn't mean he wouldn't enjoy a romp But it's probably not one of his basic needs (like an intellectual peer to banter with )
        *agrees*

There are plenty of us who perfectly content waiting for someone to come along who's actually worth it.
        I totally admire people who wait for someone they really love and want to spend their life with - probably because that's the viewpoint I take. Possibly like Niko in some respects I've always given more weight to intellectual pursuits then physical ones. Sex is something I can take or leave.
        That said, each to their own. I wouldn't think less of someone who had a strong sex drive Variety is the spice of life and all

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
        Hehe. Spin-off.

*gutter*

ETA: I don't know about US universities, but where I come from, students meet many of their peers and generally folks with similar interests in universities, so really many marry their co-students in the end.
        I knew a lot of people at university that went PURELY to meet someone and get married. Which I was somewhat astounded by at first - given the cost of uni and how much debt you can get into just to have that privilege to educate yourself further.
        That said, I also knew a lot of people who had no money issues, and didn't place the same value on getting a degree *shrugs* I can certainly see the opportunities for meeting someone...

In one of the upcoming episodes, the description says that
        Spoiler:
        he's apparently working for Homeland Security, experimenting on abnormals! I assume he has his own agenda, but never thought he would be doing something like that, at least not these days!

Which episode is that?

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
        So on to Teslen...i would love to see them have a real relationship, on or off screen. As long as it is written right and it makes sense, i do not want to see them together just to be together. I want it to make sense and it be something both of them want and realize that they want.
        Yep, I agree. I think it's definitely working towards this as well, something that they both want and something that's developed naturally rather than been forced (like some shows).

This thread has really started to pick up in the discussion of the ship, and i like to read everyone opinion. Also i would like to comment that no one has gotten bent out of shape if they disagree with someone else opinion, it show maturity in our ship.
        One of the reasons I love the few threads I pop into. It's nice not to have to feel uncomfortable voicing your opinion, knowing some people may disagree but they aren't going to just diss you. Discussion is good
        sigpic
        ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
          Thanks

<snip>

Yep, I agree. I think it's definitely working towards this as well, something that they both want and something that's developed naturally rather than been forced (like some shows).

One of the reasons I love the few threads I pop into. It's nice not to have to feel uncomfortable voicing your opinion, knowing some people may disagree but they aren't going to just diss you. Discussion is good
          I want it to work toward that. I think it makes sense anyway.

I know discussion is good. and i personally like reading every ones thoughts and views, sometimes i don't agree, other times i realize they see it in a totally different way.
          sigpic

Comment

And then sometimes you find yourself changing your opinion altogether There are definite benefits to hearing other people's POV
            sigpic
            ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

And then sometimes you find yourself changing your opinion altogether There are definite benefits to hearing other people's POV
              Yep, that too
              Cookies for everyone?

"Are you like, a crazy person?"
              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

^ Thanks, but I'll choose lingonberry juice and vodka today. Omnomnom!

It is a Sanctuary day in US, right? And I haven't seen even Tempus yet... so, back to fanfic -->

Comment

Unresolved Sexual Tension and Resolved Sexual Tension
                  Thanks It ALL makes sense now!

It would be.
                  I'm not one for kid fic, but even I have read stories with children I thought were kind of adorable. I love reading the 'what if's' here, but in FF it's not my cup of tea, usually.
                  I have once written a fic in which Helen was pregnant with Niko's child, but I stopped there. Pragnancy I could write, but I had no idea what to do with an actual kid.
                  I like the fics where she gets preggers and then a tiny bit afterwards. I havent seen that many involving them raising kids....but I can see why you wouldn't like them

Re: Friends with benefits:

I can't wrap my mind around this concept in RL and I wouldn't like it for Teslen, even if I am alone with this opinion.

I mean, they both have to be very desperate to get laid to agree to something like that
                  I like to think that their relationship is something more special.
                  I think they're relationship is more special too

Yeah, you sort of summed up why I am not into FWB

You know what I think? I think I'd be actually happy about (almost) any development between Helen and Nikola. I mean, guys, you've been at it for more than a century, can something happen now, please?
                  This is why I was so excited to hear AT's comment in that Behind the Scenes vid Change is coming
                  Change is coming!!!! Love it, and I was proper squeeing when she said that! And yeah, throw us fans a bone here! They've had UST foe like...EVER! A lil' movement in the forwards direction would be great!

FWB would most definitely NOT work for Teslen.

Why?

Simple reason. Nikola wouldn't be able to handle it. I think underneath all that snarkiness all he really wants is something FAR deeper than FWB and I honestly believe that the only way he could be with Helen is if she was totally committed to him the way he is to her. FWB can have too many loose ends and given the fact that he's waited 100+ years for her, I'm pretty sure he's not the type to want to be in a "I'm not sure what the level of commitment is here" kind of relationship.

Also, on the UST - Amanda did NOT say
                  Spoiler:
                  that they would never hook up because the ST would then be gone. She was just weighing pros/cons of RST "exploding" vs. constant UST. She never definitively said the ST would even BE gone if they got together - she was just questioning whether that would happen or not (probably not - I mean, those two will NEVER stop bantering, EVER).

Personally, unnecessarily extended UST pisses me off. It's fun for a good while but then if it drags out too long then it just becomes incredibly frustrating and can possibly turn people off from a 'ship (I know of people who gave up on Sam/Jack b/c it took too long and nothing definitive happened).
                  WOAH, Mimzy, when I suggested FWB I wasn't like wholly into the idea, just an idea to throw around. And I agree, he needs her to be fully commited and I think that that relationship would work between them

I thought that...
                  Spoiler:
                  The secret is just the fact that she had to live for 113 years to get back to them?? And hasn't told them all?
                  No, I think its something more than that, I think by the way she was talking about it that it has to be a secret from us as well, then it is revealed in the finale and everyone will be like

And talking about Helen/John angst - it's that that REALLY turns me off the ship I don't mind a little when necessary but it just seems like constant angst with those two.
                  I like Helen/Niko's dynamic because it's so playful, with the banter and flirting and occasional you're-driving-me-crazy element followed by gosh-I-want-you-ness
                  Sames. I don't mind the ship, but it really is VERY angsty most of the time. And I agree with the other thing you said. I love when ships are playful! Like Castle/Beckett in Castle!

sniped/ This said, I do get a different feeling with Helen/Niko. I don't know if it's wishful thinking or if there are clues in Sanctuary that I'm subconsciously picking up, but I really do feel hopeful for them.
                  Perhaps because their relationship is different to anything I've shipped in the past. Perhaps because of the history of the characters. There's just a very different/cool dynamic to those two that I certainly don't see any issues with disappearing if they resolve the sexual tension.
                  As some have said, I don't think it would be one of those fluffy-sappy-OTT-romantic relationships on screen. I think we'd just get the odd injection of intimacy (kisses, hugs, the odd serious convo) but more than anything because it's Sanctuary and not The-Helen/Niko-relationship-show we'd still have a lovely amount of flirting, banter, disagreements, and TENSION, whilst the main plot of each episode carried on as usual.

Not that I'd object to watching Helen & Niko getting it on for a full hour's tv a week
                  *gutter*
                  ^^agrees, especially the last bit!!!! teeheehee

That's true. But I am sort of wondering what he is doing in his free time. I mean, he is a hunk. A brilliant, decadent, wine-sampling hunk. I bet he could have all girls out there. Maybe he could even find one or two smart ones who could entertain his brain and stroke his
                  Spoiler:
                  ego

for a couple of nights
                  HAHA! Like what you did there. For a minute I was like WOAH! PG THREAD!! LOL

OR maybe he pretends to go away but he really is hiding out in some lair underground connected to Helen's wine cellar via secret passageway. Where he spends all his time hacking into the security camera system and spying on everything going on in the Sanctuary until Helen contacts him (btw...HOW does she contact him??? like in "Awakening" before they went on the trip? How would she know where he was unless he'd told her - which doesn't seem likely - or he actually does stay at the Sanctuary far more frequently than we've been led to believe .
                  I thought that! HOW does she contact him! How does she contact anyone? John? Well, 'where would a girl be without her secrets?'
                  And, I bet he does, we just don't see him half the time becuase he would just steal the show!

Given the kind of guy he is, I can actually see him staying celibate because he only wants Helen, but that's not to say he didn't flirt with a lot of women (the annoying - "oh, I'll totally let you get that far. but not really. I'm just playing you trololo"). He was a definite chick magnet even historically. But honestly I think on some level the intellectual exchange of witty flirtatious banter with women is more interesting/satisfying? to him than something physical. I think Helen is special b/c with her he wants the whole package (as he should), but for the most part he seems to be the type to be more turned on by wit than anything else. Even with the scene where he plays with Abby's shirt, he seemed to be more interested in the fact that he was making Will uncomfortable than he was with actually opening her shirt xD
                  I think he must have been with others. Back in the day. Because I think he wanted to experiment, his curiosity is just too high for him to resist. Plus, don't scientist want to experiment?

OMG, then Nikola could be virgin *giggle* If that really would be the case then it is not easier for him to be with Helen some day, but nah I don´t believe that somehow.
                  As he loves Helen so much and wants it to be perfect, I think he would want a little....practise before Helen. So that when the times does come (not if) he knows what he's doing and it's special

HEY! There are plenty of us who perfectly content waiting for someone to come along who's actually worth it. I turn 21 in less than 2 weeks and damn it all if I'm not proud of myself for being a virgin. TBH conformist society can go to hell.
                  Good on you! I know many people my age (16) that have already done the deed!! WAaaaaaayY to young IMO.
                  And I hate how the media portrays relationships with just sex sex sex. Then everyone thinks thats how its supposed to be, It's about love and friendship, it's not all physical! Grrr *joins mimzy in being mad*

In one of the upcoming episodes, the description says that
                  Spoiler:
                  he's apparently working for Homeland Security, experimenting on abnormals! I assume he has his own agenda, but never thought he would be doing something like that, at least not these days!

Spoiler:
                  HEEEHEEE! Which ep is that?! Can't wait, and I don't want to pass judgement on it yet as we don't know the circumstances. Like people are saying, he could be undercover, I don't think he would willingly experiment on abnormals, not with Helen's beleifs....
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                  'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                  : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                  I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                  Indeed

Comment

It´s ep 5.

What do you think about the fact that Damian writes for another show, universal soldiers or something like that. Is that normal that writers try different things in the meanwhile when there is a break or is that a hint that it´s not so good for Sanctuary? I really have no idea of series and movie making

Comment

It´s ep 5.

What do you think about the fact that Damian writes for another show, universal soldiers or something like that. Is that normal that writers try different things in the meanwhile when there is a break or is that a hint that it´s not so good for Sanctuary? I really have no idea of series and movie making
                      Cool, thanks

I'm not sure what to make of it, I don't think it means bad news for sanctuary or implies that, I think he might just be doing it because of the hiatus or maybe he's gonna write two at the same time. Maybe he won't write for Sanctuary as much or maybe not at all.... it's hard to know really. I hope it doesn't mean bad news for Sanctuary, it better not or heads will roll.... But I really don't think it is
                      sigpic
                      I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                      Indeed

Comment

Helen's secret:
                        Spoiler:
                        I think it's not the mere fact that she lived another 113 years, but WHAT she'd been doing during that time.

And as for Niko's
                        Spoiler:
                        experiments.
                        I bet Will or Kate will find signes and investigate on their own, then report to Helen about what they found on bad, evil Tesla, and she will be like, Uh, I actually planted him there to work undercover!
                        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Wow, interesting discussion
                          I can't see Nikola being a virgin. Very loyal yes, but to that big an extent for such a long period of time... Not really.

And the spoiler... Looks very interesting!

Originally posted by max_omega View Post

Oh so pretty…may I scrunch, please. ?
                          Thanks! Yes, sure. Go snurch

It´s ep 5.

It depends on how invested they are. It's not a weird thing per se... A lot of shows have a set of writers who get assigned to write certain episodes, so as long as there's good communication, it shouldn't have to be a bad thing
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Random Teslen art

sigpic

Comment

Helen's secret:
                              Spoiler:
                              I think it's not the mere fact that she lived another 113 years, but WHAT she'd been doing during that time.

And as for Niko's
                              Spoiler:
                              experiments.
                              I bet Will or Kate will find signes and investigate on their own, then report to Helen about what they found on bad, evil Tesla, and she will be like, Uh, I actually planted him there to work undercover!
                              Good idea!
                              Another good idea!
                              sigpic
                              Indeed

Comment

Max - pretty!!
                                sigpic
                                Indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X