No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Coats or whatever and that hug attack, I didn't feel she had much to do with Nikola.
    Well, I don´t know, she said that Nikola talks a lot about Helen, so I assume they spend time together and knew each other to some degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
      Well, I don´t know, she said that Nikola talks a lot about Helen, so I assume they spend time together and knew each other to some degree.
      That is true. I just assumed Dr. Coats was a willing victim of Nikola's more or less rambling monologues. He simply seems the type who sometimes likes to talks to people who don't interrupt, except to ask politely even more detailed descriptions Good to ego, those quiet people who like to listen

I don't think Nikola would tell any stranger about Helen but he and Coats were colleagues, and likely spent some time together while working... on what, that remains a mystery. Maybe she did some work for his electrical side project?

Just guessing here, of course

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
        *shrugs* phony in what way - for the characters or in the way the actresses went about it? but then I don't want to encourage more discussion of it here or the "big angry mods" will be after us here too.
        No no no, no moral discussions here. It just looks like Helen is not a very good kisser She coulda, uh, move her lips a little or something like this
        She should practice more. Preferably on screen. With Nikola

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
        That is true. I just assumed Dr. Coats was a willing victim of Nikola's more or less rambling monologues.

Oh my that's so funny - and I agree with you
        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
          No no no, no moral discussions here. It just looks like Helen is not a very good kisser She coulda, uh, move her lips a little or something like this
          She should practice more. Preferably on screen. With Nikola

I thought that she was just very surprised at first, the it was Dr. Lemur-scientist who was surprised and then the scene ended already.

I didn't find anything 'wrong' with the kiss itself, or the characters... Imho the actual problem, if you want to see it as one, personally I don't know if I do, is that Helen was who she is. Full of surprises and secrets in a way, but sometimes it is so very easy to guess what she is going to do. And she is not going to get mad if she is kissed by a woman, and she will not hook up with a lemur scientist. That kiss confirmed her open mindedness more than revealed new things, and we already know Helen is an open minded woman.

I nearly hoped she would have gotten angry I need something to work with her, something else than her professionalism and adamant will to do good things. I need to see her doing something that surprises me, and helps me to see in her head. I am not asking to know about her childhood favorite stories and first kiss, one surprise and a personal quirk in her character would work miracles!

Hmm, I think I wrote this once before so maybe I stop here

Comment

I need something to work with her, something else than her professionalism and adamant will to do good things. I need to see her doing something that surprises me, and helps me to see in her head. I am not asking to know about her childhood favorite stories and first kiss, one surprise and a personal quirk in her character would work miracles!
            Apparently she is not telling Will everything - she has some hidden agenda this season. It doesn't surprise me (much) but it's interesting and it's definitely one of several reasons for me why S4 is my favorite already. We get to see Helen from a different angle. Yum.

Comment

...something that I've been wanting to say since I saw Nikola in the Behind the Scenes vids:

I totally love his hair this season! I mean, I always loved his hair (duh). But now it looks less... comic-book like? And still very rufflable and hot!

Those pics from the con suggest he's actully almost blond? (I didn't know that before ) I wonder what they had to do with his fair hair to make it look dark and hedgehog-y last seasons

Comment

Apparently she is not telling Will everything - she has some hidden agenda this season. It doesn't surprise me (much) but it's interesting and it's definitely one of several reasons for me why S4 is my favorite already. We get to see Helen from a different angle. Yum.
                It is interesting I think Will is going to get quite... lively after he learns Helen kept some major secrets ^^ I wonder what she learned, that makes her want to cut the strings with the countries.

I hope Helen won't be reduced to too much action. She can handle herself in fights, we have seen that often, but I always liked her best when she was being a doctor and keeping her team in control without actually being with them. Now, when the cooperation with the countries and such is lessened Sanctuary has less power and things will likely get more messy in a way... I hope that they will cooperate with (spoiler tags to be very safe)
                Spoiler:
                Nikola's 'abnormal testing facility'. My guess is that it is just what will happen and the place will turn into some kind of extension to the Sanctuary Network. That would be so cool <3 (I'd love to see more taking over the world, though )

...something that I've been wanting to say since I saw Nikola in the Behind the Scenes vids:

I totally love his hair this season! I mean, I always loved his hair (duh). But now it looks less... comic-book like? And still very rufflable and hot!

Those pics from the con suggest he's actully almost blond? (I didn't know that before ) I wonder what they had to do with his fair hair to make it look dark and hedgehog-y last seasons
                I thought the blond in con pictures was dye? I'd see more closely but I have to type fast if I want to have time for lunch

I loved the spiky, cartoonish (good description btw!) style! At the moment I saw it it thought: 'Wow, that hair looks like the guy showed his hand into a plug socket!' (if that is the English word for where the electricity comes from, online dictionary isn't too clear with that one. Anyway, you can guess why the thought has amused me a lot since )

Comment

Re: hair

I know what you mean

And I have to repeat that I LOVED the spiky hair too!

It's just that many characters change their hair style throughtout shows. Just remember Daniel Jackson. I almost cried when his beautiful hair was chopped off in season 2. But then I got used to his more masculine looks I seems to me that PTB make male characters' hair shorter at some point to make them look more... grown up, mature maybe?

It works with Nikola at least I loved him being over the top earlier on the show. But I also love him now as a slightly more mature Nikola.

(Heck, I just love Nikola. Regardless of his hair. I guess that sums it up. Yeah )

Oh, and please, does anybody have more info on his blond hair at that con?

Comment

Man I've been so busy with assesments/exams, I've been going in Sanctuary withdrawal! But I'm done now *does a little dance* and just watched 'Resistance'!

DutchIndeed: And before the storage closet.

...Isn't it cool that we can now make legit storage closet jokes?
                    Hehe, that was the best line in the whole thing. Too cute. Hmmm there are plenty of closets in the hallways of the Sanctuary... *fanfic*

Speaking of ff:

LOL, I know how you feel!
                    Here's some of my favourites....
                    All these are from Fanfiction:

The Troublemakers by Stargategeek
                    Telepathic by ZaraShade
                    The Stolen Dress by Lastrequest
                    Vampire Nubbins by Stargategeek
                    The Invisible Exploits of Dr Magnus by chartreuseian
                    Letters to the Past by chartreuseian
                    Striptease by Snapjinx
                    The Curious Tale of the Serbian Babysitter by kaseykc
                    Seasick by Stargategeek
                    Awww Star, thank you. My fic made ur list. Proud moment.
                    And yep, those other ones are pretty much my fav Teslen ones too. Chartreuseian's fics are all amazing, she has some brilliant one-shots too if you're in the mood for them.

One last thing...I come bearing a vid. I'm going to make one to the other song you suggested Star too soonish(and this time spell your name right ).
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2LENl_Agq0

Comment

It's just that many characters change their hair style throughtout shows. Just remember Daniel Jackson. I almost cried when his beautiful hair was chopped off in season 2. But then I got used to his more masculine looks I seems to me that PTB make male characters' hair shorter at some point to make them look more... grown up, mature maybe?

It works with Nikola at least I loved him being over the top earlier on the show. But I also love him now as a slightly more mature Nikola.
                      Some people say that employees don't respect their boss if the boss looks like a 17 year old high school student Maybe he had to chance his looks to gain authority without showing too much vampirism or other tricks

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
                      Man I've been so busy with assesments/exams, I've been going in Sanctuary withdrawal! But I'm done now *does a little dance* and just watched 'Resistance'!
                      I know what you mean, being busy is bad for people... Work is bad, too. I am working at the moment, not fun at all! Makes me want to write ff And today some guys in suits barged in my room and told me I'll have to make room for ppl from other department, and now they are moving in and making terrible noise

But my new room is so cool! I have a window to machine lab/whatever it is called *happydance* I hope I'll be able to go there soon.

*coughs* Off-topic, where? Those guys moving here seem to be from Electrical Engineering, surely it makes this on-topic?

Ah, they went for coffee, now I can work again -->

Comment

One last thing...I come bearing a vid. I'm going to make one to the other song you suggested Star too soonish(and this time spell your name right ).
                        Aww, what a romantic video! I love it how you used clips from Tempus in Teslen context. Very smart!

*coughs* Off-topic, where? Those guys moving here seem to be from Electrical Engineering, surely it makes this on-topic?

Your posts always make me ROFL!

Comment

Somewhat related, but about Monsoon:
                          I've read all posts in the Monsoon thread... nobody mentioned there that the kiss looked... I dunno... phony Am I the only one who's nitpicky about their elementary-school technique?
                          (I am sorry I am asking here, but the big angry mods over there said we should drop the kiss topic... so I felt more comfortable to ask here where we are just a few people.)

Thank you very much!
                          I've read two of them but I'll have to have a closer look at the others
                          And I've just realized that I haven't reviewed the last three stories I read *hurries to ff.net*
                          By my post about if they got the kiss wrong or started giggling, I meant
                          Spoiler:
                          the kiss between Helen and Nikola in 'Sanctuary for none' lol.
                          Not the monsoon kiss

Thats alright

I just watched 5th episode. And oh was I amused!

Monsoon was a bit disappointing for me. Again, spoilers to be safe.

Spoiler:
                          It wasn't bad, no, but I had hoped we would have learned something about Helen. It was pretty much like Adam's time-jumping attack: Helen kicked some arse, and then kissed a girl. I think the ep was somewhat wasted when it comes to her.

5th ep Resistance(?), and spoilers again

Spoiler:
                          This one I loved, unsurprisingly The tentacle-monster-nearly-beholder was SO cool! Detailed and pretty in an ugly way.

Nikola was great, too. I was worried that he'd crawl to Helen and ask help but no such cheap plot <3 He was dealing with the creature himself. Helen and Henry were helping a lot, sure, but I feel confident he could and would have done what needed to be done without them, too.

His talk about company jets, nazi spies and other reasons why he didn't and then did take the job felt somehow, you know, faulty. He was so busy to paint a picture of self-centered neutrality. At first I thought he just wanted to help and was trying to make excuses to conceive it, but now... He plays better that that. Maybe there was some testing or some other scheme going on after all? It would make sense, you simply can't run a facility full of employees who do nothing and don't realize they are doing absolutely nothing.

Dr. Coats or whatever and that hug attack, I didn't feel she had much to do with Nikola. RL-Tesla had some, eh, fangirls, and the history claims he treated them politely. That was what I saw Sanctuary-Tesla doing with that doctor. The whole hug attack just didn't have the feeling of any kind of fling in it. Too bad, I kind of wanted to see Tesla with some other woman

That brings in mind the conversion we had some pages ago, about if Tesla had other women or not. I thought that sure, he'd be too curious not to, but now I think that maybe he wasn't that curious after all... And then there was his discussion with Henry. He probably revealed more than he realized. What that was, I have to watch the scene again to have a better theory
                          I quite liked monsoon, even though Magnus was still doing her arse-kicking thing, it still showed a different side to her in some way, not sure if it waas just the
                          Spoiler:
                          kiss
                          but something felt different lol

RE: Resistance
                          Spoiler:
                          I know what you mean! I loved the octupus-ish thing! It was so cool yet so creepy at the same time
                          Yep, Nikola wasn't expecting helen to show up, he was dealing with it on his own - just like in Sleepers when he fought the trust funders on his own - then Helen came in and helped, and he appreciated it - again, just like in sleepers, when Helen freed herself and came to his aid. It's just like whenever Niko deals with something, he's capable, but Helen gives that extra boost of support to move it along
                          I didn't think of that ('you simply can't run a facility full of employees who do nothing and don't realize they are doing absolutely nothing.') I wonder what they did all day?! lol...*fic plot*

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                          Yeah, I watched that bit again and after reading other comments here I think it looks like he pulls away from her more from being uncomfortable with her hugging him in front of everyone than out of OCD. They're not really doing that with Sanctuary Tesla anymore, with good reason.
                          Yeah, if they did still do that, it would take a lot of effert to keep it up, like what they scrapped with SG-1 with the ice on their face after they get out of the gate, took too much effort lol

That is true. I just assumed Dr. Coats was a willing victim of Nikola's more or less rambling monologues. He simply seems the type who sometimes likes to talks to people who don't interrupt, except to ask politely even more detailed descriptions Good to ego, those quiet people who like to listen

I don't think Nikola would tell any stranger about Helen but he and Coats were colleagues, and likely spent some time together while working... on what, that remains a mystery. Maybe she did some work for his electrical side project?

Just guessing here, of course
                          Haha! That's a good analysis!
                          Maybe Dr Coates found something of his, like a photo frame with Helen in... *heehee* Cause in most of the fics I've read, Niko ALWAYS has a picture of Helen

I love his hair too! I prefer Tesla S3 hair, because it looks so fluffy, but his hair this season is good too! ;P

It is interesting I think Will is going to get quite... lively after he learns Helen kept some major secrets ^^ I wonder what she learned, that makes her want to cut the strings with the countries.
                          ... I hope that they will cooperate with (spoiler tags to be very safe)
                          Spoiler:
                          Nikola's 'abnormal testing facility'. My guess is that it is just what will happen and the place will turn into some kind of extension to the Sanctuary Network. That would be so cool <3 (I'd love to see more taking over the world, though)
                          I wonder what Magnus' secret could be?!?!?!
                          I'd love to see that too! But without the
                          Spoiler:
                          testing on abnormals part
                          lol

It's just that many characters change their hair style throughtout shows. Just remember Daniel Jackson. I almost cried when his beautiful hair was chopped off in season 2. But then I got used to his more masculine looks. I seems to me that PTB make male characters' hair shorter at some point to make them look more... grown up, mature maybe?

(Heck, I just love Nikola. Regardless of his hair. I guess that sums it up. Yeah )

Oh, and please, does anybody have more info on his blond hair at that con?
                          Yeah, they do change it often, just look at Sam Carter - but I think the producers just let AT choose her own style, as long as it wasn't like really radical or anything , so maybe thats what J-YO does, but then the hair poeple just style it more Tesla-y
                          I prefered Daniels hair when they cut it off! I hate it when men have hair like that!

Yep, that sums it up lol

At the con, well his hair wasn't exactly blonde, it was just really light moussy brown. I think thats his natural hair colour.
                          They have to dye it for Sanctuary me thinks. He must have stripped the dye from his hair after filming the finale because it wasn't even a little bit dark lol. Or his hair just grows super fast

Hehe, that was the best line in the whole thing. Too cute. Hmmm there are plenty of closets in the hallways of the Sanctuary... *fanfic*

Speaking of ff:
                          Awww Star, thank you. My fic made ur list. Proud moment.
                          And yep, those other ones are pretty much my fav Teslen ones too. Chartreuseian's fics are all amazing, she has some brilliant one-shots too if you're in the mood for them.

YAY! But boo for exams, I've got a load of mocks to do this week and next week, plus a real Maths one *pouts* if only Sam Carter was here to help me with it OT....lol

It was such a great line, that would work perfectly into our little shippy minds plans! *mwhahaha*
                          Thats okay! I really am enjoying your fic, its one of the best Teslen ones out there And yes, Chartreuseians's are amazing!

Oooh, lovely vid! Loved the look Helen has at the beginning
                          YAYAY! Can't wait! haha lol

I also come bearing a vid Hope you all likes it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpoTv...el_video_title
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                          'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                          : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                          I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                          Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
                            At the con, well his hair wasn't exactly blonde, it was just really light moussy brown. I think thats his natural hair colour.
                            They have to dye it for Sanctuary me thinks. He must have stripped the dye from his hair after filming the finale because it wasn't even a little bit dark lol. Or his hair just grows super fast
                            Awww. Moussy brown.
                            You've been to the comic con, right? (I've just found your vid on YT )
                            Do you know when it takes place next time? I mean, the official site is still about the last one. I would SO love to meet Jonathon *sigh*
                            There will be a con in Germany in May, but he's not on the list of guests (yet? )...

YAY! But boo for exams, I've got a load of mocks to do this week and next week, plus a real Maths one *pouts* if only Sam Carter was here to help me with it OT....lol
                            Kiss some ass on the exams!
                            I'm out of school since February and I totally miss my math exams (or whatever math-ish we'd been doing there... more like astrophysics, lol)
                            Good luck to all guys who are having exams these days!

I also come bearing a vid Hope you all likes it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpoTv...el_video_title
                            Squeee! I love it!
                            It's always great to see how people manage to pick all those awesome tiny clips that are not necessarily shippy per se, and make them look totally Teslen in their vids!

Comment

Oh, and PS, because Star's post was so long that I managed to miss one thing when replying:
                              I didn't think of that ('you simply can't run a facility full of employees who do nothing and don't realize they are doing absolutely nothing.') I wonder what they did all day?! lol...*fic plot*
                              I do think they were doing *something* with abnormals... to create an illusion of experimenting on them. Nikola is ingenious enough to make all the scientists there believe that all the electricity research they'd been conducting is about abnormals too
                              I mean, if he's the only one with the whole picture there, nobody will know what exactly they are doing. But they are doing *something* so I don't think they are just sauntering around all day long ('sides, that would be Niko's part )

Comment

Awww. Moussy brown.
                                You've been to the comic con, right? (I've just found your vid on YT )
                                Do you know when it takes place next time? I mean, the official site is still about the last one. I would SO love to meet Jonathon *sigh*
                                There will be a con in Germany in May, but he's not on the list of guests (yet? )...
                                Yep, moussy brown
                                Yeah I was, this particular convention takes place every may and october, but each time there are different guests, unless they invite the same ones again. So I doubt J-Yo will be back (for a while at least )

Kiss some ass on the exams!
                                I'm out of school since February and I totally miss my math exams (or whatever math-ish we'd been doing there... more like astrophysics, lol)
                                Good luck to all guys who are having exams these days!
                                I will! *chinese chops*
                                haha, need Sam Carters help do ya?

Squeee! I love it!
                                It's always great to see how people manage to pick all those awesome tiny clips that are not necessarily shippy per se, and make them look totally Teslen in their vids!
                                Thanks, glad you liked it
                                Oh yeah, we're good at twisting scenes lol

Oh, and PS, because Star's post was so long that I managed to miss one thing when replying:

I do think they were doing *something* with abnormals... to create an illusion of experimenting on them. Nikola is ingenious enough to make all the scientists there believe that all the electricity research they'd been conducting is about abnormals too
                                I mean, if he's the only one with the whole picture there, nobody will know what exactly they are doing. But they are doing *something* so I don't think they are just sauntering around all day long ('sides, that would be Niko's part )
                                Haha, sorry about my previous post being so long, I like to catch up on basically everythihng! I'm a chatty person

Oh yeah, I'm sure he could fool them into doing *something* Or maybe he pays them (or makes the government pay them) so much, they really couldn't care
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                                'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                                : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                                I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                                Indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X