No announcement yet.

Sanctuary - DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I preordered mine last night from EZYDVD down here in Aus... bring on Sept 9!!!

Comment

awesome bonus features

hope they are all on the australian release...
      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I'm too looking forward to see Sanctuary on DVD.

It was only luck that I have raed something about it at the RDAFAN forum.
        And I haven't got a clue when it will be aired in Germany.

So I hope that I find soon something at amazon.de.
        So what would you think about Alar?
        I'm not sure he is concealing something.
        What do you think it is?
        I do not know. He's concealing it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hummel View Post
          I'm too looking forward to see Sanctuary on DVD.

It was only luck that I have raed something about it at the RDAFAN forum.
          And I haven't got a clue when it will be aired in Germany.

So I hope that I find soon something at amazon.de.
          Good luck, I hope you find it.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

On September 15, prepare to believe in the unbelievable as SANCTUARY: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON debuts on DVD in a deluxe, 4-disc set featuring all 13 exhilarating Season One episodes plus over two hours of bonus features...

Presented in 16×9 anamorphic widescreen with 5.1 Surround Sound and optional English and Spanish subtitles, SANCTUARY: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON also includes an arsenal of exclusive extras including: audio commentaries on all 13 episodes with cast and crew including Amanda Tapping, creator Damian Kindler, director Martin Wood and more; three making-of featurettes (”Welcome to the Sanctuary,” “Sanctuary Residents” and “Sanctuary Visual Effects”); the original Sanctuary webisodes (which provided the inspiration for the television series); a bloopers reel; behind-the-scenes photo gallery and an exclusive sneak peek at Season Two

http://www.dignews.com/news/sanctuary-coming-home

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
              On September 15, prepare to believe in the unbelievable as SANCTUARY: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON debuts on DVD in a deluxe, 4-disc set featuring all 13 exhilarating Season One episodes plus over two hours of bonus features...

Presented in 16×9 anamorphic widescreen with 5.1 Surround Sound and optional English and Spanish subtitles, SANCTUARY: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON also includes an arsenal of exclusive extras including: audio commentaries on all 13 episodes with cast and crew including Amanda Tapping, creator Damian Kindler, director Martin Wood and more; three making-of featurettes (”Welcome to the Sanctuary,” “Sanctuary Residents” and “Sanctuary Visual Effects”); the original Sanctuary webisodes (which provided the inspiration for the television series); a bloopers reel; behind-the-scenes photo gallery and an exclusive sneak peek at Season Two

i waited, hoping the price would go down again and it did! so i just pre-ordered it.

(too bad this wasn't out now... with the barren landscape that is stargate right now, i *need* this)
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                Some news on the DVD release http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1091

The article talks about the Region 1 release and mentions :

"With Sanctuary, E1 will offer rental stores a special five-disc configuration that includes two copies of the first disc in the four-disc set (prebook Aug. 18; $44.98). In addition, each disc in the set will be packaged in its own case with artwork to facilitate rental display."

Follow the links for more details.
                Don't forget the other important part of the article:

"The first season of Sanctuary, streeting on Sept. 15, will be the company’s most mainstream TV release. Sanctuary, considered one of Sci-Fi’s top-rated series, will bow its second season this October."

The bolded part is my fave . I've said it planety of times, but that's the kind of feedback I always want to hear .

From Carol Appleby (Sanctuary PR) on Twitter :

"caroleapple just finished shooting extra interview footage for #Sanctuary season 1 DVD bonus features. VFX r just cool.

about 1 hour ago"
                Cool .

It looks like we finally have a release date for Australia, EzyDVD has the Season 1 box set marked as Available Wednesday, 09 September 2009 for $49.97

Check out the link for details.
                I found these details on the Tower Video site http://www.tower.com/sanctuary-compl...wapi/113601898

Distributor Note

The beautiful enigmatic Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping) and her Sanctuary team are on a quest to study and protect the strange and terrifying creatures that secretly populate our world. Along with their newest recruit, forensic psychiatrist Will Zimmerman (Robin Dunne), the group must face their darkest fears and their worst nightmares in order to provide a safe haven for the monsters that lurk in the shadows. As seen on SciFi Channel. From the writers and producers of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.
                Release Note

DVD Features:

4-Disc Set
                Region 1
                NTSC
                Box Set
                Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
                Audio:
                Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
                Subtitles - SDH - English
                Additional Release Material:
                Behind the Scenes
                Shorts:
                1. 2-part SANCTUARY Webisode Mini-series
                Audio Commentary:
                1. Producer/Star Amanda Tapping and Creator Damian Kindler
                Trailers:
                1. Sneak Peek at Season 2
                Text/Photo Galleries:
                Photo Galleries

The details have not appeared anywhere else yet so I can't verify the accuracy.

Also the boxset has cleared the Classification Board in Australia where it was rated -
                Classification : MA 15+
                Consumer Advice : Strong violence and supernatural themes.
                Way cool . "The beautiful, enigmatic and brilliant scientist, Dr. Helen Magnus" I like that .

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                Sweet! I actually was browsing Amazon earlier this morning and noticed it as well as I usually check to see if Sanctuary has anything new to see. Release date is September 15th in the US which is fine. Pre-order works too. *nod*

Totally looking forward to the commentary from AT, Wood, Kindler and the rest of the cast as well as teh bloopers.
                I can't wait for it either, the new season and the DVD . As for the DVD at Amazon, here it it-

Sanctuary at Amazon

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #956 in Movies & TV (See Bestsellers in Movies & TV)
                Popular in this category: (What's this?)

#49 in Movies & TV > Television > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i waited, hoping the price would go down again and it did! so i just pre-ordered it.

(too bad this wasn't out now... with the barren landscape that is stargate right now, i *need* this)
                Oh, yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! I'm even more excited now, I can't wait to see the features and how the DVD menus look . The features are always one of the things I look forward to the most, and I think I'll like these .

Comment

I'm going to wait for a price drop here in the UK £25.98 for a 13 episode season box set is ridiculous, especially since the US boxset is worth around £16.

Comment

A heads up for any Netflix users who don't want to wait for the DVD release to get their Sanctuary fix, Netflix has the entire 1st season available for instant viewing on their website.
                    Last edited by EvenstarSRV; 19 August 2009, 04:05 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Blooper reel!
                      Damn I wanted to wait for a possible blue ray but with all these goodies!
                      2 things might old me back:

1. Its a bit expensive

2. Region 2 only comes out right on top of the 2nd season so I wont buy it with the pretense of having to wait for the new season LOL

Comment

so i get a message from my bro today asking if i knew santuary came out on sept 09 (in australia)... so i message him back that i knew and that he was getting it for my bday... as most of you will have read ive mentioned this before, but apparently the whole conversation escaped my bros mind...
                        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                          so i get a message from my bro today asking if i knew santuary came out on sept 09 (in australia)... so i message him back that i knew and that he was getting it for my bday... as most of you will have read ive mentioned this before, but apparently the whole conversation escaped my bros mind...
                          ah! A brother with a sieve for a mind Perhaps regular messages from you until your birthday would remedy his forgetful state?

Rock on September!
                          -

Comment

ah! A brother with a sieve for a mind Perhaps regular messages from you until your birthday would remedy his forgetful state?

Rock on September!
                            yep, thats my bro alright

i just remedied it, i preordered it off amazon as the list of special features is longer then those stated for the australian release... and i didnt want to risk that they just didnt list them all... so now he just has to transfer me the money, i did the leg work for him

and yep rock on september

Comment

That sounds great! Thanks for posting. Can't wait.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

We'll have to compare aussie releases Vs US releases when they come out

Comment

Working...
                                X