Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Edmonds scone recipe... the from the cook book that New Zealanders have been using for generations:

3 cups plain flour
    6 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    75g butter (2 1/2 ounces)
    1-1 1/2 cup milk
    extra milk

1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
    2. Cut butter in until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
    3. Add milk and mix quickly with a knife to a soft dough.
    4. Knead a few times.
    5. Lightly dust an oven tray with flour.
    6. Press scone dough out onto this.
    7. Cut into 12 even-sized pieces.
    8. Leave a 2 cm space between scones.
    9. Brush tops with milk.
    10. Bake at 220C (425F) for 10 minutes or until golden brown.

My mum used to do things like add dates and cinnamon. I like to mix in grated cheese and pepper.

Yay!
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

my 'recipe' to get the eps to dvd works great. I just watched them at home and they looked fantastic

the few issues i had were with the show in general. some places the graphics are wonderful. beatifully clear and neat...but in other places - such as on the subway platform - the actors were very obviously punched out from the green screen...and when they're in the tunnel in the end, the lighting on helen made her look very 1D

beyond that, i like the pacing of each chapter, nad it's almost like reading a fic off ff.net, chapterized. I like the humor aspects adn i think my one beef was, one second helen and will were in her 'zoo' and the next they were going after alexi, with no clear transition of how she knew to go where she went and why. it almost felt like a scene was missing
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Damian's birthday is coming up on Thursday and we're planning something for him.

If you want to get details and participate, send an email to [email protected].

But you must act soon! Like within the next 24 hours.

Or PM me or MSN me. Skydiver knows about this too.
        Last edited by Uber; 29 May 2007, 05:10 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          my 'recipe' to get the eps to dvd works great. I just watched them at home and they looked fantastic

the few issues i had were with the show in general. some places the graphics are wonderful. beatifully clear and neat...but in other places - such as on the subway platform - the actors were very obviously punched out from the green screen...and when they're in the tunnel in the end, the lighting on helen made her look very 1D

beyond that, i like the pacing of each chapter, nad it's almost like reading a fic off ff.net, chapterized. I like the humor aspects adn i think my one beef was, one second helen and will were in her 'zoo' and the next they were going after alexi, with no clear transition of how she knew to go where she went and why. it almost felt like a scene was missing
          You know, I'm wondering if that after all the complaining that it was too dark in the first webisode that they lightened it and therefore the changed lighting made it look worse than it should.

And yeah I thought it needed something to transition those scenes in a better way, though I did love the river graphic. Some hint was needed of Helen talking Will into seeing what she did or getting a call that something was happening and Will asking to tag along out of curiousity, something, anything would have been better.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
            Damian's birthday is coming up on Thursday and we're planning something for him.

If you want to get details and participate, send an email to [email protected].

But you must act soon! Like within the next 24 hours.

Or PM me or MSN me. Skydiver knows about this too.
            i second this guys. I just did my part, e-mailed Oober a short little note

and hey, all you have to do is 'happy birthday from....'

please, spread the word and let's see how many greetings we can get in the next 24 hours

sigpic

Comment

I do see what you mean about the transition between those two scenes, but I did really like Helen's response to Will's question about how she knew where the next victim would be --
              Spoiler:
              I have my sources....plus I have a police scanner! Sidenote: I liked the "don't be ridiculous, exercise isn't for another two hours" in response to Will's question about whether or not these creatures run around freely!

Overall, I liked the second episode alot. Lots of unanswered questions, and I can't wait to learn about the mother/daughter relationship. The humor was really good and I think a bit necessary for an otherwise dark story (which I also like).

So far, good job sanctuary team. I'm one of those who will buy after the first four free episodes. I'm hooked.

Comment

i second this guys. I just did my part, e-mailed Oober a short little note

and hey, all you have to do is 'happy birthday from....'

please, spread the word and let's see how many greetings we can get in the next 24 hours
                BUT it's a secret.

This is the only place we're actually giving out any details publicly because we don't want it getting back to DK.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

ok, so don't spam LJ...but e-mail your friends. spread it around. PM your friends...IM or whatever.

y'all don't want my and OObs siggys to be the only ones on there

sigpic

Comment

ok, so don't spam LJ...but e-mail your friends. spread it around. PM your friends...IM or whatever.

y'all don't want my and OObs siggys to be the only ones on there
                    And it literally takes about 2 minutes to set up if all you want to do is type a note and IM me.

You don't HAVE to do the "sign it on a piece of paper/scan it/email it" thing if you don't want to.

Comment

Yeaaaah! Join in on the fun! Send me an e-mail ([email protected]) or a PM. And cheers for those people who've e-mailed me for details already! *loves*

San Diego Comic Con 2007 Attendee
                      San Diego Comic Con 2008 Attendee

Comment

so i watched ep two last night, then just now...

love it!!

Spoiler:
                        my fave part was actually the last few seconds, where helen and ashley are bickering with one another. it'll be super fun to see this relationship! of course, we know there'll be other loving aspects to their relay, but so far, i'm lovin' it.

as an amanda fan, it's great fun to see amanda be able to play a mother. and having the child grown makes it just as fun because of the butting heads/looking out for one another aspects.

on other aspects of the ep:

*i hope helen and company will be able to pull the little boy back into some kind of gentle behavior.

*jack/john... what's his true motive for mentoring the boy?

*those creatures in the caged sanctuary... very disturbing indeed, especially the... whatever they were that looked like they'd like to munch on your brain.

*i LOVED seeing the history of helen's life (in pictures)!! this is something i'm VERY interested in seeing!! maybe in flashbacks...

*helen's funny. and amanda's doing a great job with it!

a couple of things i didn't care for -

*i could see some of the green screen work.

*it ends too soon!

k, great ep, more please!

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

I did my part and gave it to Uber via IM...hope she spells my name right
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            I did my part and gave it to Uber via IM...hope she spells my name right
                            Sure...because copy/paste is like SOOOOO difficult for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                              Sure...because copy/paste is like SOOOOO difficult for me.

Ok then, hope I spelled my name right
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post

Spoiler:

ETA: One of the things I enjoyed most in webisode two was seeing how Amanda moves as Helen. A lot of people have been discussing her accent, but the thing that has impressed me the most is watching the way Helen moves and reacts to things as opposed to Sam. Helen just seems to have this aura of confidence and assuredness surrounding her. She definitely has a great deal of confidence in her profession, but more so there is a confidence in herself. I really enjoyed that Helen didn't appear the least bit affected of sitting in the room with Will in his skivvies. There was no embarrassment at all. I loved that. I also really enjoyed how Helen sat down in that chair when she was talking to Will. There was a very sexy ease about her that I'm really enjoying and I'm looking forward to see more of in the future. I think Amanda's done a remarkable job of creating a new character that is completley different from Sam. .
                                I'm definitely impressed.

Spoiler:
                                the things i highlighted; i noticed them too. especially with how helen sat down... i even replayed it.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X