Sanctuary - DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/San...Season-1/12137

My fave part is where it says that its said to include audio comentary by DK and AT in ALL 13 eps!

I hope that reagion 1 is the same as reagion2!
    I hate it when they start with. "Oh you know we have for fans in the states" like The x files! Bull****!

Comment

9-15-09

Comment

Oh, look what I found - Sanctuary DVD

Comment

Oh, decisions, decisions.

Do I wait to buy it at Best Buy (because as much as I like Sanctuary I can't delude myself into thinking it's 'big' enough for Costco to buy) or assume that amazon's proce is about the best I'm going to get?

Well, it's not like there's no time to decide. Gotta save for it anyway.

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I'm gonna wait for the blue ray. Dont understand why not release a blue ray version at the same time?Specially for a show like this...I mena RED camera ppl!

Comment

gotta have a blu ray player first
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                I'm gonna wait for the blue ray. Dont understand why not release a blue ray version at the same time?Specially for a show like this...I mena RED camera ppl!
                You realize you might wait years? I'm sure a a tv series would ahve to hit some type of critical mass to have the blue-ray option.

Sky. You could always do what I did and start buying DVDs before you have the player.

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

ill have to get it though amazon or ebay cause i doubt its going to be released in australia any time soon... id be quiet happy to be proved wrong though
                  "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    gotta have a blu ray player first
                    I do, I have a PS3. Best and cheapest way, at least here, to get one.

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    You realize you might wait years? I'm sure a a tv series would ahve to hit some type of critical mass to have the blue-ray option.

Sky. You could always do what I did and start buying DVDs before you have the player.

suse
                    Blue ray is whats next...everything is being released in blue ray. Even stuff that looks terrible in it LOL

I was gonna wait for it to be cheaper anyway.

Plus If I'm really patient theres the box set with all the seasons LOL
                    Many years from now when it ends

Seriously...I need the blue ray.

Comment

I do, I have a PS3. Best and cheapest way, at least here, to get one.
                      Blue ray is whats next...everything is being released in blue ray. Even stuff that looks terrible in it LOL
                      I was gonna wait for it to be cheaper anyway.
                      Plus If I'm really patient theres the box set with all the seasons LOL
                      Many years from now when it ends
                      Seriously...I need the blue ray.
                      All right - I give. What is so special about Blue Ray. Also, do they produce them in regional areas like DVD's or if I bought a blue ray copy of a movie in Europe can I play in on my BR player in the US.
                      sigpic

Comment

blue ray discs are only 'better' than red ray ones if you have

blue ray player, HD tv, connected with HDMI cables and the movie/show you're playing was taped in high def

if any part of your set up isn't HD, then the picture, etc is only as good as your 'weakest' link
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

blue ray player, HD tv, connected with HDMI cables and the movie/show you're playing was taped in high def

if any part of your set up isn't HD, then the picture, etc is only as good as your 'weakest' link
                          I have a HD tv (Phillips) an HDMI cable (Sony) and the PS3. But even a DVD looks better played by the PS3 then the DVD. It makes the image better. It really does.
                          Plus if you have a PS3 she makes the image of video files better

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          All right - I give. What is so special about Blue Ray. Also, do they produce them in regional areas like DVD's or if I bought a blue ray copy of a movie in Europe can I play in on my BR player in the US.
                          They are region free but some companies like Fox blocks them. Basically gives them reagions so for exemple an American version wont play in a European blue-ray. So you still have to be carefull.
                          Its great that most movies already come out with a bunch of subtitles. So when I buy from amazon most already have portuguese subs. And the blue-ray disk also records more, so more extras plus the interactive stuff.

Comment

Some news on the DVD release http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1091

The article talks about the Region 1 release and mentions :

"With Sanctuary, E1 will offer rental stores a special five-disc configuration that includes two copies of the first disc in the four-disc set (prebook Aug. 18; $44.98). In addition, each disc in the set will be packaged in its own case with artwork to facilitate rental display."

Follow the links for more details.
                            -

Comment

I have a HD tv (Phillips) an HDMI cable (Sony) and the PS3. But even a DVD looks better played by the PS3 then the DVD. It makes the image better. It really does.
                              Plus if you have a PS3 she makes the image of video files better
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

From Carol Appleby (Sanctuary PR) on Twitter :

"caroleapple just finished shooting extra interview footage for #Sanctuary season 1 DVD bonus features. VFX r just cool.

about 1 hour ago"
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X