Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa there, hold your horses!

I don't think Nikola and the scientist chick have sex. I didn't get that feeling of equality from them that I think is absolutely necessary for Nikola to even consider anybody becoming his romantic interest.

I think she's just a member of his.. uh... fanclub A fangirl, probably with some privileges like a night with fine wine and calling the boss "Nikky". He's probably totally bored during those evenings but he plays along because he's an actor and needs admiring audience
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
      Whoa there, hold your horses!

I don't think Nikola and the scientist chick have sex. I didn't get that feeling of equality from them that I think is absolutely necessary for Nikola to even consider anybody becoming his romantic interest.

I think she's just a member of his.. uh... fanclub A fangirl, probably with some privileges like a night with fine wine and calling the boss "Nikky". He's probably totally bored during those evenings but he plays along because he's an actor and needs admiring audience
      That scenario would be nice. But I guess we will never know...

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
        That scenario would be nice. But I guess we will never know...
        I think the truth is in the eye of the beholder
        I personally think it would be totally OOC for Tesla to have such a primitive fling. And my fandom doesn't do OOC!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! I saw this just last night! I was squeeing so much!!
          Here's the transcript of the Tesla bit from the interview XD
          Spoiler:
          "There's nothing written nescesarilly about Magnus and Tesla, there's a very complex relationship if there ever was one, they've known each other for so long. Season 4 something interesting happened and it was really more about how Jonathon and I decided to play these characters and what we, y'know, we just wanted to have some fun, and kinda add this flirty element. They're best friends, he drives her crazy, and she drives him crazy, and yet there's this tremendous and profound love between them, as only people who have known each other for 150 years could have! So, um, he just decided to just flirt it up a bit, just for fun. And just to add these little moments of y'know...nothing happens between them but there's a lot of really sweet kinda lil' moments. And then we adlibbed this line in season 4 [chuckles], Jonathon just added one word. There was this line and he went... 'remember?'. 'This is just like Vienna in spring...remember?' [audience laughs] He added 'remember' and it changed the dynamic completely, and then I played this moment of [Amanda acts out being flustered and walks off]. So, nothings been written. We also added..uh, something else, um, that wasn't written, and I mean they have the choice to edit it or not, they can cut it out or not. But we just decided to play with the fun aspect of these two. And because you know the Five is slowly dying off or dissapearing into the ether, um, the two then really have each other...and so.... Season 4. Just wait! You're gonna love it! It's a lotta fun playing, for sure."

OMGOMG! So many good bits!

Gah, I can't green you anymore!
          Thank you, THANK YOU so much for the link! It's a wonderful panel. Love to hear AT talk about her charity projects.

But the Tesla bit almost made me faint *squeee*

Spoiler:
          "It is just like Vienna in spring... remember?"

Ooooh... My Austrian heart melts
          I can't wait for Tesla episodes!!!

PS: And it's so nice to hear that Jonathon added that bit... I mean, he feels his character, he knows the very essence of Tesla, and he totally brings it on! *faints*
          I know, I was so happy and excited when she was talking about him!
          I can't wait either!
          Yeah, he totally understands his character and has the chance to shape him which is amazing!

Somebody mentioned that the Monsoon kiss was unfair to poor Tesla who'd been trying to get Helen's attention for over 100 years.

That made me think... Tesla's been trying for so long already... I think he'll be totally baffled when Helen caves in, so he won't know what to do in the first moment
          I think he'll totally be baffled!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          I think Monsoon was great for our ship...

I TPTB dare to show that, I'm sure it won't be too wild to have Helen and Niko get it on on screen.

...And with on screen I don't actually mean... get it on on screen

I'm also one who loves hearing AT talk about Tesla and I love that she does so quite often
          Oh, I knew what you meant, but we all know we wouldn't mind that either
          The way she talks about him is so passionate, she's obviously nearly as fangirly as we lot are!

Am I the last one to watch this awesome vid??
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nJZk...eature=related
          Amanda's Q&A, part 1.

The first q is whether Helen changed the history when reliving it. Amanda answers that
          Spoiler:
          there were slight changes and everything will be revealed in the last 1.5 minutes of the season finale!
          Holy crap, WHAT WILL HAPPEN???
          One part of my brain (the bigger one ) tells me it will be something epic, something on the global scale. But then, it is not a "slight" change of history in this case!
          So my shipper heart tries to persuade me that maybe it's something Teslen-related... maybe they are a couple in this timeline <3
          There is of course a logical possibility that Helen saved Ashley somehow... but Amanda said in Australia that the actress had no time to come back to the show.... and they didn't want to bring her back too casually, they needed a BANG! for that... a change of history qualifies in my eyes.

And YAY, this is the vid when she says Tesla is her fave abnormal! YIPPEEEE!

And the end of the vid is so funny! I have to say that I didn't like RDunne at first (well, for the first two years at least) but his interaction with Amanda, the way they always hang out together and make fun of each other - all of that made me see him in a different light actually. Sorry for OT

Spoiler:
          I wonder if what happens in the last 1.30mins will be that kiss?!?! Doubtful, but one can hope, right?!

Tesla is my fave abnormal too! Other than the Nubbins ofc BRING BACK THE NUBBINS! Preferably when Tesla and Magnus are alone in a room...for hours...

Amanda made it to the cover of the Sci-fi Women calendar: http://www.redbubble.com/people/film...-fiction-women
          *drool*

And Sanctuary sez on FB that the original working title of Resistance was "Department of Tesla Affairs". lol

I'm sooo looking forward to watching this ep!
          Awesome! Go Amanda!

LOL! That would have been an amazing name! I'm sure Niko would approve!

Sorry for the double post

But I've just watched the ep and I can't help it lol

I loved Resistance. It was not so adrenalin-laden as Monsoon but definitely a great ep nonetheless. Many awesome Teslen moments.

Spoiler:
          My favorite quote: "I have faith in you". Awwww.
          The rest of Teslen interaction comes close second

And as much fun "Nikky's" fangirl was, that moment is more cringeworthy for me than humorous I mean, she basically throws herself at him, calling him a petname, and he doesn't look like it's the first time He's uncomfortable but only because of the others present... Gah. I like to think that "Nikky" has more taste.

Spoiler:
          I LOVED THIS EP!!!!!!!! *squeeees* So many Teslen moments!
          I loved the bit where he moves closer to her at his desk in the 'rift room' I thought it was so subtle! ANd also the bit about 'what is it with you and me and dark narrow corridors?' 'I know it does seem to be a recurring theme doesn't it' 'hey, whadya say we ditch the kid and find an intimate supply closet somewhere?' HEEEHEEE!
          Yeah, he's uncomfortable and flustered cause she does it in front of Helen and Henry. He's never been flustered before and I thought that was really sweet! Awww! And yep, that woman was a total fangirl! What would we be like if we worked for Niko, we would take any chance to throw ourselves at him, right!? And I thought when Helen called him 'Nikki' later it was LOL!

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
          On this note... does Tesla know about Helen reliving through history yet?? I wasn't sure if I'd missed it or if we're supposed to just assume?

Pink Glitter? Random, I realise
          Yes I agree we're all capable of imagining what would happen next, but that's not to say I wouldn't tune it to watch it...
          *dirty-laugh*

I've just watched this ep too! Although strangley...
          Spoiler:
          I found myself more intrigued by the Henry/Nikola interaction
          I'm sure all will be right with the world in the next Tesla-episode though and I can get back to focusing on Helen/Niko

Yep - agree about the character building, and the Helen/Niko/Henry interaction
          I don't think he does, like he siad it's not as if shes on speed dial, so that means the info he usually gets on her from his sources probably isn't much, and he didn't mention it...
          Oh, we sure are! And I think a lot of people would watch it *mwhahaha!*

Spoiler:
          I was too, but I still loved the Teslen interaction, it was really nice to see Tesla and Henry bondind, especially over the whole fatherhood thing and whne Tesla saves him from the rift monsters nest! And awww at Henry pushing Niko out of the way!

Sorry for the double post (again today) but I've just uploaded my Teslen vid! *yay*

There are minor spoilers for S4... I also did some tweaking with Photoshop, I hope you like it!

Watch in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLTd3NyAjU
          OMGOMGOMG! I LOVE IT! I commented This is just perfect!

I managed to see that scene and I´m not happy. But at least she told Helen that "Nikki" often talks about her, so she must know that he feels something for Helen. Actually it shouldn´t be a surprise that he has women out there, but I wished I wouldn´t know for sure. So I hope it´s nothing serious and thank god, he didn´t liked being hugged by her. Maybe it´s just an affair, for him at least.

That really sucks, now I know in every ep he is in (and he still works there) that he might have still something with that women.

Wonder how Helen feels about that.

I just noticed that this women looks a little bit like Helen, at least her stature and heigh. Coincidence? Maybe Helen starts to get jealous because of that. Like she said: He is an amazing men. Somehow I had the feeling that she tried to pair them off, I mean "Don´t be mad at him and He is an amazing men". Strange. Maybe she was really just a friend with a crush.

If she really had a relationship with him wouldn´t she be worried about Helen being there. Like she said Nikola often talks about her and all that. Then she would not have said "Don´t be mad on him" She would have said be mad on him.
          Yeah, If Tesla talks about Helen to the woman then i don't think they are a couple or anything like taht, I think she just has a crush on him, and follows him around and is one of those employees who are like a teachers pet and just wnats to be near their boss And she obv. knows how much Niko likes Helen, why would he talk about her so much if he didn't. Who knows why she calls him Nikki, *shrugs* I don't know why he would let her do that lol
          sigpic
          Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
          'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
          : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
          I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
          Indeed

Comment

and I mean they have the choice to edit it or not, they can cut it out or not.
            Wow, so that means that we might not see the scene!?!?! I always thought it was for sure we would see it I really really hope they let the scene in. I mean why cut one second and it was the idea of a producer, so I really hope we will see it.

Comment

Thank you for your kind words, StarSancFar! Your comment on YT totally made my day! <3

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
              Tesla is my fave abnormal too! Other than the Nubbins ofc BRING BACK THE NUBBINS! Preferably when Tesla and Magnus are alone in a room...for hours...
              Is it the part where I confess that I never saw the Nubbins episode?
              But it sounds... interesting... especially because they seem to be really prominent in Teslen fanfiction!
              *gotta come back and watch it*

Wow, so that means that we might not see the scene!?!?! I always thought it was for sure we would see it I really really hope they let the scene in. I mean why cut one second and it was the idea of a producer, so I really hope we will see it.
              Well the bloopers/outtakes of Sanctuary get better every season... maybe we could see that moment on the blooper reel at least But I certainly hope they won't cut it out!

Comment

But i really want it in that ep, because if they leave that out they had no reason to continue with that in season 5. It practically never happened and that scene in bloopers or outtakes wouldn´t be canon and I want Teslen canon already
                But that scene was already aired on TV, right? In this "Breakfast Television Vancouver" So it wouldn´t make sense to leave that out and I think they aired that to attract viewers and if they cop out they would disapoint many fans. And what is better for a first kiss bewteen 2 series main character than a season finale? So much possibilities for the next season.

Regarding the redhead (does she have a name?) I hope they mention that in the next Tesla ep. Wanna see if Tesla still feels awkward about that. Maybe Helen could tease a little bit and try to hide her jealousy And we could find out for sure if there is something or not. I´m still torn.

Comment

But i really want it in that ep, because if they leave that out they had no reason to continue with that in season 5. It practically never happened and that scene in bloopers or outtakes wouldn´t be canon and I want Teslen canon already
                  But that scene was already aired on TV, right? In this "Breakfast Television Vancouver" So it wouldn´t make sense to leave that out and I think they aired that to attract viewers and if they cop out they would disapoint many fans. And what is better for a first kiss bewteen 2 series main character than a season finale? So much possibilities for the next season.

Regarding the redhead (does she have a name?) I hope they mention that in the next Tesla ep. Wanna see if Tesla still feels awkward about that. Maybe Helen could tease a little bit and try to hide her jealousy And we could find out for sure if there is something or not. I´m still torn.
                  Uh, I didn't think AT was talking about the kiss scene in her panel! I thought it was about another random (but still awesome) adlib scene with her and Jonathon (I SO love to spell out his name! *drools*).
                  But I agree of course, I want all juicy Teslen moments on screen and in canon!!!

The redhead has a name. She was calles Dr. *** once but I didn't catch the name.
                  I too would love to hear Helen or Henry mentioning her (or a similarly awkward "Nikky" moment ) some time later!

ETA: Oh, and I don't think Helen would be jealous of the redhead. I think Helen must feel the readhead is superior to her (or at least equal) to feel this way. It's clearly not the case so I think Helen is more amused by the whole situation.
                  But it's only my opinion and it works only because I seriously don't think Nikola was intimate with the scientist.
                  Last edited by es!; November 6, 2011, 03:39 AM.

Comment

About the jealousy thing I disagree, if she is already really in love with him (but of course I don´t know her "feelings status") that must be really hurting.
                    And she can´t be sure that there is nothing, after all Nikki is a man, alone the fact that he could return her affections could drive her nuts, but of course she wouldn´t show.
                    I mean if you love someone and this person is apparently with somene else it doesn´t matter if she/he is equal to you. Alone the fact that your darling is with someone else is shattering and I think I saw jealousy in Helen, when she hugged him she looked down but for a very short moment and when she realized that he was ashamed she was amused and smiled. But that´s just my opinion.

And her saying Nikki I interpreted as jealousy too, she imitated the scientist maybe to show how ridiculously she thinks red heads behavior is. And if she´s OK with it why would she care and did you noticed her look when red head said that she shouldn´t be mad on Nikola no Nikki. I would love if they would continue to call him sometimes Nikki.
                    Last edited by Altariel; November 6, 2011, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Eeeh, I dunno... Even if - IF! - Nikola had a fling with the redhead, I could never believe that he was in love with her. And this is what matters (for me). If I were Helen, I would probably feel a sting of jealousy for one moment (like what you described), but then dismiss the whole issue.

Comment

I don´t think he is in love with her too, if they have a fling, I mean a few minutes before that awkward scene he flirted with Helen "find an intimate supply closet" lol And I would have liked that more than the hug, they should have gone in that direction ;-)

Comment

Spoiler:
                          4X09 - Chimera
                          Short Episode Descriptions Magnus and Nikola Tesla become trapped in a virtual Sanctuary world at the mercy of the evil avatar of Adam Worth.

That sounds good oÔ

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            4X09 - Chimera
                            Short Episode Descriptions Magnus and Nikola Tesla become trapped in a virtual Sanctuary world at the mercy of the evil avatar of Adam Worth.

That sounds good oÔ
                            I have to agree with you here!
                            (altho Chimera was a terrible ep on SG1 )

Comment

That really sounds interesting. They both trapped together. I have just my problems to imagine how that ep will be if this is a virtual Sanctuary world.

Did anyone noticed Helens death-glare on Nikkis fangirl, now I´m pretty sure she was jealous.

Comment

That really sounds interesting. They both trapped together. I have just my problems to imagine how that ep will be if this is a virtual Sanctuary world.

Did anyone noticed Helens death-glare on Nikkis fangirl, now I´m pretty sure she was jealous.
                                I'm going to rewatch the ep tonight (again! ), I will be looking out for the Death Glare!

Comment

Working...
                                X